• 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by EMDude
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a712f4c17c3051ad36799ee1017f02a3.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylor34.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Hey--

Just unboxed my AC/DC premium, everything looks great. Fired up a game, loaded the cannon and....it fired basically right after it started turning, hitting the TNT targets every time, no chance for me to even press the button. Loaded it again and again, same issue. Fire button works in test, switches 61 and 62 work in test, cannon motor moves like it should. It this a misaligned opto for switch 61 and 62? Very frustrating to have that broken out of the box, basically just as bad as a non turning cannon. Hopefully someone else had this issue and it's an easy fix. I did notice that when in test and it goes to position #62 if I wiggle the cannon back and forth I can get it to register and unregister opto #62, which may be part of it. Thanks

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Played a fresh out of box Premium yesterday with the same issue.
Cannon auto fired down the left spinner lane almost everytime.
VERY FRUSTRATING

Yeah, it is. To answer markmon's question, he does say to fire the cannon and then tells me I suck when it autofires the cannon for me, to add insult to injury, lol. The software is 1.52 so it's not a new software bug or anything.

When I go through the test, switch #61 never lights up incorrectly. The only thing that seems to make sense on this is that #62 is getting hit briefly then unhit and then relit again causing the cannon to fire. That's my theory anyways. It's solid all the way through 99% of it's movement, it's only the initial 1% where it first hits the switch that I would call suspect possibly.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I guess you could call stern. The support staff is there right now.

Tried calling, couldn't get through after 15 minutes and it directed me automatically to voicemail. Sent an email to Patrick, hopefully I can get some explanation on the issue. I think I might know of a work around after thinking about it, I think if I tape switch #62 permanently closed it will allow me to fire and not autofire the cannon at all. That would at least allow me to play the game for now until we can figure out a solution, not being able to play a brand new game is killer, lol. Just a theory though, we'll see what happens.

#9 11 years ago

Spoke to them over the phone and email, they don't have ideas. So I'm going to try some stuff tonight to try and fix it or at least narrow down the issue.

#11 11 years ago

Cannon moves pretty fast. Wrapping switch #62 in electrical tape so it's always on made my cannon work. So it's like I thought, some hair trigger on switch #62 is causing it to autofire. Honestly, it needs a software fix more than a hardware fix...there's enough 'wiggle' in my cannon I think that it triggers 92, then briefly untriggers it, then retriggers it but it's too late, the cannon fires on the first untrigger. There needs to be some debounce logic to prevent that scenario.

7 years later
#29 4 years ago

Ironically, my machine still has this issue 7 years later. I taped off one opto and that made it work fine. I've thought about trying to fix it correctly someday but I think I might be missing a tiny spacer.

#30 4 years ago

Oh and I should mention that Stern was supposed to send me stuff but never did. So I did try that route but nothing ever showed up, and by the time I was going to call them back, I had figured out the workaround.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylor34.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-cannon-autofiring-issue?tu=taylor34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.