I recently aquired my second one, this time a Back in Black , luci's not being around , always regretted selling her..
And it made me look at the playfield window in disgust... luci was clear-ish, but this was awfull.
So I decided to re-clear the field if I failed my experiment , now its fully dimpled and compressed anyway its a good thing to do.
I started sanding away at the clear from the top, as I suspected the vertical markings in the window plastic caused by the rough drum rol sanding all playfields go through. I was right, the further I went, the cloudy clearcoat thinned, and the scratches in the plastic became apparant.
Time to get rough.., so I switched from waterproof paper to 360 grit on my mini sander to speed it up and get deeper into the plastic. Then 500, 800, 1000,1200,1500,2000,2500, 3000 wet sanding, and buffing with paint renovator and polish..
Then unmask, and a result to be happy about.
Anyone brave enough, give it a try..
Ps Pictures are all out of order, but the last should be of the most appropriate polish rag ever !!