Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by 35mm
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

my ACDC Prem started outputting audio thru the Subwoofer only. The back box speakers stopped totally. My tech did a service call and thought it was a 'board issue', so he pulled my boards and installed boards from his ACDC Prem from their store. This resulted in music coming out of the back box speakers, but not the subwoofer….plus, a lot of the play field LED's stopped working…..so he reinstalled the original boards and it started blowing fuses.

He called Stern (spent 2 hrs waiting for them to pick up, beyond belief, how do u guys deal with that crap?) and they said 'send the boards in and for $250 a board, we'll look at them'….? ok

Does anyone have any thoughts? kinda feel like I'm headed down the rabbit hole for months of double-speak. Thxs!

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from 35mm:

My tech did a service call and thought it was a 'board issue', so he pulled my boards and installed boards from his ACDC Prem from their store. This resulted in music coming out of the back box speakers, but not the subwoofer….plus, a lot of the play field LED's stopped working…..so he reinstalled the original boards and it started blowing fuses.

He screwed up.

1st, the music on your boards most likely came out the sub and not the head in their machine becuase he crossed the cables. The NET is your board still has an issue with the head audio.

2nd, nothing on your board messed up their machine. He crossed something when putting their boards in his machine.

Back to the root problem.

Is your machine still under warranty? If so you should not be paying $250 to have it looked at by Stern. What does the warranty say?

If it is not under warranty, find a tech who knows what he is doing.

#3 10 years ago

Well if he got sound out of the backbox then it at least shows thgs the speakers and wiring there work.

Unfortunately, you have too many issues and too little details to help further in this post. The speaker issue could have been trouble shot but now you have a ton of other problems. Find a tech that knows what he is doing to come fix the machine. Perhaps if you filled in your location, someone here could suggest someone.

#4 10 years ago

I'm located in Birmingham, AL
sorry about the lack of details. I'm pretty clueless, but another conversation took place among the other techs and they believe it's a 'voltage issue' now.
Thxs for the warranty advice. I'll definitely ask that question tomorrow. One of the techs is coming back and calling Stern from our house. I'll get more info and post tomorrow. Thxs

#5 10 years ago

was told I'm past my 90 warranty, so it's $125 a board to look at them.

the tech came yesterday and installed my boards back in and magically, everything worked again (less the top speakers again). He pulled the one Stern asked for and off it went.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

16,500 (Firm)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-audio-issueboard-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.