5 (resized).png
4 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 112.
#1051 10 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

They are probably wanting to modify the switch matrix to be able to install the LE software on a Pro machine. I still don't think it will work.

It won't work. They will have a "Hardware/Software mismatch" message on the DMD...

#1052 10 years ago
Quoted from Dipsy:

Currently I run the Avengers firmware on my spiderman
I can fight Thor, Hawkeye, and Captain America. Ironman, Hulk
and Black Widdow are missing because there are a lot of switches
at the spiderman playfied that are not used at Avengers and vice versa.
If I would be able to reorganize the switch matrix, this would be much more
fun

That's cool !

#1053 10 years ago

I'd still like to see the defender extra man sound in place of the current extra ball screech.

Someone needs to host a set of modified images for people to download. Sorry if this has been suggested already. I didn't read the entire thread. I'd be willing to set something up BTW.

#1054 10 years ago

I couldn't make the Extra Man sound fit because any sound needs to fit within the approximately 0.108 seconds of the current screech. I did find a laser blaster sound that fit with some effort. It's not as cool, but it is "softer" and less annoying.

#1055 10 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

It won't work. They will have a "Hardware/Software mismatch" message on the DMD...

No Chance to solve this Problem?
I would love to have the extra Sounds of the Avatar LE also on the Pro Edition.

#1056 10 years ago

Empty/blank sound and a real knocker.
Make is sew.

#1057 10 years ago

I just installed Crossover on my Mac and pinball browser seems to work great so far.

I'm messing around with Tron right now. Gonna make multiple binfiles, with different sounds/music, pics...etc

I have a few recorded wavs of one of my buddies singing when we were drinking. Gonna add those to a rom and not tell him. Next time he comes over I will have the software ready and installed haha....he will laugh his head off...

#1058 10 years ago

Here's a few locations I've found on Tron so far. I haven't fully tested this, but it may save someone some time

Song request locations:

27 - maintune
28 - matchevent
29 - end of game
31 - quorra
32 - rinzler
33 - end of line
34 - return to grid
125 - clu
161 - zeus
185 - lightcycle

Sound effect locations:

23 - ball out???
25 - knocker??
47- you have achieved a high score
48 - combatant one high score
53- you have tilted
54 - girl says match event
95 - quorra multiball
98 - ball added
132 - that was impressive
136 - gem hurryup
171 - end of ball sound
183 - light cycle multiball is lit
187 - initiate light cycle battle
209- battle rinzler for disc war multiball
239- welcome back program
240 - comb 1
241 - comb 2
242- comb 3
243 - comb 4
250 - start of SOS
270 - extra ball collected
268 - extra ball is lit
271 - shoot again
279 - bum de bum bum tronnn

#1059 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Empty/blank sound and a real knocker.
Make is sew.

I thought this was as easy as installing a knocker on the ticket dispenser output. Turning on the ticket dispenser for specials, then turning the knocker volume to off.

#1060 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I just installed Crossover on my Mac and pinball browser seems to work great so far.
I'm messing around with Tron right now. Gonna make multiple binfiles, with different sounds/music, pics...etc
I have a few recorded wavs of one of my buddies singing when we were drinking. Gonna add those to a rom and not tell him. Next time he comes over I will have the software ready and installed haha....he will laugh his head off...

#1061 10 years ago

I got a bunch of new songs onto my Tron now, it's like a whole new game!!

I will take a video one night when I'm super bored..

It's still a WIP, but so far it's great. I want to change a few sound effects now, and edit the Stern logo.

#1062 10 years ago

I would like to make the music a little louder than the sound effects.

What should I set the music/sound volumes to for best results?

#1063 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I would like to make the music a little louder than the sound effects.
What should I set the music/sound volumes to for best results?

In the game settings its trial and error. Try -25 and see. But it might be better to increase the volume 3 db or so at a time in the sound editor before building the rom.

#1064 10 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

I thought this was as easy as installing a knocker on the ticket dispenser output. Turning on the ticket dispenser for specials, then turning the knocker volume to off.

Maybe. Haven't seen anyone really post that they've done it.

#1065 10 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

They do have kits to add a real knocker and there are some how-to websites that describe the process. It's not quite as simple as what you have described though.

#1066 10 years ago

You can turn off the sound and and a real knocker without the browser. Real knocker thread - http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-there-any-stern-real-knocker-kits-available/page/2#post-1321296

#1067 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

You can turn off the sound and and a real knocker without the browser. Real knocker thread - http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-there-any-stern-real-knocker-kits-available/page/2#post-1321296

It seems that the extra ball does not trigger the knocker : See this post

#1068 10 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

It seems that the extra ball does not trigger the knocker : See this post

I developed that website in 2008, so things might have changed. I emailed Stern a few times asking them to add a knock sound when extra ball is awarded. I will be installing a knocker in my STLE soon and can test this.

#1070 10 years ago

I made punkrock Tron last night! (Pennywise, Nofx, Bad Religion, The Smalls, etc)

Now I'm working on another one using great music from other pins.

Ie: BK2K, SOF, TAF, etcetc

#1071 10 years ago

Here's a quick shitty video I made showing Tron with music from other pins. I screwed up showing the disc restart music, so had to get into that mode again. Video could have been better and this is still a WIP, but you get the idea.

I still need to add a song or two and adjust some volume levels of individual songs. But so far it's fairly decent. Tron is a bit hard to edit, as it cuts songs off and only plays small sections at times...anyhow enough rambling, on with the show!!

P.S.

Can you guess all the songs?

Main Song = ?
Zeus = ?
Quorra = ?
Clu = ?
Light Cycle = ?
Disc Open = ?
Disc Multiball = ?
Disc Restart = ?
Match event = ?
End game = ?

#1072 10 years ago

For anyone who would like to help, I started a thread to attempt to catalog the music in Star Trek: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-catalog-of-music

#1073 10 years ago

I'd love to be able to put multiple bin files onto the game, and then when you turn the game on it lets you pick which one you want. Or you could pick a new one from the menus

#1074 10 years ago

Excellent Information!

#1075 10 years ago

Question about Tron,

In replacing the main theme - request 27, I'm finding that request 26 (ball in shooter lane loop) gets inserted into the main theme at one point. Has this been documented anywhere on the actual time stamp the loop is inserted? If not I'll be digging deeper into getting that ironed out. Really throws a wrench into matching the BPM and time...

EDIT: Oh interesting request 26 gets properly populated by importing 27.... makes the main track work well but the shooter lane music isn't great... more digging.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1076 10 years ago

I would like to try and add some sound effects to my montage rom now. If anyone can send me any effects from Bally/Williams games, or point me in the right direction. Please do...

I do know of this site (http://hem.bredband.net/b257182/sounds.htm)...and I also know you can get them using some pinball emulators...ie futurepinball vppinball...but maybe someone already has done a bunch...

Send pm if so...

#1077 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Here's a quick shitty video

original, fit with the TRON theme (if you can let yourself go "in" the pinball machine) and quite pleasant

#1078 10 years ago
Quoted from Dipsy:

Currently I run the Avengers firmware on my spiderman
I can fight Thor, Hawkeye, and Captain America. Ironman, Hulk
and Black Widdow are missing because there are a lot of switches
at the spiderman playfied that are not used at Avengers and vice versa.
If I would be able to reorganize the switch matrix, this would be much more
fun

Amazing!!! Video ?

#1079 10 years ago

Has anyone been working on redoing the sounds for spiderman? I started on it last night and was wondering if anyone else is working on it.

#1080 10 years ago

***edit gem is request 134***

I also think request 26 (just over 8seconds) is the shooter lane music? And it pulls it's sound from 27 which is the maintune...

Song request locations:

27 - maintune
28 - matchevent
29 - end of game
31 - quorra
32 - rinzler
33 - end of line
34 - return to grid
125 - clu
161 - zeus
185 - lightcycle
134= gem

#1081 10 years ago
Quoted from jamescardona:

Has anyone been working on redoing the sounds for spiderman? I started on it last night and was wondering if anyone else is working on it.

i know i am

#1082 10 years ago

I finished replacing all the music for Star Trek with music from the movie soundtrack. The Michael Giacchino music fits perfectly with the theme. HUGE thanks to oga83 for this!

#1083 10 years ago

here is what I have for spiderman so far. Any help filling in the gaps would be appreciated.

request address length what mode
27 0xC3 42s655ms main game
115 0xC6 31s679ms goblin 1, 2, 3
282 0xB7 28s270ms rescue MJ mode
26 0xC4 10s668ms plunge
112 0xBB 33s883ms ?
234 0xB5 29s994ms venom 3
195 0xC1 08s612ms ?
196 0xC2 17s306ms Sandman 1, 2, 3
143 0xC7 13s892ms doc ock start?
144 0xC8 30s489ms doc ock 1, 2, 3
46 / 292 0xC5 29s548ms amazing spiderman mode
339 0xB3 40s012ms battle royale wizard
262 0xBD 25s623ms daily bugle mode
318 0xBE 07s905ms black suit MB start
319 0xBC 21s356ms black suit MB
348 0xB2 37s502ms superhero?
114 0xC0 07s703ms ?
250 0xBA 36s012ms bonesaw mode
113 / 337 0x99 04s195ms MB end / black suit MB end
357 0xBF 06s009ms superhero start?
57 0xB9 27s765ms end credits
270 0xB8 33s375ms new goblin mode
232 0xB6 37s783ms venom 1 and 2

#1084 10 years ago
Quoted from jamescardona:

here is what I have for spiderman so far. Any help filling in the gaps would be appreciated.
request address length what mode
27 0xC3 42s655ms main game
115 0xC6 31s679ms goblin 1, 2, 3
270 0xB8 33s375ms new goblin mode
232 0xB6 37s783ms venom 1 and 2

Sharing a Pinball Browser bookmark file would be great.
From the OP :