5 (resized).png
4 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 112.
#1251 10 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Data East WWF running SmartDMD.
Picture really don't do it justice

Nice !
You can try to change the dot shape, use upscaling, and add background images

#1252 10 years ago

If you look close (probably hard to see) I am using a 'custom' dot. I started messing with the dots just a bit ago.

I just ordered a screen and controller to install...Metallica is gonna be sick colorized.

It looks like Data East only uses 3 shadings and one background color..or 4 in total...so you get 3 'main' colors. Stern uses 16 so you can really dial in the colors

Also with DE there is no need to crimp a 14P header on the existing cable..its already there.

For the cost of a new DMD you can have this setup...pretty damn sweet!

Edit: whoops..that pic isn't the image with the custom dots. I'll get one tomorrow

Quoted from oga83:

Nice !
You can try to change the dot shape, use upscaling, and add background images

#1253 10 years ago

I have just found out about this software which is really exciting, i own a tron pro and would like to try a couple of things.
I have installed the pinball browser software, it can run no problems. I checked out the stern website and downloaded the latest game code. Had a look at the folder and can only find a couple of pdfs.
It seems when i google bin files for the stern games it does show links to there sight but the files have been removed, am i missing something here.

#1254 10 years ago

The next version will have a function to display some online bookmarks statistics :
stats.pngstats.png

Any idea for new features is also welcome

#1255 10 years ago

As i mentioned in a earlier post, when i download game code for tron pro of which i do own the machine there are 2 x files.
STERN_Game-FINAL.psd
STERN_website-HOME1-1.psd
When i download star trek le
ST_LE_readme.txt
STLE1-42.bin

I am running 1.74 code in the machine and would like to start doing some mods but am unable due to there being no bin file?
Any help would be appreciated.

#1256 10 years ago

Stern has updated their website. Very badly it seems lol

PM me your email and I can send you the file after work...

#1257 10 years ago

Is there work on going to support colorizing individual Williams/Bally frames? At some point this was on the horizon for the extender project but then he changed his mind on releasing it (because his is a commercial product). I really hope this is in the works.

Thanks!

#1258 10 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Is there work on going to support colorizing individual Williams/Bally frames? At some point this was on the horizon for the extender project but then he changed his mind on releasing it (because his is a commercial product). I really hope this is in the works.
Thanks!

Not in the near future as there is no Williams/Bally in my neighborhood

#1259 10 years ago

hank527 found a bug in Pinball Browser : In some situations you cannot edit any images (an error is thrown when you close the editor).

I'll fix this bug in the next version; In the meantime, here is a workaround (you just need to do it once) :
- Go to the SmartDmd tab
- Click on Configure your SmartDmd device
- Validate the filename (you can keep the one that is proposed)
- Click on Save
- Close the SmartDmd Window

You can now edit your images

#1260 10 years ago
Quoted from digitalbytes:

Awesome. If anyone here is using this app and has not tossed this man a few bucks for his effort you really should. Building and maintaining software like this is no simple task and he keeps the updates flowing.
Thanks Oga.

Correct. Money sent

#1261 10 years ago

I made a custom soundtrack for Spider-Man.
The existing soundtrack was ok, just not Spider-Man.

I grabbed the sounds from the soundtrack of the movies and processed them in Audacity.

The video was recorded on my Samsung S4 so the sound isn't the greatest, but you should get the idea.

Enjoy.

/Finn

#1262 10 years ago

Way to break your own program. Since switching to begware now NO SOUNDS can be imported, not even 24khz wav files!

(Audacity says they're 24khz mono wav files, your program says they're not and that I need a license. GOOD JOB! Er, not.)

#1263 10 years ago
Quoted from KindOfRadNow:

Way to break your own program. Since switching to begware now NO SOUNDS can be imported, not even 24khz wav files!
(Audacity says they're 24khz mono wav files, your program says they're not and that I need a license. GOOD JOB! Er, not.)

I bought a license but prior to receiving that license I did a job on ST PRO and was able to import with the free version 24K wav files and worked fine on ST PRO. So have to disagree with these findings.

And yes, the developer deserves some financial credit for all his excellent work so just make a donation if this solves your problem. This also will encourage Oga to keep on developing which is also good for you

#1264 10 years ago

Have you tried the latest? Import a 24khz wav file, and it claims it can't import anything except a 24khz wav file. Open older version of pinball browser, no problem, so clearly the file isn't the problem but the current version is borked. If he fixes it I'll donate, but not before!

#1265 10 years ago

The version I used was downloaded last Saturday and was rel 351

#1266 10 years ago

PM me one of your sound files and I will tell you what's going on

#1267 10 years ago

Have you tried the latest? Import a 24khz wav file, and it claims it can't import anything except a 24khz wav file. Open older version of pinball browser, no problem, so clearly the file isn't the problem but the current version is borked. If he fixes it I'll donate, but not before!

Have you read the change log about the different sound engines ?
Try "Legacy".

#1268 10 years ago

way to make yourself look like quite the ass. if you don't like the software that's one thing, but given the changelog (and the number of pages that this thread has generated), it's not like he's not going to fix any issues. in fact, oga83 has been pretty damn pro-active with enhancements, feature requests and fixes to his software. I'm guessing that you've never written anything (let alone something this complex). shit happens when you attempt to fix things sometimes.

get a grip buddy (or have a beer and relax a bit). it's only pinball

btw, I'm quite sure that given the fact that you own 14 machines, that a donation of $5 or so to get a license and access the other features of the software isn't going to put you in the poor house

#1269 10 years ago

Version v3.52 can be downloaded. See OP for link and change log.
Many thanks to hank527 and j_m_ for the 2 bugs they have reported.
@KindOfRadNow : yes, new versions can have bugs :-;

#1270 10 years ago

I'm wondering if you have an error message saying :
"Sorry, I can't use this file..." or "File is not a Wav !"
which means that your file has not been imported.

of just an information message saying :
"This version of Pinball Browser does not have the Sound Edit features. It can only import 24kHz-Wav files ! Click on License in the main window."
which does not mean that your file has not been imported. Just that it needs to have the correct format and cannot be edited in Pinball Browser.

Have you tried to play the sound once it has been imported ?

#1271 10 years ago

I just donated, and I haven't even used the program yet.... Very impressive work. Keep it up!

#1272 10 years ago

I just downloaded PB352 and when I tried to open my MET Pro 1.51 bin file it says: "You do not have any sound bookmarks for this firmware. Do you want to check online?" When I hit YES, it crashes with the following error. If I hit NO, then it doesn't crash.
check online for sound bookmarks - error.jpgcheck online for sound bookmarks - error.jpg

#1273 10 years ago
Quoted from Hudson:

I just downloaded PB352 and when I tried to open my MET Pro 1.51 bin file it says: "You do not have any sound bookmarks for this firmware. Do you want to check online?" When I hit YES, it crashes with the following error. If I hit NO, then it doesn't crash.

Thank you for this feedback.
It happens on v3.52 when the bookmarks are saved.
This bug has been fixed in v3.54 (see OP for download).

#1274 10 years ago

I plan to donate soon, but wanted to post that this thread is great and the program it is about is outstanding. Great work!

1 week later
#1275 9 years ago

v3.55 is online !

This version is now compatible with multiple-language sounds :
Some games (POTC, FG and probably some others) have different languages for voice calls.
Thus, the number of sound scripts found by Pinball Browser has increased.
The current language can be selected in the advanced tab (it will be used for sounds, messages, adjustments and high scores)
Thanks to pinsider Rafa for reporting that some voice calls were missing in POTC.

The latest version can be downloaded at : http://tiny.cc/pinballbrowser
If the downloaded version is not the latest one when you click on the download link, you have to clear your browser cache.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#1276 9 years ago

I have uploaded v3.58
Fixes and improvements, mainly for the SmartDmd individual frame colorization.
Thanks to Monster_Bash for suggesting these improvements !

It can be downloaded at : http://tiny.cc/pinballbrowser (If the downloaded version is not the latest one when you click on the download link, you have to clear your browser cache)

#1277 9 years ago

Sorry if I missed it (the thread is quite long) but I was wondering if there is a way to have a display frame showing (and updating) while you change the colors in a particular palette. Seems like that would be the easiest way to design a palette to colorize a particular image or family of images.

#1278 9 years ago
Quoted from caker137:

Sorry if I missed it (the thread is quite long) but I was wondering if there is a way to have a display frame showing (and updating) while you change the colors in a particular palette. Seems like that would be the easiest way to design a palette to colorize a particular image or family of images.

In v3.62, you can change your colors in the Image Editor and the frame is immediately updated.

#1279 9 years ago

v3.63 is online !

Most of the new features have been added in the Image Editor to ease the game colorization process.
- Zoom (400%, 600%, 800%)
- Hotkeys
Ctrl-Z : Undo
Ctrl-Y : Redo
C : ReplaceColor Tool
E : Ellipse Tool
F: FloodFill Tool
L: Line Tool
P: Pen Tool
R: Rectangle Tool
Z: Use next zoom factor
(The key is displayed in the "tool tip" when you place the mouse over the tool)
- Ctrl-click on the palette to modify a color; SmartDmd has to be configured (Advanced Tab) and selected (Display Tab)
- Better pointing accuracy
- Other minor improvements

Thanks to Monster_Bash and Caker137 for their suggestions !

#1280 9 years ago

oga you are the man, utilizing your programming talents to make the world a far better place. if only ppl knew how important C family of prog langs was to their lives.
if Stern doesn't like this, they're crazy, this will increase demand for home use games; so long as machines on location are not severely messed with- which could misrepresent the original design of the games...not to mention infringement. and, if they really don't like it, then i'm sure they could lock their code down to make it a lot harder for you to "open" (sort of like apple locking code down until it is jailbroken, or android until the bootloader is unlocked/rooted)

anyways- short and sweet how to for beginners:

download PB software, DONATE TO OGA, wait for license, input license
format, clear a usb stick
download an official firmware .bin/.dat/.pbm zip of stern code
use pb software to open .bin file
use pb to navigate to song request you want to replace, replace it with (length matters) song you want by clicking green import button
confirm import volume/length
navigate to 'messages' to double click on text and replace text
save as your newly edited .bin image firmware to usb root folder (no sub folders), i also brought along the stock .dat and .pbm files in case those are needed
update stern game code on your machine with usb stick

watch a youtube video of updating stern pinball game code, it's basically: remove translite, flip switch #8 to on, plug usb in, turn on machine, hit select to update, avoid the 'verify image' step

make sure:
usb is formatted, clear, reliable!
you have an hour or so, even more time to determine what songs you want to replace, length matters immensely, so you may need to utilize audacity or pb browser's built in 'trim' function
it's easier to bring in a new longer song and trim it then it is to bring in a short song and try to extend it

successful example: on MET, i replaced Fuel with King Nothing. although I need to do it again because I didn't check the box for "this instance only" so my Fuel Mode was essentially turned into King Nothing mode. I'd like to preserve the Fuel song for only the Fuel mode.

essentially the better you get at cataloging the .bin file (page 25 of forum has Metallica song map locs for v151) to map the sounds locations (script numbers) the better and more satisfied you can be with your exact tinkerings. I plan to have my wife record some call-outs because she is pretty funny...and hopefully she'll want to play more

#1281 9 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

successful example: on MET, i replaced Fuel with King Nothing. although I need to do it again because I didn't check the box for "this instance only" so my Fuel Mode was essentially turned into King Nothing mode. I'd like to preserve the Fuel song for only the Fuel mode.

I don't know if the "this instance only" pertains to sound files. I think that is a text only option. I believe if you swap a song in one location....you swap all uses of it in the entire game.

#1282 9 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

essentially the better you get at cataloging the .bin file (page 25 of forum has Metallica song map locs for v151) to map the sounds locations (script numbers) the better and more satisfied you can be with your exact tinkerings.

You can also download the bookmarks (Sync button).
The MTL sound catalog is already in the online database.

#1283 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I don't know if the "this instance only" pertains to sound files. I think that is a text only option. I believe if you swap a song in one location....

Correct !

#1284 9 years ago

Now that I finally have a Stern title, can extra songs be added? For example Mustang Pro comes with 4 songs, can I increase that to 8 or 10?

#1285 9 years ago

If anyone wants to help me track down WAV files from either movie clips or Marvel Ultimate Alliance for Storm, Beast, Phoenix or Deadpool, I will be happy to put together a code that replaces the bad voices in XM.

#1286 9 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Now that I finally have a Stern title, can extra songs be added? For example Mustang Pro comes with 4 songs, can I increase that to 8 or 10?

No, it's replace only.

I was nosing in the Mustang software and it seemed strange that they have sizable chunks of each song....but they didn't just go ahead and include the entire song. Maybe the software is done in a way that they know you would be changing modes and playing a different song before the 3 1/2ish minute song clip had finished playing.

Anyway....it seems like it would be a great candidate to change the music on.

#1287 9 years ago

Anyone else having this problem when trying to import bookmarks?

error.jpgerror.jpg

...I guess I'm going to fast. I donated, but haven't received a license key yet, so many features are limited. ...waiting for the license key.

#1288 9 years ago

...just sent token ID via PM. I should have read up on this more before jumping in. Oh well, I'm updating code on my AC/DC premium now. This will be my very 1st attempt - just a simple song replace and text edit. ...my fingers are crossed.

#1289 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Anyone else having this problem when trying to import bookmarks?
...I guess I'm going to fast. I donated, but haven't received a license key yet, so many features are limited. ...waiting for the license key.

No, this feature should work in all Pinball Browser versions.
Maybe an outage at the online database service.
I've just tried and it's working fine.
Could you please try again ?

#1290 9 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Could you please try again ?

I just tried again and got the same error message. I did enter the license key successfully, so I know it's not anything related to that.

The good news is that last night I successfully replaced a song, and some text. It was kinda strange playing AC/DC with new music, but now that I've had a successful 'proof of concept' I can move forward with confidence.

#1291 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I just tried again and got the same error message

Do you have access to http://www.db4free.net/phpMyAdmin/ ?
If not, Pinball Browser cannot download the bookmarks.

#1292 9 years ago

Nope, I get this:

error2.pngerror2.png

I'm sure it's something quirky on my end, so don't waste your time trying to debug. I'll try to fix it on my end.

#1293 9 years ago

I ran into a strange issue when trying to open X-Men LE 1.1 software. This is a software revision that was shipped with my X-Men LE game and version 1.1 was never posted on Stern's site. I thought I had browsed this software before, but now I am guessing not.

Anyway, Pinball Browser will open it and I can browse the DMD animations fine, but if I select the sound button it causes the program to stop responding. I have tried this software with older versions of Pinball Browser and though some of them behave a bit differently....none of them will play the sound files.

So I was wondering what is making this software version to act strangely and not play the sound files? Is it because it was a version that I backed up from my game instead of downloading? The sound information of the right side also seems strange with the "Type ?" which I have never noticed before on other software in Pinball Browser.

Another question I have to other users. Does anyone have a version of X-Men LE 1.1 that they CAN open in Pinball Browser and listen to the sound information?

...and finally a slightly off topic request. If anyone has X-Men LE software 1.0 please let me know. I would be happy to pay someone to make a copy for me and for the shipping and their time and trouble.

X-Men LE 1.1.jpgX-Men LE 1.1.jpg
#1294 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I ran into a strange issue when trying to open X-Men LE 1.1 software. This is a software revision that was shipped with my X-Men LE game and version 1.1 was never posted on Stern's site. I thought I had browsed this software before, but now I am guessing not.
Anyway, Pinball Browser will open it and I can browse the DMD animations fine, but if I select the sound button it causes the program to stop responding. I have tried this software with older versions of Pinball Browser and though some of them behave a bit differently....none of them will play the sound files.
So I was wondering what is making this software version to act strangely and not play the sound files? Is it because it was a version that I backed up from my game instead of downloading? The sound information of the right side also seems strange with the "Type ?" which I have never noticed before on other software in Pinball Browser.
Another question I have to other users. Does anyone have a version of X-Men LE 1.1 that they CAN open in Pinball Browser and listen to the sound information?
...and finally a slightly off topic request. If anyone has X-Men LE software 1.0 please let me know. I would be happy to pay someone to make a copy for me and for the shipping and their time and trouble.

X-Men LE 1.1.jpg 59 KB

Someone should be able to put it up on dropbox or some fileshare site and not have to send it to your physically.

#1295 9 years ago

Doug, the earliest XMEN LE rom I have is LE 1.2 and this opens and plays the sounds fine in the latest pinball browser.
Is LE 1.1 somewhere I can try?

Quoted from DugFreez:

#1296 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Doug, the earliest XMEN LE rom I have is LE 1.2 and this opens and plays the sounds fine in the latest pinball browser.
Is LE 1.1 somewhere I can try?

I have 1.2 also and it opens and plays the sound fine in Pinball Browser.

1.1 (and 1.0) was never posted on Sterns website. It was the code that the games were originally shipped with. The 1.1 I have is the code that was originally shipped with my game. I'm wondering if the code being from an actual game backup might be what is causing the issue with Pinball Browser...as all other codes I have tried with Pinball Browser have been ones download from Stern's site and they open and play the sounds fine.

Seeing that X-Men LE 1.1 has animations that were never used and were removed from the later codes....it just makes me wonder if there were also sounds in the 1.1 code that were not used and also pulled from later software versions.

#1297 9 years ago

Meant to edit, but instead posted.

#1298 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I have 1.2 also and it opens and plays the sound fine in Pinball Browser.
1.1 (and 1.0) was never posted on Sterns website. It was the code that the games were originally shipped with. The 1.1 I have is the code that was originally shipped with my game. I'm wondering if the code being from an actual game backup might be what is causing the issue with Pinball Browser...as all other codes I have tried with Pinball Browser have been ones download from Stern's site and they open and play the sounds fine.
Seeing that X-Men LE 1.1 has animations that were never used and were removed from the later codes....it just makes me wonder if there were also sounds in the 1.1 code that were not used and also pulled from later software versions.

Backup your current 1.5.1 install and see if it works. That will tell you if it is the backup issue or not.

#1299 9 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Backup your current 1.5.1 install and see if it works. That will tell you if it is the backup issue or not.

Yeah...I don't know why I didn't think of that as a test.

#1300 9 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Do you have access to http://www.db4free.net/phpMyAdmin/ ?
If not, Pinball Browser cannot download the bookmarks.

oga83, just a data point: I also can't access that URL and bookmarks DB doesn't work for me accordingly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.