1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 112.
#4951 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

As stated in the change log, this is normal (and depends on your pc performances) :
Note : Some firmwares take a long time to open the first time : be patient
But it will be much quicker the 2nd time you open it

This does not depend on the version. The 2nd time you open it is just faster.

Thank you for the clarification...sorry I haven't read the change log, but will from now on. Cheers

#4952 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I tried to "trick" 8.10 by setting the volume to zero on the static track. Didn't work.
I'll try with 8.12 since I have my project still open.

Correction, that did work enough for my needs. Was playing a few more games on the modified 1.09 code and reached the static track that I muted.

It played static and muffled audio for about 5 seconds and then went mute/silent with only the background scoring sounds audible. Totally fine in my scenario since that static-track is a random occurrence between modes and stops when you hit the scoop to start a new mode.

Oh shit, maybe I shouldn't have shared that?

#4953 1 year ago
Quoted from chaosmuffin:

On the RUSH firmware PB is showing two songs that are the same with a 2-3 sec difference. I want to change the song that you can select to play from the main menu. How do I know which one to change? Thanks.[quoted image]

Big money is a game mode and a selectable song. Use Request#60 for the song to select at the beginning

#4954 1 year ago

I have increased the sound analysis depth in PB v8.13
PB is now able to work with all the sounds in ST 1.05
I've not tested other firmwares but it's very likely to reduce the number of static sounds

#4955 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

I have increased the sound analysis depth in PB v8.13
PB is now able to work with all the sounds in ST 1.05
I've not tested other firmwares but it's very likely to reduce the number of static sounds

Cool! I'll report back on the known track in Guardians 1.09

#4956 1 year ago

Im having a problem with PB 8.10 and 8.12 (haven't tried previous ones for this). When I try to import a video it gives a very weird FFMPEG error screenshot attached. Basically looks like a path/permission problem but its breaking it. Any thoughts on the cause of this error? Thanks!

PB ERROR (resized).jpgPB ERROR (resized).jpg
#4957 1 year ago

Does anybody maybe finish a POTC-Stern sound update (with real music from movie)?

#4958 1 year ago
Quoted from JvdS:

Does anybody maybe finish a POTC-Stern sound update (with real music from movie)?

There is a fantastic update with sounds and songs from the Pirates ride at Disney.

#4959 1 year ago

Where can I find it?

Quoted from Stebel:

There is a fantastic update with sounds and songs from the Pirates ride at Disney.

#4960 1 year ago
Quoted from bart0404:

Im having a problem with PB 8.10 and 8.12 (haven't tried previous ones for this). When I try to import a video it gives a very weird FFMPEG error screenshot attached. Basically looks like a path/permission problem but its breaking it. Any thoughts on the cause of this error? Thanks!
[quoted image]

Do you have the FFMpeg software in the same folder as the PB.exe file?

#4962 1 year ago

Rush seems to corrupt the SD image file if you make changes to more than one video. Song changes and images seem to be working fine. Anyone come across this issue? Thanks.

#4963 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Rush seems to corrupt the SD image file if you make changes to more than one video. Song changes and images seem to be working fine. Anyone come across this issue? Thanks.

Lots of time when working on Aerosmith. Try importing the video without conversion, that worked on some videos in Aerosmith that would corrupt the image when making the video change.

Always be backing up too prior to making a change. Can get frustrating.

#4964 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Do you have the FFMpeg software in the same folder as the PB.exe file?

Yes its in the same folder (also tried 'ffmpeg' folder inside PB). I can run the command line of it and it works fine. When I try to view videos (ffplay.exe) inside PB its blank, and whenever i do import video, unless i say 'no conversion' it gives the FFMPEG error in the screenshot. I wondered if its antivirus preventing the opening of the file? Has anyone anywhere had this problem? I have whitelisted the file in AV scanning etc. Thanks!

#4965 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

This happens for me also. I have been able to import different videos for different songs a few times, but never more than one video without corrupting the rom. Please help us fix this.

#4966 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Cool! I'll report back on the known track in Guardians 1.09

Same static track on Guardians remains.

#4967 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Same static track on Guardians remains.

Pro and/or LE ?
Which script id ?

#4968 1 year ago
Quoted from bart0404:

This happens for me also. I have been able to import different videos for different songs a few times, but never more than one video without corrupting the rom. Please help us fix this.

Is the firmware closed in PB when you create the sd card ?
Are you using the embedded sd-card image writer or another one ?
This happened in the past. Not sure it's the same, but see here.

#4969 1 year ago
Quoted from JvdS:

There are a number of custoner sound mod images for PoTC-Stern. Take a look here for many of them.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-potc-custom-codes

#4970 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

Pro and/or LE ?
Which script id ?

Guardians Pro.

Script 0x41
Length 2min01s929ms

#4971 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Guardians Pro.
Script 0x41
Length 2min01s929ms

In guardians-1_09_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw, sound script 0x41 works fine with PB v8.13
0x41 (resized).png0x41 (resized).png
The song is Cherry Bomb by The Runnaways
[EDIT] If you tried to replace it with a previous version of PB (when it sounded static), that's normal. You should start again with a stock firmware.

#4972 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

In guardians-1_09_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw, sound script 0x41 works fine with PB v8.13
[quoted image]
The song is Cherry Bomb by The Runnaways
[EDIT] If you tried to replace it with a previous version of PB (when it sounded static), that's normal. You should start again with a stock firmware.

Will do, I'll start over with a fresh image. Thanks.

#4973 1 year ago

The 8.13 version is magic. A sounds batch export feature would be great!

#4974 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

Where is the function to burn the SD card directly with PB? I have been using WinDisk32Imager as it seems to work better when you change videos. Thanks for the help!

#4975 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Where is the function to burn the SD card directly with PB? I have been using WinDisk32Imager as it seems to work better when you change videos. Thanks for the help!

Close the firmware then click the SmartDMD tab. You'll pick the firmware and destination drive and write it.

#4976 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Close the firmware then click the SmartDMD tab. You'll pick the firmware and destination drive and write it.

Cool, thanks

#4977 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

I never get to the point to burn the image. When I import a video file into Rush in PB, then i close the file, when i reopen it in PB it immediately says "Unknown Firmware". I will try the advices of the link in the thread. Rest assured since the moment PB 8.10 came out I have been messing with this, re encoding, re importing, re doing it over and over. Everything except video importing is golden so THANK YOU!. I would hug you so hard.

#4978 1 year ago
Quoted from bart0404:

I never get to the point to burn the image. When I import a video file into Rush in PB, then i close the file, when i reopen it in PB it immediately says "Unknown Firmware". I will try the advices of the link in the thread. Rest assured since the moment PB 8.10 came out I have been messing with this, re encoding, re importing, re doing it over and over. Everything except video importing is golden so THANK YOU!. I would hug you so hard.

I tried to use the advice of foofighter in post #4027. I did all the editing, imported the videos, closed the files, and burned the image with PB without closing it. It goes to a boot loop on the real machine. If i try to reopen that file it says 'Unknown Firmware'.

Bit of good news - I can say all the audio, text, and image imports work fine on the .96 firmware. . If I could just resolve the video import it would be 100%. Thanks!

#4979 1 year ago
Quoted from bart0404:

I tried to use the advice of foofighter in post #4027. I did all the editing, imported the videos, closed the files, and burned the image with PB without closing it. It goes to a boot loop on the real machine. If i try to reopen that file it says 'Unknown Firmware'.
Bit of good news - I can say all the audio, text, and image imports work fine on the .96 firmware. . If I could just resolve the video import it would be 100%. Thanks!

Ran into a lot of those issues with Aerosmith. You're going to have to take it slow and import one video. Then close the firmware and open to test for the Unknown Firmware corruption error. If it opens, close it and back up the image. Re-open the original and test with the next video and repeat the backup.

#4980 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Ran into a lot of those issues with Aerosmith. You're going to have to take it slow and import one video. Then close the firmware and open to test for the Unknown Firmware corruption error. If it opens, close it and back up the image. Re-open the original and test with the next video and repeat the backup.

Thank you for this. So far i have gotten it to work with 2 different imported videos where it would open again. Never have i gotten it to work importing a 2nd video.

#4981 1 year ago
Quoted from bart0404:

Thank you for this. So far i have gotten it to work with 2 different imported videos where it would open again. Never have i gotten it to work importing a 2nd video.

Have you tried the option to import without conversion. That was what I needed to do with two of the stubborn Aerosmith videos.

#4982 1 year ago

The sounds tab is missing with Godzilla PRE/LE 0.96 on PB 8.13:
Sans titre (resized).pngSans titre (resized).png

#4983 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Have you tried the option to import without conversion. That was what I needed to do with two of the stubborn Aerosmith videos.

Yes I converted the videos with Handbrake many diffferent permutations. They dont matter. I can import without conversion because if i dont it give a big ugly error. I dont understand THAT probiem because i run it as admin of "d:\PB813" folder. FFMPEG.EXE, FFPLAY.EXE, FFPROBE.EXE are all in the same folder.

Are there any known issues related to Antivirus or PC Firewall that would break this? Even if I import 1 video and try to reopen it almost every time it say 'Unknown Firmware'. This is very frustrating as it seems like im the only one having an issue on a Windows 10 Pro 64bit PC with all latest updates.

PB ERROR (resized).jpgPB ERROR (resized).jpg
#4984 1 year ago
Quoted from bart0404:

Yes I converted the videos with Handbrake many diffferent permutations. They dont matter. I can import without conversion because if i dont it give a big ugly error. I dont understand THAT probiem because i run it as admin of "d:\PB813" folder. FFMPEG.EXE, FFPLAY.EXE, FFPROBE.EXE are all in the same folder.
Are there any known issues related to Antivirus or PC Firewall that would break this? Even if I import 1 video and try to reopen it almost every time it say 'Unknown Firmware'. This is very frustrating as it seems like im the only one having an issue on a Windows 10 Pro 64bit PC with all latest updates.
[quoted image]

I'll download the Rush image and test. Which model of the game? Have you been successful importing videos with other game images?

#4985 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'll download the Rush image and test. Which model of the game? Have you been successful importing videos with other game images?

i will try with some other game images thats a good idea. If I get it working i can do a bunch of different videos for led zep too. This is Rush LE. Tonite I made a little progress. Manually exported each video file and use ffprobe.exe to get the file attributes, then manually did ffmpeg.exe to those same codec, framerate, resolution. That helped a little i was able to import videos to different slots, save the file, and open it again. Unfortunately i still cant get 2 files imported without corrupting the firmware image. I guess the YYZ video is top choice but putting the web-comic animation over the 2112 song would be pretty sweet.

#4986 1 year ago
Quoted from bart0404:

i will try with some other game images thats a good idea. If I get it working i can do a bunch of different videos for led zep too. This is Rush LE. Tonite I made a little progress. Manually exported each video file and use ffprobe.exe to get the file attributes, then manually did ffmpeg.exe to those same codec, framerate, resolution. That helped a little i was able to import videos to different slots, save the file, and open it again. Unfortunately i still cant get 2 files imported without corrupting the firmware image. I guess the YYZ video is top choice but putting the web-comic animation over the 2112 song would be pretty sweet.

I am having the exact same problem, also the Rush LE file. I can get the PB to save a file with one change to a video file and reopen the file no problem. The second I add a second video file change, the file will save ok with PB. But once I close the file and try to reopen it, I get the 'unknown firmware' error and the file is corrupt and cannot be used anymore.

#4987 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I am having the exact same problem, also the Rush LE file. I can get the PB to save a file with one change to a video file and reopen the file no problem. The second I add a second video file change, the file will save ok with PB. But once I close the file and try to reopen it, I get the 'unknown firmware' error and the file is corrupt and cannot be used anymore.

to anlayse the problem it would be good to know if this happens on every video?
or only on some? the information on the top left will help for others to do tests on the same videos:
0x18 - 1360x768 - Frame XX/90

My guess is that most of the video will work. But certain ones, that everybody wants to change will create errors.

Info (resized).pngInfo (resized).png
#4988 1 year ago

I found some static audio tracks in Led Zeppelin Pro 1.15 with Pinball Browser 8.13.

Scripts:
0x61
0x20B
0x1B5
0x145

There are others too, just happened across two of them and then checked a few others. Was brand new extracted code, not yet used in any version of Pinball Browser.

#4989 1 year ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

[quoted image]

The sounds tab is also missing for Jurassic Park Pro v1.03

#4990 1 year ago

Just an FYI. I will be returning my friend's Guardians Pro soon. Here's my final personal mod of the code.

Attract mode videos begin at start. 6:20 starts gameplay and new music soundtrack.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-pomc-remix#post-6951116

#4991 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

On the same computer I am able to open LezdZep 1.15 and import multiple video files into it without problems, then reopen it with no problem. On Rush I have tried with 4 different songs, imported video, first ones always fine. The 2nd one no matter which permutation (there have been MANY permutations) always fails with "Unknown Firmware".
I appreciate your help. It was a crash course in FFMPEG getting the files converted for each slot to match the same resolution, duration, encoder, color map, and bit rate for each song to very closely match the original file (just a hair shorter to be safe).

#4992 1 year ago
Quoted from bart0404:

On the same computer I am able to open LezdZep 1.15 and import multiple video files into it without problems, then reopen it with no problem. On Rush I have tried with 4 different songs, imported video, first ones always fine. The 2nd one no matter which permutation (there have been MANY permutations) always fails with "Unknown Firmware".
I appreciate your help. It was a crash course in FFMPEG getting the files converted for each slot to match the same resolution, duration, encoder, color map, and bit rate for each song to very closely match the original file (just a hair shorter to be safe).

This works:

#4993 1 year ago

Static gone! Thanks Oliver!

#4994 1 year ago

Sorted out the worst of the issues. With help from a very intuitive knowledgable person. I feel like at this point any audio, any size track, any video length should probably be ok as long as it fits on the SD Card.:

Tom Sawyer -

Roll the Bones Rap -

Limelight -

2112 -

#4995 1 year ago
Quoted from bart0404:

Sorted out the worst of the issues. With help from a very intuitive knowledgable person. I feel like at this point any audio, any size track, any video length should probably be ok as long as it fits on the SD Card.

Please share the knowledge!

#4996 1 year ago
Quoted from bart0404:

Sorted out the worst of the issues. With help from a very intuitive knowledgable person. I feel like at this point any audio, any size track, any video length should probably be ok as long as it fits on the SD Card.:
Tom Sawyer -
Roll the Bones Rap -
Limelight -
2112 -

Looks great! I wonder if PB would open the file given the changes that normally won't work on the software or it will still corrupt the file when saved?

#4997 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Looks great! I wonder if PB would open the file given the changes that normally won't work on the software or it will still corrupt the file when saved?

PB I think is choking on the files because of the very large size. Its definitely a huge help but for that portion it just breaks.

#4998 1 year ago
Quoted from bart0404:

PB I think is choking on the files because of the very large size. Its definitely a huge help but for that portion it just breaks.

If you import a file that exceeds the filesystem capacity, I'm not sure what will happen...
That could explain why the partition got corrupted.
I'll try to add a verification for this in a future version.

#4999 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I found some static audio tracks in Led Zeppelin Pro 1.15 with Pinball Browser 8.13.
Scripts:
0x61
0x20B
0x1B5
0x145
There are others too, just happened across two of them and then checked a few others. Was brand new extracted code, not yet used in any version of Pinball Browser.

2 codecs are impacted in this game.
The corresponding sound scripts are :
LedZep (resized).pngLedZep (resized).png

2 weeks later
#5000 1 year ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

[quoted image]

Same on Rush 0.97, Known issue on new firmware?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 49.95
$ 24.50
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/100?hl=cabal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.