1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 112.
#5001 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

2 codecs are impacted in this game.
The corresponding sound scripts are :
[quoted image]

Are you able to add those codecs like you did for Rush...or whatever other game recently had static tracks?

#5002 1 year ago

Anyone have the usable Godzilla Premium 0.94 SD card image file? Looking to change up some of the music. If you can share it on Google drive or know of a link on the Stern site. Thanks for sharing.

#5003 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Anyone have the usable Godzilla Premium 0.94 SD card image file? Looking to change up some of the music. If you can share it on Google drive or know of a link on the Stern site. Thanks for sharing.

have you tried modifing the link?
change the 0.96 to 0.94?

https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/godzilla_pro-0_94_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw.zip
https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/godzilla_le-0_94_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw.zip

#5004 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Are you able to add those codecs like you did for Rush...or whatever other game recently had static tracks?

Unfortunately, no.
More information here
These multiple codecs have been implemented exclusively to block Pinball Browser.
They have no other purpose.

#5005 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

Unfortunately, no.
More information here
These multiple codecs have been implemented exclusively to block Pinball Browser.
They have no other purpose.

Any possibility to be able to add codecs manually within PB? This could be community driven and not relied only on your shoulders?

#5006 1 year ago
Quoted from jurulz:

Any possibility to be able to add codecs manually within PB? This could be community driven and not relied only on your shoulders?

Pinball Browser generates the codecs automatically.
This can't be done by hand because there are thousands of them (explained here).
Also, Pinball Browser is firmware-agnostic, meaning that it has no reference at all to specific firmwares (something like : if "rush_le_v097" then do_something).
(BTW, this is the reason why, unless counter-measures are added to intentionally block it, Pinball Browser can open firmwares that are released after itself)
Because of this, even if a codec could be created manually, it would not be possible to add it to Pinball Browser

#5007 1 year ago

Hi! Am a bit new to this side of the forum. But i would like to say that i admire the work you are doing.
How hard it's to change the "blue oister cult" multiball song from godzilla?
I like that song, it's a bit repetitive for multiball song and i would love to add the Black Night swords of fury theme song, or something like that.

#5008 1 year ago

Does anyone know if there is an RS232 patch planned for the newer Spike 2 games such as Munsters? I would like to retrieve the scores from the game. I tried the debug console method but it only shows me startup messages and won't accept any commands: https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/spike-debug-console.49678/

#5009 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

Hi! Am a bit new to this side of the forum. But i would like to say that i admire the work you are doing.
How hard it's to change the "blue oister cult" multiball song from godzilla?
I like that song, it's a bit repetitive for multiball song and i would love to add the Black Night swords of fury theme song, or something like that.

It is not hard. I changed it to a Green Day song haha. Still trying to find something that fits better. Under the Sounds tab, go to request 107 and 110 and just upload the new song you want. Ideally it should be the same length so try to find a song that is longer and just edit it to fit. I think only up to code 0.94 will work on Godzilla so you won't be able to change the Sounds with the newer codes.

#5010 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballguy7:

Does anyone know if there is an RS232 patch planned for the newer Spike 2 games such as Munsters? I would like to retrieve the scores from the game. I tried the debug console method but it only shows me startup messages and won't accept any commands: https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/spike-debug-console.49678/

Stern is intentionally blocking serial comms to obfuscate Scorbit folks.

#5011 1 year ago

Looking for some advice here. I am trying to replace a video but every time the game tries to show it, the video dies and then a few seconds later the whole game shuts down. I have done this multiple times by replacing a single video only from the latest stock image.

I have done the following:
- importing with and without conversion
- I made sure the height/width matches the original (1360x768)
- Bit depth is identical (24)
- I compressed it so that the average bitrate is close which also gets the file sizes close(196mb vs 217mb)
- The time/duration is identical
- No audio is exported on the video
- FPS is identical (30)
- Video mime type is the same as the original (Quicktime)

The only thing different is the compressor ID (H.264 vs Lavc56.60.100 libx264). Not sure if that would be an issue.

One person mentioned that naming your new video file, identical to what the original one might be required.

Anyone else have any tips/advice/guidance on replacing video?

#5012 1 year ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

Looking for some advice here. I am trying to replace a video but every time the game tries to show it, the video dies and then a few seconds later the whole game shuts down. I have done this multiple times by replacing a single video only from the latest stock image.
- I compressed it so that the average bitrate is close which also gets the file sizes close(196mb vs 217mb)
- FPS is identical (30)
The only thing different is the compressor ID (H.264 vs Lavc56.60.100 libx264). Not sure if that would be an issue.
One person mentioned that naming your new video file, identical to what the original one might be required.

What game and code is doing that?

#5013 1 year ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

- FPS is identical (30)

What program are you using to burn the SD Card? Etcher won't work with video changes. I use WIN32 Diskimager, which will burn with the video changes.

#5014 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

What program are you using to burn the SD Card? Etcher won't work with video changes. I use WIN32 Diskimager, which will burn with the video changes.

I've made video changes to several games and have had no issues with etcher writing the images.

#5015 1 year ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

- FPS is identical (30)

h264 is a general purpose codec with many different subsetting (level, profile, yuv format). You probably need to match your encoder settings to use the exact same settings as the original file.

One way to identify the settings would be to use the Mediainfo application. It will report codec details, in particular Level and profile (usually in parenthesis, for example High@L4 which means High Profile Level 4.

#5016 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

What game and code is doing that?

LZ_LE 1.15, with PBrowser 8.13

Quoted from pinballjah:

Bingo! This worked for me. I was using Etcher.

Quoted from Ashram56:

h264 is a general purpose codec with many different subsetting (level, profile, yuv format). You probably need to match your encoder settings to use the exact same settings as the original file.
One way to identify the settings would be to use the Mediainfo application. It will report codec details, in particular Level and profile (usually in parenthesis, for example High@L4 which means High Profile Level 4.

Thanks, I will check that out. I was using some other tools to view the exif data.

#5017 1 year ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

LZ_LE 1.15, with PBrowser 8.13

Bingo! This worked for me. I was using Etcher.

Thanks, I will check that out. I was using some other tools to view the exif data.

I just use Pinball Browser to burn the images. I started telling anyone who downloads any of my code changes to use PB when writing the image.

#5018 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

It is not hard. I changed it to a Green Day song haha. Still trying to find something that fits better. Under the Sounds tab, go to request 107 and 110 and just upload the new song you want. Ideally it should be the same length so try to find a song that is longer and just edit it to fit. I think only up to code 0.94 will work on Godzilla so you won't be able to change the Sounds with the newer codes.

hooo didn't knew, but in future updates will be possible to change the music in newer codes, because i downloaded the 0.97 and is really awesome updated.
For the music, yes, i can cut it and make the same time as the actual one so it match

#5019 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I just use Pinball Browser to burn the images. I started telling anyone who downloads any of my code changes to use PB when writing the image.

Where is the option in Pinball Browser to write an image? Sounds like it would be the better option.

#5020 1 year ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

Where is the option in Pinball Browser to write an image? Sounds like it would be the better option.

Under 'Smart Dmd'.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5021 1 year ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

When you first open Pinball browser, click on the smart DMD tab. Then choose the firmware file you want to use and the destination drive your memory card is in.

#5022 1 year ago

I guess there is no way around using 'diskpart' when you want to reuse an SD card? Such a pain as it takes quite a bit of time to re-write the SD card.

What happens if say you update the game code to 0.97 with a USB but insert an SD card with game code 0.94 that you have modified with PB? Will it cause issues with the game? Assuming only 0.94+ will work with PB. Not sure if the higher game code can somehow tell the game code file on the SD card has been modified. Thanks.

#5023 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I guess there is no way around using 'diskpart' when you want to reuse an SD card? Such a pain as it takes quite a bit of time to re-write the SD card.
What happens if say you update the game code to 0.97 with a USB but insert an SD card with game code 0.94 that you have modified with PB? Will it cause issues with the game? Assuming only 0.94+ will work with PB. Not sure if the higher game code can somehow tell the game code file on the SD card has been modified. Thanks.

the sd-card image is the complete system. in general you can just overwrite the sd-card with a fresh image. No need to diskpart it. The software will tell you that writing the image will erase everything previos on the SD-Card. In seldom Cases some softwares are not able to overwrite the existing part and you need to earse it first.
with changing the sd-card you always use directly the image version you burned on the SD-Card.
when you update the system, or put a sd-card with newer code on in the system the node-boards get flashed. -> new code is written to them.

if then put back in an old code with a lower version number the nodeboards should get flashed back with old code again. I have heared only from one machine where it is not as easy, but i can not remember which one, was it guardian of the galaxy? they did change the node boards on newer games. If you put in older code it may brick the machine. Some people seem to go back and forth with old and new game versions, i have heared from others they have some problems.
I only back versioned a game 3 times.

When writing the images to a sd-card it is important they are closed. So if you are using etcher you should close pinball browser first.
If you burn them directly from Pinball Browser is would close the image first. -> folder icon -> Close image

i used etcher a lot and never had problems with it, but others had. You should use the software that works best with you.
Also sometimes changing of the Hardware may help. e.g. you use an internal SD-Card reader, maybe try a usb-SD-Card reader.

As i understand Pinball Browser will convert the Video to what is needed. only if you use the no conversion bit, the video should match as good as possible.

#5024 1 year ago

Right, I just overwrite my SD cards and do not prepare them in any way when writing the image.

#5025 1 year ago

Is it possible to modify the video sent to Stranger Things’ projector?

If so, is it still possible to connect to insider connected with these mods?

#5026 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Under 'Smart Dmd'.

Quoted from PoMC:

When you first open Pinball browser, click on the smart DMD tab. Then choose the firmware file you want to use and the destination drive your memory card is in.

Doh! Would you look at that? I always ignored that tab. Thanks.

#5027 1 year ago

That doesn't work. You get a 404 "File Not Found" error.

I'm looking for older code as well. 0.97 doesn't have any way to browse the audio, which is a shame.

#5028 1 year ago
Quoted from tabascoman77:

I'm looking for older code as well. 0.97 doesn't have any way to browse the audio, which is a shame.

that means that in all new codes it will be impossible to modify?! that's sad

#5029 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

that means that in all new codes it will be impossible to modify?! that's sad

I don't necessarily believe that to be true. I think it may be possible in future versions. But I'm not the person who programmed this, so I have zero idea.

#5030 1 year ago

sorry the time i posted it, it still worked. You can sometimes go back one or two version as the images are hidden still available.
before i posted the links i did test it. When did you try it after my post?
yes now the images are removed
i think with release 0.97 they did clean up

#5031 1 year ago

Which game? Thanks.

#5032 1 year ago

Having a sound crackling issue on my IMDN. Was running custom code on 1.08 with no issues. Updated to a newer 1.10 custom code and now during explosions and high pitched sounds the speakers sound distorted. I then downloaded a 1.10 SD image directly from Stern, but the crackling/distortion is still there. The music and audio sounds fine for the most part, it’s just the sounds effects are distorted. Thoughts on how to resolve this?

#5033 1 year ago

I assume when editing DMD frames it doesn't save it unless you have a licensed version?

#5034 1 year ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Having a sound crackling issue on my IMDN. Was running custom code on 1.08 with no issues. Updated to a newer 1.10 custom code and now during explosions and high pitched sounds the speakers sound distorted. I then downloaded a 1.10 SD image directly from Stern, but the crackling/distortion is still there. The music and audio sounds fine for the most part, it’s just the sounds effects are distorted. Thoughts on how to resolve this?

You can quickly check if your bottom cabinet speaker is "blown". Just had it happen last week on my Jurassic Park. Only some dialogue and some sounds, they would were really distorted. I thought it was an image issue too because I coincidentally just upgraded the software shortly prior.

Unplug the head speaker connection from the CPU board so that only the cabinet speaker plays. Still hear the sound? Then tap on the paper speaker cone and I bet it's not drum tight and is loose (which vibrates on certain frequencies or whatever and causes the distortion).

#5035 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

You can quickly check if your bottom cabinet speaker is "blown". Just had it happen last week on my Jurassic Park. Only some dialogue and some sounds, they would were really distorted. I thought it was an image issue too because I coincidentally just upgraded the software shortly prior.
Unplug the head speaker connection from the CPU board so that only the cabinet speaker plays. Still hear the sound? Then tap on the paper speaker cone and I bet it's not drum tight and is loose (which vibrates on certain frequencies or whatever and causes the distortion).

There is a fader in the audio controls you don't have to unplug anything to check this. cheers!

#5036 1 year ago

Does anyone have any tips on video performance? Any video I seem to import with the latest version stutters at the beginning and then sometimes eventually starts running at full speed. Audio is unaffected. Eventually though it will slow the system down again and the game will reset (watchdog?).

I am looking to see if anyone has any tips beyond what I am doing. All video clips are being processed through Handbrake at the moment and I have tried with and without conversion when importing into a fresh image. I have also used various class 10 cards that work fine with the stock version. Win32DiskImager and the built in image writer have been used.

This is what matches the original source:
* FPS
* Height
* Width
* Duration
* Format (AVC)
* Profile (Baseline@L3)
* various video format settings
* Video Codec (AVC1)
* Display Ratio
* Color
* Chroma
* Bit Depth
* Scan Type
* no audio within the file
* all video encoding settings

This is what is different:
* Format Profile (Quicktime vs BaseMedia v2)
* General Codec ID (QT vs MP42)
* Bit Rate (mine is lower)
* Bits/(Pixel*Frame) (mine is lower)
* File Size (mine is lower)
* Stream Size (mine is lower)
* Writing library is slightly different (both x264 core).

At this point I am getting stumped and looking for other options.

#5037 1 year ago
Quoted from djreddog:

djreddog any update?

#5038 1 year ago

Posted this in the MikeD thread as well…Better late than never…just found a Mike D ACDC mod. It’s amazing. It’s loaded and works. I wanted to upgrade my pin back to 1.7 code and followed the instructions with the latest version of pinball browser, but cannot seem to locate the comm140.hex file for the patch. Does this no longer exist? I’m sure user error on my end. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

#5039 1 year ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

Does anyone have any tips on video performance? Any video I seem to import with the latest version stutters at the beginning and then sometimes eventually starts running at full speed. Audio is unaffected. Eventually though it will slow the system down again and the game will reset (watchdog?).
I am looking to see if anyone has any tips beyond what I am doing. All video clips are being processed through Handbrake at the moment and I have tried with and without conversion when importing into a fresh image. I have also used various class 10 cards that work fine with the stock version. Win32DiskImager and the built in image writer have been used.
This is what matches the original source:
* FPS
* Height
* Width
* Duration
* Format (AVC)
* Profile (Baseline@L3)
* various video format settings
* Video Codec (AVC1)
* Display Ratio
* Color
* Chroma
* Bit Depth
* Scan Type
* no audio within the file
* all video encoding settings
This is what is different:
* Format Profile (Quicktime vs BaseMedia v2)
* General Codec ID (QT vs MP42)
* Bit Rate (mine is lower)
* Bits/(Pixel*Frame) (mine is lower)
* File Size (mine is lower)
* Stream Size (mine is lower)
* Writing library is slightly different (both x264 core).
At this point I am getting stumped and looking for other options.

what game are you working on? version number and if pro or LE/prem

#5040 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

what game are you working on? version number and if pro or LE/prem

LZ 1.15 Prem/LE

#5041 1 year ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

cannot seem to locate the comm140.hex file for the patch. Does this no longer exist?

The file is no longer needed.
Just install the communication patch with the "Sam" tab / "Comm Patch" button
or use the following macro : LoadHex,"pb:/Sam/comm.hex"

#5042 1 year ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

Posted this in the MikeD thread as well…Better late than never…just found a Mike D ACDC mod. It’s amazing. It’s loaded and works. I wanted to upgrade my pin back to 1.7 code and followed the instructions with the latest version of pinball browser, but cannot seem to locate the comm140.hex file for the patch. Does this no longer exist? I’m sure user error on my end. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Can you post a link to the thread? Thanks.

#5043 1 year ago

Here’s the forum. Confirming the above from oga83 works. Thank you!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmd-–-acdc-interactive-lcd-mod-coming-soon/page/15

#5044 1 year ago

Is it possible to swap out all the songs on Iron Madian? Like to Sabbath?

#5045 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

djreddog any update?

It’s not the speakers. However, when I changed the balance to the cabinet speaker the crackling went away. I put the old 1.08 custom code back in and it sounds perfectly fine.

#5046 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Is it possible to swap out all the songs on Iron Madian? Like to Sabbath?

Yes, I like the way you think

If you are a sabbath fan you may like what I did to my GnR, but using Pinsound.

#5047 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Yes, I like the way you think
If you are a sabbath fan you may like what I did to my GnR, but using Pinsound.

This is so awesome Your changes to my AC/DC makes me just keep playing songs and singing. Some times when I hit the jukebox I just keep the same song playing verses not advancing in the game.

I view you as one of the leading guys on these song swaps! Has anyone tried to swap out the Maiden songs for OZZY?

1 week later
#5048 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

This is so awesome Your changes to my AC/DC makes me just keep playing songs and singing. Some times when I hit the jukebox I just keep the same song playing verses not advancing in the game.
I view you as one of the leading guys on these song swaps! Has anyone tried to swap out the Maiden songs for OZZY?

Thanks for the kind words Only thing I did for IM was change a couple songs and icons.

1 week later
#5049 1 year ago

Before I try this....

Has anyone replaced a "crackling" audio file with something else and had it work? Or with the current codec issues, they can't be modified?

#5050 1 year ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

Before I try this....
Has anyone replaced a "crackling" audio file with something else and had it work? Or with the current codec issues, they can't be modified?

Unfortunately, they can't

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

6,495 (Firm)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 1,419.00
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 5,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/101?hl=cabal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.