Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Tmezel
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20140531_164407.jpg

#1 5 years ago

This is a word of caution to premium and LE owners. Check the shimming of the bell and ensure the opto interruptor DOES NOT hit the opto! On my Luci, the bell pivot hinge has about 1/4 inch play and that allows the interruptor to contact the opto. Ultimately this could lead to the opto getting snapped off the board. I'm glad I caught this in time!

Maybe this was covered already..?

Rob

20140531_164407.jpg
#2 5 years ago

it is really easy to shift over if it is too close.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

it is really easy to shift over if it is too close.

I know, I just posted the picture for reference of how the interruptor can contact the opto and probably break it.

Rob

#4 5 years ago

As I shimmed the bell, it became apparent that the screw on the right might have been loose which caused the lateral play. This was not threadlocked nor did it have a lock washer. I put a lock washer on it so it should be good now.

So check the screw on the end of the shaft and make sure it's not loose..

Rob

#5 5 years ago

Thanks for the info, I'll give mine a check

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

As I shimmed the bell, it became apparent that the screw on the right might have been loose which caused the lateral play. This was not threadlocked nor did it have a lock washer. I put a lock washer on it so it should be good now.
So check the screw on the end of the shaft and make sure it's not loose..
Rob

Good Caution notice--thanks for posting.

#7 5 years ago

My NIB was the same way. Adjusted it before destruction.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside