1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 112.
#5251 1 year ago

Getting random static on some samples in Stranger Things. Seem to be codec games with Stern again?

#5252 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Getting random static on some samples in Stranger Things. Seem to be codec games with Stern again?

Yup. Any sounds that are static cannot be replaced.

#5253 1 year ago

Anyone successful in opening Rush 1.02 Pro or LE (and tried LE 0.91 as well) in v8.25? All I get is Not Responding. Tried with .raw and "burning" to a usb .img file.
Went back and tried 8.13 as well.

#5254 1 year ago
Quoted from allknowing2012:

Anyone successful in opening Rush 1.02 Pro or LE (and tried LE 0.91 as well) in v8.25? All I get is Not Responding. Tried with .raw and "burning" to a usb .img file.
Went back and tried 8.13 as well.

How long do you wait? opening the files 1st time may take a long time, depends a little on your hardware.
opening may take from 2-15 minutes.

#5255 1 year ago

Thanks for the new browser updates

#5256 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:How long do you wait? opening the files 1st time may take a long time, depends a little on your hardware.
opening may take from 2-15 minutes.

Sometimes opening a file the first time can take hours for me. The subsequent openings are really quick.

#5257 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Sometimes opening a file the first time can take hours for me. The subsequent openings are really quick.

Really? I haven't had that happen ever.

#5258 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Really? I haven't had that happen ever.

Yes, the first analysis can take a long time

#5259 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

I'm also missing some sound files and am getting pops and clicks when uploading to the latest Star Wars Premium code

#5260 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I'm also missing some sound files and am getting pops and clicks when uploading to the latest Star Wars Premium code

Bond has that also, but luckily were all very short length clips. There was one brief clip I would've liked to change that was static (assuming it was since I couldn't find it and many of those short clips were static.)

1 week later
#5261 1 year ago
Quoted from Elephanthead:

Not working for me either. Must be location specific DNS error.

doesn't work in chrome for me but works fine in edge

#5262 1 year ago

I bought the program yesterday and found that the Williams WPC ROMs cannot be edited.
You should definitely have checked the FAQ before purchasing the program as it is specified.
But I also sent an email before buying it since I only wanted the program to edit the Johnny Mnemonic roms and convert it to The Matrix.
It didn't seem right to me to do the work and have to pay to do it and I thought that by contacting it I would be allowed to use it since it is for a Visual Pinball project.
When I did not receive a response, I decided to buy it and I see that it is not working for me, I have sent other emails that have not received a response either.
I'm trying to cancel the payment, I know I should have read the FAQ before buying, but they could also reply to emails.

#5263 1 year ago
Quoted from Victor74:

I bought the program yesterday and found that the Williams WPC ROMs cannot be edited.
You should definitely have checked the FAQ before purchasing the program as it is specified.
But I also sent an email before buying it since I only wanted the program to edit the Johnny Mnemonic roms and convert it to The Matrix.
It didn't seem right to me to do the work and have to pay to do it and I thought that by contacting it I would be allowed to use it since it is for a Visual Pinball project.
When I did not receive a response, I decided to buy it and I see that it is not working for me, I have sent other emails that have not received a response either.
I'm trying to cancel the payment, I know I should have read the FAQ before buying, but they could also reply to emails.

I've never received any email from you, even in the spam folder. I usually answer to emails within 1 day (because of the time difference).
I'll issue a refund for you.

#5264 1 year ago
Quoted from Mutt:

doesn't work in chrome for me but works fine in edge

In some places Chrome doesn't work with PB's download url (it complains about too many redirections)
This is a little weird as I would expect Chrome to be the last to have an issue with a file hosted on Google Drive !

#5265 1 year ago
Quoted from Victor74:

First post in this thread, third sentence:

"It can also open WPC games (it can only display DMD frames - no modifications)"

#5266 1 year ago
Quoted from Victor74:

Think Pinsound is your friend.

#5267 1 year ago

I'm attempting to change some songs in The Beatles but i'm a little lost. I've found the sound file and i have some songs in my apple music library that I've converted to a WAV file. Should it be as simple as selecting the song I want to replace, hitting import, and then once the editor opens and I'm happy with the length and volume, hit import edited sound? if i press the magnifying glass i get a cannot convert file message. Any help would be appreciated.

#5268 1 year ago
Quoted from Speck:

I'm attempting to change some songs in The Beatles but i'm a little lost. I've found the sound file and i have some songs in my apple music library that I've converted to a WAV file. Should it be as simple as selecting the song I want to replace, hitting import, and then once the editor opens and I'm happy with the length and volume, hit import edited sound? if i press the magnifying glass i get a cannot convert file message. Any help would be appreciated.

You should make the new song the same length as the original and fade it out at the end. Also you have to use a special program to create the new SD card, you can't just copy over the file to the sd card. Also, you likely need to adjust the volumes for the new song.

#5269 1 year ago

I'm trying to swap sound files in Pinball Browser using boot camp on an intel Mac. Has anyone had any luck? I'm able to open the program and load the game files (Beatles). When I try and import sound I get an error message that says "unhandled exception has occurred in your application". I've tried changing the sound engine in the config menu but no luck. to isolate the issue, I've exported sounds that were already in the game and tried to reimport in another spot, assuming those sounds are formatted correctly. Again no luck. I'm starting to think this is a Mac issue, even though I'm running windows 10 and it's an intel based Mac. is it possibly because the version of windows is 64 bit? Any work arounds?

#5270 1 year ago

Does this pinball browser work on spooky and or jjp games too?? Or just stern

#5271 1 year ago

Has anyone managed to swap sounds for the Jurassic Park Home Pin using Pinball Browser? I can get the RAW file loaded up and find the sounds I want to replace, but get errors when I try to swap in .wav files or .mp3 files.

#5272 1 year ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Don’t think so, only Stern. Could be wrong.

#5273 1 year ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Spooky games, no.

#5275 1 year ago

Does anyone have a copy of Pinball Browser 8.10 they can share? 8.2 only works with the latest Beatles code, but word on the street is that software isn't backwards compatible, so all previous re-themes may not work. If someone could post a file or message me I would really appreciate it.

#5276 1 year ago

Just checking again to see if anyone can post a copy of Pinball browser 8.10 so I can get working on this this weekend. Thanks!

#5277 1 year ago

I was wondering if there is a rule of thumb on setting the volume within PB. I saw a post suggesting sound files at 300% volume, any thoughts tips or tricks?

#5278 1 year ago

Would love to try this out but keep getting “unhandled exception” error. “Not enough disk space” error. Have tried 2 computers, same thing. This stuff seems very buggy. Don’t want to get a license if it’s going to keep giving error messages. Any ideas? This is v. 8.25 for AIQ

#5279 1 year ago
Quoted from Speck:

Does anyone have a copy of Pinball Browser 8.10 they can share? 8.2 only works with the latest Beatles code, but word on the street is that software isn't backwards compatible, so all previous re-themes may not work. If someone could post a file or message me I would really appreciate it.

I am using PB 8.25 and can open Beatles 1.20 with no issues.

#5280 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I am using PB 8.25 and can open Beatles 1.20 with no issues.

Hmmm. interesting. I could open it but couldn't replace songs with that verson. I get an error message. OGA83 tested it on his system and found the same thing. I have 8.12 now it works like a charm. Any chance you have a copy of Beatles 1.20 lying around?

#5281 1 year ago
Quoted from Speck:

Hmmm. interesting. I could open it but couldn't replace songs with that verson. I get an error message. OGA83 tested it on his system and found the same thing. I have 8.12 now it works like a charm. Any chance you have a copy of Beatles 1.20 lying around?

Yes, PM me tomorrow and I will send you a link. Thanks. Jim

#5282 1 year ago

Trying to change the color of my Batman Dark Knight DMD to blue on my machine. I saved the rom in blue within the Pinball Browser application but loads as up red when I turn update the game code, any advice would be appreciated.

#5283 1 year ago
Quoted from Banksy:

Trying to change the color of my Batman Dark Knight DMD to blue on my machine. I saved the rom in blue within the Pinball Browser application but loads as up red when I turn update the game code, any advice would be appreciated.

Did you replace your DMD with some sort of ColorDMD? Stock DMDs are monochrome. If you replaced it, which one did you replace it with?

#5284 1 year ago

Thanks for your reply.

I have not but I have seen other examples in the real world of a Batman with white dmd and then another with an orange dmd and thought it might be a software setting where I could cycle through certain colours such as white, orange, red and forgo spending the amount on a colordmd when I would be happy with everything just being blue on the screen as opposed to red.

#5285 1 year ago
Quoted from Banksy:

Thanks for your reply.
I have not but I have seen other examples in the real world of a Batman with white dmd and then another with an orange dmd and thought it might be a software setting where I could cycle through certain colours such as white, orange, red and forgo spending the amount on a colordmd when I would be happy with everything just being blue on the screen as opposed to red.

Ya one color for most every DMD you will find out there. Some cases had a colored film or ink applied to the acrylic in front of the DMD to change the color.

#5286 1 year ago

Well that solves that

Thanks for replying to my post.

#5287 1 year ago
Quoted from huwman:

Has anyone managed to swap sounds for the Jurassic Park Home Pin using Pinball Browser? I can get the RAW file loaded up and find the sounds I want to replace, but get errors when I try to swap in .wav files or .mp3 files.

I've just noticed that JP Home pin was added in version 8.10 - Can I download that version anywhere, as I keep getting errors and crashes when I try to edit it using 8.25. Thanks.

#5288 1 year ago

Trying to open bond 60th code. Says unknown firmware. Assuming this code can’t be open by PB yet? On latest version, just donated again. Thanks!

1 week later
#5289 1 year ago

Pinball Browser v8.26 is available !
It is compatible with most latest firmwares

Aerosmith 1.12
Avengers 1.06
Batman 1.08
Beatles 1.24
Black Knight SOR 1.14
Can Crusher 1.01
Deadpool 1.08
Elvira 1.05
Foo Fighters 0.91
Ghostbusters 1.17
Godzilla 1.04
GOT 1.37
Guardians of the Galaxy 1.11
Iron Maiden 1.12
James Bond 0.88
James Bond 60th 1.04
Jurassic Park 1.07
Jurassic Park - The Pin 1.03
Kiss 1.41
Led Zeppelin 1.17
Mando 1.41
Munsters 1.23
Primus 1.03
Rush 1.10
Star Wars 1.23
Star Wars Elg 1.04
Stranger Things 1.07
Turtles 1.54
Whoa Nelly 1.55
WWE 1.35

However, it seems that someone paid attentions to the posts about codecs and static sounds :
The most recent firmwares seem to have new codecs which cause a lot of static sounds in PB

#5290 1 year ago

Hey All, I've been trying to explore editing Star Trek 1.62. Problem is that when I go to edit the image, I see the palette colors in the editor along with any other palette, but when I select a color to edit with it doesn't color correctly. When I select a color from the palette, the wrong color goes into the edit regardless of what color I actually click...doesn't seem to matter on which version of the editor I'm using, they both do it... 825 and 826. Any ideas?

#5291 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

Pinball Browser v8.26 is available !
It is compatible with most latest firmwares

Aerosmith 1.12
Avengers 1.06
Batman 1.08
Beatles 1.24
Black Knight SOR 1.14
Can Crusher 1.01
Deadpool 1.08
Elvira 1.05
Foo Fighters 0.91
Ghostbusters 1.17
Godzilla 1.04
GOT 1.37
Guardians of the Galaxy 1.11
Iron Maiden 1.12
James Bond 0.88
James Bond 60th 1.04
Jurassic Park 1.07
Jurassic Park - The Pin 1.03
Kiss 1.41
Led Zeppelin 1.17
Mando 1.41
Munsters 1.23
Primus 1.03
Rush 1.10
Star Wars 1.23
Star Wars Elg 1.04
Stranger Things 1.07
Turtles 1.54
Whoa Nelly 1.55
WWE 1.35

However, it seems that someone paid attentions to the posts about codecs and static sounds :
The most recent firmwares seem to have new codecs which cause a lot of static sounds in PB

This is awesome. I’m going to try and inject some video clips in bond 60th, like I did when creating the movie code for JP2.

Foo Fighters - going to inject some of the classics that are missing. You’re awesome for continuing to update this. Big thank you!

#5292 1 year ago
Quoted from Cadrion:

Hey All, I've been trying to explore editing Star Trek 1.62. Problem is that when I go to edit the image, I see the palette colors in the editor along with any other palette, but when I select a color to edit with it doesn't color correctly. When I select a color from the palette, the wrong color goes into the edit regardless of what color I actually click...doesn't seem to matter on which version of the editor I'm using, they both do it... 825 and 826. Any ideas?

1- You have to configure the SmartDmd device and the palette mode in the SmartDmd tab
SmartDmd (resized).pngSmartDmd (resized).png
2- You have to select the SmarDmd palette in the Display tab
Display (resized).pngDisplay (resized).png

#5293 1 year ago

Duplicate

#5294 1 year ago

Oga83, I did follow those steps. The issue comes in when I open and attempt to edit a frame. I see the smart dmd palettes and can select them. I see the colors to choose from that were assigned in the palette but when I select a color and edit the frame in pinball browser, the color that is drawn isn't the color I selected.. all within PB, not in the real pin yet. Is there much in the way of external software requirements? If the problem was universal I'd think you could simply open a firmware, setup smartdmd, then try and edit a frame and it would be apparent right away.. thanks for the help

Edit: I tried installing PB on my wife's PC to see if it's something with my PC and I found the same behavior. What I am doing: open PB, configure smartdmd.txt with palettes, configure side channel serial, load firmware, try to color a frame. In edit, the palette colors are correct but when I draw with any of them like pencil or flood, the color edit doesn't reflect the color selected. One thing I noticed was if I draw a line, while it's stretched and mouse button hasn't been released it's the correct color but when the button is released to set the color, it will not be correct. Hope that helps..

#5295 1 year ago

So I was able to open FF fw but to your earlier point, static sounds play. What is the workaround or can I still just replace with music and it will sound OK?

#5296 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

So I was able to open FF fw but to your earlier point, static sounds play. What is the workaround or can I still just replace with music and it will sound OK?

Think it is a roadblock still to be resolved.

#5297 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I might prefer static than some Foo Fighters songs.

#5298 1 year ago
Quoted from Cadrion:

Oga83, I did follow those steps. The issue comes in when I open and attempt to edit a frame. I see the smart dmd palettes and can select them. I see the colors to choose from that were assigned in the palette but when I select a color and edit the frame in pinball browser, the color that is drawn isn't the color I selected.. all within PB, not in the real pin yet. Is there much in the way of external software requirements? If the problem was universal I'd think you could simply open a firmware, setup smartdmd, then try and edit a frame and it would be apparent right away.. thanks for the help
Edit: I tried installing PB on my wife's PC to see if it's something with my PC and I found the same behavior. What I am doing: open PB, configure smartdmd.txt with palettes, configure side channel serial, load firmware, try to color a frame. In edit, the palette colors are correct but when I draw with any of them like pencil or flood, the color edit doesn't reflect the color selected. One thing I noticed was if I draw a line, while it's stretched and mouse button hasn't been released it's the correct color but when the button is released to set the color, it will not be correct. Hope that helps..

I'm not sure why this is happening
The SmarDmd project is no longer active and this issue might have been here for a very long time

#5299 1 year ago

Bummer, didnt realize that and just registered. It seems it worked at some point .. does a current key work with older versions and are they available somewhere?

#5300 1 year ago
Quoted from Cadrion:

Bummer, didnt realize that and just registered. It seems it worked at some point .. does a current key work with older versions and are they available somewhere?

I keep all my old versions so I can continue to make changes to Kiss, Rolling Stones, LZ, AC/DC, MET, Aerosmith, etc. and not have to worry about Stern playing with the code. I am fine with the current versions and any future code changes won't be worth updating if I lose my ability to control the songs that play on my game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morristown, NJ
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/106 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.