photo_mod_3.JPG
photo_mod_2.JPG
photo_mod_1.JPG
IMG_4112_(1280x956).jpg
IMG_0818.JPG
fire1.jpg
Whiney.jpg
pouting.JPG
There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 11 years ago

Stern coverup?

In before the lock?

#52 11 years ago

I also see a bunch of blank posts.

#53 11 years ago

I thought it was obvious Honda erased all his own posts.

Shouldn't be a lock as some people are throwing out some really good info to fix a problem.

#54 11 years ago

Screw you guys, I'm going home

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

:Looks like a little meltdown

honda350r said:
I am officially done sharing any idea with the pinside pinball group !!

Oh, is it ok to say bad things about both AC/DC the band and the pinball machine now?

I kiid, I kiid! I kinda like the game, other than the fact that it's a bit derivative...

#56 11 years ago

Who cares!! Just like what he would say.

#57 11 years ago

honda350r said:

pouting.JPGpouting.JPG

#58 11 years ago

These are both great solutions.
Not sure why Honda got upset, unless it was the cave comment.
It's not like he was making people drimmel their ramps. It was just way to fix a game flaw.

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

honda350r said:

Good lord, tell me you are kidding.

Fucking grow a pair Jim! Jesus Christ. Talk about someone who can dish it out but can't take it!

#60 11 years ago

The cave comment wasn't really needed, especially since it was a skillful fix. Both solutions presented in the thread are great, actually.

#61 11 years ago

What happened to the topic of this thread?

#62 11 years ago

Looks like somebody took their ball and went home

#63 11 years ago

I am always surprised when someone that makes money in this hobby goes off on forums like pinside. I would be very hesitant to do business with someone that shows such emotions on a regular basis.

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The cave comment wasn't really needed, especially since it was a skillful fix. Both solutions presented in the thread are great, actually.

I agree the cave comment wasn't really necessary, but man, talk about over reacting.

#65 11 years ago

I guess he is a "restorer" of games (?) so maybe it hit him a bit deep, no idea.

#66 11 years ago

WTH? This thread is a weird read. Guess this is what I get for not checking in this morning

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I am always surprised when someone that makes money in this hobby goes off on forums like pinside. I would be very hesitant to do business with someone that shows such emotions on a regular basis.

Everybody is allowed a bad day here and there. If Jim pops his head in here any time in the future, I hope people would just forget about this little dust up.

I've actually seen Jim's work firsthand. The guy is meticulous and does incredible work. He wouldn't share a mod or tip around here if he didn't feel like it was an elegant solution to a problem, so the cave comment probably just burned at his edges a little too hot.

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Good lord, tell me you are kidding.
Fucking grow a pair Jim! Jesus Christ. Talk about someone who can dish it out but can't take it!

+1,Who the heck needs those ideas

#69 11 years ago

I think what it comes down to is the guy took the time to figure this out and share it with people whom may have never been able to figure this out for themselves and someone has to go and talk shit. Its disheartening to try to help people and constantly have scertain assholes chime in and naysay shit. Its really annoying.

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Its disheartening to try to help people and constantly have scertain assholes chime in and naysay shit. Its really annoying.

I didn't think it was that bad at all. He said it was a little ghetto, and then said it was a good mod. I guess that goes in the "aholes naysaying annoying s!$t" file.

Post edited by absocountry2 : Profanity edited

#71 11 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Its disheartening to try to help people and constantly have scertain assholes chime in and naysay shit

Most of the posts are positive and thankful.

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I think what it comes down to is the guy took the time to figure this out and share it with people whom may have never been able to figure this out for themselves and someone has to go and talk shit. Its disheartening to try to help people and constantly have scertain assholes chime in and naysay shit. Its really annoying.

It was a business he was running and show off what can be done,Gaining some customers thats all

#73 11 years ago

When little s$!t starts to get on my nerves I think about real problems like 9/11 type stuff or ...cancer or ...global warming. In St. Louis they are predicting 115 F and people are starting to die from the heat. Then the little stuff seems to be not such a big deal.

Post edited by absocountry2 : Profanity edited

#74 11 years ago

I guess I didn't read good enough because half the stuff is erased. Sorry I chimed in without knowing all the facts. Carry On. I will say this though. There isn't much anyone could say on here that would bother me or make me go away.

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

...I think about real problems like 9/11 type stuff or ...cancer or ...global warming.

It's global climate change douchebag....welcome to 8 years ago! Haha just kidding man Just lightening the mood. I'll buy you a gooey butter cake next time I'm in StL!

#76 11 years ago

Whiney.jpgWhiney.jpg

#77 11 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

When little shit starts to get on my nerves I think about real problems like 9/11 type stuff or ...cancer or ...global warming. In St. Louis they are predicting 115 F and people are starting to die from the heat.

Good points. Just to put this hobby in perspective, in 2008 my dad died from lung cancer at 71 and he was a non smoker. In 2010 my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer and survived after mastectomy. In 2012 my brother was diagnosed with a very rare skin cancer that gave him about 50% chance. So far they think he has miraculously beat it.

Just puts things like pinball chat into perspective.

#78 11 years ago

I think it was a 1 - 2 punch.

1...he didn't like someone not loving his fix. tracelifter just mentioned that he thought the fix was cave (primitive) and he would want to pull the ramp before doing the grinding. He also mentioned that he thought it was a nice fix....and later apologised for the comment.

2...someone then come up with a much simpler and better (I would guess in most everyones opinion) fix to the issue. I know I wouldn't have been all over the original fix, because I don't like the idea of taking a grinder to a new ramp. I'm also thinking if someone did take a grinder to their ramp they are now wishing they would have not done it considering that a shooter tip is a much less drastic measure. YMMV.

#79 11 years ago

This place has changed. There's a lot of hostility. I don't remember Pinside being like this. People used to be able to disagree without things getting really nasty and people acting like children.

#80 11 years ago

Well, Jim's favorite word was always "Who cares"

And Pinside was just his place to hang out

#81 11 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

+1,Who the heck needs those ideas

Um, Really. Okay I'll answer that question. People that were calling Stern because their machines were not working the way they should. Did you look at the beginning of the thread.

Quoted from Squeakman:

+1 I really agree. People have other solutions is great and adds to the hobby. There are more than one way to skin a cat. Calling the OP solution to a problem CAVE is going to get people that have skills to stop posting.

#82 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Did you look at the beginning of the thread.

Hard to because he erased most all of it

#83 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Um, Really. Okay I'll answer that question. People that were calling Stern because their machines were not working the way they should. Did you look at the beginning of the thread.

Jim is deleting his posts that's what I was refering to.

#84 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's global climate change douchebag....welcome to 8 years ago

Feels like warming here.

#85 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

This place has changed. There's a lot of hostility. I don't remember Pinside being like this. People used to be able to disagree without things getting really nasty and people acting like children.

+1

#86 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

going to get people that have skills to stop posting.

Nah,Those skills he was doing are not easily done by/for everyone.

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

+1 I really agree. People have other solutions is great and adds to the hobby. There are more than one way to skin a cat. Calling the OP solution to a problem CAVE is going to get people that have skills to stop posting.

Then those people need to grow some thicker skin.

The ultimate irony here is that we are talking about Jim. The guy can criticize the crap out of a person if they don't agree with his opinion, then someone criticizes him for something and he takes his ball and goes home.

Jim obviously adds a lot to pinside when he posts his helpful tips, videos, etc, and he is quite talented when it comes to restoration work, but he can also be abrasive. It doesn't bother me (I've got thick skin and I know some might consider me abrasive at times as well), but what does bother me is hypocrisy, and I will harp on that every time I see it.

#88 11 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Feels like warming here.

Well that completes the scientific method.

#89 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hard to because he erased most all of it

I know your kidding, but I'm talking about some of the posters like Smassa and Arcade who were appreciative. I also think it is great another solution was brought forward, all of these are great for pinball. That is what these types of threads are for.

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

I know your kidding, but I'm talking about some of the posters like Smassa and Arcade who were appreciative. I also think it is great another solution was brought forward, all of these are great for pinball. That is what these types of threads are for.

Well, What was the thread about anyways?Someone just disagreed and he got mad and starting deleting his posts? BD did the same thing awhile back.

#91 11 years ago

I think with the element of childish wonder that comes with guys who love pinball, you also get some level of emotional immaturity. I certainly have some myself even though I'm in my 40s. But I agree with RobT, you've just got to be a little more able to take some shots and let it roll off your back. It seems to be happening much much more lately on Pinside than ever before, guys taking shit too seriously and flaming up, getting pissed off and overreacting. I work in a parts department for my day job and if I took every customer's comment personally I would have started shooting long, long ago. In a galaxy far, far, ... no that's not it I'm rambling now. I'm blaming the Bacardi

#92 11 years ago
Quoted from lonnkor:

I'm blaming the Bacardi

Hahaha!!! Yeah sure always blame it on the booze.

#93 11 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Nah,Those skills he was doing are not easily done by/for everyone.

True. But they would help some people who do have the skill, plus his post did bring attention to a problem that there seems to be a fix for people who don't have those skills.

Don't understand your "Nah".

#94 11 years ago

RGP has been a nicer place for the last several weeks. Here, even fix-it threads get negative commentary. Seriously, now there is a negative post in every thread these days. As recently as 10 weeks ago it was not that way. What the hell happened??

#95 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

I also think it is great another solution was brought forward, all of these are great for pinball. That is what these types of threads are for.

I totally agree with you but you get what you put out. Maybe if it was a little less abrasive person the response may have been a little less abrasive. Of course I don't know all the players involved so I have no idea. If someone told me I fixed things like a caveman, I would probably just agree, because a lot of times i do. But I'm no expert either.

Quoted from lonnkor:

I think with the element of childish wonder that comes with guys who love pinball, you also get some level of emotional immaturity.

The gods chiseled this on Mt. Pinball eons before we were born.

#96 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well that completes the scientific method

FYI, its getting warmer just check the ice caps but, I am not inferring its CO2 it could be anything from the Higgs Boson particles the stupid scientists are stirring up in France/Switzerland or the Mayan gods returning this December are using a martian hot plate to warm the earth prior to their return. They like it very tropical

#97 11 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Hahaha!!! Yeah sure always blame it on the booze.

Yeah well I'm sure that's why I just put the top ramp back on before I remembered to put the plastic back on under it dammit

#98 11 years ago

When little s&!t starts to get on my nerves I think about real problems

Yep, like my brother's house in CO:

fire1.jpgfire1.jpg

#99 11 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

What the hell happened??

Temp is up, prices are up, tensions are up!

#100 11 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Yep, like my brother's house in CO

Eric, now that really is a bummer. Those poor families! I assume no one was hurt...right?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

16,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-cannon-double-ball-load-fix-and-band-fix-for-premiumle/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.