(Topic ID: 96484)

AC/DC game play video, 5 minute game and a decent score!

By McCune

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by smassa
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Sorry for the shitty quality of the video but it does get a little better towards the end . The first two balls are short and low scoring. All I cared about was getting my two VIPs on each ball for a total of 6 by achieving the super skill shot on each of the three balls . Watch how I use the VIPs to keep the 3X running .

#2 9 years ago

Well jeez... that's one way to do it. Nice playing. Guess I'll have to take tips from you now, Jim

197 mil on the song jackpot?? God, I need to find a new hobby

#3 9 years ago

I started the third ball with just over 5 million . I love how this game can get the blood pumping .

Quoted from chadderack:

Well jeez... that's one way to do it

It is the only way I do it . RobT taught me ..LOL

#4 9 years ago

Always awesome to cash in the big points with the last second shot

Good stuff Jim!

rd.

#5 9 years ago

Love me some ACDC

#6 9 years ago

Wow definitely interesting video. I think I have using my VIP's incorrectly this entire time. I will have to try this out.

#7 9 years ago

Looking for a Huo premium in the Midwest!

Nice ball. Better than my best game. Lol.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

lways awesome to cash in the big points with the last second shot

The video was poor because the shaker motor shakes my floor , the game is upstairs and shakes the shit out of the house, wife hates it .LOL

It happened pretty fast and the video was blurry, I collected a 100 million when I collected the Back in Black album.

So there where two big cash in on the third ball.

#9 9 years ago

That's great use of the VIP and a perfect example of why I have such a love/hate relationship with this pin. Those first two balls would have pissed my ass off and frustrated the shit out of me...but that last ball, man what a payoff.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's great use of the VIP and a perfect example of why I have such a love/hate relationship with this pin. Those first two balls would have pissed my ass off and frustrated the shit out of me...but that last ball, man what a payoff.

If I would not have gotten the super VIPs on the first two balls the game would have never let me achieve that score .

Super VIPs are huge and can be worth way more than a good ball and no VIPs.

#11 9 years ago

Very nice!

Just goes to show that all it takes is one good ball. Never give up.

Good job!

#12 9 years ago

You just beat my highest total score with one single jackpot.

#13 9 years ago

I need to read the rules, I don't understand VIPs at all.

#14 9 years ago

Great tips, thanks Jim.

#15 9 years ago

Hells Bells is the best use of VIPs .

#16 9 years ago

Explain more that video is awesome, but when did you exactly hit the VIP button? I couldn't tell. I saw the one, but were the other times during multiball or before or after?

I did not even know about the super skill shot

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Explain more that video is awesome, but when did you exactly hit the VIP button? I couldn't tell. I saw the one, but were the other times during multiball or before or after?
I did not even know about the super skill shot

Right as the 3X light is about to go off (the light above the right slingshot), Jim taps the fire button. He does this a few times in the vid.

ETA: And you get the super skill by holding down the right flipper as you plunge. All of the major shots will be lit with white arrows for a few seconds for the super skill shot.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Right as the 3X light is about to go off (the light above the right slingshot), Jim taps the fire button. He does this a few times in the vid.

That is right, this only works in hells bells!

#19 9 years ago

are all of the scoring nuances of this game written out somewhere or is this all being discovered by accident? I am not that bright when it comes to rulesets (and quite a few other things in life) and i have no clue what i am doing in this game other than going for flashing shots. Guess i better buy one and learn.

anyone holding in the midwest?

#20 9 years ago

i don't think i've ever seen a happier reaction to a drain off a successful cannon shot.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Hells Bells is the best use of VIPs .

#22 9 years ago

Sweet! I finally got the super skill shot 2x last game! Thanks McCune! I dont believe any of that stuff joemamma says about you.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

are all of the scoring nuances of this game written out somewhere or is this all being discovered by accident? I am not that bright when it comes to rulesets (and quite a few other things in life) and i have no clue what i am doing in this game other than going for flashing shots. Guess i better buy one and learn.
anyone holding in the midwest?

Quite a bit of reading. Have not read it yet but here is the rules

http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/4761-For-Those-About-to-Rock-AC-DC-Premium-LE-v1-65-Ruleset

#24 9 years ago

Nicely done, Jim! I've always believed that Hells Bells is the most lucrative song if you know how to take advantage of it. The VIP passes are just so damn powerful during it. They not only score bell hits, but they can also be used for add-a-ball.

#25 9 years ago

Well done Jim!

(Turn auto focus off next time )

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Well done Jim!

(Turn auto focus off next time )

I know, first time using my daughters camera. I will make sure to turn the shaker off too.. I would love to video a 300 million jackpot. my best is 277.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

i don't think i've ever seen a happier reaction to a drain off a successful cannon shot

I was just thrilled that I caputured it on video. Those big jackpots are not easy to cash in !

#28 9 years ago

Simply amazing, and thanks for sharing.

#29 9 years ago

Hells Bells certainly seems like the best song to score big (somewhat easily). I got a feeling this will be balanced out better in a later update.

#30 9 years ago

Great philosophy! I wil have to change mine now. I use VIPs to keep the multiballs going longer. Correction. I used to use VIPs to keep multiballs going longer lol.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Hells Bells certainly seems like the best song to score big (somewhat easily). I got a feeling this will be balanced out better in a later update.

Maybe. They finally realesed an update that lowered the use of starting out with Highway to Hell and having the multipliers lit.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I got a feeling this will be balanced out better in a later update.

I wont update if that happens .

#33 9 years ago

Well I have been doing this strategy for a few days and it payed off big time with the 3x. My high score jumped up 20-30m as well as I doubled if not close to tripled my song jackpot as well. Good stuff.

#34 9 years ago

that was awesome!

AcDc is such a great game and I don't even understand half the rules yet!

#35 9 years ago

What made it go from couple of tens of millions to 200M+ during the first multiball? Just 3x scoring and bunch of jackpots or was there something else?

I suck at getting lots of points during MB, I must be doing something wrong

#36 9 years ago

After about 300 games I finally got almost 200M, thanks to your video McCune. I suck at pinball, I know, but what a great pin AC/DC is. So many ways to score and so many rules to learn

#37 9 years ago

I collected the back in black album during album multiball and scored 106 million on that alone !

Album Multiball collects the song jackpot value when the song you are playing is on the album you collect!

Hells Bells is on the Back in Black album.

#38 9 years ago

My brother just picked off a 37 Million Back in Black jackpot during Album Multiball.
Not quite 106 million, but it was a great bonus to his game anyway.
The sad part was that we had just turned off extra balls because our machine is going to a tournament tomorrow and he did not get to use the two extra balls he had earned at the end of his game.

#39 9 years ago

That's a great way for a blasting score !!! But i have one little question: what version are you at, and when the ball got into the canon you hear Ritchie says "Get ready to fire the canon" and shortly after he yells "FIREEE", and for some reason i don't have that in my game.. and i'm on the latest version.

Jan.

#40 9 years ago

I have to learn how to use the vacation jackpots, i don't know how to use them. I don't really understand how the game scores or how I get high scores in the different modes. I was able to score 155M the other day and that was my highest score so far.

#41 9 years ago

Vacation jackpots? You playing White Water?

#42 9 years ago

1.65 is the code , I have not updated to the newest code and probably won't as it did not change much .

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Vacation jackpots? You playing White Water?

National Lampoons Vacation jackpots?

rd

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

1.65 is the code , I have not updated to the newest code and probably won't as it did not change much .

You just like those crazy H2H points!! Lol

#45 9 years ago

I'm going to try this. My problem is I cash in to soon.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

You just like those crazy H2H points!! Lol

Right, never play H2H . Do you ?

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I'm going to try this. My problem is I cash in to soon.

You really have to keep track of where you are at in the game , Don't get the cannon qualified to soon or it will load before you collect the album. Only spell FIRE the third time when it will count .

This game makes you think and is so much more then hitting the flashing lights !

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Right, never play H2H . Do you ?

Not anymore since Lyman dropped an atom bomb on it with 1.68. But most of my 300mil+ song jackpots came at the end of going to the mini playfield with 3x running on H2H.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

But most of my 300mil

Never hit 300 and that has been my quest for awhile now ! So far I hit a 277,so close .

#50 9 years ago

Nice game. Wish I could see the lower playfield action a little better. Windows a little too cloudy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 29.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-5-minute-game-and-decent-score and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.