Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SAM_0164.JPG
SAM_0163.JPG
#1 11 years ago

I'm keen on hearing about Avengers from those of you who own AC/DC.
AC/DC is the best pin I've played to date.
How good is Avengers? Are you lovin it?

#2 11 years ago

Yes Lovin it a ton! both games can have short ball times while having that one stellar long game. Avengers tends to have more of those stellar longer ish games which is appealing to me. Avengers is mode, quest, journey based. ACDC is all about risk/reward and points. A lot of strategy in both games moreso in ACDC. ACDC has a much easier layout and makes it more appealing but if you love unique layouts with difficult shots (like me), then avengers is up your alley. Every shot in avengers feels satisfying, especially if you hit em back to back.

If I absolutely had to make a choice, ACDC would go in a heartbeat. Avengers is here to stay.

#3 11 years ago

Also, I think these two games would compliment each other very well together.

#4 11 years ago

After a week or so with Avengers I will say that is an great game for sure. I still have to give it to AC/DC as over all excitement level because of the music, roaring crowd and bright light show. But, they are both Excellent.

#5 11 years ago

Love Avengers! Just a great overall game. If I had the room I would have AC/DC prem also : P

#6 11 years ago

AC/DC is still my favorite but Avengers is moving up the list quickly of my favorite games. Love them both.

#7 11 years ago

What about Monopoly and BBH owners?

#8 11 years ago

AC/DC and Avengers are all I play these days from my collection.

#9 11 years ago

AC/DC is my best game ,I like Avengers,very funny game and completly different than AC/DC but I'm always return to AC/DC Pro

#10 11 years ago

I have both AC/DC LE LTBR and the Avengers Hulk and love both ... if I was to choose it would be AC/DC, but will tell you that I am very impressed with the Avengers. I really like the layout, the music, call-outs, cabinet design and backglass is awesome too. I am looking forward to some nice firmware updates to make the game even better.

I actually just created a custom shooter for the hulk and looks awesome. I've attached a pic.

SAM_0163.JPGSAM_0163.JPG SAM_0164.JPGSAM_0164.JPG

#11 11 years ago

Great job with the shooter rod!

#12 11 years ago

Yup -that's a great looking shooter rod. Well done!

#13 11 years ago

Ac/dc is more of a hit with the guests and frankly the ladies. I however like the challenge of Hulk. I was a little thrown off with the dark playfield at first but have grown to really like the look and feel. More than likely wont be getting rid of either and both seem like winners to me.

#14 11 years ago

I can't get enough of avengers. I had about 30 mins to spare tonight and was like, hmmmm...haven't played ACDC in 2 weeks. I can play 3-5 games of it and get mad if I miss out on a big JP, or play 2 games of avengers and feel extremely satisfied with any shot I make (as long as i make them) even if I don't collect all the avengers. Game 1; 89 mil, qualified all the avengers, completed HE, did CA vs mode and had a few good runs at hitting BW back to back to back - man black widow feels good when you nail her over and over . Game 2 was only 12 mil but probably had my best Loki mb ever completing HE, hulk, CA, and BW on it. Still haven't completed it - please no spoilers

#15 11 years ago

Been the same for me. Playing mostly Avengers since I got it. It's a blast!

#16 11 years ago

Avengers is amazing for sure but I love the acdc music!!! It really gets the blood pumping!!! For me, avengers is the better of the two.

#17 11 years ago

ACDC great game with great music.
Avengers great game with good music. But Avengers is more complex and interesting. Love the easy bashing shots and the tricky ramp shots. Avengers wins.

#18 11 years ago

my vote is for ac/dc ! enjoy the flow

#19 11 years ago

Avengers!

#20 11 years ago

Played Avengers last night (I own AC/DC) and didn't get much out of it as my score was next to nothing but I did learn that there are multiballs to stack just like AC/DC. My buddy's buying one this weekend so I am looking forward to playing it more in depth in the future. It looks much better than I gave it credit for when I first saw a pic of the playfield.

#21 11 years ago

I have an Avengers Blue LE on order. I shoulk have it in a week or so. I played it the other night in Boston for about 2 hours. I really like the PF lay out. The ramps are great. I especially like the Black Widow ramp. It is a difficult one to hit perfectly. The multiball function is great. I had 6 balls going for a short time. The game is fast but fair. It did not seem to be a drain monster. No balls got stuck under the Hulk arms like I have heard is a problem. I can give you more details once I get it in my basement. I played the AC/DC along side the Avengers and liked the avengers better. The lights on the AC/DC were overwhelming for my tastes. The music is good though.

#22 11 years ago

Don't own either but played both and ACDC by a mile for me. Not even an ACDC fan at all but the pin just works and gets the adrenalin flowing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

16,500 (Firm)
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-and-avengers-owners and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.