hijack_2.jpg
hijack.gif
364.gif
998.jpg
image.jpg
IMAG0014.jpg
IMAG0012.jpg
image.jpg
There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 11 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

Actually, let me ask you this, what are the many options that are open to a tourney player playing a points based only game like AC/DC? Do you focus on ball longevity (mball), or do you focus on completing shots that may award points, but probably wont due to cheapness?

I can think of a few. War Machine spinner really can rack up the points especially when you get 2x or 3x going. Great to switch into H2H if you have 3x going & shoot the right ramp to get into the lower PF where you score about 2 mil per target. Hells Bells with the ability to use the VIP pass in order to keep the multiplier going if you cant time a bell shot and its about to expire. BIB or Thunderstruck are great in any multiball & the light show in Thunderstruck is incredible while playing in low lighting. Not to mention the Song Bonus strategies of switching songs before going into Tour or Album MB. (Do you even know how to collect the song bonus??) I could go on with other great modes but I feel it would be fall on deaf ears since its obvious you have about a 5% grasp of the ruleset.

Its obvious you havent even scratched the surface of the rules of the game since you "borrowed" it recently & have no clue as to what strategies to use.

#102 11 years ago

You already know why and are just having a tough time coming to grips with it....we all get defensive on the pins that we own, it's ok

#103 11 years ago

Watching a video and actually competing are two different things. Even more different is owning a game versus playing it in a tourney. Did I watch the video? Sure I did, I noticed that its at 7 degress at that the player has tilt severly limited. He scored 1.4 bil on one ball, how is that a plus? You should also notice that he nudges on all right loop returns to avoid hitting the right slings. Sign of poor design.

#104 11 years ago

Lol...

image.jpgimage.jpg

#105 11 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

Watching a video and actually competing are two different things. Even more different is owning a game versus playing it in a tourney. Did I watch the video? Sure I did, I noticed that its at 7 degress at that the player has tilt severly limited. He scored 1.4 bil on one ball, how is that a plus?

Lol your so clueless. Ive played the acdc in the video and its on factory settings with a very fair tilt. I doubt you would score 1/4 of the score of the player in said video with the game set up the same.

#106 11 years ago

This threads making me feel the itch to go play it again or buy my own

#107 11 years ago

May seem like it but I love it when people who have no idea of the rules of a game chime in like they are an authority on wether its good or not.

#108 11 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

This threads making me feel the itch to go play it again or buy my own

Best thing you could do.....Dont let the uneducated trolls steer you wrong.

#109 11 years ago

More like:

998.jpg998.jpg

#110 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Lol your so clueless. Ive played the acdc in the video and its on factory settings with a very fair tilt. I doubt you would score 1/4 of the score of the player in said video with the game set up the same.

So you question my ability versus the facts of the game. Sounds legit.

#111 11 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

So you question my ability versus the facts of the game. Sounds legit.

Fine so your the greatest player around. I'm still waiting for you to mention a game that has as many options for high scoring??? And what about ACDC is cheap or unfair once you set it up correctly?? Drains off of missed shots? Wow what a novel concept a game that punishes you for missing a shot. You mentioned the cannon auto firing into the drops & then draining but you failed to realize maybe you should not shoot the cannon when you dont have control over it??? Hmm makes a lil sense huh? SDTM drains from pops??? Easily corrected if you know how to set up the game.

So ok "Mr. Big time tourney player".....Whats other game gives you more options for high scoring??? (hint its not FT, WH2O, TZ or TAF)

#112 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Best thing you could do.....Dont let the uneducated trolls steer you wrong.

not sure the thing stopping me isn't trolls it's $$ justification, I have more then enough cash doing nothing but for me at my age and with a mortgage it's always hard to justify dropping 5000+ (pro prices here) on a pin

#113 11 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

not sure the thing stopping me isn't trolls it's $$ justification, I have more then enough cash doing nothing but for me at my age and with a mortgage it's always hard to justify dropping 5000+ (pro prices here) on a pin

I hear ya....But come on bro your an aussie!!!.....I thought it was mandatory that all aussie pinheads own AC/DC.....

#114 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Fine so your the greatest player around. I'm still waiting for you to mention a game that has as many options for high scoring???

I never said this. Why don't you instead stop saying that AC/DC has the most scoring options around and actually provide examples yourself? I gave you examples, all you did was disagree, without any evidence, and then continue to state that you are right, without facts.

#115 11 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

I never said this. Why don't you instead stop saying that AC/DC has the most scoring options around and actually provide examples yourself? I gave you examples, all you did was disagree, without any evidence, and then continue to state that you are right, without facts.

Dont know how to read??? I gave you multiple ways just a few posts back.

#116 11 years ago

Oh, and because I expect you to keep doing the same treadmill, as is normal for internet fourm users, I leave this here for you.

364.gif364.gif

#117 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Dont know how to read??? I gave you multiple ways just a few posts back.

Really, please elaborate. Ok, you actually did post some good ideas for the game. Admittedly, VIP pass is pretty good, and a nice way to make the game easier.

#118 11 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

I like how everyone is focused on attacking me personally instead of addressing my questions. Ill take that as you know I am right. Neat. It is said that the ability to accept facts that disagree with your beliefs is a sign of higher thinking. This is why I always ask for more facts. Sort of like I accept the fact that people that own both Avengers and AC/DC tend to like Avengers more. Interesting fact.

You lose a ton of credibility (if you had any) when you say stuff like this.

You talk about "facts". What facts? Everything that you are talking about in your prior post is subjective.

Stop trolling.

And where are these "personal attacks" that you speak of? Drama queen much?

#119 11 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

Quoted from smassa:

I can think of a few. War Machine spinner really can rack up the points especially when you get 2x or 3x going. Great to switch into H2H if you have 3x going & shoot the right ramp to get into the lower PF where you score about 2 mil per target. Hells Bells with the ability to use the VIP pass in order to keep the multiplier going if you cant time a bell shot and its about to expire. BIB or Thunderstruck are great in any multiball & the light show in Thunderstruck is incredible while playing in low lighting. Not to mention the Song Bonus strategies of switching songs before going into Tour or Album MB. (Do you even know how to collect the song bonus??) I could go on with other great modes but I feel it would be fall on deaf ears since its obvious you have about a 5% grasp of the ruleset.
Its obvious you havent even scratched the surface of the rules of the game since you "borrowed" it recently & have no clue as to what strategies to use.

Did you miss this entire post or just choose to Ignore it?

#120 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Did you miss this entire post or just choose to Ignore it?

I actually missed this one, so many posts, such little time. I agree, there are some good home use strategies there, but balance those against risk / reward, and your best chances of survival in AC/DC is to keep mball going. Do you disagree with that?

And yes, I am more than willing to accept new facts in a conversation, and thank you for providing a good example.

#121 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I hear ya....But come on bro your an aussie!!!.....I thought it was mandatory that all aussie pinheads own AC/DC.....

actually I know alot of Aussies (most of my friends) who dislike ACDC because they've become so associated with the bogan footy crowd.

#122 11 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

Watching a video and actually competing are two different things. Even more different is owning a game versus playing it in a tourney.

This is laughable. Assuming you are still referring to people playing ramps only in tourneys.
My son and I both just both won in the tourney in Dallas on AC/DC.
Neither of us just shot ramps all day and neither did the people we were competing against.
In fact we all had great discussions on all the best tricks to score high points.

#123 11 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

I actually missed this one, so many posts, such little time. I agree, there are some good home use strategies there, but balance those against risk / reward, and your best chances of survival in AC/DC is to keep mball going. Do you disagree with that?
And yes, I am more than willing to accept new facts in a conversation, and thank you for providing a good example.

I agree multiball is always safe if trying to work through all the songs to reach Encore but there are also strategies of what song to take into multiball in order to collect a nice song bonus (my best scores I was really nowhere close to reaching Encore). For example its a waste to start your 1st Album or Tour MB while in a song like War Machine or Rock n Roll train as it is unlikely you will collect enough Jackpots to score a Song Bonus Jackpot. If you set up your Tour & Album multiballs correctly it only takes 1 or 2 jackpots to score a huge Song Bonus.

#124 11 years ago

I initially was chasing 2x/3x scores on songs, but realized that the game will quickly punish a single missed shot, or even a made shot on some occasions, with a quick drain. Then I realized that the encore points far exceed the points I could make, in the same amount of time and risk, not just rushing for a finish. Encore gives me 3 more balls and more opportunities to combine my previous song scores for more points.

I agree, AC/DC does make a good tourney game once you remove the outlane posts, set tilt to instant and remove all EB's. This isn't super surprising though, considering the author of the software, a very talented player that understands that ball times must be short, and mball is the key to victory.

#125 11 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

This is laughable. Assuming you are still referring to people playing ramps only in tourneys.
My son and I both just both won in the tourney in Dallas on AC/DC.
Neither of us just shot ramps all day and neither did the people we were competing against.
In fact we all had great discussions on all the best tricks to score high points.

You had me at you and your son won a tourney. That....is.....awesome. I hope I can accomplish this task at a tourney someday. Would be awesome to do a father / son tourney period. And god bless you for bringing your son to a competition.

#126 11 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

I agree, AC/DC does make a good tourney game once you remove the outlane posts, set tilt to instant

Game punishes missed shots well enough on factory settings with a Tilt that will allow for some movement of the game. Making the tilt so sensitive that if you sneeze makes it tilt isnt fun at all.

#127 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Making the tilt so sensitive that if you sneeze makes it tilt isnt fun at all.

I keep saying that too! Problem is there are some players that have magic hands and can move machines without tilting them. DAMN THEM! How do they do that!!?!

Agreed though, AC/DC is a frustrating game for sure, with stock settings. So is Tron. The first time I beat Tron, which took weeks vs days, I said I would never play it again. Yet, I can't get enough of that game for some reason.

#128 11 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

Agreed though, AC/DC is a frustrating game for sure, with stock settings. So is Tron. The first time I beat Tron, which took weeks vs days, I said I would never play it again. Yet, I can't get enough of that game for some reason.

Now you are talking some sense!

#129 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

ow you are talking some sense!

I knew I would find my way into your heart Tron Boy ;p

#130 11 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

I knew I would find my way into your heart Tron Boy ;p

#131 11 years ago

Unboxed mine tonight and it's way better than the one I played at the arcade. The music sounds like you are in a bar with a band playing. The lighting is friking cool. Better than I expected!

#132 11 years ago

LOL, what the heck happened to my thread?

hijack.gifhijack.gif hijack_2.jpghijack_2.jpg hijacked3.jpghijacked3.jpg

#134 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Pointless thread is pointless...

If pointless threads were removed from Pinside, the site would disappear and we would all suffer from lack of good reading material

#135 11 years ago

Somebody 'splain. Please.

1) Why must one pin or manufacturer SUCK in order for another to kick ass? I've never understood - if you like pinball you like it. Sure, some manufacturers aren't as good as others, and some systems (I'm looking at you System 1) definitely weren't up to snuff - but never understood the hate. If you don't like it, don't play it. It's not a pissing or beauty contest.

2) Why on EARTH doesn't IPDB put a 1 year (or 2 year) ban on rating a new machine? Let it get out into the wild, shake out, let folks play it for a few years. Let the "new" wear off, the fanboys and fangirls come back to reality. Basically wait long enough to allow for a fairer and more objective review? I completely understand why folks would feel a rating was inaccurate when a BRAND NEW machine suddenly pops into the top 10, ahead of games that have hundreds of ratings and have been out for many years.. This just seems like common sense to me, and would likely result in fairer, more consistent ratings across the board. I also think they should ignore ratings that do not provide comments to explain why a given score was given in an area.

3) Break out the ratings on something more than all EM's, and all SS's. Example - 60's EM's, 70's EM's. 70's SS, 80's SS, 90's SS, etc.

It's all subjective, but it's stupid when people feel the need to give a game they've never played, or simply don't like a ridiculously low/inaccurate rating to "make their point". I find it puzzling that AC/DC is one rating behind Fish Tales on IPDB for example - I can't understand this for the life of me, and I've played the hell out of Fish Tales in my day. But, I'm not going to go trash FT's ratings because of it.

/rant

#136 11 years ago
Quoted from Sprout:

2) Why on EARTH doesn't IPDB put a 1 year (or 2 year) ban on rating a new machine? Let it get out into the wild, shake out, let folks play it for a few years. Let the "new" wear off, the fanboys and fangirls come back to reality. Basically wait long enough to allow for a fairer and more objective review?

YES.

Just wait till WOZ is actually being shipped. It'll instantly shoot to number 1 regardless if it deserves it or not. After all this time, the folks who bought it have FAR too much invested financially and emotionally to view it without rose-colored glasses.

#137 11 years ago

YES.
Just wait till WOZ is actually being shipped. It'll instantly shoot to number 1 regardless if it deserves it or not. After all this time, the folks who bought it have FAR too much invested financially and emotionally to view it without rose-colored glasses.

Sorry WOZ (soon to be) owners (and I have many friends that pre-ordered it) . . . I just can't help myself in this AC/DC thread.

WOZ_Pic.jpgWOZ_Pic.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
16,500 (Firm)
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-continues-to-climb/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.