• 3,118 posts
  • 504 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by pekilica
  • Topic is favorited by 640 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 258 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

giphy.gif
bandicam 2019-04-02 20-56-52-368 (resized).jpg
bandicam 2019-03-11 23-08-58-222 (resized).jpg
0x91D (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG
0x91Da (resized).PNG
MET sparky splash logo (LED) (resized).jpg
ac-dc 0x6A7.jpg
Pinball Browser Not Showing BIN Files (resized).JPG
show hidden files (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG
low pass (resized).jpg
original puppy (resized).png
GOT (resized).png
PBv660 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

24 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 3118 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 63.
#651 5 years ago

dear oga and other user,

i have added some songs and custom speech on my avengers pro software!while update progress erverything works fine!after update there is an error 8 shown on display and i can't reboot the pinball!display shows nothing!only chance is to restart the pinball in update modus again try update again!also can't update with the original software after that error!pinball doesn't start after same error message!please help what is my failing!what should i do?i have replaced the cpu board from another machine but same problem!please help to solve my problem!

thanks a lot

chocho

#652 5 years ago
Quoted from chocho:

dear oga and other user,
i have added some songs and custom speech on my Avengers pro software!while update progress erverything works fine!after update there is an error 8 shown on display and i can't reboot the pinball!display shows nothing!only chance is to restart the pinball in update modus again try update again!also can't update with the original software after that error!pinball doesn't start after same error message!please help what is my failing!what should i do?i have replaced the cpu board from another machine but same problem!please help to solve my problem!
thanks a lot
chocho

There is always an error after update. After update is installed press the white reset button on your board in the backbox then shut the machine off then back on after you've moved the dipswitch back to normal.

#653 5 years ago
Quoted from chocho:

dear oga and other user,
i have added some songs and custom speech on my Avengers pro software!while update progress erverything works fine!after update there is an error 8 shown on display and i can't reboot the pinball!display shows nothing!only chance is to restart the pinball in update modus again try update again!also can't update with the original software after that error!pinball doesn't start after same error message!please help what is my failing!what should i do?i have replaced the cpu board from another machine but same problem!please help to solve my problem!
thanks a lot
chocho

Check again that you are using the correct firmware (Pro/Premium ?)
Most likely it's not the correct one for your pinball : you can't have the same issue on 2 different cpu boards.

#654 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Tired of searching for this thread. Bump.

Favorite it then. Really nice feature here on pinside.

#655 5 years ago

Has anyone been able to put back the BA BA T*R*O*N (something like that) sound back in the game ?

#656 5 years ago
Quoted from mmlpin1:

Has anyone been able to put back the BA BA T*R*O*N (something like that) sound back in the game ?

It is still there. You could always use a sound recorder to copy it and then put it in some location of a drop you want to replace. Just be sure they are the same length clip. Maybe a ball drain sound?

#657 5 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Favorite it then. Really nice feature here on pinside.

Done. Thanks! I had to find it first, though!

I just got back from vacation, and I'm trying to catch up on all the posts and everything people have learned playing with the program.

I managed to change the Stern logo in the attract mode easy enough, but what I really want to do is change a couple of the songs in Metallica. I just need to read up and play with the program a little.

What I'm hoping to do is use Audacity to combine two shorter songs like "Whiplash" (4:08) and "Hit the Lights" (4:17), trim them down a little with some fade-out to be the same length as "One" (roughly 7:30), and I can get two for one (no pun intended)!

#658 5 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

It is still there. You could always use a sound recorder to copy it and then put it in some location of a drop you want to replace. Just be sure they are the same length clip. Maybe a ball drain sound?

No need for a sound recorder. The program lets you directly export the sound. Just export, then import at another location.

The sound is at request 291 (0x258). I'm importing it to replace the start button push with.... bum bum bum bum bum.....TRON!

#659 5 years ago
Quoted from KillerKades:

No need for a sound recorder. The program lets you directly export the sound. Just export, then import at another location.
The sound is at request 291 (0x258). I'm importing it to replace the start button push with.... bum bum bum bum bum.....TRON!

On the LE, I suppose?

I just looked at it in the Pro v1.74, and it's at req 279 (0x258). Now, where's that start button sound, and how much space do we have? I don't see many sounds over 4 seconds that could be replaced by it.

#660 5 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

There is always an error after update. After update is installed press the white reset button on your board in the backbox then shut the machine off then back on after you've moved the dipswitch back to normal.

this is not true. on my WPT there was no error. I wish there was so i could have kept my high scores.

#661 5 years ago

thanks for help, now it works!have added some sound file double,that was my mistake!great program oga!very nice work!gratulations!

#662 5 years ago
Quoted from Jdawg4422:

this is not true. on my WPT there was no error. I wish there was so i could have kept my high scores.

Maybe its just certain games. Or if you're putting the update on top of the same code.

#663 5 years ago
Quoted from chocho:

thanks for help, now it works!have added some sound file double,that was my mistake!great program oga!very nice work!gratulations!

That's good news
What do you mean by 'have added some sound file double' ?
Whatever the sound file you import, that should not lead to a black dmd at boot time.

#664 5 years ago
Quoted from Jdawg4422:

It seems that the checksum is only used on recent games

#665 5 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

You can simplify : after the update, put the dip switches back to normal and press the white reset button.

The dip switches can even be restored to normal position during the update process.

#666 5 years ago

Can you change the pointers around if a song is extended, moving data further down the ROM given that there is enough unallocated space at the end? If so you can implement a function to defragment the ROM's unallocated space and move it all to the end for overwriting with useful data.

#667 5 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Can you change the pointers around if a song is extended, moving data further down the ROM given that there is enough unallocated space at the end? If so you can implement a function to defragment the ROM's unallocated space and move it all to the end for overwriting with useful data.

That's what I do for images and messages, but it's not possible for songs :
A song is not made of pointers;
Rather, it is described by a script (that's why an elementary sound is called a 'sound-script').
A script is a list of actions (up to 17 different actions, depending on the firmware version).
I only understood 1 of these actions which is 'play sound fragment'.
For example, hell's Bells (0x182) has 122 fragments and 100's of other actions...
To extend or reduce a song, it would be necessary to understand all of these actions.
So, I'm sorry but at this point, it is not possible to change the duration of a song

#668 5 years ago

Below are the song changes I made on METLE. I also changed the messages in the radio selection for the start of the game to reflect the new songs. I love the option to use more spaces if memory is available to be able to fit the entire song title. The tutorial posted by Pinballlooking on page 7 of this thread was a HUGE help!

- Replaced "The Unforgiven" with "The Shortest Straw." After the match sequence, the first 10 seconds of "SS" plays now, as well.

- Replaced "One" with "Whiplash" and "Hit the Lights." Because of the length of "One" (7:24), I was able to include two shorter songs with only a little trimming/editing of "HtL" If the gameplay is long enough, "HtL" will start right after "Whiplash." Another thing I noticed during gameplay is that "HtL" will play during "And Justice for All..." mode after spelling Metallica on the ramps. "HtL" isn't on that album, but oh well.

- Replaced "Fade to Black" with "My Apocolypse" and "Motorbreath." Again the length of "FtB" (6:56) allowed for two songs, although I had to fade out "Motor" about a minute early.

- Replaced "Creeping Death" with "Ride the Lightning." I didn't mind having "CD" in the song selection, but I would much rather have "RtL" play during Sparky Multiball, and the two songs are almost the same length, so it was an easy switch.

Because I was able to add two songs, I now have 14 songs instead of 12! However, I have to have good gameplay to reach those other two (unless I start "AJFA..." mode).

Thanks again for all the hard work and trial and error of everyone throughout this thread! This is a great program that has been really easy to work with!

#669 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Below are the song changes I made on METLE. I also changed the messages in the radio selection for the start of the game to reflect the new songs. I love the option to use more spaces if memory is available to be able to fit the entire song title. The tutorial posted by Pinballlooking on page 7 of this thread was a HUGE help!
- Replaced "The Unforgiven" with "The Shortest Straw." After the match sequence, the first 10 seconds of "SS" plays now, as well.
- Replaced "One" with "Whiplash" and "Hit the Lights." Because of the length of "One" (7:24), I was able to include two shorter songs with only a little trimming/editing of "HtL" If the gameplay is long enough, "HtL" will start right after "Whiplash." Another thing I noticed during gameplay is that "HtL" will play during "And Justice for All..." mode after spelling Metallica on the ramps. "HtL" isn't on that album, but oh well.
- Replaced "Fade to Black" with "My Apocolypse" and "Motorbreath." Again the length of "FtB" (6:56) allowed for two songs, although I had to fade out "Motor" about a minute early.
- Replaced "Creeping Death" with "Ride the Lightning." I didn't mind having "CD" in the song selection, but I would much rather have "RtL" play during Sparky Multiball, and the two songs are almost the same length, so it was an easy switch.
Because I was able to add two songs, I now have 14 songs instead of 12! However, I have to have good gameplay to reach those other two (unless I start "AJFA..." mode).
Thanks again for all the hard work and trial and error of everyone throughout this thread! This is a great program that has been really easy to work with!

For a friends MET I did:

Ride the Lightning for Creeping Death (Electric Chair Multiball)
Blackened for The Unforgiven
Slither for Sad But True (Snake Multiball)
Am I Evil for The End Of The Line

#670 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

On the LE, I suppose?
I just looked at it in the Pro v1.74, and it's at req 279 (0x258). Now, where's that start button sound, and how much space do we have? I don't see many sounds over 4 seconds that could be replaced by it.

I completed my first sound replacement last night, and it's not nearly as ambitious as some of you other guys. I do have a Metallica shipping today, so I'll probably be getting into replacing songs soon enough.

I decided the "Bum-ba-bum-bum TRON" would get annoying anywhere you put it other than attract sounds. Here's what I did:

1. Export the sound. It's at req 279, loc 0x258 in Pro v1.74.
2. Use Audacity to shorten the duration slightly using the "Change Tempo" effect.
3. Import the sound to req 41, loc 0x292.

I haven't yet verified that it works as intended. I tried 4 times, but got other attract sounds, and I got tired of waiting for the timer to reset.

Also, I was surprised to see that it did reset my scores/settings. This was a modified v1.74 over the stock v1.74.

#671 5 years ago

Last night, I was able to randomly get the sound to play, and you'd never know it wasn't part of the original ROM. Awesome work, oga83! This tool makes customization easy enough that nearly anyone can do it.

I had a thought about high scores that I'd like to test soon. If I change the default GC or HS adjustment value to a number that is not an even number of millions, what happens? Using that to modify the default scores to match your real high scores, modify the default initials to match your own, and choosing your default settings using Pinball Browser might mean that losing your settings and scores when updating would no longer be a problem.

Post edited by herg : Update on hacking high scores into ROM
Yeah, you can restore lost high scores by using the adjustments section. If you use a number that is not a multiple of 1M, adjusting it after flashing keeps the extra less significant digits until you hit the min or max value.

I was also able to use a hex editor, search for "G S" and replace it with "HLT". There is a minimum of 4 characters required for the "Search Firmware" or you would be able to do this within Pinball Browser.

1 week later
#672 5 years ago

I'm looking for new ideas :
So, what kind of feature would you like to see in Pinball Browser ?

#673 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Yeah, you can restore lost high scores by using the adjustments section.

That means people can also put in fake high scores.

#674 5 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

I'd like to see it run in OS X natively. That would be a nice feature.

#675 5 years ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Now why would he want to downgrade?

#676 5 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Glad to see you are back.

I still vote for an auto play button on the audio and display tabs.

For the display, just holding down on the right arrow to let it scroll is fine (but I still think an auto play would be nice).

As far as the sounds go.....an auto play would be really nice. As it is now....it's click, enter, click, enter, click, enter,...........

It would be nice to just click a button and have Pinball Browser automatically start playing the display animations or sounds effects from where it is.

#677 5 years ago

+1 as I can't get boot camp to run on my mac to run the program

#678 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That means people can also put in fake high scores.

True, but you could do that with way less effort by simply removing the glass. This way is only useful for people who are upset at losing their legitimate high scores.

Quoted from DugFreez:

+1

#679 5 years ago

Very cool program. Is it possible to add sounds to things like slingshots, etc. or is there no code in place for such events? Asking about AC/DC.

#680 5 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Glad to see you are back.

Well, I'm still on holidays, but I keep an eye on pinside
I was in Santa Fe, NM, yesterday; I wish I lived in the US !

Quoted from DugFreez:

For the display, just holding down on the right arrow to let it scroll is fine (but I still think an auto play would be nice).
As far as the sounds go.....an auto play would be really nice. As it is now....it's click, enter, click, enter, click, enter,...........
It would be nice to just click a button and have Pinball Browser automatically start playing the display animations or sounds effects from where it is.

I like this idea !

#681 5 years ago
Quoted from Goldentee:

Very cool program. Is it possible to add sounds to things like slingshots, etc. or is there no code in place for such events? Asking about AC/DC.

A slingshot switch triggers an event (which in turn triggers the coil). This is where the new code should be added. So, I think it could be possible.

#682 5 years ago

Did you try mono ?
I did on Linux, so it should work on mac os.

I did the test a while ago and had to make some modifications in Pinball Browser to make it work fine.
I didn't tried with the latest version and if corrections are needed, I'll do them; just let me know if you get any errors with mono on mac os (with details as I don't have any mac to run it).

#683 5 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Exporting of sequenced music either in raw format or MIDI format?

#684 5 years ago

Has anyone tried adding SFX or calls to Transformers, yet? I know there are some missing calls during Autobots Roll Out, for instance. I see mainly talk of Tron and ACDC modification, so figured I'd check.

#685 5 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

That's good news
What do you mean by 'have added some sound file double' ?
Whatever the sound file you import, that should not lead to a black dmd at boot time.

I have added some wav files to request`s double,because sometimes one request has two same soundfiles, there i have added my files in both.Ading my files only once has solve my problem!(I hope you can understand what i mean,please excuse my bad english).

Has someone Avengers quotes for modding....???especially from tony stark/iron man
Or a weblink where to receive?many thanks

Markus

#686 5 years ago

Another suggestion for adding to this software could be the ability to colour the frames individually by hand. Of course, i have no idea how hard this would be to implement but would be super cool to be able to make colour images from new stern machines image output. With advancements in dmd replacements such as lcd screens would make this the ultimate Stern mod +1.

1 week later
#687 5 years ago

the "puuuk" knocker sound (did i missed the talk in these 14 pages ?)

the soft is (seems) easy to use, i found the good ones to change (for my TRON LE & NBA)
got a digital "good & quite real" knocker sound (from VPinball)
converted it easilly, imported it too ... but the result while playing it is bad & not what it has to be !?

some ideas ?

#688 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

the "puuuk" knocker sound (did i missed the talk in these 14 pages ?)
the soft is (seems) easy to use, i found the good ones to change (for my TRON LE & NBA)
got a digital "good & quite real" knocker sound (from VPinball)
converted it easilly, imported it too ... but the result while playing it is bad & not what it has to be !?
some ideas ?

ooooh, the screech its post of the original rom? Please post if you get it working, that'd be worth trying this software out.

#689 5 years ago

When I tried, the Stern knocker sound was very short in duration, and the good knocker sounds were much longer. I tried condensing them, but couldn't come up with anything good.

#690 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

When I tried, the Stern knocker sound was very short in duration, and the good knocker sounds were much longer. I tried condensing them, but couldn't come up with anything good.

I found the knocker at 0x15 thanks to dugfreez- very surprised it is so normal sounding in the browser, if it sounded like that I wouldn't mind so much! Probably why Ripleyyy had trouble. If we could understand how the game plays this sound clip maybe we could fix the knocker. Possibly exporting it and reimporting it at a much lower volume might be worth trying.

#691 5 years ago

When set on low, I don't find the Stern sound to be too loud, just that it is an annoying sound. I eventually add real knockers to my games anyway, so I kinda bailed on it, but here's the best sounding replacement WAV I was able to make within the shortened length available. I haven't put it on a machine to see how it sounds.

http://herg.homeip.net/knocker_replace.wav

#692 5 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Another suggestion for adding to this software could be the ability to colour the frames individually by hand. Of course, i have no idea how hard this would be to implement but would be super cool to be able to make colour images from new stern machines image output. With advancements in dmd replacements such as lcd screens would make this the ultimate Stern mod +1.

I'm already working on it :-;

#693 5 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Exporting of sequenced music either in raw format or MIDI format?

What do you mean by "raw" format ? Wav is already a kind of raw format.
If you mean "Internal Stern format", it would not be usable by any mmplayer because 1- there is no adequate header and 2- most of the songs are divided in several sound fragments

IMO, exporting to MIDI is not worth it as sounds are not internally stored in MIDI format.

#694 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

When set on low, I don't find the Stern sound to be too loud, just that it is an annoying sound. I eventually add real knockers to my games anyway, so I kinda bailed on it, but here's the best sounding replacement WAV I was able to make within the shortened length available. I haven't put it on a machine to see how it sounds.
http://herg.homeip.net/knocker_replace.wav

yours sounds bad too on the software (but may be its not the same while in the pin ? i doubt not)

here's the VP one, if some guys would try to do something with it

http://ti1ca.com/ps4xh85g-VP-knocker-VP_knocker.wav.html

#695 5 years ago

I didn't say it was good. There's just not much space to work with. I started with the VP file, but it's like 4 times as long as the available space.

#696 5 years ago

So- I tried Herg's file - sounded fine in the software but was still an exceedingly loud screech during the knocker test. I used audacity knock the volume down another 35 ticks - was very quiet in the software but still the screech in the game.

I'm wondering if the game even uses that knocker sound? I ran out of time before being able to redo the file with an even lower volume sound.

#697 5 years ago

well than, may be a good opportunity to add a "cow" sound in place of that shity knocker !!!

(but not, as the prob is the available space)

#698 5 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I'm wondering if the game even uses that knocker sound?

Wouldn't that be a kick in the teeth?

#699 5 years ago

Great program and I will be able to get my AC/DC pinball to be just the way I want it. Thanks for sharing this with everyone!

#700 5 years ago

Used this for my ACDC and Metallica... Awesome!!

Wondering if anyone tried this with their Xmen LE? I thought it would be cool to change out the music sections with some hard rock... not sure what Request number is the main number for the main song clips.. make sense? Or how many different song clips there are... sure is harder when its just unknown music clips!

Anyone figured this out already?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.95
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Machine - For Sale
Chino Hills, CA
$ 209.99
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
St. Marys, PA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
€ 3.70
$ 11.95
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 3118 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 63.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside