7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by RGR
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Wow... they must really love AC/DC over there! 11k USD and still 8 days left on this auction. Gonna be following this one

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AC-DC-LIMITED-EDITION-BACK-BLACK-PINBALL-MACHINE-/190708541910?pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item2c671d69d6

#2 7 years ago
    Quoted from marlboroman:

Wow... they must really love AC/DC over there! 11k USD and still 8 days left on this auction. Gonna be following this one
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AC-DC-LIMITED-EDITION-BACK-BLACK-PINBALL-MACHINE-/190708541910?pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item2c671d69d6

Ppl here think that if they buy a rare machine or a themed pinball that they can flog it off & make money on it.
    Sad thing is that ppl here will actually pay rediculous prices.

#3 7 years ago

"Sad thing is that ppl here will actually pay rediculous prices."

I can say that if I personally lived in Australia then I would be a serious buyer, especially at that price level.

#4 7 years ago

Worth every cent and that's not a rediculous price.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gorgar1:

Worth every cent and that's not a rediculous price.

Yeah it is.
    I am not silly enough to pay that amount.

#6 7 years ago

How much does it cost to ship a pin to Oz. Let's say even a new Stern.

#7 7 years ago

Stupid price

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from EEE:

How much does it cost to ship a pin to Oz. Let's say even a new Stern.

I'm not 100% sure but all the AC/DC pin's where sent by sea to keep the cost down but I have heard about $1500 to air freight one out.

#9 7 years ago

There only going to go up from here the LE's

#10 7 years ago

Hi guy's sold my BIB LE NIB for $12000.00 Aust $ about a month ago .

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tastysirloin:

Hi guy's sold my BIB LE NIB for $12000.00 Aust $ about a month ago .

Did that sell in Australia?

#12 7 years ago

There is no reason for this just someone with too much cash buying on a whim, the exception to the rule. Not all Australians are suckers.

#13 7 years ago

Guys...Go to E-Bay Australia and look up completed auctions. A NIB BIBLE sold for $18000 AD. A HUO SMB sold for $18000. I have a HUO BSM I was going to sell to a guy in Australia and he moved to $9000 to try and get me to sell to him...Now I see why!!!

And BTW he only needs $8500 AD to get me my $9000 USD. But he will also spend $1500 to ship it! So he would be in my BSM $10,000.

#14 7 years ago

I sold my Miss World to a guy in Australia...There's no doubt he paid more for shipping that he paid for the game

#15 7 years ago

To much money in Australia lol

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from sepins:

Guys...Go to E-Bay Australia and look up completed auctions. A NIB BIBLE sold for $18000 AD. A HUO SMB sold for $18000. I have a HUO BSM I was going to sell to a guy in Australia and he moved to $9000 to try and get me to sell to him...Now I see why!!!

WTF!!!! That is insane man!

#17 7 years ago

Yeah the US guys have it good when it comes to buying NIBs... Way cheaper over there. Dont forget that I believe an NIB ACDC Bible was $9250 here....

#18 7 years ago

Wow RGR...That's 40% more. You think if the new code is as good as anticipated it could pass MM on pricing down under?

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from RUS7T3:

Yeah it is.
    I am not silly enough to pay that amount.

You think it's silly, others don't. Its an auction and demand determines price.
    I was offered 11.5 for my LTBR a month ago.
    Not for sale!
    I think this machine has got the XFactor because the creators are big AC/DC fans and
    were inspired to put a bit of magic into it. And there is still more code to come! Imho prices will rise even further.
    Yes we love AC/DC down here! And Ive heard rumours of another album!

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Dont forget that I believe an NIB ACDC Bible was $9250 here....

They're giving one away free at the national championships:

http://www.inmycommunity.com.au/news-and-views/local-news/National-challenge-is-on-to-find-the-highest-scoring-pinball-wizard/7628196/

You should go for it.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

They're giving one away free at the national championships:

Well there you go ... Now the price will spike up by another 2k

#22 7 years ago

just got off the phone with my buddy who also owns an AC/DC BIB. He is willing to sell it if anyone is interested. 100 plays and a couple of mods... can be packed and shipped to Australia.

Mine ain't goin nowhere

#23 7 years ago

AC/DC will Fall in price. It's all Hype from the buyers atm.
    Give it time.

#24 7 years ago

Yeah mate l'll be giving it a crack... Would have thought that there would be been more ACDCs that registered for this comp... Only about 20 at the moment. I think they are giving away a Premium as well... Still I wont knock it back

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from Squizz:

AC/DC will Fall in price. It's all Hype from the buyers atm.
    Give it time.

I think the LE's will fall in price due to the existence of the premium model. No reason for people to go for the LE's at that price range when the premiums play the exact same and have all the same extra's other than the artwork and backglass (that is correct right? The premiums do have the same LED lighting and what not right?).

#26 7 years ago

Yeah I agree to a point... But I guess in 10-15 years time, an NIB ACDC will be quite expensive.

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Yeah I agree to a point... But I guess in 10-15 years time, an NIB ACDC will be quite expensive.

Good Point, But all NIB machines after 10 - 15 years will be worth more
    Even a shite WOF

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Well, I'd suggest getting the battery out. I have not seen the AC/DC battery, I'm guessing it is the same round lithium battery that is in FGY, Tron, and XMen...and that does last for five or six years so everyone says...but in 10-15 years you may have a mess on your hands. Do those round batteries ever leak?

#29 7 years ago

That isn't the only thing that we pay too much for in Australia , have you had a look at US made cars ?

That is why you will see many people importing older (classic) cars and pinballs from the US into Australia.

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Yeah mate l'll be giving it a crack... Would have thought that there would be been more ACDCs that registered for this comp... Only about 20 at the moment. I think they are giving away a Premium as well... Still I wont knock it back

First prize is actually just the Pro version of ACDC . Hopefully see you at the finals RGR .

#31 7 years ago

Yeah 35 locations, not 20... Hhmmm a Pro??? Where you see this?

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from sepins:

Guys...Go to E-Bay Australia and look up completed auctions. A NIB BIBLE sold for $18000 AD

Please find the listing for this and post it because I sure as hell can't find it!
    I check aus ebay almost daily and have no recollection of this.
    I call BS. 10k+ on this title is just plain stupid but hey whats that saying...a fool and his money are easily parted...that may well be the case.

#33 7 years ago

Saw that Auction.
    I Call BS also!

#34 7 years ago

Try going to advanced and then click on completed auctions. Really isn't rocket science.
    I live in the States and could care less if it is BS. You guys love the band and are definitely inflating prices on this pin!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item53ed3c696d&item=360462444909&nma=true&pt=AU_CoinOp&rt=nc&si=lWx62ppWUFGwmB%252BCuVCgluV6r%252Fk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_500wt_922

#35 7 years ago

! ! ! that IS a crazy price!! Doesn't even include freight!
    Yeh that's gotta be too much..
    Maybe some rich AC/DC fans only just found out these things exist and just had to have one and got caught up in a bidding war?
    Or was it a 'Buy Now' price? I can't see the list of bidders anywhere.
    No photo either, not even an LE number ?...

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Yeah 35 locations, not 20... Hhmmm a Pro??? Where you see this?

It's a picture of a Pro on the posters that have to be displayed with the qualifying machines . It says on the posters " Win this Pinball Machine " which could end up being confusing as some people will think that they will be winning the actual machine they are qualifying on .

#37 7 years ago

There as an article in Pingame journal about the high demand in Australia. How the one distributor had to actually choose who to sell the NIB AC/DC 's to!

Any thing AC/DC sells over there! According to my buddy... @Ahdelarge on www.twitter.com There was tons of pent up demand, I have a feeling there will be more crazy sales over there unless Stern sends more over. I'd much rather see Stern make the money, not some opportunistic, non pinball player, trying to make a quick buck.

-Aaron

#38 7 years ago

Well you can get Premiums so theres plenty more to be hard. I would have thought there would have been more than 35 on site for the comp tho...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 17.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    BK Pinball
    $ 14.95
    $ 229.99
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 269.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Boards
    PCB Emporium
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 229.99
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 18.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Top-Notch Target Shields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside