Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 185 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

metal.jpg
    laughing.gif
    starcade.jpg
    xS0L12.png
    shrug.gif
    2012-05-04_21.12.37.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 11 years ago

<delete post> Not even worth it. There is just one epic troll after another on this thread.

Stupid. Don't get why if someone is that personally offended by the inclusion of the song why they can't just do the American thing and NOT GIVE THEM BUSINESS. Not that complicated.

#152 11 years ago
    Quoted from jimjam:

and just for the record Jim you don't have to sign off on every comment you COCKMASTER

This type of attitude will get you no help in the future if needed on Pinside!

Jeff

#153 11 years ago

wow. this thread barely had anything to do with pinball and what's worse; I've already heard this Highway to Hell "bit" before on the Russ Martin show 5 years ago.

#154 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

, I Don't get it !!!

Bwahahahaha....that skit gets me every time...Chapelle was a genius .

I had the local teens analyze this for me this morning, only one got close out of four listeners, and he thought it was "season" something. Even listening to the Bon version B_R posted I don't hear the N word. Remember "Pigs, Three Different Ones" ? When I was a kid there was a lot of speculation as to what Dave was saying and none of it was close to "Charade you are" I can assure you. The N word issue is over hyped, you simply cannot say it unless you are black, end of story. The President of my company is black along with several managers and the regional vp - they use it all the time...but were I ever to use it I would catch a beatdown or a walkout or both. Not an issue for me. I asked the prez and the vp about this and they were like "f ac/dc who the f cares" lol. But hey they don't get pinball either .

#155 11 years ago

#156 11 years ago
    Quoted from Chudmeat:

wow. this thread barely had anything to do with pinball and what's worse; I've already heard this Highway to Hell "bit" before on the Russ Martin show 5 years ago.

It's the Russ Martin Show! Now with 100% less Eddie, oh wait, now with 100% less JD, oh wait is he still even on the air? LOL....

#157 11 years ago

It's the Russ Martin Show! Now with 100% less Eddie, oh wait, now with 100% less JD, oh wait is he still even on the air? LOL....

LOL unfortunately yes, drive time on 97.1 and its just as lame and predictible as it was back on Live 105.3

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #160 11 years ago
    Quoted from McSquiggins:

"I'm not racist." - Every racist person in the past 40 years

Ever heard Black comedians making all kinds of jokes about White people? But as a society were suppose to be ok with it, but if a White comedian did jokes about Black people all HELL would break loose, and the NAACP, Al Sharpton, and Jesse Jackson would demand his head on a platter! It's reverse racism! I grew up in L.A. area and being called a "white boy" was a daily accurance!

#161 11 years ago

My favorite quote from Chapelle has always been...."Damn the white man.....he put crack on the street....he also put a library."

#162 11 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

dumbest thread ever

Not by a long shot.

#163 11 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Not by a long shot.

I dont honestly understand why it has not been closed. It serves no purpose other than to get people fired up and say shit they shouldn't.

#164 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

McSquiggins said:"I'm not racist." - Every racist person in the past 40 years
    Ever heard Black comedians making all kinds of jokes about White people? But as a society were suppose to be ok with it, but if a White comedian did jokes about Black people all HELL would break loose, and the NAACP, Al Sharpton, and Jesse Jackson would demand his head on a platter! It's reverse racism! I grew up in L.A. area and being called a "white boy" was a daily accurance!

How is it "reverse racism"? Sounds like plain racism. And yes, there are racist black people too. What's your point?

#165 11 years ago

I've been listening to AC/DC since the early 80's and not once had I ever heard of, or ever thought that the lyrics to Highway to Hell would be misconstrued as racist.

Maybe the listener is hearing what he's wanting to hear?

In my senior year of high school I became a born again christian, and this was mostly due to my mom's overwhelming influence in forcing religion down my throat. During this time I started seeing evil and demon's everywhere in society. Album covers, tv, music, people...started seeing what I thought were people choosing to follow what the christian lifestyle would label as evil.

I saw what I wanted to see, and it brought me no happiness or joy in my life.

Later on in 1982 I went into the USAF and everything changed for me, once again. I wasn't seeing evil everywhere because I had stopped looking for it. I had too much to worry about in making it through basic military training and staying off the drill instructor's S**T list.

The point I'm trying to make is people see what they want to see, and HEAR what they want to hear.

Another 10,000 posts in this thread which state the actual lyrics to Highway to Hell probably won't convince the author of the first post in this thread that there is no racist word IN those lyrics.

I'm truly convinced he hears what he wants to hear, and nobody here can convince him otherwise because he already has his mind made up.

AND...life goes on.

#166 11 years ago
    Quoted from Chudmeat:

It started out as a question regarding a cloudy insert & racial slur on a new pinball machine. VERY pinball related.

Now we are quoting movies, comparing profanity to racisim, calling each other names & eventually sharing recipes.

I still like you guys wont gouge you all when I sell 5 of my machines in a few months.

Even Honda, I may give him a $100 discount just for his hard work in this thread

#167 11 years ago

Well said JW ,,,

You wasn't the Kid on TV 30 yr's ago at School Preaching Against Rock-n-Roll was you..

Just mess-n w/ Ya !! My AC/DC should be in the GRG Friday ,, Drive up and see me this week-end..

#168 11 years ago

If you're going to take the time to post what you think is a racist word in the lyrics of AC/DC as it relates to the pin you should expect people to respond to your post WITH their opinions.

With that comes the good, the bad, and the ugly. People should try and maintain some measure
    of respect for each other. The pinside forum "usually" is very good about self-moderating each other.

I think you hit on a hot-topic issue, that issue being perceived racist lyric in a song featured in a recently released Stern pin that a huge amount of people are really loving at the moment.

#169 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

You wasn't the Kid on TV 30 yr's ago at School Preaching Against Rock-n-Roll was you.

Not that I'm aware of. Never saw any camera's in my class rooms where I debated the evils of rock music and Ozzy with my classmates that were hardcore metal fans.

Don't worry bout' me BR, I can take a joke. You can't offend me. You could try, but I have a pretty thick skin when it comes to joking around. Rock on bro!

#170 11 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Even Honda, I may give him a $100 discount just for his hard work in this thread

Nice try , I hope to never help you in any way. I would not do any type of business with you ever .

Life is too short to hang out with un-cool people and you are un-cool ! Your opinion sucks and it brought the pinball community down a notch! Racism should have never been brought up and it does not exist in normal peoples heads !

You brought up a subject and even when proven wrong you still held your ground instead of backing and thanking others for showing you the correct lyrics ! You have call us sheep and you can fuck off !

Say what you want I will not respond , I am officially done with the idiotic thread !

Jim

#172 11 years ago

This thread should be closed before more damage is done.

#173 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I did Pick up a shirt at Suck-Bang-and Blow @ Bike Week in Myrtle Beach a few yr's ago ..
    It Read " This shirt is made from 100% Cotton , and Yo Momma Picked it " LMAO when i saw it !!

yeehaw, bo.

:/

#174 11 years ago
    Quoted from TavaLee:

This thread should be closed before more damage is done.

i don't want it closed until i see a pic of someone in their white sheet playing their favorite pin.

#175 11 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Pinballwizard79 said:Even Honda, I may give him a $100 discount just for his hard work in this thread
    Nice try , I hope to never help you in any way. I would not do any type of business with you ever .
    Life is too short to hang out with un-cool people and you are un-cool ! Your opinion sucks and it brought the pinball community down a notch! Racism should have never been brought up and it does not exist in normal peoples heads !
    You brought up a subject and even when proven wrong you still held your ground instead of backing and thanking others for showing you the correct lyrics ! You have call us sheep and you can fuck off !
    Say what you want I will not respond , I am officially done with the idiotic thread !
    Jim

I agree with every word of this.

The original post is idiotic.

#176 11 years ago

feeeeeeew yo! just made it before the close

#177 11 years ago

I declare this the worst thread in the history of Pinside! Congratulations, everyone!

#178 11 years ago
    Quoted from pzy:

I declare this the worst thread in the history of Pinside! Congratulations, everyone!

I found a sweet, live version of Highway to Hell circa 79 hidden amongst all this horsehit, so it can't all be bad.

#179 11 years ago

Sweet. 4 pages in. Maybe someone has confirmed if cleaning alcohol will work on the AC/DC window...

...oh

#180 11 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Pinballwizard79 said:Even Honda, I may give him a $100 discount just for his hard work in this thread
    Jim

I have to agree with Jim, the OP is a closedminded fool.

$100 off LMFAO... he better hope he dont run into this cracka!

#182 11 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Robbie are you threatening me?
    Thats hilarious
    Im scared of you & honda lol

See! This duffus lacks comprehension and interpretation.

#183 11 years ago

I am scared of grossly over done mame control panels from byoac....*shiver*

Makes me glad i have a viewlix

#184 11 years ago

dbl post. Can we lock this idiotic thread now ROBIN!

#185 11 years ago

That's it. Take this crap elsewhere and please read the site rules before posting again.

Thanks to all who e-mailed me about this dumb thread.

There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-concerns/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.