image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_1300.JPG
acdctranslite3.jpg
acdctranslite3.jpg
acdctranslite2.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Looks pretty good from here! and unique to you. Is it screen printed onto acrylic? Reverse print on clear vinyl then backed up in white? Thats how I did mine - hadn't thought about tampering with backglasses before but like you I just wanted something else. Anyway it looks good! I'll be wondering if you reprint or not...

It's printed on some sort of translite material. I just ordered it from gameongraffix.com. If anyone wants one let me know and you can order it from there as well.

#52 11 years ago

That looks pretty sweet installed. Do I get a commission?!

Ha :p

#53 11 years ago

Looks good markmon thanks for putting the info out there on where you got it done.

#54 11 years ago

I think it looks good, nice job.

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from spacies:

That looks pretty sweet installed. Do I get a commission?!
Ha :p

Sure you can have as much of a % of the *profit* as you want

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Sure you can have as much of a % of the *profit* as you want

Sweet. Send me a cheque bro

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from spacies:

Sweet. Send me a cheque bro

Sure, but since the profit at this point and forever is $0, what % would you like ?

#58 11 years ago

Looks like it fits better with the custom than the original translite on your wall.
Diffenently make ac/dc look a lot meaner.

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Sure, but since the profit at this point and forever is $0, what % would you like ?

Ah the things we do for love

It looks cool mate. Well done!

#60 11 years ago

I like it. Good job!

4 months later
#61 11 years ago

I LOVE IT AND WANT ONE! Way better than sweaty old guys - if I wanted that in a pinball translite, I'd just put a mirror in front of it and look at myself.

3 months later
#62 11 years ago

I like your AC/DC translite (the 2nd version) very much.
The devils hanging off the bell, and the HELLS BELLS words below the bell look great.
The flames also look great and frame the picture extremely well. This suits the game very well, and the flames look perfectly like the flames on the right shooter lane area plastic.
So far, nobody I know of, has come up with anything as great as u have come up with.
Well done on a great result.

#63 11 years ago

LOL, pretty epic bump to this thread. I like the idea of an alternative translight for AC/DC though. Any trademark issues with the band in selling these?

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I just got prints today. Unfortunately they did the wrong one now I have to decide if it's worth reprinting it or not.

I love the topper.

#65 11 years ago

Why not use an album cover?

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

2 weeks later
#66 10 years ago

Hey Mark, have you still got the same backglass on? I recently swopped the one I had on for the mirrory original.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

t's printed on some sort of translite material. I just ordered it from gameongraffix.com. If anyone wants one let me know and you can order it from there as well.

I would like one. Please let me know how to get one. Thanks!

#68 10 years ago

I believe a zoomed in bit looked something like this?

MarkmonBG.jpgMarkmonBG.jpg

#69 10 years ago

fire! Untitled-1.jpgUntitled-1.jpg FIRE.jpgFIRE.jpg

#70 10 years ago

I like this one.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#71 10 years ago

That being said, I have no issue with the Prem, except I like mirrored backglasses.

#72 10 years ago

Dirty deeds who made that one on yours?

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I did. My job is signs and designs. I made the 'highway to hell' pic a while ago. Its also used on www.bonscott.com.au. Since Bon is nowhere to be seen on this pin I made a translite.
Double reverse print so it lights up good, on acrylic. Came out looking a bit eerie.

#74 10 years ago

I like it, but I don't know if I like the Hells bells in there. Would be better if it was just all art with the AC/DC logo.

#75 10 years ago

I agree, without the Hell's Bells it's perfect. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

#76 10 years ago

+1 on removing the Hell's Bells text. Make that available as another version.

Looks great though.

#77 10 years ago

I agree, i'd take one too without the hells bells text. I like the direction your going with it. I like the premium translite, but wouldn't hurt to have 2 different ones to change it up from time to time.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from Speed:

I like this one.

I like this one as well.

#79 10 years ago

Sorry guys but I made this for myself, printed and installed it and moved on. The project is over and I am not making additional changes to it nor am I trying to sell it.

#80 10 years ago

Crap! Anyone else making one like these please let me know.
Thanks

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

The picture dirty deeds posted is actually of my gameroom. Pm sent.

#82 10 years ago

The picture dirty deeds posted is actually of my gameroom. Pm sent.

Hwawonyu, mine looks like this. I prefer the one on Marks but if you'd like a 'Bon' backglass I have a spare print I can post. You could get a signmaker to put it on a piece of acrylic. PM me if you want it. Sorry about any confusion.

2012-H2H_Translite.jpg2012-H2H_Translite.jpg

#83 10 years ago

I had one for sale but it was quickly purchased by someone so this post has been deleted.

#84 10 years ago

I'm getting a printer that can make these next week. So maybe I can offer a few prints then.

#85 10 years ago

I would like the one that is my avatar pic.

#86 10 years ago

Looks great. I have told you this in person though. Very nice alternate BG artwork.
I actually opened the thread to see if there was one I liked better than your custom changes.

To date there still is not. Very nice work.

#87 10 years ago

Your collection is one of my favorites on pinside markmon. Always love to see pics of it.

#88 10 years ago

Hey guys great work. For those that are making these, what size file/resolution are you guys using when you get these printed? I don't have an AC/DC but have thought about getting another translight made for one of my other machines where Markmon had his made, but I have no idea what file size (dimensions, etc.) are needed to send them so they can print it. Thanks for any help.

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

Hey guys great work. For those that are making these, what size file/resolution are you guys using when you get these printed? I don't have an AC/DC but have thought about getting another translight made for one of my other machines where Markmon had his made, but I have no idea what file size (dimensions, etc.) are needed to send them so they can print it. Thanks for any help.

In short, the higher the resolution the better. Ideally you want something at least 300 dpi but with a project like this its not always possible. 150 dpi is probably enough to not look ridiculous. Much lower than that and it starts to look like low res images blown up.

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I like it, but I don't know if I like the Hells bells in there. Would be better if it was just all art with the AC/DC logo.

I agree, Hells Bells is obviously a song in the pin and its like your emphasizing on the translite that this pin is only Hells Bells. I say the ACDC logo with the flames and skeleton dudes without the bell and words would really look nice. I really like it otherwise tho, keep working with it.

#91 10 years ago

Still looks awesome bells and all. I will take calles or work with Mark. Whichever. Let me know.

Thanks

1 week later
#92 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Ok I moved it over a bit. It's now only slightly off center (mathematically). I cant totally center it without having a bunch of other issues like the flames to the tail not lining up, the silhouettes being all wrong etc.

If you are going to do one of these, I would really appreciate if I could get one too.
Thanks

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

In short, the higher the resolution the better. Ideally you want something at least 300 dpi but with a project like this its not always possible. 150 dpi is probably enough to not look ridiculous. Much lower than that and it starts to look like low res images blown up.

Thanks Markmon! I just wasn't sure if the image had to be done in a certain dimension (ex. 25x35, etc.). So basically make the image fit the backglass size, and do it at the highest resolution possible ans it should come out ok?

3 months later
#94 10 years ago

with special thanks to Markmon I finally made it happen

See

IMG_1914.JPGIMG_1914.JPG IMG_1913.JPGIMG_1913.JPG IMG_1912.JPGIMG_1912.JPG

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

with special thanks to Markmon I finally made it happen
See » YouTube video

Very nice

Never though of using a guitar heroes guitar for mods.

Great idea, will use it wisely

#96 10 years ago

awesome looking guitar.......

#97 10 years ago

In the guitar there are LEDs mounted of 3 different colors and around it a rgb led strip. They are sound controlled. Not to difficult to make as even I was able to do it. It was an own invention by the way, not copies. I still wanna expand the LEDs to the left wider part of the guitar but that is more a winter job

#98 10 years ago

is that a bat mobile on the BDK

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

is that a bat mobile on the BDK

Yep, see

Own made topper, cool

#100 10 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I agree, Hells Bells is obviously a song in the pin and its like your emphasizing on the translite that this pin is only Hells Bells.

You mean like Stern did with Back in Black and Let There Be Rock?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

16,500 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-custom-translite/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.