Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 185 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

metal.jpg
    laughing.gif
    starcade.jpg
    xS0L12.png
    shrug.gif
    2012-05-04_21.12.37.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 11 years ago

So, I wonder what Stern will do now? Change the song to a newer version with the next update?

#102 11 years ago

"wrapped up like a douche, another rumor in the night."

#103 11 years ago

Explanation one is that we've got an Aussie rock singer who swallows his consonants. Explanation two is that there's a global conspiracy in which millions of listeners, thousands of radio stations, and one pinball company are complicit in a massive coverup. I'm going to go with Occam's Razor on this one.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #105 11 years ago

I almost forgot about this till this thread

#107 11 years ago

Here is a live video of Bon and I really don't hear the slur. This is just BS . This video will set the record straight !

#108 11 years ago

ACDC Highway to Hell with lyrics

It shows that its "ticket", however they could have mumbled something else... who knows???

#109 11 years ago

This whole thread is incredibly stupid. It is clearly season ticket. If your ears want to hear something else then that is your problem.

John

#110 11 years ago

Ok, this could be fun. Let's break it down logically, debate-style. The question is, based on your chosen interpretation, what does the lyric mean?

I'll take the "not a slur" side of the debate. The entire song is in the first person -- it's all "I" and "me." (This is really important to the discussion. Throughout the entire song, it's obvious that the singer is talking about himself in literally every single line.) The singer is singing about he's on an, um, highway to hell. This highway, it's a one-way ride, you see. And a *ride* often requires a *ticket.* In this case, given that the one-way nature of the ride has been established, it's by definition a "season ticket" that he has.

So, who wants to take the pro-slur side of the debate? Who is this mysterious "she" who is referred to at no other point in the song, and why is she so important as to warrant the song's only third person voicing? What does her race have to do with the rest of the song? I'm sincerely curious to hear your interpretation of what the lyric could possibly mean in the context of the rest of the song.

I mean, it'd be one thing if the song was a bunch of nonsense words, as rock and roll can certainly be, but in this case every single lyric is perfectly straightforward. Nothing too hard to understand. Why would only one line make no sense at all?

(As they say on HIMYM, lawyered.)

#111 11 years ago
    Quoted from c3trey:

Ok, this could be fun. Let's break it down logically, debate-style. The question is, based on your chosen interpretation, what does the lyric mean?
    I'll take the "not a slur" side of the debate. The entire song is in the first person -- it's all "I" and "me." (This is really important to the discussion. Throughout the entire song, it's obvious that the singer is talking about himself in literally every single line.) The singer is singing about he's on an, um, highway to hell. This highway, it's a one-way ride, you see. And a *ride* often requires a *ticket.* In this case, given that the one-way nature of the ride has been established, it's by definition a "season ticket" that he has.
    So, who wants to take the pro-slur side of the debate? Who is this mysterious "she" who is referred to at no other point in the song, and why is she so important as to warrant the song's only third person voicing? What does her race have to do with the rest of the song? I'm sincerely curious to hear your interpretation of what the lyric could possibly mean in the context of the rest of the song.
    I mean, it'd be one thing if the song was a bunch of nonsense words, as rock and roll can certainly be, but in this case every single lyric is perfectly straightforward. Nothing too hard to understand. Why would only one line make no sense at all?
    (As they say on HIMYM, lawyered.)

you're clearly too intelligent for this debate.

please....go away.

#114 11 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

you're clearly too intelligent for this debate.

please....go away.

hahahahhahahahaha +1

#115 11 years ago

If you say TICKET without the T on the end then I guess it could sound like something else.... Just slurring... nothing more...

#116 11 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

If you say TICKET without the T on the end then I guess it could sound like something else

bombz.

but.....doesn't quite fit in with the conspiracy theorists.

#117 11 years ago

Next he'll be saying Manfred Mann really did say "douche" instead of "deuce" in Blinded by the Light and the record label is covering that up too.

John

#118 11 years ago

This thread has it all bashing, racism, foot in mouth syndrome, in depth analysis, controversial marriage issues lol for 1950 anyway. You know whats missing now.....

BOOOOOOOOOBS!

Who gives a poo. GAME ON!!!!!!

#119 11 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

doesn't quite fit in with the conspiracy theorists.

even the conspiracy theorist though has his entire "proof" of the lyrics in the pin based upon B_R stating (wrong or right)that Bon Scott sang it differently 30 years ago...which would have nothing to do with the lyrics in the pin

#120 11 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Wow that really set the record straight.

I agree!

Jim

#121 11 years ago

This thread is almost as much fun as a Wizman thread!

#122 11 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Here is a live video of Bon and I really don't hear the slur. This is just BS . This video will set the record straight !
    » YouTube video

In this video, he clearly says "season ticket", but in the one BR posted, I heard what I heard. N word. I'm still taking delivery of a Premium in a couple weeks. That is not gonna stop me from enjyoying this awesome game. Just a history lesson, I guess.

#124 11 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Maybe I am a paranoid theorist...
    Are you guys in on it too?
    How much is Steve Ritchie paying you?

I don't wanna say the exact figure, but my game is free. LOL

#125 11 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Just a history lesson,

No history here. Just made up bullshit and it all started with Howard Stern.

Jim

#126 11 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Do not buy a AC/DC, just buy the WOZ !
    Thanks
    Jim

LOLOL!

#127 11 years ago

Hey I have a WOZ and ACDC coming ..... I call it Bi-Polar theming. Depends on my mood that day

#128 11 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Next he'll be saying Manfred Mann really did say "douche" instead of "deuce" in Blinded by the Light and the record label is covering that up too.
    John

about 15 posts above yours.

#129 11 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

treborlicec said:Just a history lesson,
    No history here. Just made up bullshit and it all started with Howard Stern.
    Jim

hey, wait a minute....let's not bring howard stern into this.

lol.

#130 11 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

honda350r said:Here is a live video of Bon and I really don't hear the slur. This is just BS . This video will set the record straight !
    » YouTube video
    In this video, he clearly says "season ticket", but in the one BR posted, I heard what I heard. N word. I'm still taking delivery of a Premium in a couple weeks. That is not gonna stop me from enjyoying this awesome game. Just a history lesson, I guess.

a history lesson............OR.............

another in a long line of misheard lyrics.

"make me fries."

#131 11 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

John

Except in this case the "douche" interpretation makes the song better.

#132 11 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

Hey I have a WOZ and ACDC coming ..... I call it Bi-Polar theming. Depends on my mood that day

I have been considering doing the same thing for the same reason. I have been thinking they would contrast styles and looks...

#133 11 years ago

drugs are bad mkay

They turn your words into garbbled crap that nobody can really understand. The real problem here is lack of enunciation.

I am still just hoping I can eventually play one off these games.

#135 11 years ago

dumbest thread ever

#136 11 years ago

man oh man, you guys are really going to be upset when borg's next pin, marilyn manson: the pinball, comes out.

Kangaroo riders.. erm.. Austrailians, if that's what you want to call yourselves..
    Do you even have the same slang as southern Amercians? Wouldn't you have a different racial slur if you were bothering to put that in a song?

Post edited by Blakesell : weird question along with the stupid commentary.

#137 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

This thread has it all bashing, racism, foot in mouth syndrome, in depth analysis, controversial marriage issues lol for 1950 anyway. You know whats missing now.....
    BOOOOOOOOOBS!

That's pretty much the only thing that could turn this abortion of a thread into something good but it would probably end up getting it locked. Pretty sad state of affairs, if you ask me.

#138 11 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

AkumaZeto said:This thread has it all bashing, racism, foot in mouth syndrome, in depth analysis, controversial marriage issues lol for 1950 anyway. You know whats missing now.....
    BOOOOOOOOOBS!
    That's pretty much the only thing that could turn this abortion of a thread into something good but it would probably end up getting it locked. Pretty sad state of affairs, if you ask me.

At this point this thread needs to get locked. Someone declare Hitler or shift the subject to 911 Truthers or something!

#139 11 years ago

That video from '79 that Jim posted was kick-a$$! Thanks, Jim!

#141 11 years ago
    Quoted from jimjam:

I have noticed that Jim has become an over sensitive dick since his ACDC purchase and will shoot anybody down who does not praise this machine. You can’t say anything about ACDC with being branded a stern hater.

Really ? I am defending the band not the pinball machine . Get a clue and go fuck yourself ! Seriously !

Jim

#142 11 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

jimjam said:I have noticed that Jim has become an over sensitive dick since his ACDC purchase and will shoot anybody down who does not praise this machine. You can’t say anything about ACDC with being branded a stern hater.
    Really ? I am defending the band not the pinball machine . Get a clue and go fuck yourself ! Seriously !
    Jim

Yeah what he said!

#143 11 years ago

this thread needs a "season ticket on a one-way ride" on the highway to hell.

#146 11 years ago

I can hear it both ways if I WANT to. But frankly, listening to his enunciation in that video, and being a grammophile, his accent is *really* thick. I don't think he says the word, but it does sound horribly distorted/slurred, so it could be either and I can't tell 100%. It's not like I'm a huge AC/DC fan. I never listened to the lyrics and this is the first I've heard of all this silliness. Maybe it's "before my time"...I'm only 31.

THAT SAID...if Stern really thought it was in there, do you really think they would risk letting it in the game? No. Come on. These guys don't even take a risk on a playfield toy without some fool doing a cost-benefit analysis on it. If you're worried about your kids hearing something that may or may not be there, there's one of two things you can do:

1. Don't buy it.

or

2. Don't make a huge deal out of it. Racism is learned behavior. If you act all horrified and offended every time it goes out the speaker, what are they SUPPOSED to think? That they should act all horrified and offended and get pissed off every time that word shows up?

Personally, I think you're completely over-reacting, especially given that you're using "WTF" as your letters on here? Someone might find that offensive too, who knows. I don't, but if you're going to judge something this harshly that's PROBABLY NOT EVEN IN THE GAME, I can make a snap judgement about you based on that, right?

*Edit* Yes, a good set of knockers (physical or software?!) would've been better than Angus' face on the playfield.

#148 11 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

You further proved his point dude. Just calm down bro it's only pinball...

Not talking about pinball!

Quoted from PW79:Stop tilting & PM'ing every person/comment too man.

I have not tilted anyone and pm'd you once and will never again .

Quoted from PW79:

Chill on all the hateful comments in ACDC's honor, they do not care I assure you.

I can agree with this statement.

Quoted from PW79:

Look your game rocks, it just has a few issues & questionable lyrics or enunciation, that's all. Doesn't mean it sucks at all, I said over & over its a cool game.

I don't care what you think about my game,I know what it is .

Quoted from jimjam:

Get a life you piece of shit – it is just a hobby

Thanks !

Quoted from jimjam:

you COCKMASTER

WTF ?

#149 11 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Misheard lyric my ass, you believers are some serious sheep. Baaaa baaaaaa wait till they finish the code baaaaaaa he says ticket just believe baaaaa.

What the hell, dude. You started this thread with a legit gripe about your interpretation of the lyrics. I didn't agree with you, but you seemed level-headed about it. Now you've resorted to this? Not cool and doesn't help your argument. You just seem like a troll basher now.

I still don't buy the slur argument. Doesn't make any sense in the context of the song. My opinion does not make me a sheep... just a guy with an opinion that doesn't match yours.

#150 11 years ago

This video of B_R at Hooters is FRICKEN hilarious!

There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-concerns/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.