• Latest reply 11 years ago by coasterguy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2012-03-03_18.45.12.jpg

#1 11 years ago

I watched Bowen's tutorial on AC/DC and noted how the cannon on the machine he played on shot the ball up the right ramp if he just let it do it's thing (autofire). On my pro, if I let it go, it releases later and hits the lightning target.... Just wondering how it is on everyone elses.

#2 11 years ago

Doesn't shoot up the ramp on mine either on my le. The ball hits the post rubber behind the last T of tnt. I'm thinking thats a designed shot also, wish I could get it working.

#3 11 years ago

Both the premium and the pro I play on location hit the ramp. Are there switches under the playfield that tells the game what position the cannon is in? Optos would be my guess. Similar to the bell.

Can you hit the right ramp with the cannon if you try? Can you hit the lower left A standup/drop target? Those are the most outside shots you should be able to make. I'm guessing both of you will answer yes and no to those questions, although not necessarily in that order. It sounds like one of you are slightly too far clockwise and the other is slightly counterclockwise to where you should be.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I watched Bowen's tutorial on AC/DC and noted how the cannon on the machine he played on shot the ball up the right ramp if he just let it do it's thing (autofire). On my pro, if I let it go, it releases later and hits the lightning target.... Just wondering how it is on everyone elses.

Same here. Mine hits the lightning stand-up target. Not the ramp.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Both the premium and the pro I play on location hit the ramp. Are there switches under the playfield that tells the game what position the cannon is in? Optos would be my guess. Similar to the bell.
Can you hit the right ramp with the cannon if you try? Can you hit the lower left A standup/drop target? Those are the most outside shots you should be able to make. I'm guessing both of you will answer yes and no to those questions, although not necessarily in that order. It sounds like one of you are slightly too far clockwise and the other is slightly counterclockwise to where you should be.

Is the cannon adjustable? I guess I could read the manual lol. Its kind of an unmanly thing to have to read the manual.

My wife "Honey go out and put this swing set together"

Me "Ok"

My wife when im finished "what are all these leftover parts?"

Me "Those are just extras"

#6 11 years ago

Mine hits the ramp but only makes it half way up

#7 11 years ago

Both mine go up the right ramp. Seems your 62/61 switches needs adjusting. OR your cannon mount under playfield has shifted/rotated. Lossen 4 screws on rotate left(looking at buttom), then tighten. GL
2012-03-03_18.45.12.jpg2012-03-03_18.45.12.jpg

#8 11 years ago

My cannon can easily hit the "A" target. So maybe it's a switch problem. I'll take a look at adjusting the cannon later in the week. Curious to see if/how someone solves this problem.

#9 11 years ago

Can't you calibrate it in software?

1 week later
#11 11 years ago

Here's Steve Ritchie's response to me on the subject:

"Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It's the way things worked out, and it's fine with me."

#12 11 years ago

Mine seems to always work for how long we shall see

#13 11 years ago

"Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It's the way things worked out, and it's fine with me."

That seems awfully cavalier? Is it supposed to work or not? His response should have been, its intended to be random if that was the case but it appears they don't give a crap enough to fix it to the way it should work?

I'd love to release a product that sometimes worked and have people pay thousands for it.

Sometimes the radio works in your car, sometimes it doesnt and that's fine with honda. Somehow i don't think that would fly.

#14 11 years ago

Mine fits into that category.

#15 11 years ago

Mine also hits the ramp, and I use this as part of the game strategy

#16 11 years ago

I'll just try to adjust it from under the playfield when I get time and see what that does. I'm guessing its completely stationary from the bottom with no way to adjust.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

That seems awfully cavalier? Is it supposed to work or not? His response should have been, its intended to be random if that was the case but it appears they don't give a crap enough to fix it to the way it should work?

I'd love to release a product that sometimes worked and have people pay thousands for it.

Sometimes the radio works in your car, sometimes it doesnt and that's fine with honda. Somehow i don't think that would fly.

Thanks for your daily bash of AC/DC in every thread you can make one, we get it, move along.

#20 11 years ago

Mine seems to be making the ramp fairly regularly, but sometimes it just doesn't. I don't get upset over it.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Thanks for your daily bash of AC/DC in every thread you can make one, we get it, move along.

The truth hurts doesn't it.

#22 11 years ago

When the cannon shoots the ramp it's not a feature, it's a shot. If the cannon was intended to hit the ramp 100% of the time, the cannon would hit the ramp 100% of the time.

Since it doesn't, it's a risk vs reward scenario just like any other pinball shot. The designer of the game acknowledges this and has made the game what it is around it.

So, what's your issue?

Quoted from Pinchroma:

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

When the cannon shoots the ramp it's not a feature, it's a shot. If the cannon was intended to hit the ramp 100% of the time, the cannon would hit the ramp 100% of the time.
Since it doesn't, it's a risk vs reward scenario just like any other pinball shot. The designer of the game acknowledges this and has made the game what it is around it.
So, what's your issue?

His response is about the people that own the game and cannot hit the right ramp from the cannon at all, Im one of those and it seems that it was designed to happen sometimes and it is impossible on mine. Ive leveled it and have the correct 6.5 pitch and still hits to the left of the ramp to far. I agree with Alex's post.

#24 11 years ago

Mine hits it 100 percent. There are 2 switch under the playfield. One is mechanical that it the end of swing. The other is opto/prox. This is the one that tells it to fire. Step one. Tighten the screws on this opto.

I can try and get some video if you want.

I rarely use this feature anyway. I go for shot or go for the bell.

#25 11 years ago

Seems Pinside is getting very Negative lately. Lots of bashing on pins rather then praising the good. We are lucky pins are still made.

Its just pinball.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Seems Pinside is getting very Negative lately. Lots of bashing on pins rather then praising the good. We are lucky pins are still made.
Its just pinball.

Exactly, we have the same problem in Australia But it is a selected few only sum just enjoy being negitive oh well I'll just enjoy the nice new games.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Mine hits it 100 percent. There are 2 switch under the playfield. One is mechanical that it the end of swing. The other is opto/prox. This is the one that tells it to fire. Step one. Tighten the screws on this opto.
I can try and get some video if you want.
I rarely use this feature anyway. I go for shot or go for the bell.

Sure AV8 if you wanna make a video I'd appreciate it.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Its just pinball.

I agree David Personally I think if you still own the game and want to be upset some features we paid for are not enabled yet thats cool. If you sold the game because you didn't like it just let it go !

#29 11 years ago

Your wrong, it's not. Below your quote is what he quoted and was directly responding to.

Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

His response is about the people that own the game and cannot hit the right ramp from the cannon at all, Im one of those and it seems that it was designed to happen sometimes and it is impossible on mine. Ive leveled it and have the correct 6.5 pitch and still hits to the left of the ramp to far. I agree with Alex's post.

#30 11 years ago

I try and play games the way the designer intends for them to play. Steve just said that whether it auto shoots up the ramp or not does not make a big deal to his design intentions. So, if yours does, great, if not, no big deal....

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

The truth hurts doesn't it.

Yes when it comes from a respectable source instead of a trolling hater it hurts. From you it is the latter. Go away.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Yes when it comes from a respectable source instead of a trolling hater it hurts. From you it is the latter. Go away.

I owned it so i am entitled to my opinion. If i never owned the game or played it and had color commentary you can call me a troll all you want. I paid for it and subsequently had to sell it for being terribly unpolished.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I owned it so i am entitled to my opinion. If i never owned the game or played it and had color commentary you can call me a troll all you want. I paid for it and subsequently had to sell it for being terribly unpolished.

CHANGE your screen name to ALEXLEVYHATESACDC

#34 11 years ago

Something tells me Alexlevy may regret selling it once the code update comes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-cannon-right-ramp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.