• 24 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by DNO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“ACDC and Metallica”

• Yes for sure. I love how ACDC plays and Metallica would be just as good 17 votes
    28%
  • No, create a new game with different rules and playfield 42 votes
    70%
  • Dont care, not a fan of ACDC or Metallica 1 vote
    2%

(60 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 11 years ago

If Stern decided that due to the success of ACDC they decided to use everthing that they made for this game and released Metallica would you be happy buying this???

EG: Shrek and Family Guy.

Just replace the song list, change the art work, dmd graphics etc etc...

#2 11 years ago

You left out a poll option: Yes, I'm a big fan of both and would own both.

#3 11 years ago

lol thats option 1.... you love/own ACDC and would buy/ be happy with Metallica if it was the same design as ACDC..

#4 11 years ago

I own an AC/DC pro, so I would buy the Metallic premium.

#5 11 years ago

I would buy Metallica still, even if it was a remake of ACDC, however I would not keep my ACDC. Don't think it would be worth having 2 of the same.

Here is a game changer....what if metallica was a rolling stones remake....

#6 11 years ago

lol further more what if ACDC was a RS remake??? Ironic that the playfield is a similar design (1 loop to ramps feeding to the respective flippers, 3 jets and a centre shot)... Just goes to show how important the theme is..

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I would buy Metallica still, even if it was a remake of ACDC, however I would not keep my ACDC. Don't think it would be worth having 2 of the same.
Here is a game changer....what if metallica was a Rolling Stones remake....

I'd probably do the same if Metallica is an AC/DC remake. However I doubt it is at this point. I'm just wondering if they do the same sort of "Jukebox" mode or not. If they do, they are going to need some long ball times (or for the song to resume where it leaves off after a drain perhaps).

#8 11 years ago

I'd love a Metallica pin but I'd like to see a little more effort from Stern instead of a rebadged ACDC....as good as it may be. That's my .02

#9 11 years ago

My guess, the amount of people willing to pay $7,500 for the exact same game but different music and art will be very very small.

#10 11 years ago

I would like to see a different layout.-Maybe a 3 flipper game with metal ramps.-makes sense for a metal band However, I do think it would be great if they used Lyman's ACDC rules as a blueprint for Metallica rather than have Lonnie or Waison try to come up with something new. The rule-set of ACDC is what makes it shine. They could simply re-map Lyman's rules to different shots on Metallica and keep things like the song juke-box, high score tables for the songs, the jackpot system, etc. Having a mode based rule-set based on a band theme doesn't really make sense.-keep it points based and re-purpose an existing rule-set that already kicks ass and is complete!

#11 11 years ago

I like metallica, Heck, I've ridden the lightening. But I have no desire to have a metallica pin. ACDC is better pin music.

Couple years from now, if I could get a used metallica at "friend" pricing, I would think about it, but not NIB

#12 11 years ago

The rule set works in AC/DC for a bunch of reasons. With a different game, and a different layout, and different people involved, I don't think this type of ruleset would necessarily work.

Quoted from MikeS:

I do think it would be great if they used Lyman's ACDC rules as a blueprint for Metallica rather than have Lonnie or Waison try to come up with something new.

#13 11 years ago

It's easy to forget the primary reason this pin is so well liked is because of the software (and the band). I don't think there's much unique to this layout, so I'd opt for new. Also considering the layout reminds me of GNR (Borg), and if Borg is doing Metallica, it'll be close enough to be a solid design, but different enough to have both games side by side.

Also, I'm sure I'm sold on the "whole song" concept vs snippets... it'll be a wait and see.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The rule set works in AC/DC for a bunch of reasons. With a different game, and a different layout, and different people involved, I don't think this type of ruleset would necessarily work.

I think you could make it work. If it were my layout I'd have posts in the inlanes to stop the ball and "Cactus Canyon" style drop targets instead of a cannon for setting up jackpot shots. A "Sanitarium" lower playfield vs. Hell and a 3rd flipper, extra side ramp and a different unique toys/magnets vs. the bell and TNT mechanism. I think you could use the ACDC rules as a blue-print and modify them to fit the new layout/theme quite easily. Programmers re-use code all the time when going from game to game. I would just prefer if they based the rules off ACDC vs. something like mode based like X-Men since ACDC's rules are already proven to be great!

#15 11 years ago

Just make it different. I'm sure Stern learned its lesson from Shrek/FGY.

#16 11 years ago

I'm in no matter what. Metallica LE,AC/DC BIBLE,& Guns n Roses. What a hell of a lineup it will be! Hopefully Ozzy,& Slayer to come some time in the future!!

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

I'm in no matter what. Metallica LE,AC/DC BIBLE,& Guns n Roses. What a hell of a lineup it will be! Hopefully Ozzy,& Slayer to come some time in the future!!

OT:Dang woz225 just looked at your rankings you have AFM ranked at 5 and XMEN at a perfect 10?
And Avengers LE at a 1??
Sheesh!

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

OT:Dang woz225 just looked at your rankings you have AFM ranked at 5 and XMEN at a perfect 10?
And Avengers LE at a 1??
Sheesh!

lol,

This users ratings have been disapproved by a Pinside administrator as they are not in line with our rating rules.
All new Pinside ratings are checked manually on a weekly basis.

So apparently opinions can be wrong!

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Just make it different. I'm sure Stern learned its lesson from Shrek/FGY.

What lesson was that? They sold a ton of Shreks. LOL

Shrek/FGY worked because those themes cater to two entire different markets. Adult only vs. Family. AC/DC & Metallica are catering to the same market, so it would be sales suicide to retheme.

In any case, this is a silly poll because Metallica is NOT a retheme. It's Borg's game, original design.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What lesson was that? They sold a ton of Shreks. LOL
Shrek/FGY worked because those themes cater to two entire different markets. Adult only vs. Family. AC/DC & Metallica are catering to the same market, so it would be sales suicide to retheme.
In any case, this is a silly poll because Metallica is NOT a retheme. It's Borg's game, original design.

I thought under 500 Shreks were made? I wish Stern would post solid numbers.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

And Avengers LE at a 1??
Sheesh!

I may not agree with it but I found his review of CV pretty funny.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

I may not agree with it but I found his review of CV pretty funny.

LMAO! I had to go read it after you said that. Yea, pretty funny. I wouldn't rate that game like he did (I don't think I've rated a machine below a 6) but I always thought CV was a little light in the loafers. If you are going to have men in tights they should also have capes...to keep the internal adreniline junky fed.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I thought under 500 Shreks were made? I wish Stern would post solid numbers.

No, way more than that. The game was in production for quite some time.

#24 11 years ago

Mr. Pinball Guide says ~600 made, 2 runs of 250 each and 1 run of 100.
sounds about right to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-and-metallica and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.