5 (resized).png
4 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 112.
#5151 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

If it were my game I'd want clarification from Stern rather than an assumption from a helpful Pinsider with no skin in the game.
If he did brick a node board or three would you be willing to pay for new ones and get them to him?

The guy is asking if he can run a newer version of software (1.08), then go back to the version he is running now (1.05). The answer is yes. People do it all the time. It really doesn't matter what node boards he has. He knows 1.05 is compatible with his hardware. Now, if he was asking if he could run something older, say version 1.03, that is a completely different question. Then he would have to worry about incompatible node board firmware bricking new boards.
But yeah, I'm just sharing some logic and my experience. No warranty implied.

#5152 1 year ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

The guy is asking if he can run a newer version of software (1.08), then go back to the version he is running now (1.05). The answer is yes. People do it all the time. It really doesn't matter what node boards he has.

I think your assumption that it will work is unwarranted and here is why. You don't know what changes the microcode makes to the problematic components. "The guy" has boards that are currently running node board firmware v0.65.0 and he wants to know if he can upgrade to node board firmware v1.00.0 and then go back to node board firmware v0.65.0. Based on what Stern told Markharris2000 in the post below we simply don't know. Stern didn't give enough detail. I do agree with you that it will PROBABLY work but I also think that "the guy" should balance the potential cost of new node boards and the hassle of getting them into his game when evaluating the risk.

And thank you for the discussion.

Quoted from Markharris2000:

The issue as explained to me by Stern is trying to use OLD CODE on NEW BOARDS, not the other way around. (New code on old boards works fine). The issue is the new component Stern is using on new node boards. It must be initialized and needs a newer version of microcode which is embedded in the gamecode image. (Yes, the GAMECODE image actually has a version of microcode inside of it). GOTG V1.08 game code includes the newer version of the microcode which will successfully initialize the older *AND* newer node boards. However, if you try to load V1.07 or earlier GAMECODE on a machine with the new node boards, the older microcode will be used to initialize those boards, and once initalized will no longer be able to communicate to the outside world, and hence won't even be able to be fixed by trying to load new software. The communication path is no longer working in this 'bricked' condition with the new chips initialized incorrectly.

#5153 1 year ago

I really do appreciate everybody jumping in with their thoughts. That the great strength of this community.

After reading thru all of this and weighing out the Risks Vs the Rewards... I think I'm just going to leave well enough alone.

The ability to rack up achievements at home simply doesn't compare to losing out on that sound package, much less the risk of bricking a node board or two. That being said, if some brave soul actually tests this theory, please share the outcome.

#5154 1 year ago

Can someone explain what this file type is used for? PSW.img? It seems to open with PB and has all the videos and sound files so it seems to be similar to the SD card file type (.raw). Can I burn this PSW.img file to an SD card? This is for the Beatles Gold. Thanks for your assistance.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5155 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Can someone explain what this file type is used for? PSW.img? It seems to open with PB and has all the videos and sound files so it seems to be similar to the SD card file type (.raw). Can I burn this PSW.img file to an SD card? This is for the Beatles Gold. Thanks for your assistance.
[quoted image][quoted image]

from where did you get this file? stern does normaly call their files .raw but other software when you clone an sd-card may give them extension like .img
If it does open in Pinball browser it looks like it is a valid file.
in Pinball Browser there is the explorer, you may want to compare this with another raw file if all the partions are set up and look the same.

#5156 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

from where did you get this file? stern does normaly call their files .raw but other software when you clone an sd-card may give them extension like .img
If it does open in Pinball browser it looks like it is a valid file.
in Pinball Browser there is the explorer, you may want to compare this with another raw file if all the partions are set up and look the same.

Morning, I got the file from another Pinsider. It does seem to load in PB and I can see all the video footage and sound files. So it seems to be complete. These are the comparisons in Explorer. The .raw file seems to have one extra document/folder under [ext 4]. It is named "conagent- beatles/conagent. Otherwise it looks to have the same file structure. Thanks for the assistance.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5157 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Morning, I got the file from another Pinsider. It does seem to load in PB and I can see all the video footage and sound files. So it seems to be complete. These are the comparisons in Explorer. The .raw file seems to have one extra document/folder under [ext 4]. It is named "conagent- beatles/conagent. Otherwise it looks to have the same file structure. Thanks for the assistance. [quoted image][quoted image]

if you trust the insider it should be ok. Mabe it's an copy of his game or renamed it while working with the image. conagent i would guess is connection agent and has to do with insider connected. if it is copy from a sdcard it may be bigger than the original 8gb you have to look for that.

speaking to all:
i think it is good procedure to download and save sd-card images from stern for all your games or even the games you want to modify in the future. So maybe you are thinking Godzilla is good, but i want still to wait before i buy it? Then start saving images now and keep all versions. Pinball Browser is allways some versions back. Images from other people you never know what was implemented or changed.

#5158 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

if you trust the insider it should be ok. Mabe it's an copy of his game or renamed it while working with the image. conagent i would guess is connection agent and has to do with insider connected. if it is copy from a sdcard it may be bigger than the original 8gb you have to look for that.
speaking to all:
i think it is good procedure to download and save sd-card images from stern for all your games or even the games you want to modify in the future. So maybe you are thinking Godzilla is good, but i want still to wait before i buy it? Then start saving images now and keep all versions. Pinball Browser is allways some versions back. Images from other people you never know what was implemented or changed.

Thanks for the help! I have started to save SD card image files for all games that I have and plan to buy in the future. I can make them available if anyone is looking for a specific file.

One other simple question, I hope. If a person only wants to change the music on their game, can they use the USB file from the Stern site? Is the only benefit of using the SD card image file if you want to change more than music, say videos, images, text, etc? SD card image files are more convenient for sure, as you can easily swap them out and they load right away in the game. No wait time to change between USB versions. Thanks again.

#5159 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks for the help! I have started to save SD card image files for all games that I have and plan to buy in the future. I can make them available if anyone is looking for a specific file.
One other simple question, I hope. If a person only wants to change the music on their game, can they use the USB file from the Stern site? Is the only benefit of using the SD card image file if you want to change more than music, say videos, images, text, etc? SD card image files are more convenient for sure, as you can easily swap them out and they load right away in the game. No wait time to change between USB versions. Thanks again.

haven't tested, but i think the usb (spk) versions are not supported any more. The best way is to go by SD-Card image. Both files have about the same file size (packed) and they seem to have allmost the same files.

#5160 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Can someone explain what this file type is used for? PSW.img?

.img is an image file, a copy of a game’s SD card most likely.

#5161 1 year ago

Has anyone been successful at changing the on screen song names for the Beatles? Thanks.

#5162 1 year ago

when will this be updated for newer firmwares elvira hoh is on V1.05.0 now.

#5163 1 year ago

Does anyone have an SD card file for an Iron Maiden Premium that will work with PB they be willing to share?

Interesting observation, when I owned an IM Pro about a year ago, I swapped out some songs on version 1.08 of the Stern SD Card file. It was done with PB. Now when I open the file with PB v 8.13, it doesn't seem to show the Sound tab anymore which seems strange as it was showing in a prior version of PB. Does that make sense? I thought Stern had somehow prevented the code files from showing the Sound tab in PB but this is an old code file that was working previously in PB.

Update - when I open the 1.08 file with version 7.81 of PB it shows the sound tab. When I open the same file with PB 8.13, there is no sound tab.

#5164 1 year ago
Quoted from EightBitLife:

when will this be updated for newer firmwares elvira hoh is on V1.05.0 now.

IIRC the issue was that Stern introduced encryption into the most recent firmwares that basically eludes PB. unless a way was to be found around that, I think the common conclusion was that this would pretty much be it(?)

#5165 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Interesting observation, when I owned an IM Pro about a year ago, I swapped out some songs on version 1.08 of the Stern SD Card file. It was done with PB. Now when I open the file with PB v 8.13, it doesn't seem to show the Sound tab anymore which seems strange as it was showing in a prior version of PB. Does that make sense? I thought Stern had somehow prevented the code files from showing the Sound tab in PB but this is an old code file that was working previously in PB.
Update - when I open the 1.08 file with version 7.81 of PB it shows the sound tab. When I open the same file with PB 8.13, there is no sound tab.

This is normal.
While I do my best to keep backward compatibility with old firmwares, this is not always possible.
What I mean is that each time a new Pinball Browser version is released, it can open the latest firmwares.
But it is possible that it cannot open some older ones.

In your case, PB v8.13 is able to open IM 1.10. But, as you noticed, it cannot open the older 1.08.

#5166 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

This is normal.
While I do my best to keep backward compatibility with old firmwares, this is not always possible.
What I mean is that each time a new Pinball Browser version is released, it can open the latest firmwares.
But it is possible that it cannot open some older ones.
In your case, PB v8.13 is able to open IM 1.10. But, as you noticed, it cannot open the older 1.08.

Thanks for clarifying. If we have the old versions of PB, will they continue to work if we have our license current?

#5167 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks for clarifying. If we have the old versions of PB, will they continue to work if we have our license current?

I think so but I can't guarantee backward compatibility

#5168 1 year ago

Request Number for Certain Sounds in JP2 Sought:

Hi.

I can't find the sound for the Super Spinner in JP2. I can't find the sound for the regular spinner, either.
Super Spinner *may* be a repurposed drum beat that is used for the bonus tally when players reach the Visitors' Center. The regular spinner uses a high-pitched/brief bird call.

I am happy to share my growing catalog of sounds in exchange if you are interested. I s'pose I have forty or so important sounds or series of sounds cataloged.

Thanks for reading my post.

#5169 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Request Number for Certain Sounds in JP2 Sought:
Hi.
I can't find the sound for the Super Spinner in JP2. I can't find the sound for the regular spinner, either.
Super Spinner *may* be a repurposed drum beat that is used for the bonus tally when players reach the Visitors' Center. The regular spinner uses a high-pitched/brief bird call.
I am happy to share my growing catalog of sounds in exchange if you are interested. I s'pose I have forty or so important sounds or series of sounds cataloged.
Thanks for reading my post.

sorry can not help you on your request. don't know if you already did, but you can sort the sound files by length, then you will see all files not only the requests, but this can help on short or very long file when you do know approx. how long they are.

#5170 1 year ago

Danke, Cabal.
Das ist mir bewusst, ja.
Ich kann es immer noch nicht finden.

1 week later
#5171 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Tried this made no difference. If I view images and hit play that function works and runs through all the animations. So really a sound only issue.
Anyone else have suggestions?

any updates on this? I am having the same issues, No Sound. also I am trying to register it, I paid the $20 but can't get it registered

1 week later
#5172 1 year ago

Hey everyone, new user here. I'm trying to replace the songs on Rush but I'm unclear as to how to accomplish that. I've read this forum, however it doesn't quite explain the process of locating and modifying items in the image. Furthermore, when I load the Rush image I don't actually get a sounds tab, nor do I see any sounds imported (see it says 0). Could someone point me in a direction which might help me?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5173 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Hey everyone, new user here. I'm trying to replace the songs on Rush but I'm unclear as to how to accomplish that. I've read this forum, however it doesn't quite explain the process of locating and modifying items in the image. Furthermore, when I load the Rush image I don't actually get a sounds tab, nor do I see any sounds imported (see it says 0). Could someone point me in a direction which might help me?
[quoted image]

if the sound tab is not showing up, this indicates that the image is not fully supported. Locating items is manual work. You have to go through the items.
There is no (easy) direct connection between videos, sounds and scenes in pinball browser. It just enumerates all available items and you have to find the correct asset, either by going through the the videos on Sounds if they work sometimes the sorting with length helps, on scenes you need render the them or go into them to see what is happening there. If you are lucky somebody did upload bookmarks that you can sync and that may help.
Good Bookmarking helps you and others.

#5174 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

when I load the Rush image I don't actually get a sounds tab, nor do I see any sounds imported (see it says 0).

A firmware released after Pinball Browser is generally not supported
The supported firmwares are listed in the changelog, at the end of the OP

#5175 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

[quoted image]

I can send you an old LE code that you can change the music, but you will lose some of the game function incorporated in later code. PM if you want the code still. Thanks.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#5176 1 year ago

Has PB been updated yet to be able to mod the music/videos for the newest code of TMNT?

#5177 1 year ago

Pinball Browser 8.20 is ready !
It can be downloaded here : http://download.pinballbrowser.com

It is compatible with the latest Spike firmwares :

Aerosmith 1.12
Avengers 1.06
Batman 1.08
Beatles 1.24
Black Knight SOR 1.14
Can Crusher 1.01
Deadpool 1.08
Elvira 1.05
Ghostbusters 1.17
Godzilla 1.03
GOT 1.37
Guardians of the Galaxy 1.11
Iron Maiden 1.12
James Bond 0.80
Jurassic Park 1.07
Jurassic Park - The Pin 1.03
Kiss 1.41
Led Zeppelin 1.17
Mando 1.41
Munsters 1.23
Primus 1.03
Rush 1.02
Star Wars 1.22
Star Wars Elg 1.04
Stranger Things 1.07
Turtles 1.54
Whoa Nelly 1.55
WWE 1.35

Thank you to all the Pinsiders who have tested it !

#5178 1 year ago

just renewed licence. All looks good.
TMNT 1.54 is loading fine.

oga83 thank you so much for this miracle.

#5179 1 year ago

oga83 you are the best! Time to update GOTG and Stranger Things. Paging applejuice need your help with GOTG

#5180 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

Aerosmith 1.12
Avengers 1.06
Batman 1.08
Beatles 1.24
Black Knight SOR 1.14
Can Crusher 1.01
Deadpool 1.08
Elvira 1.05
Ghostbusters 1.17
Godzilla 1.03
GOT 1.37
Iron Maiden 1.12
James Bond 0.80
Jurassic Park 1.07
Kiss 1.41
Led Zeppelin 1.17
Mando 1.41
Munsters 1.23
Primus 1.03
Rush 1.02
Star Wars 1.22
Star Wars Elg 1.04
Stranger Things 1.07
Turtles 1.54
Whoa Nelly 1.55
WWE 1.35

WOW! this is epic amazing news!

#5181 1 year ago

Thanks so much @oga83, merci beaucoup!!

#5182 1 year ago

Sweet!

#5183 1 year ago

Thanks!

#5185 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

Aerosmith 1.12
Avengers 1.06
Batman 1.08
Beatles 1.24
Black Knight SOR 1.14
Can Crusher 1.01
Deadpool 1.08
Elvira 1.05
Ghostbusters 1.17
Godzilla 1.03
GOT 1.37
Iron Maiden 1.12
James Bond 0.80
Jurassic Park 1.07
Kiss 1.41
Led Zeppelin 1.17
Mando 1.41
Munsters 1.23
Primus 1.03
Rush 1.02
Star Wars 1.22
Star Wars Elg 1.04
Stranger Things 1.07
Turtles 1.54
Whoa Nelly 1.55
WWE 1.35

So we can change the songs in the above titles and still use insider connected?

#5186 1 year ago

Thank you PB Man.

#5187 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I always be worried to use IC on a code that has been altered by PB. In case big brother is watching you and can somehow cause issues with the game.

#5188 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I always be worried to use IC on a code that has been altered by PB. In case big brother is watching you and can somehow cause issues with the game.

Not how the system works and don’t think they can see what song is being played.

There always is the option to turn of IC or just unplug it.

I’d rather have the music I want than all the achievement bs.

#5189 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Yes, why do you think it could be otherwise ?

And you can even use Scorbit . See here

Quoted from pinballjah:

In case big brother is watching you and can somehow cause issues with the game.

Not sure if this is allowed in the US but, in the EU, it would be a violation of GDPR; And it's certainly not worth taking the risk

#5190 1 year ago

Achievements are neat the first two weeks you have the game in your house. After that, big fucking whoop.

Would be cool if there was an app to easily review all the possible achievements. I'd kinda like to have something to shoot for and reach. But right now it's just playing the game and then achievements pop up when you do shit. It's like, ok, I did that without realizing I was doing something worth an achievement.

#5191 1 year ago

Would be nice to be able to reset your achievements for a game so you can go through getting them again.

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread - thought this went in the Insider Connected thread. No idea how it ended up here.

#5192 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Achievements are neat the first two weeks you have the game in your house. After that, big fucking whoop.
Would be cool if there was an app to easily review all the possible achievements. I'd kinda like to have something to shoot for and reach. But right now it's just playing the game and then achievements pop up when you do shit. It's like, ok, I did that without realizing I was doing something worth an achievement.

Putting pinball online is completely pointless. Its really about tracking and auditing for Stern. "Achievements". Pointless. You get multiball, you get a jackpot. Pinball is fun. Its not a PS5 you are playing a simple game that hasnt changed in 50 years. I will never connect my machines to the internet.

#5193 1 year ago
Quoted from bart0404:

Putting pinball online is completely pointless. Its really about tracking and auditing for Stern. "Achievements". Pointless. You get multiball, you get a jackpot. Pinball is fun. Its not a PS5 you are playing a simple game that hasnt changed in 50 years. I will never connect my machines to the internet.

Novelty quickly wore off for me. A friend gave me an insider connected kit for free. So I'd swap it between my games and that didn't last long. Even on my games with it built-in, I rarely remember to sign in before starting a game.

#5194 1 year ago

Sorry, wrong thread.

#5195 1 year ago

Merci Olivier

#5196 1 year ago

Was able to successfully update some of the songs on LZ 1.17. Thanks for the update Olivier. Great work!

#5197 1 year ago

Getting this error now when try to change a song in LZ 1.17 using PB 8.20. Started with the existing code and first song change. Tried two different songs and get error for each song change. Thanks.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5198 1 year ago

Not sure 8.20 is Not working with Batman 1.08.0, I keep getting unknown firmware

#5199 1 year ago

I opened up deadpool pro 1.08 but many of the sounds scripts are missing.

Sorting by Duration, desc
There is only one: 0x1B5 showing at 2mins 10s 192ms
then the next longest one is: 0x1F7 at 0min 28s 271ms

Nothing in between, which is where I would expect to see most of the music.

dp (resized).pngdp (resized).png
#5200 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Getting this error now when try to change a song in LZ 1.17 using PB 8.20. Started with the existing code and first song change. Tried two different songs and get error for each song change. Thanks.[quoted image]

I tried the code without changing the name of the original file and PB seemed to work ok. Not sure why changing the file name would matter? Maybe the original file was corrupt but it seems to be working again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warwick, RI
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 1,159.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/104?hl=cabal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.