IMG_2479.JPG
IMG_2476.JPG
2012-05-04_21.12.37.jpg
2012-05-04_19.08.55.jpg
IMG_20120508_165716.jpg
IMG_20120508_154308.jpg
IMG_2457.JPG
IMG_2456.JPG
There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 11 years ago

Wow its awesome to hear such big praise given on this new title!Sounds like will give Tron a run for its money....guttered i haven't been lucky enough to play either

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Stern removed the post , I will check my buddies game to see if his is missing too.

At Gameworks they put the real fat yellow rubber on that post (like on games at PAPA) and it always feeds to the right flipper which is real nice.

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

We just got though playing the bible for 4 straight hours

Amazing! I bet it will have the same effect on people at locations . Might be a good pin to operate. Dude...totally killer you and your son got off on it. Full pin envy headed your way from green country. You ever seen green country? Looks sooooo different than where you live. Get a yard! with grass!

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Clear and smooth on my Premium. Ball looks like its hovering on playfield. Nice layer of clear too. Well done Stern.

Attachments 2012-05-04_21.12.37.jpg (275.2 KB, 0 downloads) 9 hours old 2012-05-04_19.08.55.jpg (300.1 KB, 0 downloads) 9 hours old

Sorry but from that pic the mini pf cover looks like it was sprayed with clear coat. It should be crystal clear and not foggy. Maybe you can take another pic of just the mini pf cover without the glass.
Just like any other piece of lexan, it should be crystal clear.

#55 11 years ago

So the box says Le Bib? I thought it was made in the USA!

The game is a lot of fun, I hope to play a LE sometime in my life, but I doubt I'll ever have that opportunity! At least I got to play the premium.

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Sorry but from that pic

Nod. but I know better now, must be the camera or other glare. They are clear. Not even a little foggy like my congo (no matter how many times I clean it).

#57 11 years ago

Congrats to all who have this beauty! Looks like a lot of fun!

So AV8, you own both or had the Pro and bought the Premium? If so, could you live with the Pro or is the Premium just too good compared to the pro?

#58 11 years ago

I've played both and the premium/le is way better than the pro. I wouldn't buy a pro.

#59 11 years ago

Pics dont do it justice. From the begining this has been a game I told everyone that looks better in person.

The lower playfield is perfect. Couldnt be any better on mine.

Open the premium. It is better then bible.

#60 11 years ago

Hi,

for overseas LE's they did and that's causing the problem that the window is getting foggy / milky
Did they clearcoate US model as well ?
Problem here is that it's not different than a huge insert and the airballs, etc will stress the insert and some air will go between the clearcoat layer and the window, like as e.g on the CV Ring inserts, etc ... So there isn't any chance to fix it easy and it's a desaster for a > 7K EUR Pin !

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Pics dont do it justice. From the begining this has been a game I told everyone that looks better in person.
The lower playfield is perfect. Couldnt be any better on mine.
Open the premium. It is better then bible.

Totally agree. I chuckle every time I see that the more limited version and better looking version is selling for less.

Not for long....

#62 11 years ago

The shaker is really cool and the sound is awesome . My window looks fine but I am sure some of the super anal will bitch . I don't have time for those guys .

Jim

#63 11 years ago

I've seen your work! You're not super anal? Looks like it to me from what I've seen. (Compliment)

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

...but I am sure some of the super anal will bitch . ...
Jim

I'm not a native speaker, so what does this mean ?
Super Analyst or something different ?

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

I've seen your work! You're not super anal? Looks like it to me from what I've seen.

That is true but I am also reasonable with my expectations of a mass produced game. My restores are on at a time and I can afford to do ridiculous things to a hand crafted pinball machine because it is my time.

If a Stern was built like a HEP or even one of mine ,it would cost a hell of a lot more than what I paid !

If anyone thinks a new Stern is equal to a high end restoration , there expectations will not be met!

Jim

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

My window looks fine but I am sure some of the super anal will bitch

Is there anything different about your window than scott's? It looked clear to me, I mean not foggy in any way.

#67 11 years ago

I dig this game in L E D!
Standard is ok, but I miss leds...

#68 11 years ago

All the reviews on this game are so polarized but the bad reviews seem to be from the pro. For those of you who have played both, is there that big of a difference in gameplay? i see jackyls opinion above and am waiting for more.

I think stern is really doing themselves a disservice if there is a huge gap in playability between those two (three or four).

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

All the reviews on this game are so polarizing but the bad reviews seem to be from the pro

I have heard more good that bad. The bad was people bitching about the face not game play .

Jim

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

The bad was people bitching about the face not game play

And I swear to yall you will not notice the face during gameplay unless you have a third eye.

#71 11 years ago

heh, well I know I'm in the minority here, but I'd actually prefer to see the "face" on the lower playfield. I'm getting the premium for sure, especially after the initial reviews, but I'll be looking at putting an overlay or something on the lower pf. BRING BACK THE FACE!

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

The shaker is really cool and the sound is awesome . My window looks fine but I am sure some of the super anal will bitch . I don't have time for those guys .

+1

Totally agree with you there!

#73 11 years ago

The first time you light up the lower playfield while Highway to Hell is playing is WOW worthy.

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

the lower playfield

The crowd roar when you make the lower playfield loops is, so far, my favorite sound effect on any pinball.

#75 11 years ago

OOOOO!..So tempeted to pull the trigger on one of the few BIBLEs.
Mmmm?

#76 11 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

for overseas LE's they did and that's causing the problem that the window is getting foggy / milky

Yep, my BIB has it too. But it really doesn't bother me. I let my restored and new games rest for a year or so. So the clearcoat is really a lot harder then. I see a huge difference with mine compared to others who don't do this. A lot find me crazy, but if you spend that much money, i want it to be as good as possible. But like all things, to each his own.

#77 11 years ago

Rommy,
Which one do you have?

#78 11 years ago

I had a blast playing it at Bumpernets in AL. The only thing that concerns me over time is the plastic over the lower playfield. I don't think it's replaceable.

I was talking to people about NF because I am about to make a trade and I was playing one at Bnets and was surprised how many people commented about NF call outs and its the same raspy voice on AC/DC. It's Mr Ritchie

Overall I really liked the game and I honestly didn't think I would... Also TF was a blast too

#79 11 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

Hi,
Problem here is that it's not different than a huge insert and the airballs, etc will stress the insert and some air will go between the clearcoat layer and the window, like as e.g on the CV Ring inserts, etc ... So there isn't any chance to fix it easy and it's a desaster for a > 7K EUR Pin !

Played both.

Congrats to all owners.

My concern re the window is that it cannot be replaced, but there are always issues with any pin.

As for premium v pro, played both a lot. If I was an Ac/dc fan I would be happy with the pro especially re price. The pro plays faster for sure due to the bouncy targets as opposed to drops. They do need to be set up right as I played a pro that totally rocked and then I played another that was way slower, so set up is really important.

I am in the minority in that the lower p/f was kind of boring and so I prefer the looks of the Premium, no doubt about it, but I enjoyed playing the pro more..........

#80 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

All the reviews on this game are so polarizing but the bad reviews seem to be from the pro. For those of you who have played both, is there that big of a difference in gameplay? i see jackyls opinion above and am waiting for more.
I think stern is really doing themselves a disservice if there is a huge gap in playability between those two (three or four).

Most of the bad review seem to be from people who have not played either game, or they are trying to lower the overall rating to pump up the one game they own like "Fish Tales." I have played both and first, the sound and lighting are better than any game ever produced. That alone should give the game a 6 or 7 rating, but there are people giving it 1's in sound and lighting right here on pinside. Did they really hear the sound from this game and do that? Second, the innovation of selecting a song and mode first, lower play-field on LE, the bell, the cannon shot, the artwork, etc... all come together to make this a top 20 game. Yes, most of these features have been done before, but they have never been brought together so well. I think this game is like LOTR. It started as a top 50 game and ended up a Top 5 after the "haters" got tired of bashing it.

#81 11 years ago

I got a chance to play both the pro and premium versions @ Allentown.

Game Exceeded my expectations. I loved it. I ordered a Premium version months ago after seeing youtube videos of the game play - i was never an AC DC fan by the way. Just loved the toys and the concept.

To start, great looking pin - art package is stunning. I actually LIKE the angus face on the pro version. The lower pf on the premium is cool and a kick ass little side game.

Game play wise - i was blown away on both the pro and premium - you cant go wrong with either.

But its one of those games that you will love and you will always want the best it has to offer. For me, the 8+ add ons on the premium are exactly that (lower pf game, swinging bell, changing LEDs, molded train, swinging band, updated sub woofer, LED flame tunnel, updated trim, drop targets). The premium is quite a value add considering what you get. As much as i liked the pro, man that thing is so stripped down. If you are a gameplay purist who couldnt care less about toys, pro works very well.

Back to the game though. Hard core, in your face, loud, smooth and just a rocking experience. Lots of shots to make, liked the backhand from either flipper, and the shot up to the bell is a nice challenge. Lots of orbit and loop opps too - perfect flow around the table on those. I even liked the cannon which i thought i was tired of after owning a T2 - this cannon is 'different' feel entirely.

I cant wait for my premium. I actually think i will put 2k+ games on this one in the first month. Havent been this excited for a pin ever.

#82 11 years ago

I have my LtbR and like it, but it is way to early to tell how good it once will be. Now that I played it a few days I must say the software is in a very early stage. And there are so many features we don't know yet how they will be implemented. For me it looks like a new personal number one pin. But STERN has to finish the code!

And also for now I am very happy I buyed it, and I think in the future it could be better than my beloved SM. But my game has a few flaws.
On my game the CPU and the DMD were bad, that is no problem I got new ones from stern.
But I am angry about that I have to put rubber or a post under the right ramp exit to the cannon, so the ball won't get stuck there. Those building flaws should not happen.

What I don't understand is how they could promote the game and say there will be 16color changing LED Inserts and now there are I believe 4 or 5 colorchanging Leds under red inserts??? There they have no use.

My lower pinballfield window is milky. It doesn't bother me now, it looks still good. But I am concerned about opinions in the german forum, who say that there will be problems in the future. If STERN used european and australian customers as test subjects I will be angry.

I could go on and on with little details that could have been better. But the game has so much potential to be realy great. But before I rate it here at Pinside and give it a final score I will wait till the code is better (now I have 1.5 and there are so many things not implemented, that I would say it's still just a demo) and I will wait to see how the clearcoat on the minifield window workes out. If they changed their way to do this with the new US versions because suddenly they believe that this will be a problem in the future I think this will make a lot of people like me very angry in oversea.

But for now there is just one thing that makes me believe in this pin, I just can't stop playing it!

#83 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

I've played both and the premium/le is way better than the pro. I wouldn't buy a pro.

It would be helpful when people make statements like this to actually give *some* reason as to why they feel this way.

I've played the pro on location and thought it was great! Doesn't mean the premium/LE's aren't greater...but if they are, then they are pretty damn good!

#84 11 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Rommy,
Which one do you have?

None. . But when I get one it will be the premium +shaker . You should get the BIB so I can visit. We will hit Simm's then play

#85 11 years ago

Looks great, I played the LE's in Texas at the show. Great pins.
I ordered my BIBLE back in November and it would have been here by now but I had 2 other friends tag on my shipment for us to get a group shipping rate.
I'm patient because it cost us $85 each for a pro, premium and my LE to ship here in my hometown business. I won't complain on that shipping price. Souled like next week they arrive.

The delay is the premiums are being run last after the other LE's. It's worth the wait.

#86 11 years ago

Yes,
Simms does sound good.. haven't been in a long time.. HB's is also vg on Geyer Springs Road.
My wife will kill me if I place the order.. we've got the MM on the way from TC!
But that BIBLE looks so good on the Texas PB arcade video and looks like a lot of fun!
Trigger finger gettin' itchey..

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

we've got the MM on the way from TC!

Congratulations ! To be honest the BIBLE will make that MM look very dated ! Seriously . So don't buy it and put it next to the MM .

Jim

#88 11 years ago

I played the game at Allentown. As you know...I'm not a fan of mini playfields and I didn't like this one either. But the rest was fun...sounds are pretty cool. The volume and sound quality was great. I could only play one game though as there were people waiting....

#89 11 years ago

I just got word that mine is going to be delivered today. Time to make room.

#90 11 years ago

honda350r said:The bad was people bitching about the face not game play
And I swear to yall you will not notice the face during gameplay unless you have a third eye.

+1

I have both. The PRO is awesome and faster than Premium. Great gameplay with out the all the toys. SAME strategy and flow. 2 k less. The face is straight of Highway to Hell Album and represents the band and attitude of the pin well.

Feel free to PM me if your on the fence.

2012-03-01_17.46.39.jpg2012-03-01_17.46.39.jpg

#91 11 years ago

You know the lower playfield orbit sound from the premium? the crowd roar? what shots on the pro make that sound? I know I heard it while playing the pro...

#92 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

the_one said:Hi,

Played both.
Congrats to all owners.
My concern re the window is that it cannot be replaced, but there are always issues with any pin.
As for premium v pro, played both a lot. If I was an Ac/dc fan I would be happy with the pro especially re price. The pro plays faster for sure due to the bouncy targets as opposed to drops. They do need to be set up right as I played a pro that totally rocked and then I played another that was way slower, so set up is really important.
I am in the minority in that the lower p/f was kind of boring and so I prefer the looks of the Premium, no doubt about it, but I enjoyed playing the pro more..........

I will feel better unboxing my PRO tomorrow

#93 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

honda350r said:The bad was people bitching about the face not game play

+1
I have both. The PRO is awesome and faster than Premium. Great gameplay with out the all the toys. SAME strategy and flow. 2 k less. The face is straight of Highway to Hell Album and represents the band and attitude of the pin well.
Feel free to PM me if your on the fence.

Attachments 2012-03-01_17.46.39.jpg (247.7 KB, 0 downloads) 2 hours old

I DID order a shaker to be shipped with my measly old PRO

#94 11 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

I just got word that mine is going to be delivered today. Time to make room.

coool. I gotta wait another day

#95 11 years ago

I played the pro at a tournament a while back. It's a great pin on its own too. Very fast and definitely high energy.

#96 11 years ago

Cant go wrong with the pro with the cost. I like the le versions but i hate lower pf's shame they wont sell all the toys or make a premium pro.

#97 11 years ago

i know you won't get much sleep for a few days

#98 11 years ago

PRO suites my needs juuuuust fine.LOVE the BIB,own the PRO W/shaker

1 year later
#99 10 years ago

I had to bump this thread because we bought these games just a little over a year ago and are still running strong ,they are approaching 8K plays between the two BIBs !

AC/DC seems very strong even after a year and I am pleased that I have them in our collections .

I think it is time for a code update,please .

#100 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I had to bump this thread because we bought these games just a little over a year ago are still running strong and approaching 8K plays between the two BIBs !

Only 4k plays each!......I guess that is averaging about 10 plays a day, not bad

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
16,500 (Firm)
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-bible-x2-delivered-today/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.