Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bbcannon1.jpg
image.jpg
screen-capture-9_copy.jpg
screen-capture-10_copy.jpg
screen-capture-11_copy.jpg
acdc_cannon.pdf (PDF preview)
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

I think the best way to do it is a complete replacement of the whole cannon. That could also solve the cannon double loaded problem that sometimes occurs

#52 11 years ago

I think placing a longer cannon on top with a wheel on the left side would be cool

#53 11 years ago

what about a plastic that looks like a grass hill, dirt mound or flames that just covers the cannon housing and then set up a small replica cannon on top and rig up a led in the front of the cannon for the firing flash with the ball coming out of the mound / flames if you know what I mean. I think it could still be effective for the looks and better than a cheap bent up plastic.

maybe this sort of cannon could be modified (too long to keep the whole carriage) and is already hollow for a led
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/320858057820#ht_5442wt_948

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from bluevegas:

PT said:

If the King could not come up with something better than this...

maybe he did and it was cut out for cost

Not ruling that out. Again, the fact that this game is so immensely popular and a year later no one has put out a mod speaks to my original point that this is easier said than done.

It would be a lot easier if the trademark ACDC cannon was short and fat, but it is not. The mod has to keep within the theme or it is no good.

#55 11 years ago

I think a plastic housing with the long barrel and and a wheel attached with a red led in the barrel would work.

#56 11 years ago

I agree the current cannon sucks. I also agree that it isn't easy coming up with an alternative......
That being said...... Why hasn't anyone done something about the lame "Dancing Band"? Isn't there a better alternative? Maybe an LCD screen programed with a short video similar to the Tron Arcade Mod but with a larger screen?

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from b_koenig:

I agree the current cannon sucks. I also agree that it isn't easy coming up with an alternative......
That being said...... Why hasn't anyone done something about the lame "Dancing Band"? Isn't there a better alternative? Maybe an LCD screen programed with a short video similar to the Tron Arcade Mod but with a larger screen?

I love the dancing band. They move in time with whatever song you're on, and I dunno...it just makes me happy to see them boppin' around...it's simple and cheezy but makes multiball more exciting for me

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I love the dancing band. They move in time with whatever song you're on, and I dunno...it just makes me happy to see them boppin' around...it's simple and cheezy but makes multiball more exciting for me

+1 They are so cheesy they are awesome, it's part of the charm of the game

#59 11 years ago

I too love the cheesy band figures if you want LCD by a WOZ but the music s better on acdc lol

#60 11 years ago

Can you imagine having a lcd playing the rock video of each song. This could be the best pinball mod ever! Lets start a new thread on this one.

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

+1000

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I also love the Dancing Band Members.... They just need a light show to put on their Rock Concert.... I will be adding this mod to the machine soon... it's going to be awesome. Sorry to hi-jack the cannon mod thread.... I can't wait to see what someone comes up with for the cannon....

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Can you imagine having a lcd playing the rock video of each song. This could be the best pinball mod ever! Lets start a new thread on this one.

Love this idea, hope someone can make this happen.

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

I also love the Dancing Band Members.... They just need a light show to put on their Rock Concert.... I will be adding this mod to the machine soon... it's going to be awesome. Sorry to hi-jack the cannon mod thread.... I can't wait to see what someone comes up with for the cannon....

Well, I guess we just wait for hemi's mod. And bump to get a cannon mod!

1 week later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 29.95
$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-cannon-mod/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.