(Topic ID: 77736)

ACDC Cannon firing by its self when loaded?

By thefoxxman

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by coz6
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Having an issue with our ACDC Pro where when you load the cannon, it begins to swing, and it will automatically fire it, just after it leaves the home position. Ritchie berates me and says" Next time use the fire button, stupid!" - to which my reply is "You didn't give me a chance, dumba**!!"

95% of the time it will do the same thing as above - but occasionally, it will work normally where it will wait for you to use the fire button to shoot.

I have checked the Fire button in test, and it seems just fine, as does the switch that detects the ball in the cannon.

It's got me puzzled - any ideas?

#2 10 years ago

Had the same problem, had to adjust the switch under the cannon.

#3 10 years ago

AH - okay.. Never thought it could be THAT switch! Thanks - will try it out!

#4 10 years ago

Just use a screwdriver to tighten the screws on the cannon switch. Mine did that too. Solve the problem and came back after a few hundred games. I guess it's the shaker motor and way to much bass from both fidelity kit and external sub. I suspect all these vibrations loose the screws a bit but hey bass is staying

2 weeks later
#5 10 years ago

What switch are you talking about exactly? Is it a switch under the playfield? I'm having the same issue with my ACDC premium. Just started acting up today, cannon auto fires itself 50% of the time, give or take.

#6 10 years ago

Before you guys adjust the switch blindly, you should go into the switch test and verify the switch or run the canon test and see if/when its being triggered. It's not good advice to jump right to adjusting something.

The switches in question are underneath the cannon I believe. It's there to tell the cannon not to fire too soon.

#7 10 years ago

I tightened the two screws for switch 61 (cannon home) as they were loose. The problem got a little better, but did not go away. I loosened them a hair, adjusted the angle of the cherry switch itself (as there is a little play) and it seems be working normal now. Switch 62 is the opto that the cannon mech blade swings through. Both 61 and 62 were working fine in the switch test prior to me adjusting #61. The cannon was firing as soon as it was lined up with the bell shot, which in switch test is exactly when the blade cuts the opto for #62.

If you don't fire the cannon, it will auto fire on it's way "home", right after the blade exits the opto? I'm just trying to figure out what could cause this behavior to begin with. Is it a problem with #61, #62, or a combo of both?

#8 10 years ago

It's a manual switch adjustment. Keep "playing" with it and you'll get it right. Don't think its the opto based on what you are describing. Shaker and sub woofer can loosen up whole bunch of stuff!

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's a manual switch adjustment. Keep "playing" with it and you'll get it right. Don't think its the opto based on what you are describing. Shaker and sub woofer can loosen up whole bunch of stuff!

My opinion also. Be patient try and test. You cannot do anything wrong if you are methodical with this.

1 month later
#10 10 years ago

Well, the issue came back again last night. It's auto-firing at least 50% of the time, if not more. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for it. Sometimes it will auto fire a few times, work fine for multiple shots, auto fire again, work fine, etc. Is it possible that the switch for the cannon (#61 Cannon Home) is flaky? Also, I saw that the screws for that switch were already slightly stripped, would a Ace Hardware or similar place sell screws that small, or would it be some sort of special order through Stern or other pinball parts shop?

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Well, the issue came back again last night. It's auto-firing at least 50% of the time, if not more. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for it. Sometimes it will auto fire a few times, work fine for multiple shots, auto fire again, work fine, etc. Is it possible that the switch for the cannon (#61 Cannon Home) is flaky? Also, I saw that the screws for that switch were already slightly stripped, would a Ace Hardware or similar place sell screws that small, or would it be some sort of special order through Stern or other pinball parts shop?

Just solved this issue myself - the screws were actually coming loose that held the assembly in. Tightened them up and it was resolved again.

#12 10 years ago

Are you talking about the two screws that go through the cherry switch? They are held by two small nuts (insert joke here) above the switch?

#13 10 years ago

No the cannon assembly itself. The screws that hold it into the playfield backed out a bit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
16,500 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-cannon-firing-by-its-self-when-loaded and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.