Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bbcannon1.jpg
image.jpg
screen-capture-9_copy.jpg
screen-capture-10_copy.jpg
screen-capture-11_copy.jpg
acdc_cannon.pdf (PDF preview)

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Any body make a cannon mod yet? I figured Back Alley would be all over this. (Hint,Hint). Also who makes the drum and guitar mods?

#2 11 years ago

Still waiting on a cannon mod. Laseriffic I believe makes the guitar and drum mods. I think he is out of the drums now though...

#3 11 years ago

Thanks for the info.

#4 11 years ago

I have a flasher mod kit for the cannon plastic ball diverter and another flasher goes under the cannon itself. I have a YouTube video of it. If anyone is interested in seeing it...

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

I have a flasher mod kit for the cannon plastic ball diverter and another flasher goes under the cannon itself. I have a YouTube video of it. If anyone is interested in seeing it...

Post a link

3 months later
#6 11 years ago

So I finally got my premium and just ordered some great mods still have to order some more like Hemis flashers. I did want to get this thread going again since avengers already has the ugly terrasact mod. Some out there with tallent could make one badd ass canon mod and we all know it would be a hit. What do you guys think?

#7 11 years ago

amazed this has not been done yet as well

#8 11 years ago

Ya, that connon in there is ugly. Someone should make this. I'd get one.

#9 11 years ago

Couldn't someone simply make a thin plastic "skin" to fit over the cannon?
Maybe something that looks like a classic civil war cannon instead?

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Couldn't someone simply make a thin plastic "skin" to fit over the cannon?
Maybe something that looks like a classic civil war cannon instead?

My thoughts exactly, Ive seen you guys make some bad a$$ mods this would be the cherry on top for us Acdc owners.

#11 11 years ago

Thought Matty was working on this one.

#12 11 years ago

I dont know, I did send him a email asking him to make us all one. Once he responds I will update the thread.

#13 11 years ago

I talked to Matt at Expo - he knows all of us want one.

#14 11 years ago

If someone wants to give me dimensions and specs, I could start working on this mod tomorrow. I don't currently own an ACDC, but if someone wants to volunteer with the project by doing some test fitting for me, I can probably have this mod finished in about 2-3 weeks.

#15 11 years ago

Exactly what all measurements do you need? I would volunteer to take the measurements for you and test fit it on my Back in Black game.Even though to be honest I would almost think to make a mod that would work right you would need an ACDC game sitting right beside you to make all kinds of minor adjustments.Because its such a tight fit all around that cannon in the area its in on the playfield.Let me know.Dave

#16 11 years ago

Yeah, I was envisioning a top, and cover on one side only. Unless it can be done another way.

#17 11 years ago

can someone post a hi res photo - closeup of the cannon in loading postion and full extension out when it fires.

a small close up video would be good of the cannon opening and closing to determine design limits.

here some assembly drawings to help and then people can share some dimensions here - no reason why we can't get a few versions up and going like the avengers cubes - like a brain storming sessions for the best result.

Reckon the cover (item 12 page 2 of attachment) be replaced so not too much is being changed. With the video and photos it would be good to see what clearnace is at the back and maybe a dimension of how far surrounding plastics look height wise as you don't want to design something that is longer and then could foul on surrounding plastics.

#18 11 years ago

You guys really rock!

#19 11 years ago

Here is a YouTube video of my machine showing the TNT detonator mod and the cannon mod with the flasher inside the cannon assembly. It you make up a new cover try to allow light to pass through it. I would hate to loose the lighting effects that the factory one has.... I now have 5 different colors to choose from.... red, white, blue, orange, and green. The LEDs glow a lot better then the video shows.

#20 11 years ago

Hemi, I will contacting you very soon about your mods. Can you give me a price for plug in play for your canon mod and tnt mod.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Hemi, I will contacting you very soon about your mods. Can you give me a price for plug in play for your canon mod and tnt mod.

Sounds good.... the plug in kits are $30.00 for the cannon and $25.00 for the TNT shipped. I have a few kits on the shelf ready to be shipped immediately.....

#22 11 years ago

Bump for the morning crowd.

#23 11 years ago

These are the kits that I have on the shelf for immediate delivery:

2 Cannon Kits
1 TNT
2 Base Drum Kits for Laseriffic Add Ons

#24 11 years ago

Looking at the cannon today.Will there be any room at all on the right side for a mod?It looks like the right side of the cannon is right against the clear plastic on that side.Unless you cut part of the plastic back I don't see how you could fit anything else in there.What does everyone else think on this?I hope someone can find a way to make a cannon mod work though.Dave

#25 11 years ago

I haven't looked closely at the cannon (and I don't have my Premium yet), but what about a complete replacement, instead of a cover? That should add some flexibility to the design (but obviously a higher cost).

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Kramer:

Looking at the cannon today.Will there be any room at all on the right side for a mod?It looks like the right side of the cannon is right against the clear plastic on that side.Unless you cut part of the plastic back I don't see how you could fit anything else in there.What does everyone else think on this?I hope someone can find a way to make a cannon mod work though.Dave

I can't imagine anything on the right side. Pretty snug from what I've seen.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Kramer:

Mine almost touches the ramp it's very tight.

#28 11 years ago

ok here is what I was thinking:

it is hard to scale using what exists to make something cover the bracket but have the illusion of a easily recognised cannon without hitting anything.

1 - is the cannon without the cheap plastic
2 - is the cannon with what would be a 3D ABS plastic cannon (rounded not flat on the playfield centre side that will slip over the existing bracket/switch and fasten with the bottom screws
3. - is the cannon 3D fixture with screw on wagon wheels as a option by the user

It would have breather holes where possible (to let out any potential heat) and a led for a wick and flash when shot at the top back would be cool

I know this doesn't look great but CAD is more my skill.

interested to here thoughts from AC/DC owners - YES, NO, Changes.

screen-capture-11_copy.jpgscreen-capture-11_copy.jpg screen-capture-10_copy.jpgscreen-capture-10_copy.jpg screen-capture-9_copy.jpgscreen-capture-9_copy.jpg

#29 11 years ago

I like the one with the wheel.

#30 11 years ago

It would be cool to extend the barrel out. I dont know if it could be done. I will find a pic of what im talking about.

#31 11 years ago

Heres a pic

image.jpgimage.jpg

#32 11 years ago

That is certainly what should have been there in the first place.
Now we are going to have to remove the right wheel and worry about the glass height and mounting.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

That is certainly what should have been there in the first place.
Now we are going to have to remove the right wheel and worry about the glass height and mounting.

The camera view is looking up and this is just a concept, the wheel can be smaller as well

Quoted from shovelhed:

It would be cool to extend the barrel out. I dont know if it could be done. I will find a pic of what im talking about.

If the barrel was longer it will foul with the ramp but I know what you mean.

I don't have a AC/DC machine with me but have played and always thought it needed something

#34 11 years ago

That wheel is clearly above the glass. Be Careful.

#35 11 years ago

Ok the wheel needs to move and puff steam with a lit fuse. Im goofing - good luck.

#36 11 years ago

it is a perspective thing as the wheel in the is about 40mm - yes scale down a bit and hear where you are coming from.

The other option is, no wheel and have just the cannon but possibly extend the cannon so the left side and top extend over the in feed ramp to give that longer perspective - just worried about mechanism over balance though - but 3D printing will not have much weight to it

just bashing out ideas

#38 11 years ago

It better be a fully functional cannon.

#39 11 years ago

I like where this is going... the cannon on my ACDC premuim is begging for a much cooler look.

Thanks for this!

#40 11 years ago

Kerry, I am utilizing every resource I know of. We have so many talented pinheads, on pinside keep the thread alive.

#41 11 years ago

If someone produces a great mod, they will sell 100's of them.

#42 11 years ago

I like where your wheeled cannon in the cad drawing may be headed.
For me, a simple improvement would be round, and brass coloured.
It wouldn't take much to improve what's there now.
Worst case: replacement plastics for the side and top that look much more cannon-like.

#43 11 years ago

yeah the idea is the graphic would be rounded on top and the left side to replicate a cannon but straight down on the right side so not to foul with anything. The wheel could be scaled down a little and only be onh the left side. The ABS plastic could be painted a brass effect and wheel a brown and LED planted somewhere hidden for a flash when the ball fired.

For me I don't have a machine so I would need a assembly and cover which is going to cost $250 and about 4 weeks wait. Keen to go down the path but if people don't like the scale of it it changes the direction of what to do. But also I am happy to let someone jump on and take over that has a machine and do it just let me know so I am not wasting time and money.

#44 11 years ago

here is a thread on a Aussie forum that I started to see if there was interest - with photos and video of just the cannon movement.

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=9965.0

#45 11 years ago

Any more update or fresh Ideas?

#46 11 years ago

bump for a great topic

#47 11 years ago

Why has this not been done??!!!!

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Why has this not been done??!!!!

The simple answer is that it is easier said than done. I spent a long time scratching my head on this one after I got my ACDC. The trademark ACDC cannon is long and skinny. In order to have a cannon big enough for the ball to emerge from within, the cannon would be a foot long! This leaves us with a graphic on a plastic as Stern did or just a small cannon stuck on top that is nowhere near the scale of a cannon that could hold a pinball. You know Steve Ritchie must have agonized over this while designing this game. If the King could not come up with something better than this...

#49 11 years ago

Couldn't it be a tubby cartoon cannon?

Steel - but room for ball to go through it?

http://www.coolthings.com/pocket-artillery-cannon/

bbcannon1.jpgbbcannon1.jpg

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

If the King could not come up with something better than this...

maybe he did and it was cut out for cost

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-cannon-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.