• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DPO_EXPO_2014_(76)_(resized).JPG
DPO_EXPO_2014_(71)_(resized).JPG
DPO_EXPO_2014_(69)_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frostymug.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Which model are you looking to get? 8500 is luci range but you can find regular premiums for 6500-7500 depending on mods

Quoted from Khabbi:

I just added a Luci to my collection, never letting this title go now... I've owned a few premiums, a LTBR, and a BIBLE in the past. This is one of my all time faves, period. Just a killer game.
I think the Bell shot is just one of the most satisfying shots in pinball, period. It's not difficult either. The bell sound and payout (2X or 3X when hit a few times) just makes me love it. I think Steve Ritchie knew what he was doing with this one!
Oh, and I paid the current market price for Luci, a little on the high side considering what they sold for new but in line with market, and I don't care if they remake it or not... It's going to get at least 1,000 plays from me before that time and I can't put a price on the fun I'll ve having until then.

Do you have a shaker? I just put my shaker on Luci, turned settings to High and WOW!!!! Wish I would have done it sooner!

#51 8 years ago

There are only 171 Luci's ever made. I have it confirmed from two sources. One source is internal at Stern. It is second hand info passed to me I admit though.

Also, while still speculation...it is widely accepted that acdc and stern left the bargaining table in an uproar. Both sides walked away pissed. How people think there will be another run boggles my mind but to each is own and anyone can have an opinion. My opinion of no new run is based on the fact that if Stern caves or rolls over easy to acdc increased contracts prices it will be bargaining suicide for the future! Every artist or movie studio will rake Stern over the coals too. Stern is not going to let happen. Only way a rerun happens is if acdc dives on price. Why would they? They know pin sold well first time and Stern made out like a bandit. Acdc not going to dive on price.

My opinion of course.

#52 8 years ago

Oh yeah. I was offered 9k for my Luci. I will never sell it. If I did I am positive if I listed it for $9,500 right now it would be sold within a week.This is a $8,500 min. pin all day long if huo and minimal mods. That is plain fact. Too many have sold for that price range.

I own 1/171th share of all Luci's ever made and it is staying that way!

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wow only 171 ....that sounds about right and is really the rarest one , even more than le. It really is a le without the credentials but has different lower play field and awesome art and powder coating. They seem to sell quickly at 8500 so I can see 9500 as a possibility especially with nice mods . I mean its probably sterns best overall pin in the eyes of many.

Yes friend. Rarest acdc period. More rare than bib or ltbr! I find no hapiness in that fact for LE owners, but it just seems to have happened since the contract expired. A good Pinsider source informed us that only 220 (might be 230) decal sets were printed and received at Stern. Apparently Stern had every intention to run the rest but the contract expired at 171 and talks to renew ended up in both sides walking away. By luck and only luck, Luci is the rarest now and I do not blame Stern for not wanting to announce it since it would upset some or many LE owners

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I could see any game being redone with new LCD screen and spike or whatever new advanced system it is down the road on past games.

As long as a licence can be inked I suppose that is true. No inky...then no winky

#61 8 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Saw this. Its going to be interesting.

OMG! I just texted my wife at work to read it. We seen them in Detroit and Chicago for Rock or Bust. If Axle Sings we are going to have to pay $$$ no matter what to get tickets anywhere. We love Rolling Stones, Acdc and GnR (were both 52 yrs young and grew up with them

#64 8 years ago

Wow. $7,100 and it only has a shaker and an external volume control added. Not many mods (perhaps $200 tops), basically a stock HUO machine.

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

One just sold for 7k ...of course tons of people tried jumping on it bc that was a awesome deal. Glad it went to a good home and not someone that wld flip it for a 500-1000 the next day

Where and when did a Luci go for 7k? That would be the cheapest I have ever heard of. Was it strictly stock and no mods?

TX

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I sold a very lightly routed one that could have almost passed as a HUO game for way less then that around a year ago.

I understand the year ago comment. I bought mine a year and 5 months ago for 5,600 HUO visiglass cannon and bell mod. 7 months later I was offered $8k. It was almost, "magical" last summer when the Luci prices zoomed so fast. Wife and I decided we will never let this hot princess go! I could get $9k all day long. I added a shaker and led acrylic speaker mod (PG rated version) since then. My neighbors wife wants this pin so bad I could get $9.5k and then still visit them and play it lol. My wife would disown me though

#89 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yep a few stock ones sold recently for 8-8500 pretty quickly. I mean they only made 171 apparently

Yes. I am the source of the 171 speculation. My distributer friend told me he heard less than 175. This was about 8 months ago when he told me. Then weeks ago my 25 year best friend told me a Stern employee told him 171 during a business discussion. His company makes small parts and small labels for Stern, G.M., Ford, Maytag, etc. Then a pinsider (here in a different thread) posted he knows for fact Stern only ordered and received 220( or 230) cab decal sets. Everyone has been trying to speculate how many decals were used. The contract with acdc expired while Luci was on the build line I guess. Also important to note is an internet tidbit for over the last year. Almost every forum discussion and/or for sale ad usually says,"less than 200 Luci's were" made. We do not know the background source or history of these comments. All we can do is connect the dots the best we can. Stern will likely never officially announce the count. If it is less than 200...many acdc LE owners will be upset. Rightly so...I think I would be too

#90 8 years ago

I found the post about cabinet decal quantity. Iceman5000 seems pretty cool and not a BS'er. I believe him. See below
Iceman5000

Pinside member
US Valparaiso, IN
2y 27,650 590 14 14
I know for a fact that only 225 sets of cabinet artwork were printed for Luci. I don't know for sure how many were actually built, but my sources tell me it was under 220, and it was one run and done. Stern considered "The Luci experiment" a failure. And Stern has no intention of paying AC/DC $500,000 to renew the license to build a few hundred more games.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-producing-acdc-again-with-new-acdc-tour/page/6#post-2951900

#93 8 years ago

Hey Rob and Butch (others too), did you guys add a shaker? I just did a couple weeks ago and WOW! What a great return on investment! I also did the acrylic led speaker mod. We enjoy the color changing in that area a lot...it also has a remote to change them. Shaker was the really satisfying mod though!

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I 2nd that, put it in immediately along with mirror blades, superbands, had some Helen stuff and Laseriffic topper.

I forgot to say I added superbands too. Love them! Shadow and PM got them too. Johnny Baywatch do not yet. I like that trick to install them I read on Pinside. Microwave for 10-12 seconds. Always test touch first lightly to make sure microwave did not get them to hot resulting in burning yourself. Every oven is different. Then pop them on and start playing

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

They don't stretch like regular rubbers?
Rob

I have bad arthritis. For me tney do not. Heat made installing them a snap. Seems many use this microwave approach since that is how I learned of it.

#109 8 years ago

My wife and I just bought tickets to the Cleveland OH show. Not sure what the date will be. Can't wait to go!!!!!!! We will drive up from Florida.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 29.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
16,500 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frostymug.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-3?tu=frostymug and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.