Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jpc211245
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jpc211245.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I have a Luci and when I enter the mini playfield the ball drains then it will not relaunch, and it makes this loud ticking noise. The ball is not hitting the kicker that's shoots it back up the mini playfield. Any ideas on what might be wrong? I am a total newby and any help is appreciated. Thanks

#2 9 years ago

One other bit of info not sure if it matters. I installed a topper last night and it was not having this problem with the mini playfield prior. Also I noticed that when I lifted the playfield the balls came out of the main launch area and slammed the back of the machine. That has never happened when I have lifted the playfield before.

#4 9 years ago

Thank you for the tip. I will examine it closely for a wire issue. The ticking noise is rather loud.

#9 9 years ago

Thanks everybody for all your help. I have tried reseating the opto wires without any luck thus far. The coil test has been done and it is working fine. The playfield was sitting level so the balls should return to the normal position. I am trying to upload a video of the issue but so far I have not been able to make that happen either. Thanks again eveyone, without you all I would have no shot to fix it.

#12 9 years ago

Thanks all, It seems that the opto plugs are secure as I reset them. When I look into the lower playfield there is a red light that looks like it is coming from the right side of where the ball rests. If I use the mini flippers it will sometimes launch the ball as expected but there is a significant delay along with the before mentioned rapid ticking noise. The opto wires do not appear to be cut.

#13 9 years ago

I was able to get a video of the problem.

#19 9 years ago

Thanks for the help everyone, and you were right on with the optos. The issue is now fixed as the optos and the amplifier board were switched out. It now works perfect!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 12.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jpc211245.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-ball-will-not-launch-from-mini-playfield?tu=jpc211245 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.