• 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by iceman44
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

acdc.jpg
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

You wont be dissapointed. Look at the shaker threads or anything else he is involved with. 100% customer service. Pay 500 on Ebay for one and good luck! You are in good hands and have a one hell of a Pinball machine : )

#52 11 years ago

It's a great game and to me the BIB version looks the best. Enjoy your pin!!!

#53 11 years ago

Excuse my ignorance but aren't retailers still selling AC/DC Premium editions for ~$6,000 NIB? What's the difference between the Premium edition and the Limited Edition (apart from artwork and one being "limited"). Is there a difference in gameplay?

#54 11 years ago

Same gameplay. Art work, real back glass, Lazer cut side armor with custom color. What am I forgetting? BIB version sold out fast.

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from drshaw:

Excuse my ignorance but aren't retailers still selling AC/DC Premium editions for ~$6,000 NIB? What's the difference between the Premium edition and the Limited Edition (apart from artwork and one being "limited"). Is there a difference in gameplay?

Yes. And I think it's ridiculous that someone would pay $3K extra for an art package! With Tron LE, there is no premium, so it's the LE for $3K more or you're stuck with the pro. With AC/DC, you get the exact same gameplay and playfield toys in both Premium and LE.

BIBLE is one game I see that has potential to drop in value... which only matters to those that bought late and paid the premium price IMO.

#56 11 years ago

Unless you love the band and the art package of that LE. Plenty of people do. Its a good example of what LE should be. Collectable.
Ideally they would make Premiums for the folks that will pay more for the game play and make maybe even less LEs but leave them for the collectors. Either pinheads or collectors of that genre.

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from ChevelleSSguy:

While I do agree with you in some aspects. Your most certainly wrong regarding the part about Chevy dealers. Almost any dealer now days will have no problem doing what I call "price gouging" customers with a "market adjustment" price added to the MSRP of certain makes and models out there. Chevy dealers are having a field day marking up new the new Camaro models and Ford dealers are having thier way marking up Mustangs for the same reason. IMO, its a bitch move on the dealers part just to gouge more money out of customers. I wish the OEMs would put a stop to it but what can you do accept wait until the desire comes down enough to get one without that damn markup. Personally, I kind of hope Stern would do something like that too. Prices on pinball machines are getting insane enough without the help of distributors holding out to get a few bucks more on machines. But if the machine does tank, so does the profit (and even risk a loss).

Gouging is done on necessities, not luxury items.

#58 11 years ago

^ Suddenly, Automated Service's $7999 on a NIB SM or $8295 (w/shaker) on a NIB LOTR LE does not seem that absurd.

http://www.pinballs.com/

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

BIBLE is one game I see that has potential to drop in value... which only matters to those that bought late and paid the premium price IMO.

Drop in value compared to what?

Anyone who got in on a BIB LE with a pre-order has already seen the value of their investment increase rather dramatically. It sold out quickly, even after the distributors raised the price by $1k after the pin was released. It's been out for a while now, and the ratings are quite positive. LE's will always be the preferred model, even with the Premium available. I don't see the value of BIB LE going down at all.

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't see the value of BIB LE going down at all.

Nope, me neither. The BIB LE is really popular and was the first choice for many buyers.
My dealer had 9 for sale and all went the first day he got them.
By comparison, the LTBR took about 2 weeks to go, and he only got 3 of them.
That was the first time an LE sold out in 1 day. TFLE comes second with all Autobot and Decepticon editions (4 each) sold out in 3 days.

#61 11 years ago

It may be the best music themed pin ever. If it is, the value will go up over time. Premiums and pros will follow suit later. Are they going to do any more Pro runs after the last batch of Premums are finished?

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from murfe88:

Sorry but I dont think it is right if you are a distributor that you can hold a couple back to sell down the road for a few thousand more. A class act seller to me is not someone looking to really socket to some of his customers down the road when the price goes up .

Really? if he got it for a $1 would he have to sell it to you for $2, so you feel you are getting a good deal?

Its his game, retail distributor or not....9K with shipping is a bangin deal for an LE now....

If you wanted it cheap you shoulda bought pre-order....

Its worth what its worth, and he IS cutting a great price...

this is the last thread that shoud be getting any bashing on here !

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Drop in value compared to what?
Anyone who got in on a BIB LE with a pre-order has already seen the value of their investment increase rather dramatically. It sold out quickly, even after the distributors raised the price by $1k after the pin was released. It's been out for a while now, and the ratings are quite positive. LE's will always be the preferred model, even with the Premium available. I don't see the value of BIB LE going down at all.

Clarification: It's a home amusement device, not an 'investment.' Unless the real purpose of buying it is to flip and gouge somebody else. That said, I'm confident the current state of the hobby will correct itself soon, when the flood of nooBs run out of cash and realize their buying frenzy is leaving them with paper losses. (See: Beanie Babies, Cabbage Patch Kids...)

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Clarification: It's a home amusement device, not an 'investment.' Unless the real purpose of buying it is to flip and gouge somebody else. That said, I'm confident the current state of the hobby will correct itself soon, when the flood of nooBs run out of cash and realize their buying frenzy is leaving them with paper losses. (See: Beanie Babies, Cabbage Patch Kids...)

Semantics.

Change my use of the word "investment" to "purchase" to make Steven happy.

#66 11 years ago

Saw this one on EBAY yesterday. ebay.com link: AC DC LE BACK IN BLACK Pinball Machine by STERN FREE SHIPPING LOWER 48 LIM TIME $8595 NIB, shipped.

Given the market, this seems like it was a good deal.

#67 11 years ago

I'm sorry 9k for AC/DC is just insane... I've played the pro and premium and there is no way its worth it. I'm sorry but this trend can't and will not continue. I love the game don't get me wrong it's a blast and for the right price I would own one but not while this bubble is this big.... come on baby bust !!

#68 11 years ago

That's how I feel about BSM!

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

That's how I feel about BSM!

I was wondering when someone was going to bring that up. ACDC BIB has just as much chance to continue to grow due to the art package as did BSM. It won't be for everybody, a player might be satisfied with the Premium (which is why Premiums are a good idea, should have done it with Tron), but the art package on BIB is distinct.

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from Billmelater:

I was wondering when someone was going to bring that up. ACDC BIB has just as much chance to continue to grow due to the art package as did BSM. It won't be for everybody, a player might be satisfied with the Premium (which is why Premiums are a good idea, should have done it with Tron), but the art package on BIB is distinct.

BINGO!

Clearly if BSM can (and has) sustained it's significant value over the pro, BIB can easily do the same over the pro and Premium version of AC/DC.

#71 11 years ago

I love it when people say the pinball bubble will burst. There are currently less than 10000 machines made a year, and a potential market just in the US, Europe, and Australia around the 1 billion people mark.

I wonder what is going to happen to prices when 100 people (world wide!) decide they *have* to have a BIB LE whatever the cost.

People are deluding themselves if they think that prices are going to go down long term. It is much more likely that they'll go up over the next 10-15 years, and then start to go down as people aged 50+ start to pass away.

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from sleazius:

I love it when people say the pinball bubble will burst. There are currently less than 10000 machines made a year, and a potential market just in the US, Europe, and Australia around the 1 billion people mark.
I wonder what is going to happen to prices when 100 people (world wide!) decide they *have* to have a BIB LE whatever the cost.
People are deluding themselves if they think that prices are going to go down long term. It is much more likely that they'll go up over the next 10-15 years, and then start to go down as people aged 50+ start to pass away.

I started a thread on this very topic. People gave some thoughtful responses. I agree with the end of your statement. There just isn't enough interest in pinball for people under 30. And when people turn 50+, dead or not, their interest will wane.

#73 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

BINGO!
Clearly if BSM can (and has) sustained it's significant value over the pro, BIB can easily do the same over the pro and Premium version of AC/DC.

Spiderman has a TON more collectors appeal than an old, worn out rock band, so I see why BSM is worth what it is.

#74 11 years ago

Spider-Man is worth $$$! I've got one NIB!

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from MrMoose:

What likely matters here most is what the knucklehead who paid $9k for this thing thinks about all this noise.
That’s probably something stupid like:
1) This machine, new, is extremely hard to find.
2) Online listings are within a couple hundred dollars above or below this amount.
3) There will likely be a sustained after-market for this game.
4) This comes from a reputable dealer, close to home.
5) If there’s ever a problem, the dealer will likely help out.
6) This game sells itself, so the dealer probably spent hours with the customer, working hard to make sure that this was the proper purchase.
7) The buyer has probably spent a lot of time in business and doesn’t begrudge a dealer profit; knowing that it’s a good idea for a group of solid customers to try to help keep these brave souls in business.
The buyer likely had to be able to afford the cost of the thrill and joy and fun that comes to his family and friends by owning this game.
JJ and GameExchange did one thing wrong here; they probably under-priced the machine relative to the market. I know, because I’m the knucklehead who paid $9k for this Back in Black Limited Edition #205. Eventually I’ll happily sell it for less than I paid for it; our great memories will stay with us. I couldn’t possibly have been more pleased with this entire experience, to prove it I went back down there the other day and overpaid for another Limited Edition Stern masterpiece with Wolverine on the back glass.
These are great guys in a tough business and I can’t thank them, or recommend them, enough. And I fully intend to continue working with them for many years to come (if they forgive me for stealing the last of their brand new BIB LE’s for a meager $9k).

This is the best post on pinside ever. Welcome to the hobby and welcome to pinside. You have a great distributor by the way (one I happily share with you). Enjoy your games and build some memories!

#76 11 years ago

I don't see the bubble busting either. Too many new fans of pinball coming along right now which I think is a good thing. Two years ago it was a bleak outlook and now it is not. We have new manufacturers. We have better New games being sold. The best is we have many new people enjoying the game and keeping it alive.

#77 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I don't see the bubble busting either. Too many new fans of pinball coming along right now which I think is a good thing. Two years ago it was a bleak outlook and now it is not. We have new manufacturers. We have better New games being sold. The best is we have many new people enjoying the game and keeping it alive.

I think pinball is going to keep gaining in popularity over the next five years (the 20-25 year collectable cycle thing, etc.), but that doesn't mean the bubble won't burst if the NIB manufacturers keep making more and more games in higher numbers (and keep pumping out high quality games with better technology like Tron, AC/DC, and X-Men [and presumably WOZ]).

#78 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I'm confident the current state of the hobby will correct itself soon, when the flood of nooBs run out of cash and realize their buying frenzy is leaving them with paper losses. (See: Beanie Babies, Cabbage Patch Kids...)

Agree with that......

Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think pinball is going to keep gaining in popularity over the next five years (the 20-25 year collectable cycle thing, etc.), but that doesn't mean the bubble won't burst if the NIB manufacturers keep making more and more games in higher numbers (and keep pumping out high quality games with better technology like Tron, AC/DC, and X-Men [and presumably WOZ]).

And that..........

Some pins like AC/DC could stay elevated for a longer time frame due to worldwide demand, especially the LE as a "collectible"....but overall I think prices will come down as WOZ, Avengers, Star Trek and Superman come out...I just hope JJP and Stern both survive and pinball continues to thrive with other niche guys like Jpop also adding the pin options.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

16,500 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-back-in-black-nib-9k/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.