photo_mod_3.JPG
photo_mod_2.JPG
photo_mod_1.JPG
IMG_4112_(1280x956).jpg
IMG_0818.JPG
fire1.jpg
Whiney.jpg
pouting.JPG
There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 11 years ago

Post edited by absocountry2 : Title added to thread for ID purposes

#2 11 years ago

Nice fix Jim!

#3 11 years ago

Great fix! I hate it when my balls hang up my cannon!

#4 11 years ago

Ya I'd had that same issue and was thinking about just using a soldering iron to melt part of that ramp return away but I've just been opening up the coindoor and using the service button to basically pause the game and drop the 2nd ball Into the shooter lane. Great fix though!!!

#5 11 years ago

I guess I'm not good enough to double load my cannon yet. I haven't had any issues with the band yet but will lube them up to prevent it.

#6 11 years ago

Nice fix. Hard to believe they never thought of this in production.

#7 11 years ago

Nice work Jim!

#8 11 years ago

I have never had the cannon load two balls. In fact once I shot two balls up there and expected this to happen but instead it diverted one into the cannon and the other to the ramp hole and into the flipper. Is it possible your cannon diverter is sticky/slow? Are you running 1.52?

#9 11 years ago

#10 11 years ago

Great thinking. I had it happen on Pro more then Premium.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

This happens to lots of people and it is not the diverter ! The diverter does not know when to close and when you have two balls with no space between them racing for the cannon it will load two balls .
The soft wear cannot make a difference ! I am running 1.52.
When it happens to you,you will not like it .
Jim

Need an eddy or a rollover on the ramp for the diverter to count but there isn't one so this fix works!

#12 11 years ago

Pat at Stern once emailed me trying to solve this issue he said by raising the ramp abit higher, so when the the canon turns the second ball will roll back then as the canon turns the second ball drops into the inlane but I haven't done it yet as its only happened twice in over 1000 games so not a huge problem really for me..

#13 11 years ago

I am not handy but will look for that Lube at Home Depot as well as a Dremel.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from WNflyer:

Great fix! I hate it when my balls hang up my cannon!

Hahahaha! That sure would be painful.

Dave.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

This happens to lots of people and it is not the diverter ! The diverter does not know when to close and when you have two balls with no space between them racing for the cannon it will load two balls .
The software cannot make a difference ! I am running 1.52.
When it happens to you,you will not like it .
Jim

I guess it closes as soon as a ball enters the cannon. Maybe I just didnt get them close enough together.

#16 11 years ago

#17 11 years ago

Great work Jim. You just saved my cannon motor.

#18 11 years ago

Nice fix but kind of cave, I would have pulled the ramp to keep the plastic dust out of the game and to get a cleaner radius and polish so it looks factory.
Great catch and fix pinfester rates this mod

th_uncle_fester.jpgth_uncle_fester.jpg

#19 11 years ago

Scary for some to use a dremel on new parts but very ingenuitive fix Jim.

I do not own this machine but thank you for sharing.

#20 11 years ago

Mine is coming today...don't really want to dremel it If I notice this happen I assume I should quickly open the coin door and ensure the cannon does not try and rotate to prevent possible damage?

#21 11 years ago

I'm not wild about dremeling mine either but the coindoor method isn't practical. That works when I'm playing but not the kids or guests. I've been letting the machine deal with it in its own, but that's a worry too.

#22 11 years ago

#23 11 years ago

Thanks Jim, I appreciate the fix idea certainly wouldn't bad bout you for it I am going to hold out and see if stern comes up with something before I modify the ramp but its a good idea. Luck or Un-Lucky for me more often then not it will be me playing and I can just do the coin door method for now.

#24 11 years ago

I called Stern and was ready to send them the band unit. I went into my distributor and we compared my unit to the unit on the floor. Sure enough, the unit on the floor actually had grease on it.

This was a problem they must have found and fixed mid production. Why the hell they didn't tell the support guys about it is anyone's guess.

Quoted from McCune:

The second fix is the rock band , people have complained about their coil going bad or the band moving slowly. The fix is to put a small amount of grease ( I used super lube ) where the red dot is . This will take care of the band moving problems !! Don't call Stern and cry because they don't know how to fix it ,even though I told them how ?

#25 11 years ago

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I called Chaz and told him about it and how to fix it . If your band does not have grease it will not work very long if at all.
Jim

Mine was produced at the end of May and the band works great after several hundred plays. I'll have to check and see if there is grease on that area you pointed out. Great ideas, Jim.

#27 11 years ago

I am hoping since my unit is coming right from stern it will have been produced this month and maybe have some of these issues worked out. Wishful thinking I guess

#28 11 years ago

On the band area can we just use any lub. Bought a super lube for my Foosball table that I may try. I assume it does not matter.

On the cannon mod I'd rather raise the ramp than sand mine down if possible. Has anyone done this

#29 11 years ago

#30 11 years ago

Nice job Jim! I dont have the game, but like when others share there ideas on fixing stuff on there own. Your like a "Pinball McGyver" around here. Keep up the great help, its much appreciated! Take care.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Not even close to being CAVE ! I should have mentioned that I had a shop vacuum pulling the plastic dust while sanding .
Next time you share an idea I will make sure to cut it down !
Jim

No problem, you can see in the pics the shop vac didn't get it all and dremels can bite in and run.
I just thought I would point this out to others who might not want to stick a dremel in their 9K game, it is a great fix but I would remove the ramp to do it.
To me grinding a part on the game is cave but to each their own, sorry if my opinion offended you.

#32 11 years ago

This is a much easier way of doing this without doing any cutting and no perminate harm to your machine. It took me less than 5 minutes and it works perfectly all you need is a white ball shooter tip that is cut down to fit over the plunger but not hit the coil end at rest. SORRY for the shabby video.
Hobbs

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

This is a much easier way of doing this without doing any cutting and no perminate harm to your machine. It took me less than 5 minutes and it works perfectly all you need is a white ball shooter tip that is cut down to fit over the plunger but not hit the coil end at rest. SORRY for the shabby video.
Hobbs
» YouTube video

I think I'll try this one first.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Hobbs
» YouTube video

Good one Hobbs, nice to see you over here on Pinside.

#35 11 years ago

#37 11 years ago

#38 11 years ago

Nice fix...darn just tossed an old shooter tip

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I am officially done sharing any idea with the pinside pinball group !!

Ummmm.....okay? You are put off that someone (Tracelifter) gave more information to those with less experience than you, some good general warning tips? He wasn't out of line other than calling your solution CAVE (which didn't really add much to your post).

Edit: I see you took your ball and went home....

#40 11 years ago

What is CAVE? I googled but couldn't find it.

Quoted from ralphwiggum:

He wasn't out of line other than calling your solution CAVE

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

What is CAVE? I googled but couldn't find it

Short for caveman-primitive/crude....etc...

#42 11 years ago

What about the angle of the launch? The ball isn't sitting as far back, does that change the way the ball launches out of the cannon?

Quoted from McCune:

Hobs fixed this better .

#43 11 years ago

No at all . I have seen no difference in my accuracy of power of the shot. The plunger still gets the complete throw of the coil.

hobbs

#44 11 years ago

What about angle and distance? Does it land in the same place, the same distance from the targets?

Quoted from hoby1:

No at all . I have seen no difference in my accuracy of power of the shot. The plunger still gets the complete throw of the coil.

#45 11 years ago

I really dont know what your saying. It shoots just as accurate and just as fast. I am pretty obsessed with pinball and have personally not seen change in gameplay.

Hobbs

#46 11 years ago

I was just asking about distance, if the ball land any closer or further from the targets.

Quoted from hoby1:

I really dont know what your saying.

#47 11 years ago

That's a good mod I'll try that, how long did you cut the rubber tip?

#48 11 years ago

wtf happened?

#49 11 years ago

:Looks like a little meltdown

Quoted from davewtf:

wtf happened?

honda350r said:

I am officially done sharing any idea with the pinside pinball group !!

#50 11 years ago

Measure the distance between the plunger tip and the coil. Take that and estimate how much to cut off the end . ( without the tip on just the flat I would say about 3/16 inch . The trick is not to make it too long so it hinders how far the plunger goes back in the coil. Other wise it will not activate the switch.

Its not hard at all.

Hobbs

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
16,500 (Firm)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-cannon-double-ball-load-fix-and-band-fix-for-premiumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.