1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 112.
#601 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Awesome Oga I can't wait to get home to mess with it. Stellar update as always. You said its not possible to change song length at this time, does that mean it will never happen with your program or you're still trying to figure out how to do it?

It really seems a big step ahead today, but nothing is impossible...

#602 10 years ago
Quoted from sixsixtie:

This is awesome. Good work!
Did you program it in c? Can you give any other sort of information? I have pretty good programming knowledge. I know java,python,js etc, etc I've only messed with c syntax stuff while working in linux. I know if I put some time in I could figure it out but I'm not sure where to start. Could you post the uncompiled tennis game so I can poke around? I understand if you don't want to.
Anyway really just wanted to say great work though.

Pinball browser is programmed in C#
Program mod (tennis game) is in C (and a few lines of assembly) : I'll post the sources and a tuto asap, when I have the feedback of pinsiders who are testing it on MTLE and X-Men.
I'm still trying to figure out how to integrate tennis in the middle of a pinball game.

#603 10 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Pinball browser is programmed in C#Program mod (tennis game) is in C (and a few lines of assembly) : I'll post the sources and a tuto asap, when I have the feedback of pinsiders who are testing it on MTLE and X-Men.I'm still trying to figure out how to integrate tennis in the middle of a pinball game.

What would be cool is if we could add a little video game as like an easter egg that would only play with a combination of events that happen or button presses during events. Maybe make a guitar hero type game in acdc. Just brainstorming

#604 10 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Search for one string with Pinball Browser : it will give you its file offset (0x...)
Then, use an hex editor (www.wxhexeditor.org is a good one) and go to the file offset : all the strings you're looking for will be around

Thanks. I had already gotten that far, but what I'm running into is not knowing how many languages are in there for each insert, or which lamp location the text goes with. I have been unsuccessful at figuring out how the lookups work.

#605 10 years ago

OGA83,
Thanks for the awesome update.
The new search string feature is great.
However, one song I am trying to replace has a longer title than the original.
There does not seem to be a way to use spare memory like in the original search.
Would this be possible to add or am I just missing something simple.

My Dirty Deeds and Shoot to Thrill are not a problem but Girls got Rhythm is more letters than War Machine.

#606 10 years ago

If you replace a song with a shorter song, does it loop properly? Obviously you can't have longer songs.

#607 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

If you replace a song with a shorter song, does it loop properly? Obviously you can't have longer songs.

No. There will be silence until the original songs time is up then loop back.
What I do is start the song over and fade it out at the proper time.

#608 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

OGA83,
Thanks for the awesome update.
The new search string feature is great.
There does not seem to be a way to use spare memory like in the original search.
My Dirty Deeds and Shoot to Thrill are not a problem but Girls got Rhythm is more letters than War Machine.

I was just about to ask the same thing.

#609 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I was just about to ask the same thing.

Bump for oga83.
Waiting for your answer before I just abbreviate my song title on the song champion screen.

#610 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

No, it's not possible as we are not dealing here with pointers (to strings) : the program doesn't know which code is using a specific string, and thus cannot move it. However, it is possible to use the trailing spaces; the 2nd column in the list displays the used space versus the available one (for example 17/20 "WHOLE LOTTA ROSIE" means 17 char used among 20 available).

#611 10 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

No, it's not possible as we are not dealing here with pointers (to strings) : the program doesn't know which code is using a specific string, and thus cannot move it. However, it is possible to use the trailing spaces; the 2nd column in the list displays the used space versus the available one (for example 17/20 "WHOLE LOTTA ROSIE" means 17 char used among 20 available).

Thanks for the information.
Now, I can get to work.

#612 10 years ago
Quoted from rockinganker:

Someone needs to make a layered Photoshop file for the jukebox card. I have changed songs, titles, albums etc and it bugs me like crazy that the jukebox doesn't match.

+1

And also need rule card changed to match. Let's scrub any reference to the old, making like it never happened. Or at least making everything look factory.

#613 10 years ago

I had to go with "RIDE/LIGHTNING" in the firmware messages since I couldn't expand the number of characters used. On the regular messages I used the option to add the needed characters. I considered "RIDEDALIGHTNING" or "RideDaLightning", but decided against it.

That being said...I don't know where the game uses one type of message and where it uses the other. I will be trying it out at my friends tomorrow.

#614 10 years ago

Would it be possible to fragment messages/songs to allow them to expand into previously unallocated space? This would allow people to use blank space without remapping the pointers of every asset past the expanded resource.

#615 10 years ago

Replaced Thunderstruck with Heatseeker,had to lengthen the song in Audacity ,with songs like Heatseeker its easier to just add in another chorus,
great piece of software oga83

#616 10 years ago

This is what i mean with next gen pinball. If the master of this, i kneel down for you, can get it so that we can customize rules, with modes and dots. Like the cactus canion messia is doing.

That will be fantastic, and many pins that are underpar codewise, suddenly can be real top pins.

Imagine avatar or indy stern, transformers maybe. And there are alot more. When coding is up to a top standard that all can be awsome pins.

Good luck and have fun all you guys in this adventure. I will be watching.

#617 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I had to go with "RIDE/LIGHTNING" in the firmware messages since I couldn't expand the number of characters used. On the regular messages I used the option to add the needed characters. I considered "RIDEDALIGHTNING" or "RideDaLightning", but decided against it.
That being said...I don't know where the game uses one type of message and where it uses the other. I will be trying it out at my friends tomorrow.

I had to do the same thing with Girls got Rhythm. Too long for War Machine.
In the end I just opted for GOT RHYTHM CHAMPION.
It works and gets the point across.
This is an awesome program that just keeps getting better.

#618 10 years ago

I am going to attempt to change some songs in IM tonight.......everyone wish me luck

#619 10 years ago

I d/l'd the program last night but didn't get to it. Let us know how long it takes you to get it all figured out, I hope to give it an attempt next week..

#620 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Would it be possible to fragment messages/songs to allow them to expand into previously unallocated space? This would allow people to use blank space without remapping the pointers of every asset past the expanded resource.</blockquote

oga you amazingly solved the "song text champion" mystery. Very impressive.

Now if there was only a way to transform the short song clips on TRS into full songs. Even if it meant we needed to delete other redundant callouts.

#621 10 years ago

How did I miss this thread before today???

This is awesome!

For April fools I will be replacing all my friend's AcDc tunes with Justin bieber songs....

#622 10 years ago

I need to work on getting Breadfan, Four Horseman and ride the lightening into my MET. Can anyone help me with that? I'm on a Mac so it would be a pain to do.

#623 10 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I am going to attempt to change some songs in IM tonight.......everyone wish me luck

Success....however my available length for the songs is very short (they are all under one minute). I can only select a part of the song to import, but its working. ACDC is back with Ironman

#624 10 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Success....however my available length for the songs is very short (they are all under one minute). I can only select a part of the song to import, but its working. ACDC is back with Ironman

Awesome. Glad you were able to get it working.
This program is one of the best things to come along for pinball.

#625 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Would it be possible to fragment messages/songs to allow them to expand into previously unallocated space? This would allow people to use blank space without remapping the pointers of every asset past the expanded resource.

Unfortunately, no : the sound structures are too complex.
I only figured out how was working a very limited part of them...
More info here :
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/4#post-901765

#626 10 years ago

I have been messing with 3 BIN files now. AC/DC Premium, AC/DC Pro and Metallica LE.
Have not had a chance to do Metallica Pro yet.
Here are the Song locations and length for each machine that you would need to change.
When you change this one file it does all the little snippets as well.
Just posting this to hopefully save someone new to this some time. I already posted the AC/DC premium earlier, but included it here just to have them all together.
Enjoy.

AC/DC Premium

300 Back in Black 3:20
301 For those about to Rock 5:43
302 Hell ain't a bad Place to Be 4:12
303 Hells Bells 5:13
304 Highway to Hell 3:31
305 Let there be Rock 5:59
306 Rock and Roll Train 4:18
307 Thunderstruck 4:51
308 TNT 3:33
309 War Machine 3:07
310 Rosie 5:19
311 Shook me All Night 3:20

AC/DC Pro

178 Back in Black 4:09
182 For those about to Rock 5:43
186 Hell ain't a bad Place to Be 4:12
190 Hells Bells 5:14
194 Highway to Hell 3:31
198 Let there be Rock 5:59
202 Rock and Roll Train 4:18
206 Thunderstruck 4:51
210 TNT 3:33
214 War Machine 3:07
218 Rosie 5:19
222 Shook me All Night 3:30

Metallica LE

340 Battery 5:09
434 Creeping Death 6:34
497 Enter Sandman 5:30
569 Fade to Black 6:56
622 For Whom the Bell Tolls 5:09
660 Fuel 4:29
720 Master of Puppets 8:32
788 One 7:24
839 Sad but True 5:23
909 Seek and Destroy 6:50
988 The End of the Line 7:51
1053 The Unforgiven 6:26

#627 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Metallica LE

340 Battery 5:09
434 Creeping Death 6:34
497 Enter Sandman 5:30
569 Fade to Black 6:56
622 For Whom the Bell Tolls 5:09
660 Fuel 4:29
720 Master of Puppets 8:32
788 One 7:24
839 Sad but True 5:23
909 Seek and Destroy 6:50
988 The End of the Line 7:51
1053 The Unforgiven 6:26

This is all very confusing. I found Battery at 340, but there are also identical length entries for Battery at 362 & 363. And I found Creeping Death at 426, along with identical length entries at 459 & 460. It seems like every song has multiple entries.

I am using METLE 1.16

#628 10 years ago

In metallica there are multiple copies of each song, but only 1 entry is the full song.
Every other copy is a varying length of the full song. The earlier post shows the entry point of each full song. If you replace the full song, the snippetsmget replaced automatically.

#629 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballlooking:

I changed “WHOLE LOTTA ROSIE” to DIRTY DEEDS in the messages. Then I searched for “WHOLE LOTTA ROSIE” and it found it in three places I changed it in those three places. Here is a screen shot of it.
Then I reflashed it. It looks so factory now. Once put a new custom printed card in the Juke box you will never know I changed it. (has anyone made one up yet)

I am unable to find the song champion text. How did you get the search dialog to pop up with the song champion text in it? I search for WHOLE LOTTA ROSIE and click 'Next' and it just takes me to several entries in the list, none of which is WHOLE LOTTA ROSIE CHAMPION. I am looking at ACDC165LE.

#630 10 years ago

I am unable to find the song champion text.

You need version pinball Browser 2.0.
You need to select messages then at the bottom select Search Firmware that is where the Champion text is.

TextChange.JPGTextChange.JPG

#631 10 years ago
Quoted from gabegabegabe:

This is all very confusing. I found Battery at 340, but there are also identical length entries for Battery at 362 & 363. And I found Creeping Death at 426, along with identical length entries at 459 & 460. It seems like every song has multiple entries.

I am using METLE 1.16

Like Luvthatapex2 stated, the songs numbers that I listed are the ones that you need to change.
They are the control songs that all the other call outs come from.
It took me some time to figure out Metallica as it is a bit more complicated than AC/DC.
But I did a new Bin file for someone and replaced Unforgiven with Ride the Lightning.
It worked perfectly.

#632 10 years ago

Thanks Guys for helping me, I am just getting started with the great program.

For Metallica, I didn't expect song fragments to be the same size as the control song.

For ACDC, PinballLooking, sorry I didn't see the Search Firmware button. I must have been too tired last night. Got it now.

Thanks again everyone!

#633 10 years ago

For Metallica, I didn't expect song fragments to be the same size as the control song.

?What? What is the same size about them? The fragments are just snippets of the full length song and not as long (time wise).

Most songs on Metallica have 2 locations that have full length versions of the song.

Ex: Sad But True has 2 full length locations (0x22D and 0x23B). The 0x22D location has 1 sound request pointing to it (Request 839) and the 0x23B location has 3 requests pointing to it (95, 853 and 854).

I think I understand how the sound locations work with sound requests. I also understand that replacing a full length song that has many fragments is used to make up the smaller sound fragments. What I don't understand is why there are 2 or 3 full length versions of the same song in the software...when replacing 1 seems to take the place of all of the full length locations as well as the smaller sound "fragments" that are in the software.

It seems that this is using up a lot of room that it doesn't need to.....unless these repeat full length song locations are just placeholders......maybe for live versions to be added later?

Another guess would be that the 2 complete, full length song locations may be "fragmented" differently. Meaning that even though they are both showing as having 12 fragments....maybe their fragment breaks are in different locations on each of the full length songs.

#634 10 years ago

My understanding is the 2 full length songs are for:
(1) for game play snippets
(1) for the radio feature

Why they can't use 1 full length song for both, I don't know, but I am sure its necessary this way or they wouldn't use the space.

#635 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

?What? What is the same size about them?

Ok, let me make sure I get this straight, I found three locations for Battery that are the same length, 5:09. They are request #'s 340, 362 & 363. So, if i wanted to completely replace Battery, I would have to do so in all three locations.

I plan on playing with it over the next couple days. Can't wait to get rid of Unforgiven.

#636 10 years ago

v2.01 is online !

It can be used to associate a patch to any knocker.
[EDIT]A 'knocker' is a solenoid that will lock/eject the ball (this is the way Stern calls them).
Some solenoids are not knockers : left and right flippers, slingshots, ...

Here is an example with X-Men :
knocker.pngknocker.png

For a patch example, see the breakout game :
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-breakout-game#post-982139

#637 10 years ago

Ok, let me make sure I get this straight, I found three locations for Battery that are the same length, 5:09. They are request #'s 340, 362 & 363. So, if i wanted to completely replace Battery, I would have to do so in all three locations.
I plan on playing with it over the next couple days. Can't wait to get rid of Unforgiven.

You can just replace 340 and enjoy.
No need to do 362 and 363.
This had me confused for awhile as well and is why I posted the list for others to use.
It works.

#638 10 years ago

Here's an idea for a future version. How about a "bookmark" option. Something where you can label/group different sound offsets.

So for instance, you could take offset 340 in the Metallica LE rom and label it "Battery" and also have it listed in a separate list, that way we can easily navigate to the same offsets each time we replace songs. Make it so it's a separate file so others can share it.

#639 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Here's an idea for a future version. How about a "bookmark" option. Something where you can label/group different sound offsets.
So for instance, you could take offset 340 in the Metallica LE rom and label it "Battery" and also have it listed in a separate list, that way we can easily navigate to the same offsets each time we replace songs. Make it so it's a separate file so others can share it.

Are you talking about this : http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/10#post-951655 ?
It also works for images
Here is my ACD165LE.DAT file (rename .txt to .dat and save it in the same directory than you .bin file).
// Error: Image 115265 not found //

#640 10 years ago

Knocker? you mean solenoid?
So if I understand this, you can associate the breakout game to play when you hit a certain solenoid, like a VUK, scoop, trough, etc...

Quoted from oga83:

v2.01 is online !
It can be used to associate a patch to any knocker.Here is an example with X-Men :
For a patch example, see the breakout game :http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-breakout-game#post-982139

#641 10 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Are you talking about this : http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/10#post-951655 ?
It also works for images
Here is my ACD165LE.DAT file (rename .txt to .dat and save it in the same directory than you .bin file).

Haha very nice! I need to poke around with the software a bit more it looks like.

#642 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Knocker? you mean solenoid?
So if I understand this, you can associate the breakout game to play when you hit a certain solenoid, like a VUK, scoop, trough, etc...

That's correct (but not for all solenoids)
A 'knocker' is a solenoid that will lock/eject the ball (this is the way Stern calls them).

AC/DC : Jukebox, bell eject, cannon, trough
X-Men : Center lockup, left eject, left upper vuk, trough
MTLE : Snake eject, right eject, coffin lockup, trough

Some solenoids are not knockers : left and right flippers, slingshots, ...

#643 10 years ago

Has anyone done any good images or sounds to Tron? I know the game has a lot of unused sounds and just wondering if anyone has put any in the game.

#644 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Haha very nice! I need to poke around with the software a bit more it looks like.

I recently modified the original post to add some hints and explanations.
Any suggestions about it are welcome !

#645 10 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

That's correct (but not for all solenoids) A 'knocker' is a solenoid that will lock/eject the ball (this is the way Stern calls them).AC/DC : Jukebox, bell eject, cannon, troughX-Men : Center lockup, left eject, left upper vuk, troughMTLE : Snake eject, right eject, coffin lockup, troughSome solenoids are not knockers : left and right flippers, slingshots, ...

Ahh so you made it so its essentially like an easter egg now. You can trigger it with one of the knockers, very cool.

#646 10 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

It also works for images

Nice. I had no idea this could be done, and I'm pretty good with this program.
This will be much easier then my pieces of paper I have scattered everywhere. lol

#647 10 years ago

Does anyone have a solution for the older Whitestar games? Mainly looking to export and/or replace the audio.

#648 10 years ago

I believe...LOCATIONS and REQUESTS are 2 different things.

A LOCATION is listed as ex: 0x42 for Battery. Sound REQUEST 340 points to this location. LOCATION 0x58 is also a full length version of Battery. Sound REQUESTS 362 and 363 both point to that sound LOCATION.

So a full length Battery (5min09s956ms with 20 fragments) is ONLY found in 2 LOCATIONS. It has 3 separate REQUESTS pointing to these 2 LOCATIONS, but it is only in 2 locations.

That being said...the programming is somehow tied together so if you replace one of these full length locations...it will also change the other and also all associated sound fragments that come from that song. I'm just not sure why they would have included 2 locations of the same full length song and also linked them together so if one change, they all changed.

#649 10 years ago

pinball browser works on WPT! i replaced the main song with a song that i like and now the game is much more enjoyable!!

Got 2 of my highest scores ever on it on my first three games after switching it. It just feels better now.

Thank you so much!!! This is a great addition to pinball.

#650 10 years ago

Tired of searching for this thread. Bump.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
There are 5,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.