(Topic ID: 213596)

AC/DC Cannon Help

By ncsujeff

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Have the Luci Vault. The Fire button works to launch the ball, but does not for the Cannon. The machine keeps telling me to "use the fire button next time", even though I pushed it as the Cannon swings out. The ball does fire from the Cannon.

#2 6 years ago

Anything turned off or changed in settings ?

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

Don't think so. I have not changed any. I assume there is an easy way to set it back to factory.

I did have the machine apart installing plastic protectors.

There is a roll over switch that is broken on the left ball return. Came that way. I think the cannon sheared off the switch terminal at Stern. Stern sent me a replacement switch, but they sent the left switch instead of the right. Will call them again on Monday.

#4 6 years ago

Anyone have any ideas?

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from ncsujeff:

I did have the machine apart installing plastic protectors.

Maybe here’s the clue. 9/10 it’s a switch issue, maybe something you did while doing this job.

Sounds to me like the machine doesn’t know the ball is sitting in the cannon.

Put the machine into switch edge test and follow the ball path along the ramp and into the cannon, triggering the switches as you go. When you get to the one that isn’t registering, you’ve found the problem.

rd

#6 6 years ago

Switches are all working, except for the broken roll over R ball return. The cannon fires when you push the button, the machine just says “Use the fire button next time”. Is it somehow related to the broken switch?

#7 6 years ago

Cleaned the optical for the cannon swing per a pinside member’s suggestion. Works like a champ now. You guys are awesome.

#8 6 years ago

The code, due to an early exploit, will not allow you to fire the cannon until the cannon has passed a certain position left of the right ramp. It's not the cannon ball switch or the fire button that's your problem, but that the game couldn't sense the canon position due a dirty or failed opto that the motor cam passes through under the playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

16,500 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-cannon-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.