You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

burnout1 (resized).jpg
acdc2 (resized).jpg
acdc1 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20170517-202101 (resized).png
There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I thinking 7k stock mint and HUO

If you find one at that price HUO and want one buy it quickly. It does not take too many mods to get into the $7800 range.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I thinking 7k stock mint and HUO

If you find one at that price HUO and want one buy it quickly. It does not take too many mods to get into the $7800 range.

#53 7 years ago

I think when taking prices into account, you have to look at the current selling price of Premiums ($7K) and also account for the price of a rare/highly desirable machine (Tron, AC/DC).

Anything under $7K for a mint HUO machine would be an incredible deal right now IMO.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I think when taking prices into account, you have to look at the current selling price of Premiums ($7K) and also account for the price of a rare/highly desirable machine (Tron, AC/DC).
Anything under $7K for a mint HUO machine would be an incredible deal right now IMO.

A few Premiums have changed hands in the mid/high 6's recently. Most started in the low 7's, but the market pushed it a bit lower.

2 months later
#55 7 years ago

Looks like AC/DC is probably being re-run or vaulted soon, based on last Friday's Stern tour comment. Hopefully they fix the LED insert timings. XMEN and AC/DC are seizure-inducing to look at because they don't work well with the LEDs, being Stern's first attempt at it.

#56 7 years ago

What did they say to lead you to believe they are doing a rerun last Friday?

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks like AC/DC is probably being re-run or vaulted soon, based on last Friday's Stern tour comment. Hopefully they fix the LED insert timings. XMEN and AC/DC are seizure-inducing to look at because they don't work well with the LEDs, being Stern's first attempt at it.

Seizure inducing?

You're kidding. Right?

I'll be curious to see how cheap these new run games feel... Stern's choice of materials are so stripped down at this point

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from Spg101:

What did they say to lead you to believe they are doing a rerun last Friday?

Around the 13:00 minute mark of the factory floor video last Friday someone asked "Are you going to do a new AC/DC ? machine" to which Jody replied by repeating the question, then giving an interesting answer: "Are you going to do a NEW AC/DC pinball machine? Biffen (the guy's name)...What if we did the old AC/DC pinball machine...just kept making it, would that be cool? We don't need a whole brand new one, though, do we?"

Seems like a strong indicator that the sustained, high pricing on AC/DC Premiums brought Stern back to the licensing table and they may have already completed a deal to make more.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Seizure inducing?
You're kidding. Right?
I'll be curious to see how cheap these new run games feel... Stern's choice of materials are so stripped down at this point

Not kidding. The LED attack and decay is too abrupt, so instead of a incandescent-like strobing on the inserts, you get harsh blinking, unlike the later LED efforts. It's an easy fix. I hope they do it.

#60 7 years ago

Someone already pointed it out earlier, but Stern was having issues with getting the license renewed with ACDC. I don't think they will be making any more until they can get over that hump first.

#61 7 years ago

I hope it doesn't take away from their Star Wars sales, but AC/DC is just that great of a game where they SHOULD re-run it for awhile. It would be GREAT if it got the whole LCD screen treatment, but it would cost a lot of money and time to do it.

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not kidding. The LED attack and decay is too abrupt, so instead of a incandescent-like strobing on the inserts, you get harsh blinking, unlike the later LED efforts. It's an easy fix. I hope they do it.

I've owned one for years... never even thought twice about it... never had one single person – novice or player – saying anything about it.

Game is a ton of fun to play and has zero light issues.

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Can't you just install an LED-OCD board or are they surface mount LED's?

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I've owned one for years... never even thought twice about it... never had one single person – novice or player – saying anything about it.
Game is a ton of fun to play and has zero light issues.

I have to say I'm with dnast on this. I like the like light show. Not as good as WoZ but still fun. It has some wow factor to it. Love the game. When I first got it I thought these were incandescent bulbs, but as I looked closer they were LEDs. Hell we even had a kid over to play it that has seizures and it was no problem, other than he prefers WoZ.....

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Can't you just install an LED-OCD board or are they surface mount LED's?

The LED OCD guy says no-go on AC/DC or X-MEN, which is why I even mentioned this. If Stern can tweak it before re-running, we won't need an LED-OCD for it.

#66 7 years ago

With all due respect... this is an example of a "problem" that needs no solution... because it's not a problem... same goes for the notion of Stern putting an LCD in a re-run.

I could care less if they do... but to what end? The game is already proven as super fun, as is. That's years of proof. Changes (and the sure to be mega up-charges) by Stern would create buzz, but the overall game experience would be the same.

Something doesn't smell right here.

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

With all due respect... this is an example of a "problem" that needs no solution... because it's not a problem... same goes for the notion of Stern putting an LCD in a re-run.
I could care less if they do... but to what end? The game is already proven as super fun, as is. That's years of proof. Changes (and the sure to be mega up-charges) by Stern would create buzz, but the overall game experience would be the same.
Something doesn't smell right here.

I'm not interested in changing the playfield art or adding an LCD or anything. I think that's pie-in-the-sky dreaming. The re-run will be fine as-is (since I think LED-OCD will eventually made to work with it), but if Stern made the fix to LED timing themselves so the lighting is more strobe-like and less blinky, that would be awesome.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm not interested in changing the playfield art or adding an LCD or anything. I think that's pie-in-the-sky dreaming. The re-run will be fine as-is (since I think LED-OCD will eventually made to work with it), but if Stern made the fix to LED timing themselves so the lighting is more strobe-like and less blinky, that would be awesome.

I agree about the art, etc.

#69 7 years ago

The Stern LEDs can be turned on and off as fast or as slow as the programmer wants to. No need for LED-OCD. I never had a problem with the LEDs on ACDC and I am sensitive to harsh LEDs. I have used my share of LED-OCD boards in the old WMS games.

By the way, when they released IMVE, Stern added a setting in the new software release to choose LEDs or incandescent bulbs. The LED setting turns the bulbs on and off slower, not flicker or ghost and makes aftermarket LEDs installed in the original IMs look fantastic. One thing I would like to see as a setting in every Stern game is the on/off time of the LEDs. Maybe Slow, Medium and Fast. Some people actually like that harsh look.

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

The Stern LEDs can be turned on and off as fast or as slow as the programmer wants to. No need for LED-OCD. I never had a problem with the LEDs on ACDC and I am sensitive to harsh LEDs. I have used my share of LED-OCD boards in the old WMS games.

I have no idea what level of granularity the hardware allows the software, but that's why I said it would be nice if they fixed it (either with a hardware revision or more options in software) for the re-run. IMO, X-MEN and AC/DC are the worst offenders in the Stern LCD age, and I chalk that up to being the first efforts. I know they can do better, I just hope they take the re-run opportunity to do that.

#71 7 years ago

The light show on AC/DC is fantastic! That's one of the things that I love about the game. Of coarse I have the pinbits lightning bolts with no filtets on them that go off like a camera flash in your face but I love that. Others have said it's to bright but I guess to each his own. I guess I like harsh lighting?

#72 7 years ago

Jody has no authority to tell anyone what is or is not going to be vaulted.. his response is canned just like every other question of "will XXX be re-released or vaulted"? Drawing a conclusion from his statement alone is purely speculative, just like every other rumor of Vaults.

Other games that people have asked to be vaulted (over and over and over) are Tron and LOTR. If you search for Tron being vaulted, the same speculation is there also.

Nobody outside of a few Stern executives know what's being vaulted next and when it will be done. It sure appears that the factory has no shortage of pins to build with the high demand of it's current lineup.

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Jody has no authority to tell anyone what is or is not going to be vaulted.. his response is canned just like every other question of "will XXX be re-released or vaulted"? Drawing a conclusion from his statement alone is purely speculative, just like every other rumor of Vaults.

The timing of this comment on their official page was just interesting because I had heard a re-run was coming (when this thread started), but back then it was supposed to be impossible.

We'll see...

#74 7 years ago

If they do make a vault acdc it will be spike theirs a lot of light mods that wont work with spike

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

If they do make a vault acdc it will be spike theirs a lot of light mods that wont work with spike

Stern has said in the past all vault editions will be made on whatever platform they were originally released on. So i'd expect it to be a SAM system game.

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Mmm...don't think so. I can see them doing that for a LotR vault as a one time thing, but I don't see them taking the time and trouble to fix something like AC/DC that's already pretty great.

#77 7 years ago

Said this earlier: stern is the master of grabbing attention and keeping the focus of collectors. They have folks transfixed, holding cash and waiting for that next title.

Wish I could say I trust Stern as a company, but for a variety of reasons, I don't. One thing for sure: there is zero chance they do any vault with the customer's best interests in mind.

#78 7 years ago

I'm a VE skeptic (probably because I already have one). Some comments made on a tour aren't that convincing.

They wouldn't want to cannibalize other machine sales at the same price, so the the only way a VE makes sense is if they can charge way more than an existing model.

So if they charge extra for a VE, like the BM66 pricing model, then original prices will still remain high.

They just have 0 incentive to sell ACDC's with a price structure like AFMr. Where with CG, every sale is a new sale.

Either way, I'm enjoying my ACDC today. and I've never had an issue with the lights.

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

I'm a VE skeptic (probably because I already have one). Some comments made on a tour aren't that convincing.
They wouldn't want to cannibalize other machine sales at the same price, so the the only way a VE makes sense is if they can charge way more than an existing model.
So if they charge extra for a VE, like the BM66 pricing model, then original prices will still remain high.
They just have 0 incentive to sell ACDC's with a price structure like AFMr. Where with CG, every sale is a new sale.
Either way, I'm enjoying my ACDC today. and I've never had an issue with the lights.

I'm ok if current prices fall.... it took me a while to realize this, but modern Sterns aren't collectible. The variables that make something collectible aren't well represented by stern's manufacturing model. Anyone buying a Stern should only pay high prices if it's a game they really want to play. Any notion of buying-in on something that's special or collectible should be kicked to the curb.

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I'm ok if current prices fall.... it took me a while to realize this, but modern Sterns aren't collectible.

I'm okay if prices fall, but this simply isn't true. If it was, Tron, ACDC premium, GB LE, etc. wouldn't be going for more than their NIB prices were.

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm okay if prices fall, but this simply isn't true. If it was, Tron, ACDC premium, GB LE, etc. wouldn't be going for more than their NIB prices were.

It is true... because Stern manufactures collectability... and they've already shown that they'll re-open manufacturing of any title (At any time) if it means they can make more money. Pins of yesteryear weren't manufactured for - or marketed toward - direct to consumer. I'm not saying folks should stop buying... but, folks should never buy assuming they are buying some kind of collectable.

#82 7 years ago

Speculate all you want... no one knows. All of the Stern guys (Gary, Jared, Jody, Ritchie, etc., etc.) are constantly hounded with the question of what Vault game is next. Hell, at the party a few weekends ago I heard 3 separate people ask Gary Stern at different times. They don't want to say no, so the answer just comes off any way the person interprets it (yes!).

I would have never picked Spiderman to be redone (don't get me wrong, great game, just surprised the hell out of me) nor did I figure Batman would be re-done like it was.

So the bottom line? Don't hold your breath on anything and just buy what you want and don't worry about it. (just my humble opinion).

#83 7 years ago

Let me just say this...I HATE people that buy machines just because they think the value will go up, then bitch and moan (and price pump) when it doesn't. This is a hobby...not an investment opportunity. There are quite a few on this site that are like that...can't stand that s**t.

(In fact, I think I'll cross-post this on the "things you hate" thread!)

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Let me just say this...I HATE people that buy machines just because they think the value will go up, then bitch and moan (and price pump) when it doesn't. This is a hobby...not an investment opportunity. There are quite a few on this site that are like that...can't stand that s**t.
(In fact, I think I'll cross-post this on the "things you hate" thread!)

Forget hating the behavior, I wonder why people even DO that. It seems like for every one you guess "right" you'll have at least 3 or 4 disappointments. Pinball is supposed to be fun.

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Forget hating the behavior, I wonder why people even DO that. It seems like for every one you guess "right" you'll have at least 3 or 4 disappointments. Pinball is supposed to be fun.

Pinball was fun at 3K-5K.

At 7-15K, it becomes more of an investment/commodity to many.

#86 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Pinball was fun at 3K-5K.
At 7-15K, it becomes more of an investment/commodity to many.

It's more like $7-9k, really. Stern has destroyed the $15k tier with their first poorly-handled, ongoing trainwreck. But pinball is generally a bad investment vehicle. Too many ways to lost money. So, just buy what you think you will like and just enjoy the machines. If you don't, sell it within the first month or two and you won't get hurt too badly.

1 month later
#87 6 years ago

Looks like Frostymug was wrong and what I heard 4 months ago was right. AC/DC re-run is coming.

That said, looks like Frostymug checked out of Pinside. He was having health issues. I hope he's all right.

#88 6 years ago

Let's nip this in the bud now, per George Gomez and Gary Stern, AC/DC will never be re-run.

So keep talking about it if you want to, but until you interview Gomez, your just spinning your wheels.

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

Let's nip this in the bud now, per George Gomez and Gary Stern, AC/DC will never be re-run.
So keep talking about it if you want to, but until you interview Gomez, your just spinning your wheels.

Limelime
Where did you here this? Do you know someone who talked to George? Side note I heard Tron VE with lighted ramps Ect was in the que, anyone else hear this rumor?

#90 6 years ago

This is still nothing but a rumor. Someone pops in and says a "dealer" has information about a re-run and now it's a "go"?

We all know that with the quality issues and high prices of the new Sterns, the old ones are not going to lose their value anyways.

The only request I have if the happen to do a vault- new playfield artwork by Dirty Donnie!

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

I used to think that too. Next month or so should be very interesting.

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

You mean the Gomez who promised Batman '66 code every two weeks "until we getcha there", which never happened, even once. Most code drops have been in the 4-5 week range. Yeah, I'll stick with the pretty pervasive and specific rumors from people that usually know these things that more AC/DC is coming.

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

This is still nothing but a rumor. Someone pops in and says a "dealer" has information about a re-run and now it's a "go"?
We all know that with the quality issues and high prices of the new Sterns, the old ones are not going to lose their value anyways.
The only request I have if the happen to do a vault- new playfield artwork by Dirty Donnie!

Well, it must be a strong rumor if NIB stash is suddenly turning up for sale now? There's 2 LE and 2 Luci so far...

It's a pipe dream to hope for a code refresh I know, but that's what I want.

Rob

#94 6 years ago

He just said in a recent interview that anything can be vaulted so I'd say it's coming

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

So you think they'll do an AC/DC vault whilst they still have stock of KISS sitting? I don't. Also, KISS license is probably fixed term. If they End Of Life it before that term is up, it will reflect very badly on them.
No chance before mid '18 if they've recently got the license, unless other titles somehow fall through or get delayed.
I'd like to see it happen eventually, because it looks like it's the only way code will get updated. But it ain't happening soon.

I would say judging by this screenshot of the Australian distributors website, Kiss is pretty well done. They never put sold out on a pro or premium until they are no longer being made.

Screenshot_20170517-202101 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170517-202101 (resized).png

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Some info posted on our Belgian forum (source seems German, prices are euro)
Vorankündigung!!!
Vorbestellungen ab sofort!!!
Stern Flipper Star Wars Pro mit LCD (Juli August 2017) Euro 5480,-- (6576,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper Star Wars Premium mit LCD (September 2017) Euro 7680,-- (9216,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper Star Wars LE mit LCD (August September 2017) Euro 8980,-- (10776,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper AC/DC Pro Vault Edition (Juli August 2017) Euro 5150,-- (6180,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper AC/DC Premium Vault Edition (August 2017) Euro 7150,-- (8580,-- inkl. MwSt)

For all who doubt, cross posted from the Star Wars (edit: and also the other AC/DC VE thread.)

#97 6 years ago

I want an AC/DC, but I don't want to play the Stern lottery for it. There would be no way I could know that I'd get a good playfield, a good cabinet, or a good "next cost cutting measure".

And please notice I didn't say "perfect", I said "good" which I will define as an integral part being able to perform its intended function without falling apart or otherwise turning to crap two months later. Not a high standard at all. And the bigger problem with that is it doesn't go away. The splitting cabinets wouldn't have been that big an issue on their own. But it seemed obvious to me that it was because of cost reductions in their construction, and it came on the heels of the playfields going through the same thing. I have no idea where Stern will cut into costs next, or if those ones are done. I'll leave that risk to you guys.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

Boom! You were saying?

When will people finally realize Gomez truth/reality ratio is near zero these days? You can't believe a word he says.

This is the Pro. Interested to see what the Premium looks like...

acdc1 (resized).jpgacdc1 (resized).jpg
acdc2 (resized).jpgacdc2 (resized).jpg

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Boom! You were saying?

He does own AC/DC

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

16,500 (Firm)
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-being-re-run/page/2?hl=spg101 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.