photo_mod_3.JPG
photo_mod_2.JPG
photo_mod_1.JPG
IMG_4112_(1280x956).jpg
IMG_0818.JPG
fire1.jpg
Whiney.jpg
pouting.JPG
There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 11 years ago

Gday lads, my ball get stuck too.

Quoted from Gorgar1:My canon plunger doesn't seem long enough to add a rubber tip, is mine a normal size?
I actually asked my missus that tonight and she laughed politely. So I gather there are two fixes for this two ball cannon problem. Jims fix chucks the spare ball into the play field and Hobys lets it go down the lane. I can't believe SR and co missed this so I'm thinking they think two balls and a cannon is a funny idea?
Are they watching to see what we will do before they bring out the "BIG FIX' - a plastic moulded cannon(that looks like a cannon, not an outback dunny) that actually loads TWO BALLS and fires them simulaneously just like Bon Scott would have done? Thanks for the fixes fellas, not sure what to do yet but I'll have to do something cos two balls keep loading my cannon and I dont want to blow my motor.

#202 11 years ago

Yah, clean and wax. They are recommending Novus #2 to clean. They specifically state you need to wax, just because they don't mention a specific type of wax doesn't mean they think Novus #2 is a wax.

They didn't clarify that because it's pretty obvious, Novus #2 isn't wax.

Quoted from phishrace:

The only 'wax' Stern recommends is Novus wax #2. Look at your paperwork again. That's what comes with their optional cleaning kit. If you don't have the paperwork any more, search their site and you'll find that the only reference to wax is Novus 2. No car wax, no carnuba, just Novus.

Here's a page specifically for location maintenance that says:

"Clean and wax the playfield (use Novus #2 plastic polish)."

#203 11 years ago

Man what sort of A&$hole actually goes and deletes all his text out of his posts?

#204 11 years ago

This problem can be fixed through software. They could always shorten the amount of time the diverter goes down so the second ball doesn't get diverted at all.

If that's isn't possible because it won't work if two balls are literally right next to each other, they could use the right ramp entrance switch, when triggered twice in quick succesion during a multi ball the diverter doesn't go down at all and just awards a certain amount of points to make up for it.

It's not ideal, but it only happens once in a blue moon and is better than burning up cannon motors or potentially damaging ramps.

Brilliant post. I'm on pins and needles waiting for your next nugget of wisdom.

Quoted from markmon:

Man what sort of A&$hole actually goes and deletes all his text out of his posts?

#205 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

It appears that the mods deleted some of our posts last night.

#206 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It appears that the mods deleted some of our posts last night.

NO it wasnt the mods. Honda (Jim) went through both his threads and blanked out all his data from them so that no one can benefit from his post anymore because he is made someone badmouthed the way he cut his ramp in his machine rather than removing it first.

#207 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

NO it wasnt the mods. Honda (Jim) went through both his threads and blanked out all his data from them so that no one can benefit from his post anymore because he is made someone badmouthed the way he cut his ramp in his machine rather than removing it first.

I know, but another poster, EMc, had chimed in last night and started trash talking RobT and I for earlier comments about Honda's deletions and now those posts are also totally deleted.
I suggested that EMc may be Honda so maybe the mods found out I was right and removed him from Pinside.
It would be nice if at least the moderator sent a PM to the posters involved.

#208 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I know, but another poster, EMc, had chimed in last night and started trash talking RobT and I for earlier comments about Honda's deleteions and now those posts are also totally deleted.
I suggested that EMc may be Honda so maybe the mods found out I was right and removed him from Pinside.

Hopefully Honda is removed from pinside also. That behavior is unwelcomed. People should be sharing information. In fact, once posted here, the content is actually the property of pinside. The mods should revert the original text and delete the user for this behavior.

#209 11 years ago

Please mods close this topic. Its worthless at this point. Calling someone an a$$hole is not helping anything here. Its just plain stupid to judge people you don't know on the internet.

Post edited by absocountry2 : Profanity edited

#210 11 years ago

Doubtful. Jim left and seemed happy doing so. For him to come right back would be extremely childish, he might have flown off the handle a bit but he's been around a while and that's not his MO.

Quoted from DCFAN:

#211 11 years ago

I want to know what's everyone deal with "Close this thread" cries? If you don't like the thread....keep on clickin'. Why beg the mods to close it? As soon as this site begins being ruled with an iron fist is when folks will start leaving.......it IS a discussion forum.

This thread has already shown 2 (until the first one was deleted) fixes for a problem that all AC/DC owners could have. Who is to say another fix won't surface?

#213 11 years ago

Wow,
Just woke up. This is out of control. And who is Mods????? I'm sorry I ever posted and tried to help out. Back to rec games

Hobbs

#214 11 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Wow,
Just woke up. This is out of control. And who is Mods????? I'm sorry I ever posted and tried to help out. Back to rec games
Hobbs

moderators

#215 11 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Wow,
Hobbs

#216 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Hopefully Honda is removed from pinside also. That behavior is unwelcomed. People should be sharing information. In fact, once posted here, the content is actually the property of pinside. The mods should revert the original text and delete the user for this behavior.

Then why even give the user the option to delete.

NO, you should NOT remove somebody because they don't want to share their information. I wish he wouldn't have done it, but he did as it was his posts.

Quoted from DCFAN:

Not cool. If it is not true, then you really owe an apology. Big time.

#217 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Not cool. If it is not true, then you really owe an apology. Big time.

The whole thing is out of context without the original text that was obviously erased by a moderator.

#218 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The whole thing is out of context without the original text that was obviously erased by a moderator.

I just talked to him and it was not him.

You accused somebody of creating another account to post and they didn't. I don't care why you did what you did, you were wrong and should apologize for it.

#219 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

I just talked to him and it was not him.
You accused somebody of creating another account to post and they didn't. I don't care why you did what you did, you were wrong and should apologize for it.

Like i said the context is lost. I was attacked and that is deleted along with my responses.

I am glad people figured out how to fix the problems with the game.

#220 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Like i said the context is lost. I was attacked and that is deleted along with my responses.

I read the posts. You and this EMC were going back and forth and you stated that it was Jim who had created another account to post. It wasn't.

So instead of admitting you that should not of accused somebody of creating false accounts, you are justifying it.

Sorry EMC and you had a tiff, like I said, not cool what you did.

#221 11 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

...just because they don't mention a specific type of wax doesn't mean they think Novus #2 is a wax.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=%22novus+wax+%232%22&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sternpinball.com%2F

22 hits on "Novus wax #2" on their site. Don't believe me, look at their site. You won't find any other types of 'wax' listed on their site.

It kills me that all the new folks are coming into the hobby are making their games harder as soon as they get it out of the box. Wax, white rubbers and protectors all make your game harder. If you're new to the hobby, why on earth would you want to make your first NIB game harder? Because everyone on the internet says you should? Bad idea.

If you can't resist the temptation to install one or more of those things, at least play a hundred or so games without them so you understand what the game designer was going for. Sorry to go on an off topic rant, but this thread looks like it went astray long before I got here.

#222 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

I read the posts. You and this EMC were going back and forth and you stated that it was Jim who had created another account to post. It wasn't.
So instead of admitting you that should not of accused somebody of creating false accounts, you are justifying it.
Sorry EMC and you had a tiff, like I said, not cool what you did.

I don't remember everything that was said last night, but if you look at EMc's post history almost everything is related to Jim and his work or posts. Either he is Jim or he needs to get more interests than obsessing over one poster.

Also, i certainly would not have said anything if I was not atacked first. I am also owed an apology but I will not hold my breath.

#223 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I don't remember everything that was said last night, but if you look at EMc's post history almost everything is related to Jim and his work or posts. Either he is Jim or he needs to get more interests than obsessing over one poster.

Don't care what you have, NOT JIM. Posters are not from the same city, and I'm sure they have different IP addresses. That doesn't mean that it is somebody that is close to Jim, but it is not him.

Quoted from DCFAN:

Also, i certainly would not have said anything if I was not atacked first. I am also owed an apology but I will not hold my breath.

Not much else to say here. Not going to change your mind about spreading rumors.

You don't deserve to be attacked, I am sorry somebody did that to you.

Jim doesn't deserve to have somebody say he created an account, and I am sorry you did that to him.

#224 11 years ago

What I said was "Welcome back Jim ".

Take that for whatever you want it to mean. I never stated, that I can recall, that it was in fact Jim.
I was merely implying that the person (EMc) sounded like Jim thus could be him (i.e. a suggestion not a statement of fact).

#225 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

(i.e. a suggestion not a statement of fact).

Quoted from jimjim66:

Not going to change your mind about spreading rumors.

I get it. You were not saying EMC was Jim, you were just starting a rumor it was and following up with another conjectural rumor that the moderators deleted the posts for that reason.

#226 11 years ago

Time for us to all move on.

I spoke to Jim personally on the phone. Jim said a few harsh things to me on the phone that I deserved, and I gave him my reasoning for saying some of the things that I did in this thread. We've always had a mutual respect for each other, even though we've had plenty of disagreements. That's why I was surprised that he deleted posts, and it is also why he was surprised and disappointed that I basically "piled on" in this thread. There were things that I was not aware of that led up to this. Basically I have a much better understanding of why Jim did what he did. I still don't agree with what he did in deleting the posts (and I told him that), but at least now I understand where he was coming from and I'm less surprised by it now.

There was also plenty of miscommunication/misinterpretations of things that were said by others too, and I believe that that has been addressed.

Now I have to hope Jim doesn't kick my ass for posting publicly about our conversation.

#227 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Time for us to all move on.

+100

#228 11 years ago

No I was making the point that EMc sounded like Jim. Why does anybody need to defend Jim. He is a grown adult. Let him do it for himself whether it be say what he wants to or do what he wants as he has done by deleting his posts in this thread.

Now let us either get back to discussing the fixes for the machine or let the thread die.

#229 11 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

For the record I didn't say it was a hack, Jim is not a hack and neither is his fix.
Stern should have caught this in test and done what Jim did at the factory or made the coil adjustable so you could move it forward.
Another example of Stern pushing games out the door with the fix it later sales model.
I was just bustin' his balls for doing the work with the ramp in the game.
If I was in the shop with him we probably would have laughed about it, it comes off different in a public forum.
Hobbs posted a fix, quick and easy and it works but quick and easy doesn't always mean the best way.
I would rather have the ball against the armature that is concave and have a fail safe fix, if I had the game I would do what Jim did I would just have pulled the ramp to do it.
I didn't mean to cause this shitstorm with the cave comment and apologized to Jim for making it, that is all I can do.

Just thought this post was worth repeating.

#230 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

No I was making the point that EMc sounded like Jim. Why does anybody need to defend Jim. He is a grown adult. Let him do it for himself whether it be say what he wants to or do what he wants as he has done by deleting his posts in this thread.
Now either get back to discussing the fixes for the machine or let the thread die.

Let's just move on and forget the whole thing....

#231 11 years ago

One other point on a personal side. Jim, I personally would like to ask you to come back to the Pinside. I don't want to see anybody leave that has constructive posts.

#233 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

One other point on a personal side. Jim, I personally would like to ask you to come back to the Pinside. I don't want to see anybody leave that has constructive posts.

I agree. He never said that he was going to stop posting at Pinside, and he has no intention of doing so.

#234 11 years ago

It's all good people...Shit happens

#235 11 years ago

I also would like to see Jim back. I have never met him, but have read enough of his posts and have friends he has restored machines for and he is top notch in my book. Shit happens! We all fly once in awile and thats called "being human".

#236 11 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Shit happens! We all fly once in awile and thats called "being human"

It was a joke and yes "shit happens"

#237 11 years ago

Hope everyone has chilled out a bit. Hope Jim sticks around. I just tweaked AC DC myself. I had to dremmel out the right ramp as my cannon was getting stuck open. The motor would stop if it even touched the ramp. Once I did that it is fine now. It seems some right ramps are tightened a little with a pull toward the cannon and some are not. I also did the shooter tip on the cannon to make the space better. PERFECT! Thanks for the tips guys. Printed the pinballhead cards and wiped her down. Amazing game. I absolutely love it. It will be great next to wolverine I suspect. Have a good weekend guys and gals.

#238 11 years ago

Realizing I am very late to this thread. The issue I am having now is that the shooter tip actually makes the ball bounce back just enough to get stuck between the ramp and the cannon then the cannon moves and the ball gets dropped. I am not sure what I should do, I don't really want to dremmel that part of the ramp. Any ideas? anyone else having this happen with the shooter tip being installed? Thanks

#239 11 years ago

Kinda of talking to myself here but.
Thanks to Jim (honda 350) for the phone call today. He let me know what he did to fix the canon ball back up problem and it works Perfectly. It does not look bad at all. Stern should do this to the ramps for every new game made from now on. I tried the shooter tip and it made the ball bounce up and get wedged in the gap between the ramp and the canon.
I also re routed that ugly train wire. Was mine the only one where the train wire was hanging there looking bad. All you need to do is unclip it underneath pull it out from above and direct under and behind the train to the other square hole in the playfield. takes a couple tries. I did not have to take apart anything. To plug it in underneath you just have to pull some wire length out of sterns cable tie so the new connection will reach. Easy breezy...
Here are some pics from today.

IMG_0602.JPGIMG_0602.JPG IMG_06040000.JPGIMG_06040000.JPG

#240 11 years ago

And the train wire looks way better now.

IMG_06050000.JPGIMG_06050000.JPG IMG_06060000.JPGIMG_06060000.JPG IMG_06070000.JPGIMG_06070000.JPG

#241 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

The issue I am having now is that the shooter tip actually makes the ball bounce back just enough to get stuck between the ramp and the cannon then the cannon moves and the ball gets dropped. I am not sure what I should do, I don't really want to dremmel that part of the ramp. Any ideas? anyone else having this happen with the shooter tip being installed? Thanks

Yes, I meant to revisit this thread and report my results ...

I tried the shooter tip mod and unfortunately it wasnt successful on my machine. As with coasterguy, the added length on the shaft (cough cough) makes the ball fall forward into the cannon groove when it rotates, and the ball falls out. My machine is perfectly levelled too. I think the success of this mod will vary from machine to machine. The tip mod certainly stopped the jam, the first test game I had I had two balls in the cannon and the mod worked well. So I think it is worth trying, if it works on your machine it is a cheap, easy fix.

So I also will be going down the Jim Mod route. As per Coasterguys pics above, I calculate that there will only need to be a small curve cut into the ramp, and the problem will be solved forever.

Neato!
Dave.

#242 11 years ago

I got the game today and took a shooter tip and cut it. Worked great.
Also put a clear lexan washer under the ramp it worked great.

#243 11 years ago

There seems to be a lot of THIS going around lately:

It's bad when a seemingly helpful post can turn into such a total disaster. I guess its true, a few apples can ruin the bunch. Pretty sad IMHO....

#244 11 years ago

I agree. The shooter tip worked great for me, but I would guess that everybody's cannon and ramp are going to be slightly different.
Even as tight as the shooter tip fits, mine finally started working its way loose.
I only noticed because a single ball went into the cannon and could not press the rollover switch.
I had to open it up and press it back in place.
I am waiting to see what Steve or Stern comes up with to fix this problem before I do anything that is not reversible to my machine.

#245 11 years ago

Once you dremmel out a small curve in the left side of the ramp you will never think about it again. It looks fine. Nobody would ever guess its not supposed to be there.

#246 11 years ago

I emailed Steve and he was going to check into this . I told him about the tip idea I can up with, but I think a cap machined from delron extending the plunger to an exact 3/16 inch longer would be ideal or a new plunger.I have had no problems with my cap but I would like to see what Stern comes up with.

Hobbs

#247 11 years ago

Ideally, I hope they fix this with the software...

#248 11 years ago

My method - Didnt have a plunger tip so used a 10mm circle punched from 3mm rubber sheet and stuck on with strong double-sided tape.(thought about using a cue tip but didn't have one). It's working well. The secondary ball bumps the welded wire on the side of the cannon but I don't think it happens often enough to worry about. Same materials to hold the ramp a bit higher.

Tip.jpgTip.jpg RampLift.jpgRampLift.jpg

#249 11 years ago

My friend did the shooter tip fix and his worked loose as well. After all is said and done, Jim's fix was the right way to go.

Quoted from Arcade:

Even as tight as the shooter tip fits, mine finally started working its way loose.

#250 11 years ago

JIM JIM JIM JIM

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 12.95
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-cannon-double-ball-load-fix-and-band-fix-for-premiumle/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.