(Topic ID: 77181)

AC/DC Custom Jukebox Plastics (Second Run)

By Arcade

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Arcade
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3188.JPG
IMG_3174.JPG
IMG_0679.JPG
IMG_0459.JPG
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

With the rise in popularity again of people changing out songs on this pinball, we have decided to do another run of custom plastics for your Jukebox. I have had numerous request in my PM box and enough time has passed since our last run where we can put together another batch for printing. We are just fellow pinheads trying to help out others, not get rich of off pinball mods.

What are custom Jukebox plastics? See the photos below to get a good idea.

How much are they? We ship these anywhere in the U.S. for a flat $29.00 Just PM me for Paypal address.

Can I put any song title I want on these? Yes. However we are limited to the space given by Stern so some creative abbreviations may be required on longer song titles. Make sure to let me know what songs you want replaced and the new titles you want in your PM.

These are not screen printed plastics that come with the pinball and I am not advertising them as such.
They are however, very nice professionally printed plastics, that are hard to tell from the original once they are installed.
They are pre-drilled and take very little time to put in your game.
I hope I covered everything in this post but feel free ask any questions and I will update this post as necessary.
Below are a couple of photos. One with the plastic installed in my personal game and another of a couple of spare plastics that I had left over from our last run.

IMG_0459.JPGIMG_0459.JPG IMG_0679.JPGIMG_0679.JPG
#2 10 years ago

I am in on this run. I will Paypal and PM the final song list.

#3 10 years ago

Awesome. That makes two or three already so hopefully we can get started on these pretty quick.
Also wanted to thank everyone who purchased one of these in the first batch again.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Can I put any song title I want on these? Yes. However we are limited to the space given by Stern so some creative abbreviations may be required on longer song titles. Make sure to let me know what songs you want replaced and the new titles you want in your PM.

Hey, for those who don't know I'm Arcade's brother and help him with these. Just to be clear about the "space given by Stern" please pay close attention to the lighted area behind the song title. The light is restricted to that area alone. The wood panel behind the plastic has holes cut out to fit the height and width of each current song title. TNT is the worst offender here and would be difficult to replace unless you don't care about how much of your song title lights up. So plan accordingly.

#6 10 years ago

I'm in. I'll figure out my song list and PM you soon. What's the deadline for getting song titles to you?

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I'm in. I'll figure out my song list and PM you soon. What's the deadline for getting song titles to you?

You will be fine. I plan on letting this run a few weeks to make sure everyone that wants one can get one.
I can do batches of 6 at a time so the first 6 will get theirs first.

#8 10 years ago

Damn...I must have missed something on ACDC...how do I change my songs? Want to update and order a set!!

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Damn...I must have missed something on ACDC...how do I change my songs? Want to update and order a set!!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Send me a PM. I can help you out with it.

#11 10 years ago

I'll be in ! ! Once I figure out my songs.

Thanks

#12 10 years ago

Curious if people are using any non-AcDc tunes?

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Curious if people are using any non-AcDc tunes?

Yes. I have helped many people with Non AC/DC tunes.
I even have one person who wanted all Grateful Dead and then an all Tom Petty.
The possibilities are endless.
Ozzy is a big favorite as well.
I even had one person that wanted all the Jukebox feature songs changed to 12 different studio AC/DC songs.
Anything is possible.

#14 10 years ago

No, I have replaced the following:

(original song ------> new song)

- Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be 4:12 -----------> Dirty Deeds Done Done Cheap 3:54 (extended end notes with Paulstretch to 4:10 or so)
- Rock N Roll Train 4:18 ------------> If You Want Blood 4:36 (edited to early fade out to 4:18)
- Whole Lotta Rosie 5:19 -------------> Shoot to Thrill 5:20
- War Machine 3:07 ----------------> Who Made Who 3:29 (edited to fade out to 3:07)
- Let There Be Rock 5:59 --------------> Money Talks 3:48 (repeated after first play through, and early fade out to 5:59 for the two song playback)

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

- Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be 4:12 -----------> Dirty Deeds Done Done Cheap 3:54 (extended end notes with Paulstretch to 4:10 or so)
- Rock N Roll Train 4:18 ------------> If You Want Blood 4:36 (edited to early fade out to 4:18)
- War Machine 3:07 ----------------> Who Made Who 3:29 (edited to fade out to 3:07)
- Let There Be Rock 5:59 --------------> Money Talks 3:48 (repeated after first play through, and early fade out to 5:59 for the two song playback)

Does it bother you the DMD does not match the song, 'Rosie' for example? Pink inserts etc...

Dirty Deeds is a good one for hell ain't a bad place, also 'Have a Drink on Me' - "forget about the cheque well get hell to pay!"

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Does it bother you the DMD does not match, Rosie for example? Pink inserts etc..

It would bother me. I did replace War Machine for Shoot to Thrill which matches well, and Let there be Rock with Long Way to the Top which is fine. I still want to replace For Those About to Rock with If You Want Blood, but am conflicted due to the heavier theme integration.

#17 10 years ago

I am trying to decide

Train -- Crazy Train or Nightrain (GnR faster upbeat)

War Machine --- War Pigs or 'The Mob Rules' both Black Sabbath

Hell ain't a bad place --- 'Iron Man' since the hell face reminds me of Iron Man or N.I.B or 'Black Sabbath' due to the static mood (n.i.b. "my name is Lucifer please take my hand" )

LTBR while a good song, I'm thinking 'Shoot to Thrill'

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

It would bother me. I did replace War Machine for Shoot to Thrill which matches well, and Let there be Rock with Long Way to the Top which is fine. I still want to replace For Those About to Rock with If You Want Blood, but am conflicted due to the heavier theme integration.

War Machine is a 3 minute song. Shoot to Thrill is a 5 minute song. It would bother me way more to have the song abruptly end when it is barely half over.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

War Machine is a 3 minute song. Shoot to Thrill is a 5 minute song. It would bother me way more to have the song abruptly end when it is barely half over.

That darn shorty, if only the song length was elastic so a longer song would fit.

#20 10 years ago

Definitely in for this, need to pick songs now

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Nothing a little creative editing can't fix.

#22 10 years ago

We are up to 9 so far.
Just waiting on a couple of orders to give me thier list and paypal and then we are off to the printers for the first run of this batch.

#23 10 years ago

I'm definitely in, but I'll have to come up with a song list, first. Thanks for doing this, especially at a reasonable cost!

#24 10 years ago

No problem. You have time.
I appreciate the kind comments.
I really thought I could do them for cheaper than $29 shipped but this is the cheapest printer I could get a quote from.
Anyway they should last the life of the machine as this plastic is well protected from any flying balls.

#25 10 years ago

I was in on the first run and definitely happy with the finished product, and now I'm back for more! In the original thread I had put up a short vid showing the change (added in Who Made Who):

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I really thought I could do them for cheaper than $29 shipped but this is the cheapest printer I could get a quote from.

It's cool that you just want to help people out, but I know from experience that managing just the orders alone takes time, let alone the work you're doing etc. Just don't sell yourself short, people are happy to pay you for a quality product, your price is totally reasonable.

#27 10 years ago

***Last call for new Jukebox plastics.***
I have helped some people complete their song changes and have the rest from people that already had their files done, ready to go.
I plan to have these completely typeset and delivered to the printers by Friday. Monday at the latest.
It usually takes the printer about 3 to 5 days to complete them and get them cut.
So if you have already paid and sent your updated song list, it won't be very long now.

#28 10 years ago

Just swapping out a few of the songs makes this pin even better than it already is!
Thanks Arcade!

#29 10 years ago

What are some of the song list some of you are going with? I have changed a few and would just like to see what others have come up with. I am in I just need to finalized my list as well!

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

What are some of the song list some of you are going with? I have changed a few and would just like to see what others have come up with. I am in I just need to finalized my list as well!

Same! I'd like to be in, just having a hard time finalizing my list. So far I'm thinking:

shook me all night long -> whiskey on the rocks
rock n roll train -> shoot to thrill

#31 10 years ago

Guys if you don't mind sharing please post your song lists I am having a hard time deciding.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

#33 10 years ago

If you can't decide, make 2 different lists. These are the ones I'm going with.

You Shook Me All Night Long
Highway To Hell
Rock N Roll Train
Whole Lotta Rosie
Hells Bells
Thunderstruck

Back in Black
Who Made Who
For Those About To Rock
TNT
Money Talks
It's a Long Way To The Top

-and-

You Shook Me All Night Long
Highway To Hell
Rock N Roll Train
Whole Lotta Rosie
Hells Bells
Thunderstruck

Back in Black
Who Made Who
For Those About To Rock
TNT
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Shoot To Thrill

#34 10 years ago

This is what I went with, loaded up the new BIN last night and it's rocking!

IMG_3174.JPGIMG_3174.JPG
#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

I am not a huge AcDc fan (gasp) don't get me wrong I like their hits a lot, but I was kinda looking to get the AcDc out of some. The 7 major songs don't change for me, don't like Rosie but the DMD kind of fits that song too well to change.

I changed out:
RnR Train
War Machine
Hell Ain't a bad place to be
LTBR (I find too indulgent or whatever the word is) but I wanted a fast rocking song there.

I like metal but found a lot of what I like was kind of doom or ponderous so I could not pick most of those.

Here is what I ended up with after much thought. I wanted the songs to fit the mode and tempo.

Two versions (one more Ozzy/Dio/Sabbath) the other more Judas Priest but with some Sabbath and GnR for good measure.

I found the song "The Mob Rules" fits well with the 'War Machine' and is the same length and 'Painkiller' same length as LTBR.

Version 1:
Crazy Train (Train)
The Mob Rules (War machine)
Iron Man (Hell Ain't a bad place to be)
Painkiller -Judas Priest (LTBR)

Version 2:
Nightrain GnR (RnR Train) (edit this should be spelled 'Night Train' but for whatever reason GNR spelled It how they did.
The Mob Rules (War Machine)
You've got another thing coming (in place of Hell Ain't a bad place)
Painkiller (LtBR)

#36 10 years ago

Leon is working on the following for me!

All Summer Long Kid Rock
Hit Me with your Best Shot Pat Benatar
Just What I needed Cars
Sweet Home Alabama Skynard
Don’t Look Back Boston
Satisfaction Rolling Stones
Thunder Road Springsteen
Born to Run Springsteen
We Will Rock You Queen
Highway to Hell
TNT
Back in Black

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

All Summer Long Kid Rock

This explains so much about our rocky relationship, Ice.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

This explains so much about our rocky relationship, Ice.

haha, not sure why that one struck me G, doesn't quite fit right?

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Leon is working on the following for me!
All Summer Long Kid Rock
Hit Me with your Best Shot Pat Benatar
Just What I needed Cars
Sweet Home Alabama Skynard
Don’t Look Back Boston
Satisfaction Rolling Stones
Thunder Road Springsteen
Born to Run Springsteen
We Will Rock You Queen
Highway to Hell
TNT
Back in Black

I like to someday do away with some more songs with NIN or such but I am still new to acdc pin and can't see changing hells bells, TNT, Thunderstruck, BIB or Highway to hell.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I like to someday do away with some more songs with NIN or such but I am still new to acdc pin and can't see changing hells bells, TNT, Thunderstruck, BIB or Highway to hell.

This is just a quick change for me that I will change back after a while. Hells Bells, Thunderstruck and Dirty Deeds are gonna be missed. That's the beauty of Ac/dc. Heck I might even create a Jimmy Buffet version next

#41 10 years ago

Of the new tunes I added in this is my favourite new DMD animation. If Shoot to Thrill doesn't fit in that spot I don't know what does. That's right baby, I've got my cannon right here and I'm ready to shoot to thrill!

IMG_3188.JPGIMG_3188.JPG
#42 10 years ago

That does look awesome Buckman. Glad it came out nice for you.
Happy to help out when I can.

#43 10 years ago

I just bough this pin on a whim, I had sold my IJ and had some money burning a hole in my pocket, I had been avoiding it like the plague because I don't get the whole music pin ani last time i listenrd to AcDc was 30 years ago when I was in HS. But a super nice Refinery edition popped up in my area for a song (pun) and I just got it figured if I hated it I'd unload it for little risk, but this pin has to be one of the best, I even like the lower PF and I usually don't care for that sort of thing.

But after owning the pin and especially with the music mod, I am loving it.

We can say we are the only people on earth with this exact combo of songs or whatever but to me it just makes it that much more special.

Now if I can start to figure out the rules.

#44 10 years ago

Is there any good place to add big balls to match with animation?

#45 10 years ago

Leon "Arcade" does a great job! Thx for all the help

#46 10 years ago

Arcade do we have until the end of the day to decide? I'm still trying to think of a good ac/dc song to swap rock and roll train for. (This is hard)

#47 10 years ago

Yes. I am trying to take this run of plastics to the Printers by Monday.
So, that will give everyone through the weekend to decide what they need.
Thanks,
Leon.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

This is what I went with, loaded up the new BIN last night and it's rocking!

IMG_3174.JPG 254 KB

That is awesome. Makes it MUCH easier for me to do the names that way. Much less of my double and triple checking which songs go where. Thanks!

#49 10 years ago

By the way KingNine above is my brother. He is the one with the Corel Draw skills to help make these happen.
He does some awesome work and is currently redrawing an entire set of plastics for one of our EM's.
Thanks for all the help with these bro.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

Of the new tunes I added in this is my favourite new DMD animation. If Shoot to Thrill doesn't fit in that spot I don't know what does. That's right baby, I've got my cannon right here and I'm ready to shoot to thrill!

IMG_3188.JPG 219 KB

I keep saying I'm gonna learn to do that next. How easy is it to do those animations? What program are you using?

Edit: That is just the stock animation for "for those about to rock" isn't it? I had read your as if you did a custom one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-custom-jukebox-plastics-second-run and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.