31%
  • ACDC Premium 66 votes
    69%

(96 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140405_010215.jpg
BIB15.jpg
There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Have an opportunity to buy either machine (lucky me), the extra premium for a BIBLE is around $3500. Need some advise from BIBLE owners or Premium owners is it worth it to own the limited edition of this title. I really like the colour scheme better but in the end what made you decide or not decide to go LE for this title...

#2 9 years ago

If I had the extra income, and I knew it would be in the collection for a very very long time, and I was a die hard ACDC fan, then the BIBLE is worth it. Sometimes in life, its nice to have one super nice unique game

#3 9 years ago

Are you buying it to play or brag about? That LE tax is bad enough when it's new, but it's usually only $1000, and for a cool theme you really love that could be worth it. I'd consider it myself for that price difference, but I'd have to really want it. $3500? No thanks. That's just too much for an intangible like that, nothing really THAT cool about BIBLE. Plus that's for a used machine over opening a cherry one? If you're gonna compare used to used that tax is more like $4500 over a HUO Prem.

Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Sometimes in life, its nice to have one super nice unique game

All that said, I agree with this sentiment. It's only money, if you can afford and won't lose sleep over the cash, WTF not. Just don't pretend it makes any sense whatsoever.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Are you buying it to play or brag about? That LE tax is bad enough when it's new, but it's usually only $1000, and for a cool theme you really love that could be worth it. I'd consider it myself for that price difference, but I'd have to really want it. $3500? No thanks. That's just too much for an intangible like that, nothing really THAT cool about BIBLE. Plus that's for a used machine over opening a cherry one? If you're gonna compare used to used that tax is more like $4500 over a HUO Prem.
All that said, I agree with this sentiment. It's only money, if you can afford and won't lose sleep over the cash, WTF not. Just don't pretend it makes any sense whatsoever.

I had the same issue with STLE but it was an easy decision based on me being a big fan and wanting a collectors machine and really liking the extra lighting features and backglass. In this case I like ACDC, really like the gameplay, but the blue colour is the only thing that really set it apart for me, do like the fact there are only 300 of them as well and put me in exclusive group but man the difference in price is a lot for a NIB and used machine... Tough call right now but great advise...

#5 9 years ago

If given the choice I like new every time, there's my vote.

#6 9 years ago

Get a Luci. Best art package of them all and will most likely be just as rare/collectible in the future as the other LE's.

#7 9 years ago

I personally am not a fan of the Luci artwork thou I do respect the work that has gone into the machine and how it can appeal to many collectors. I have a younger daughter and my wife who really don't think would appeciate this package thou she is a big fan of ACDC, just not the right fit for the family...

#8 9 years ago

To me this one comes down to the artwork vs new. And I have to say I like the BIBLE art better. It is a prettier machine. But I'd pick the premium in this case. Brand new and I'd save the cheddar. That way the premium would feel like I got a bargain and I'd have no fear packing on the games.

#9 9 years ago

I like the LE a lot, but I don't think the price difference is worth it. If I didn't already have a Premium, I would have bought the HUO that just sold for $5600 here with 30 plays on it.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

If I had the extra income, and I knew it would be in the collection for a very very long time, and I was a die hard ACDC fan, then the BIBLE is worth it. Sometimes in life, its nice to have one super nice unique game

Agreed, it would be a great feeling knowing you have something special like that. Just imagine that plaque just glaring you saying "I am 1 of 300".

#11 9 years ago

Don't the BIBLEs have a cloudy window too versus clear for the NIB?

#12 9 years ago

Yes, there are times I wished I lived in the US some great prices for machines for sure and shipping is reasonable, not so in Northern Alberta, Canada.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Don't the BIBLEs have a cloudy window too versus clear for the NIB?

Yes I did read about that a lot, the pictures for the BIBLE I have the window is pretty clear the machine is in MINT shape, does have a bit of cloudiness but no different then any other LE out there as far as I have read. Thanks for the confirmation as that was in the back of my mind too.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Get a Luci. Best art package of them all and will most likely be just as rare/collectible in the future as the other LE's.

I seriously doubt that . They have already made more than 300 Luci's that game is very popular . Back in Black is pure AC/DC and Luci is just something someone made up and has nothing to do with the band.

I like Luci a lot but let's not get carried away.. The cloudy window shit is is over hyped .

Back in Black will always bring a premium as it is the most desired of all AC/DC models made .

#15 9 years ago

Cash no concern? BIB. You will thank yourself later.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Cash no concern? BIB. You will thank yourself later.

heck, even if cash is a concern screw it and get BIBLE… its that good!

#17 9 years ago

Ignore the Bible Salesmen ....Premium's the same exact game & will have a better lower PF window. Save the cash, get a Prem.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ignore the Bible Salesmen ....Premium's the same exact game & will have a better lower PF window. Save the cash, get a Prem.

You're slipping! You forgot to give me your highly anticipated 'thumbs down'. Hurts so good...

#19 9 years ago

Bib all the way. When I see Lorenzo's every year in his booth, I say I wish I had the bib instead of the premium. It's one of the best looking Sterns ever.

#20 9 years ago

No BIBLE owner is going to make an argument for the Premium instead

And no Premium owner is going to state that that version is bad.

I think I was one of the few buyers that actually preferred the Premium artwork over BIBLE. I did think the side rails on BIBLE were awesome, though.

They are both outstanding games.

If you like the BIBLE artwork better, then go for it. If you ever decide to sell it and just get a Premium that should not be difficult as the BIBLE always seems to be in demand and the Premiums are fairly easy to find.

Buy either one and have a great time.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

No BIBLE owner is going to make an argument for the Premium instead
And no Premium owner is going to state that that version is bad.
I think I was one of the few buyers that actually preferred the Premium artwork over BIBLE. I did think the side rails on BIBLE were awesome, though.
They are both outstanding games.
If you like the BIBLE artwork better, then go for it. If you ever decide to sell it and just get a Premium that should not be difficult as the BIBLE always seems to be in demand and the Premiums are fairly easy to find.
Buy either one and have a great time.

Yep one is coming home for sure still on the fence going to have to sleep on it, love the artwork, rails and limited run but is that enough for the $3500 premium in price compared to a NIB ACDC Premium machine... Tough call for sure... Great feedback by all...

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You still sore that you missed out on a BIB, before they took off?

(You are wrong, again. Don't own a BIB. Hard to sell when you don't own one. Just like the looks of BIB better, that's all)

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

You still sore that you missed out on a BIB, before they took off?

No, because I have a Premium and it's the same exact game (except with a clear window). I've played it 1000's of times. The only thing sore is my fingers! It's a great game!

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Yep one is coming home for sure still on the fence going to have to sleep on it, love the artwork, rails and limited run but is that enough for the $3500 premium in price compared to a NIB ACDC Premium machine... Tough call for sure... Great feedback by all...

I went through the same questions you are going through. I had a BIBLE and decided to trade it off for a Luci + $$$. IMO the BIBLE is by far the best looking of all the versions and the rails are sweet. Other things to consider though is that on the later versions Stern made some refinements to the game and I do feel my Luci plays better then my BIBLE (the cannon clearance and movement especially)

I'd ask yourself are you more into it for the collector value or just want a kick ass fun pin to play. That ? Alone should help in your decision.

#25 9 years ago

I am a bible owner,and I was having the same thoughts as you are now.
Except I was going to buy the Luci version.

I am glad I bought the bible,love the looks of the game.
The mirrored back glass fits in nicely with my Metle,BSM,and Stle.
Which ever one you decide on,add the TRC mod from pinball refinery,it rocks.

#26 9 years ago

I own a BIBLE and Im not sure I would put a $3500 premium on it. I actually bought a Luci and considered selling the BIBLE down the road, but instead decided to keep it. The real question is simple. What is it worth to you? If you want the coolest looking AC/DC (IMO) and aren't worried about the extra cost, go with BIBLE. If you would rather have the $3500 and still have a great game, go with a premium or Luci. (I much prefer the look of the Luci over the premium)

#27 9 years ago

I have owned Bible and it's gone now too Pingod (enjoy) ,it's got all the looks too thats for sure but in the long run its the same game as the Pre or if you add mods like Pingod has that's my input

#28 9 years ago

Oh I will,and do enjoy it William.
Thanks man

#29 9 years ago

BIB all the way if you can find someone to part with theirs....The cloudy window is a not an issue on a lot of the playfields...I have one and the window is only marginally different than the premiums...

#30 9 years ago

Really appreciate all this feedback think I know the direction I am going to go tomorrow, going to sleep on it to make sure and go guns a blazing tomorrow to secure a machine. Will let you guys know what I ended up purchasing...

#31 9 years ago

"BIB all the way if you can find someone to part with theirs....The cloudy window is a not an issue on a lot of the playfields...I have one and the window is only marginally different than the premiums..."

^Well said. A few sure have a hard time accepting this^

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Oh I will,and do enjoy it William.
Thanks man

NP Dan it will look good with G&R also

#33 9 years ago

I'd take a Prem + 2 system 11's over a bible anyday.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from deeznuts:

Your name says it all

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from deeznuts:

I'll keep my Bible and my three system 11s ! Early bird gets the worm .

#36 9 years ago

I would go BIBLE all day if I could get one NIB for the original price.

But no way would I pay $3500 extra for a second hand game or HUO being the preferred term!

I have done a fair few mad things re pinball purchasing but paying massive premiums for second hand games has me scratching my head

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I would go BIBLE all day if I could get one NIB for the original price.
But no way would I pay $3500 extra for a second hand game or HUO being the preferred term!
I have done a fair few mad things re pinball purchasing but paying massive premiums for second hand games has me scratching my head

Ya, if they still had NIB no brainer for sure, but I guess that is the point there are now a rare breed and it is a collectable now will it hold its value probably better than a Premium for sure. Will a NIB play better absolutely, I am definitely a pinball player first and collector second. For me I am not a guy who is going have more than 8 machines in the house so the ones I do have I want to be very picky about.

BIBLE
Pros - Better artwork, rails and collectability and will hold its value over time, will look super sharp beside STLE
Cons - Design flaw on cannon, can get a foggy lower playfield, upwards of $3000 premium.

ACDC Prem
Pros - New, a better player machine, cheaper
Cons - will not hold value as soon as you open it, artwork is not as good, rails are plain as day

The gap has closed now a little after final counter last night and it is decision time it is a very tough decision for sure. Should finalize everything by noon... IMO either way I am a winner cause I am getting another pinball machine.

Thanks again to everyone for their input it has been invaluable to help me make up my mind.

#38 9 years ago

I have a BiBLE too, but would never pay the premium price now for it. I'm glad i bought it when it was at normal price.
And not all BiBLE have a (heavy) clouded window. Mine's not as clear as the newer runs. But i have seen much worse also.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Have an opportunity to buy either machine (lucky me), the extra premium for a BIBLE is around $3500. Need some advise from BIBLE owners or Premium owners is it worth it to own the limited edition of this title. I really like the colour scheme better but in the end what made you decide or not decide to go LE for this title...

After seeing and playing a BIB at Allentown....I can't imagine paying any serious premium for it unless I was a die hard ACDC fan with f*ck you $. It's a great looking machine...but so what? You could mod it yourself to look same or better for a fraction of that $3,500. It's the same game after all.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

You could mod it yourself to look same or better for a fraction of that $3,500. It's the same game after all.

Look the same? Huh? This isn't a WoZ…

If you want it to look the same you would need to buy the BIB back glass that isn't available. You would have to have cabinet decals made and re decal the cabinet since the artwork is totally different and not available. You would have to powder coat the side rails, legs, lock bar, etc. glossy black and have all the detail laser cut into the side rails… I'm probably forgetting a couple things. But yes, with a ton of work and a bunch of cash you could make a premium look just like a BIB… shouldn't cost you more than 5k.

#41 9 years ago

premium all the way. when the cloudy window feature in the le improves gameplay i will adjust my preference

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Look the same? Huh? This isn't a WoZ…
If you want it to look the same you would need to buy the BIB back glass that isn't available. You would have to have cabinet decals made and re decal the cabinet since the artwork is totally different and not available. You would have to powder coat the side rails, legs, lock bar, etc. glossy black and have all the detail laser cut into the side rails… I'm probably forgetting a couple things. But yes, with a ton of work and a bunch of cash you could make a premium look just like a BIB… shouldn't cost you more than 5k.

I wasn't necessarily suggesting making it look exactly the same. But let's say I was. The work you're describing would cost $5k? Ok. I'll play. Somehow Stern sold the whole machine for $6,500 at one point? Or was that $5,600?

My point is that you could probably have an actual artist paint something entirely original on the cabinet and design and produce your own mirrored backglass for less than $3,500 and have something truly original and special. But hey, if you want Stern's ultra rare version of an ACDC pinball machine, go ahead and pay the $9k plus. BIB is a great looking machine. So is LTBR for that matter.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I wasn't necessarily suggesting making it look exactly the same. But let's say I was. The work you're describing would cost $5k? Ok. I'll play. Somehow Stern sold the whole machine for $6,500 at one point? Or was that $5,600?
My point is that you could probably have an actual artist paint something entirely original on the cabinet and design and produce your own mirrored backglass for less than $3,500 and have something truly original and special. But hey, if you want Stern's ultra rare version of an ACDC pinball machine, go ahead and pay the $9k plus. BIB is a great looking machine. So is LTBR for that matter.

This isn't Allentown anymore… we're allowed to go back to harassing each other again!

Speaking of LTBR, now that would be so much easier to make look exactly like a Premium but Stern did such a great job giving BIBLE a unique look all its own that I doubt it would ever be possible or worth the effort to try to get that look from a Premium. I still wish they would have done 'the unique thing' with Tron LE!

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I still wish they would have done 'the unique thing' with TRON LE!

They did. Coded/synched Ramp fiber optic lights. Moving recognizer. Drop targets. Silver outlines on playfield art. First game with LED inserts from factory. Chrome trim. DAFT PUNK ramps & End of Line Multiball. Unique in plenty of ways from the Pro. Difference between BIBLE & Premium is some stickers, rails & backglass. Game is exactly the same, nothing unique.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They did. Coded/synched Ramp fiber optic lights. Moving recognizer. Drop targets. Silver outlines on playfield art. First game with LED inserts from factory. Chrome trim. DAFT PUNK ramps & End of Line Multiball. Unique in plenty of ways from the Pro. Difference between BIBLE & Premium is some stickers, rails & backglass. Game is exactly the same, nothing unique.

Still looks too much like a Pro with chrome... unique artwork would have been the icing on the cake... especially now with Eli's ramp mod.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Difference between BIBLE & Premium is some stickers, rails & backglass. Game is exactly the same, nothing unique.

Lol, hilarious how you think Tron and Tron LE is so different yet BIBLE and Premium is only different because of "some stickers"... LOL, typical Hero...

I like Tron and Tron LE I just simply wish Stern would have made unique cabinet art for the LE... and so do you I bet.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Lol, hilarious how you think Tron and TRON LE is so different yet BIBLE and Premium is only different because of "some stickers"... LOL, typical Hero...

His still pissed that he is such a big collector and let the BIBLE slip through his hands,especially since AC/DC is the best game in decades !!

#47 9 years ago

I know that I am in the minority on this but out of all of the different versions available, I prefer the artwork package on the original premium the most. The Pro just sucks. Lucy is neat but has nothing to do with the band. LTBR and BIB are not worth the added cost. I love my premium and would not exchange it for any other version. Just imagine how hard it is going to be to find replacement parts for a BIB in the future. Need a backglass? Yours just broke? Good luck finding one AND being able to afford it!

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Still looks too much like a Pro with chrome... unique artwork would have been the icing on the cake... especially now with Eli's ramp mod.

It has unique artwork on the playfield. Different inserts, silver outlines, and all the actual features. Eli's ramps are fine but don't compare to the original. It would be as if someone made custom Back in Black decals for AC/DC Premiums

Quoted from teekee:

Lol, hilarious how you think Tron and TRON LE is so different yet BIBLE and Premium is only different because of "some stickers"... LOL, typical Hero...

Why is that hilarious? What I stated was fact. Look at the playfields. LITERALLY THE SAME. What's different about AC/DC LE and Prem? Cabinet decals. Backglass. Trim. That is a fact. Look at Tron Pro and Tron LE playfields....LITERALLY DIFFERENT.

Quoted from teekee:

I like Tron and TRON LE I just simply wish Stern would have made unique cabinet art for the LE... and so do you I bet.

I do? Why? It's wedged between two other games. I look at the playfield and enjoy the features on it.

Quoted from McCune:

His still pissed that he is such a big collector and let the BIBLE slip through his hands,especially since AC/DC is the best game in decades !!

I'm not a "big collector". I buy pinball games to enjoy....and I agree AC/DC is awesome. By playing AC/DC Premium I'm playing the EXACT SAME GAME as the LE. Just as I would enjoy Metallica Premium just as much as the LE. It's just logic. I have nothing to be pissed about. The Premium translite is my favorite of all versions & the red trim matches the color scheme of the game, so I'm perfectly happy.

It's so obnoxious to belittle people who want/have/enjoy the Premium...sure, if the LE was $6600 now like it was at launch, of course it would make sense to get one. However, the question for TODAY is: do you pay a scalper another games-worth of dough for the LE? Why bother, Prem's the same game? Tron has a valid reason to be more expensive than the Pro, as it actually has FEATURES that are vastly different. Logic logic logic.

#49 9 years ago

There's actually a thread that just popped up, where some poor guy's backglass broke. The replacement cost him $400 from Stern and he was told he got lucky as it was the last one they had. Hopefully someone will make repros, but of course that'll ding the value.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

By playing AC/DC Premium I'm playing the EXACT SAME GAME as the LE. The Premium translite is my favorite of all versions & the red trim matches the color scheme of the game, so I'm perfectly happy.
...sure, if the LE was $6600 now like it was at launch, of course it would make sense to get one.

Whoa!!!!!! Did you just contradict yourself?

Why would it "make sense" that you pay more than a premium, if the le was 6600 today? Wouldn't you be better off as you stated, getting the premium, cheaper today, because after all, as you like to say, over and over, "IT"S THE SAME GAME"? Trying to follow your logic, here.

"Hello my name is Greg, and I missed out on the BIB LE."

"Welcome to the club".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

16,500 (Firm)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-bible-or-nib-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.