31%
  • ACDC Premium 66 votes
    69%

(96 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140405_010215.jpg
BIB15.jpg
There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Whoa!!!!!! Did you just contradicted yourself?
Why would it "make sense" that you pay more than a premium, if the le was 6600 today? Wouldn't you be better off as you stated, getting the premium, cheaper today, because after all, as you like to say, over and over, "IT"S THE SAME GAME"? Trying to follow your logic, here.
"Hello my name is Greg, and I missed out on the BIB LE."
"Welcome to the club".

Financial sense. A few bucks more, so why not? $3-4k more...why bother?

It makes sense cuz I could sell it now and get a Premium lol That's what Smassa did. Smart.

I missed out on nothing. I have AC/DC Premium...same game, brotha. I don't get why you guys keep trying to deny this. LOOK AT THE PLAYFIELD. All the same features. EXACT. It's a super fun game, you should try it.

#52 9 years ago

So you have a limit for what it is worth to you, today. We all do. Nothing wrong with that.

However, other boys may have deeper pockets, or simply want the le more than you do. Is that okay with you?

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

So you have a limit for what it is worth to you, today. We all do. Nothing wrong with that.
However, other boys may have deeper pockets, or simply want the le more than you do. Is that okay with you?

Sure. And this thread was started to ask opinions. Opinions are often backed up by facts. That's what I did....as did others. Pick on them.

#54 9 years ago

Just trying to clarify, that's all.

Time to fire up a game.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from BigB:

I know that I am in the minority on this but out of all of the different versions available, I prefer the artwork package on the original premium the most.

Me too. I love mirrored backglasses, I think they look bad ass and old school and are just super cool. But I honestly don't find LTBR or BIBLE all that attractive. The Premium translite is probably my favorite Stern "photoshopped" design. Good use of colors and design and space, nice typography, it feels good. Matches the game. (Pro translite is easily the least attractive of all of them IMHO.)

I know I made the Helen translite, and I have mine in a swapbox with my games that I can turn on, but if I bought an AC/DC Prem (and it's the only one I'd even consider) I'd probably leave Helen in her box and keep the stock translite in.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Logic logic logic.

Pissed Pissed Pissed!

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Pissed Pissed Pissed!

About what? If I was pissed, I'd tell you. Have I ever not been honest with you guys about stuff? Here's something I'll cop to being "pissed" about. I had Tron LE on pre order & cancelled it cuz I didn't like the movie. Then I fell in love with the game...so I had to pay $3k more than I would have initially to get one. AC/DC, I don't care, because I was able to get the Premium at a reasonable price and I'm perfectly happy with it. If I can admit to my "error" with Tron, wouldn't I do the same with AC/DC? If I REAAAAALLLY wanted the LE version that bad, I could afford it & pay the piper...but there's zero logical reason to do so. I don't buy games to impress anyone. They're for my enjoyment. I wanted Tron LE & not the Pro due to the enjoyment I get from the added playfield/code features...not because its rare. I was happy with AC/DC Premium because the playfield features are identical.

#58 9 years ago

Wow did not expect the controversy that this topic has generated. The decision has been made and I ended going with….

BIB15.jpgBIB15.jpg

Yes, I know it is not the popular choice, yes I probably paid too much for the machine, yes in the end I am getting probably a lesser player's machine then I would have with a NIB Premuim.

But in the end I have a machine that is rare, in impecable shape with very low plays, a machine where I absolutely love the art, backglass and side rails. I believe the machine will hold its value over time, if it doesn't oh well, but most of all the game will bring me and my family and friends mucho enjoyment when playing it which is why I got in this hobby from the beginning.

IMO some things in life are worth paying a little more, I did it with my STLE (with little rationale) and have done it with ACDC BIBLE now... Call me silly sure, but I am one content silly bastard

Thanks again for everyone's input your a great community and believe it or not it really helped a lot in the decision.

#59 9 years ago

Good for you man, enjoy it. No one else has to be happy with your decision but you!

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

I absolutely love the art, backglass and side rails. the game will bring me and my family and friends mucho enjoyment when playing it which is why I got in this hobby from the beginning.

That's all that matters....have fun!

#61 9 years ago

Congrats on your purchase. Anyone know if Stern will let you order a premium classic with the Luci lower playfield?

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Congrats on your purchase. Anyone know if Stern will let you order a premium classic the Luci lower playfield?

I heard they weren't....but I'm sure they'll be available eventually. Parts sellers always stock extra parts like that....Stern might just be trying to keep some sort of "exclusive" window on it.

#63 9 years ago

Congrats....I had the similar decision to make in November of 2012 and paid a $2000 premium for the BIBLE and am so happy to have done so....good on ya!

#64 9 years ago

The choice is obvious. Buy the premium, then go buy a JP, Stargate with the money you saved. 3 games is better than 1. Especially when they play the same. Besides, many have gutted out the backglass with helen anyway, so what difference does it really make?

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

The choice is obvious. Buy the premium, then go buy a JP, Stargate

....or actual good games. OOOOOOOH! Opinions! WOOO!

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

....or actual good games. OOOOOOOH! Opinions! WOOO!

Sure, go with Xfiles, SF2 and a shit tales then if you like. either way your getting 4 games for the price of one.

#67 9 years ago

for me, i'd rather have the 3500 in my pocket if that was my choices.

#68 9 years ago

And here I am, where I actually want a pro more than a premium or LE! Not for the art - obviously, just prefer the way it plays - really

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Sure, go with Xfiles, SF2 and a shit tales then if you like. either way your getting 4 games for the price of one.

No, for sure I hear ya and definately those were some of my thoughts to, but for me really have space for 4 games in my house now, so the ones I get I will be very picky about, at most I would expand to 8 and in the end if I want more machines I am sure I will be able to put the scratch together to eventually get them...

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And here I am, where I actually want a pro more than a premium or LE! Not for the art - obviously, just prefer the way it plays - really

April Fools was last month!!!

#71 9 years ago

I bought an AC/DC Premium with low plays for $5100 a few months ago. The $3500 uptick you describe for the BIBLE represents 68% of the street price of the Premium. I personally don't care how many of any pin they make. I want it to be fun to play and look good. $3500 bucks will buy a lot of mods and custom translite/backglass. Why worry about it being 1 in 300 and instead make it unique?

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

I bought an AC/DC Premium with low plays for $5100 a few months ago. The $3500 uptick you describe for the BIBLE represents 68% of the street price of the Premium. I personally don't care how many of any pin they make. I want it to be fun to play and look good. $3500 bucks will buy a lot of mods and custom translite/backglass. Why worry about it being 1 in 300 and instead make it unique?

Where can I get an ACDC Premium for $5100?

#73 9 years ago

you made a wise decision going for BIB!!

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If I was pissed, I'd tell you.

Just having fun with you Greg.. I didn't even read what you said because I don't care and I bet it has been said a dozen times already .

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

I have seen used titles listed in the US for around $5500 for sure... But by the time you pay shipping, exchange, brokeage and pay taxes it really ends up costing just as much a NIB in Canada. Again if I was in a different geography for sure the decision would be easy one... Overall in the end this machine is a collectable, modding a Premium machine does make it unique, however, a lot of time you never get back what you put into it. I really respect the modders out there they do awesome work, but what they are doing does not necessarily make the machine collectable... In the end it is really different strokes for different folks pretty happy with the decision, totally respect and understand your opinion thou...

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Just having fun with you Greg.. I didn't even read what you said because I don't care and I bet it has been said a dozen times already .

Greg, also told me that MMr LE was so different from the MMr Standard because the LE has a wood cabinet versus some other wood material in the Standard… LOL! Yet AC/DC Premium and BIBLE are almost identical! There must be one helluva a smoke trail coming from Colorado moving over Hollywood!

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Greg, also told me that MMr LE was so different from the MMr Standard because the LE has a wood cabinet versus some other wood material in the Standard… LOL! Yet AC/DC Premium and BIBLE are almost identical! There must be one helluva a smoke trail coming from Colorado moving over Hollywood!

Ugh, you BIBLE Thumpers love to troll...dunno why I bother replying...buuuuut...

As usual you ignore context & logic. Right NOW, MMr LE and MMr Standard are THE SAME PRICE....so why wouldn't I enjoy with the better cabinet and included shaker? I never said they're SOOO different...but for the same price it's got some extra "stuff". In a similar context, if I didn't own the game and down the road MMr LE shot up in price, I'd be perfectly happy getting MMr Standard.

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Greg, also told me that MMr LE was so different from the MMr Standard because the LE has a wood cabinet versus some other wood material in the Standard

Actually I think its just the bottom that's wood, which I found to be a bit funny since how often do you look at the bottom to notice its real wood?

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

On here, couple weeks ago. There have been some really low premiums on here.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Wow did not expect the controversy that this topic has generated. The decision has been made and I ended going with….

Yes, I know it is not the popular choice, yes I probably paid too much for the machine, yes in the end I am getting probably a lesser player's machine then I would have with a NIB Premuim.
But in the end I have a machine that is rare, in impecable shape with very low plays, a machine where I absolutely love the art, backglass and side rails. I believe the machine will hold its value over time, if it doesn't oh well, but most of all the game will bring me and my family and friends mucho enjoyment when playing it which is why I got in this hobby from the beginning.
IMO some things in life are worth paying a little more, I did it with my STLE (with little rationale) and have done it with ACDC BIBLE now... Call me silly sure, but I am one content silly bastard
Thanks again for everyone's input your a great community and believe it or not it really helped a lot in the decision.

BIB15.jpg 72 KB

Good choice,I'm number 181
I have a new guitar topper for you here.

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

On here, couple weeks ago. There have been some really low premiums on here.

None of them near me, for better or for worse!

#82 9 years ago

no, your in CA. you guys wipe your asses with 100's. So I don't see anything reasonable out your way. Your on the wrong side. Seems southern east coast and midwest is the way to go for reasonable stuff.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

no, your in CA. you guys wipe your asses with 100's. So I don't see anything reasonable out your way. Your on the wrong side. Seems southern east coast and midwest is the way to go for reasonable stuff.

We wipe our asses with 100's and know the difference between "your" and "you're"! Twice Neo...twice.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Congrats!
That's really awesome.
I'm sure you'll enjoy the 'hell' out of it! hehehe

I hope to be one content silly bastard myself one day

#85 9 years ago

Those new 100's are hell on our septic systems btw.

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

I got it mine by searching the pinside marketplace.

Quoted from pins4life33:

Overall in the end this machine is a collectable, modding a Premium machine does make it unique, however, a lot of time you never get back what you put into it.

True on both counts. If you're interested in it because it's collectable, then I totally get why you'd do it. Enjoy the game!

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

We wipe our asses with 100's and know the difference between "your" and "you're"! Twice Neo...twice.

What's even better, is that I corrected someone else in a different thread about the exact same thing.

#88 9 years ago

Get a premium & I'll sell you my cracked up BIB Backglass.

20140405_010215.jpg20140405_010215.jpg
#89 9 years ago

Stern still able to get you a replacement? This is the exact reason I do not like real backglasses on games with non replaceable backglasses.

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Stern still able to get you a replacement? This is the exact reason I do not like real backglasses on games with non replaceable backglasses.

Long story. It's here,thread search.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

What's even better, is that I corrected someone else in a different thread about the exact same thing.

That blew my f*cking mind.

#92 9 years ago

Its here, #183, set it up and played one game last night, wow just blows my mind on what a stunning look of this machine is. Played good, will play better once I crank it up to 7.0 elevation, clean and wax it... The machine was impeccable looks as if it is brand new the previous owner must not have played it a lot or maintained it really well cause it is in awesome shape. Absolutely made the right choice for me, will post pictures when I get the chance just to make sure you all believe me, lol.

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Its here, #183, set it up and played one game last night, wow just blows my mind on what a stunning look of this machine is. Played good, will play better once I crank it up to 7.0 elevation, clean and wax it... The machine was impeccable looks as if it is brand new the previous owner must not have played it a lot or maintained it really well cause it is in awesome shape. Absolutely made the right choice for me, will post pictures when I get the chance just to make sure you all believe me, lol.

There wasn't really a wrong choice to be made, its a fantastic game no matter what version you have. Enjoy playing it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

16,500 (Firm)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-bible-or-nib-premium/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.