Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Billr317
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

deluxe-spiderman-pinball-machine-high-quality-cushioned-3m-target-protectors_1870008 (resized).JPG

#1 2 years ago

Picked up a nice AC/DC prem and the band mech isnt firing properly. It fires, but at times it doesn't come back. I have tried filing the plunger and the stop, helped a bit. I then put a little chunk of super band between the plunger and stop to see if it was a plunger/stop contact issue and it is, but the superband limits the movement of the band members.

I would buy a new mech, but can't find on Marco or pinball life. Any idea's how I can get it working?

#2 2 years ago

I know what you mean. Mine had it to from new on. I enhanced the spring tension which improved it but never got it 100% correct, more like 90%+.

So I replaced it with pinballmiked' LCD mod. Much nicer and works always

#3 2 years ago

maybe a stern dealer can get you a mech. now that AC/DC is going back on the line

#4 2 years ago

Funny, I had the same issue with mine when new. Stern kept having me lubricate it to no luck, and I took everything apart on it multiple times to trouble shoot with no change. They finally exchanged it for a new one which fixed it so not sure what the ultimate cause was.

#5 2 years ago

On mine, the coil stop is magnetized. I ordered a new one. Hope to see it soon.

#6 2 years ago

Update: So I have temporarily fixed it, may be permanent, time will tell. After I cleaned it, files the stopper and the plunger, ensured that it was stopper and the plunger that was the issue and not anything else, I was left with this may be a magnetized issue. So, I cut a small round piece from a target protector that i had left over from a spiderman game (see attched pic)

deluxe-spiderman-pinball-machine-high-quality-cushioned-3m-target-protectors_1870008 (resized).JPG

and stuck it to the coil stop. Now the plastic band members, go back and forth to the beat. But, I dont think it will last forever... So, Spazzman90,

Quoted from spazzman90:

On mine, the coil stop is magnetized. I ordered a new one. Hope to see it soon.

what did you order and where did you order it, Id like a back up

#7 2 years ago

...so I played it allot yesterday, still working perfectly and the added bonus is with the piece of the target protector on the coil stop, it has quieted the mech noise as well...

1 year later
#8 11 months ago

Could you post a picture of what and where you placed the plastic?

Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Itasca, IL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monclova, OH
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
6,066 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside