• 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by northvibe
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

beavis.jpg
There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

#52 10 years ago

Congrats on the sale. You effectively participated in the market. Unlike those who try to buy too low or sell too high. They don't really matter.

#53 10 years ago

I don't see that anyone is "on his ass". the majority think he sold too low. they aren't wrong for thinking that. this would be the cheapest sale I remember seeing so I have to agree with the majority. it would be nice to hear from the proud new owner once he/she gets home. it's always fun to get a new game in the house and its even better when you pick it up for below market prices.

#54 10 years ago

Remember somethings is only worth what the next person will pay for it no matter how much you have invested .

#55 10 years ago

I also bet that if people saying to low were in the market to buy wouldn't be whining they'd proably try and low ball it further.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from jjsrt8:

I also bet that if people saying to low were in the market to buy wouldn't be whining they'd proably try and low ball it further.

Yes many tried that. I did good to get what I got. Ed

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Yes many tried that. I did good to get what I got. Ed

Not saying you have to, but you should probably put in the title sold or else people like me mite come for a good deal no longer available. If it was available and I could come up with the cash I'd drive to go get that and that's a good drive for me.

#58 10 years ago

NIB MET Pro are delivered for $4500ish

It would take a sub $4K price for me to pull the trigger on ACDC Pro

Both the buyer & seller did well for themselves IMO

In the end it's only money. No point in having cash tied up in something you are ready to replace. Sure maybe the OP could have held out for 2 mos to get another $300 but is that really worth it?

#59 10 years ago

Fast Ed hasn't set the resale price for AC/DC Pro he sold it for what the public was willing to pay, at this time.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Pretty lame for people to get upset at "devaluing" their "invest" they made of ACDC. Not an invest folks. Get ready to lose money on a NIB pin, it happens.

You're right. While pins aren't an investment and shouldn't be looked at as such I'm excited about buying the new star trek pin for 5k and then listing it for 3600 with less then 100 plays on it after a few months. Not only will it feel fantastic when I sell it I'm sure all other pinhead sellers will be pleased. Bottom line...anyone can sell whatever they have for whatever price they choose. That's their god given right. But it still stings and anyone who owns said pin will agree.

#61 10 years ago

Congrats to the OP. Happy for him. Apologies for getting on my soapbox. Next.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from jjsrt8:

Not saying you have to, but you should probably put in the title sold or else people like me mite come for a good deal no longer available. If it was available and I could come up with the cash I'd drive to go get that and that's a good drive for me.

Then why didnt you get the one that was on ebay a couple weeks ago, it was only 10-20 miles from you, and it sold for the exact same price as fast-ed's machine.

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

You're right. While pins aren't an investment and shouldn't be looked at as such I'm excited about buying the new Star Trek pin for 5k and then listing it for 3600 with less then 100 plays on it after a few months. Not only will it feel fantastic when I sell it I'm sure all other pinhead sellers will be pleased. Bottom line...anyone can sell whatever they have for whatever price they choose. That's their god given right. But it still stings and anyone who owns said pin will agree.

Um no, that's not how this thing works at all. You shouldn't really care of the final sale price of a private pinball sale. If ANYONE here is buying anything hoping it will keep it's value, you need to move along to some other venue and stop wasting member's time posting on pinside.

I have always hated that "I don't want to be ripped off" mentality in this hobby. No one wants to admit it, but most every hobby under the sun, pinball included, is a money losing venture. The VERY FEW people that actually "make a living in pinball" are few and far between. For 95% of us, this is a hobby that COSTS money, not makes it.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

Then why didnt you get the one that was on ebay a couple weeks ago, it was only 10-20 miles from you, and it sold for the exact same price as fast-ed's machine.

Cash man

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Look- Compare this to the real estate sell off. When things went down people got mad and say what an idiot their neighbor was selling their house so low. A year later you have a dozen "idiots" selling their houses to low. Happens in all collectables and will happen in pins someday in the next year or two or not.

Hurry up! I want this to happen! People should just buy games to ENJOY them, and not worry so much about making a profit. If I bought a game for 1200$ had it for a year, put no money into it and then sold it for 1100$ I would still be way ahead because I easily had more than 100$ worth of fun.

#67 10 years ago
In other words, if you were a participant in the market then you might make the effort to buy it. Since you don't have the money, why does what you think matter?

Just sayin'.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from MTPPC:

In other words, if you were a participant in the market then you might make the effort to buy it. Since you don't have the money, why does what you think matter?
Just sayin'.

I said if jeez man forget it it. What is it that I thought that hurts you? Nothing

#69 10 years ago

This was a FS thread and pin has sold. CAn we close this now? Not sure why bickering about selling for a good price is still going on

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

This was a FS thread and pin has sold. CAn we close this now? Not sure why bickering about selling for a good price is still going on

Because people have nothing better to do the be anal about nothing

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Hurry up! I want this to happen! People should just buy games to ENJOY them, and not worry so much about making a profit. If I bought a game for 1200$ had it for a year, put no money into it and then sold it for 1100$ I would still be way ahead because I easily had more than 100$ worth of fun.

Exactly. I generally hope to get 80% of what I have in a pin when I get out of it. If I can get that, I am happy! Of course, there are some I am very attached to that might take more to get out of my hands, but hey.............I am not listing them for sale.

#72 10 years ago

Are most of you people in the pinball hobby? I think most of you are in the hobby of commenting on forums and your comments have nothing to do about the original post!!! Holy s#%& don't you have a wife or kids to go complain to?

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from jjsrt8:

Because people have nothing better to do the be anal about nothing

dude.... he said "anal"

beavis.jpgbeavis.jpg

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from t2:

Are most of you people in the pinball hobby? I think most of you are in the hobby of commenting on forums and your comments have nothing to do about the original post!!! Holy s#%& don't you have a wife or kids to go complain to?

I was on topic then I got flammed on

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Whatever you need to make yourself feel better about selling your pin too cheap. But thanks for devaluing an A lister pin. Que loco pues.

Lighten up. It's a stock pro for Gods Sake...that probably cost $4,200 shipped. He sold the game at a very agreeable price -about 10% less than the game cost not counting the shipping- and didn't wait very long did he? NIB still being made...

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Lighten up. It's a stock pro for Gods Sake...that probably cost $4,200 shipped. He sold the game at a very agreeable price -about 10% less than the game cost not counting the shipping- and didn't wait very long did he? NIB still being made...

Been trying to. Nobody can seem to let this go. Pin sold...nothing to see here...happy for OP...move along. NEXT Infinity.

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Been trying to. Nobody can seem to let this go. Pin sold...nothing to see here...happy for OP...move along. NEXT Infinity.

you took the words right out of my mouth!

#78 10 years ago

"Well folks ACDC is a $3600 game"

Is that how the joke goes?

#79 10 years ago

What's a joke is he did not even pick it up when he said he would. No call or nothing. His phone goes straight to voicemail.if I can't get ahold of him it goes to the next person in line. Ed

#80 10 years ago

picking it up now. woot i am now an AC/DC owner. I will find out myself if Honda tree fity is right.

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

"Well folks ACDC is a $3600 game"
Is that how the joke goes?

Nope, it's like ... $3000 by Christmas

#82 10 years ago

I find it very ironic that people extend a thread to say "let it die". It sort of reminds me of the big mouth girl that wants to be student council president in junior high. If the conversation is not something she is interested in, she will try to end it or divert it.

Why is it so hard to just start ignoring threads you have no interest in? There must be some psychological malady related to this behavior.

Back on topic. Congrats for having buyers lined up and always remember these words of wisdom:

"They're liars until they are buyers."

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

picking it up now. woot i am now an AC/DC owner. I will find out myself if Honda tree fity is right.

Congrats Kurt. Your game room will be a lot more snarly now, and that's a good thing!

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Spaceman:

Congrats Kurt. Your game room will be a lot more snarly now, and that's a good thing!

I am not a big fan of AC/DC but for $3600 I figured I would give it a whirl.

Snarly? I have to look that one up

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Snarly? I have to look that one up

The band member on the playfield's face is contorted into a 'snarl' so I think that's what he meant

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

The band member on the playfield's face is contorted into a 'snarl' so I think that's what he meant

Lol. Da

I am kinda...slow

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Congrats! You should sell me that SM @ a significant loss to celebrate!

Quoted from Fast-Ed:

What's a joke is he did not even pick it up when he said he would. No call or nothing. His phone goes straight to voicemail.if I can't get ahold of him it goes to the next person in line. Ed

Pinside PSA Gunther Games stroked Fast Ed on a deal. Sorry to hear that Ed... but I don't know if that damn Piranha guy is any better - JK

#88 10 years ago

Not true, Doug Piranha is man of his word, a good guy, and will be there when he said!!!

#89 10 years ago

Hey curt, how do you like the acdc? Ed

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Hey curt, how do you like the acdc? Ed

Game is beautiful. Ty Ed. Great seller!

Game has 170 plays and is perfect.

I am trying to decide if I like it. I am not crazy about the music but I need to give it a few plays.

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from t2:

Not true, Doug Piranha is man of his word, a good guy, and will be there when he said!!!

Ty. I did arrive a little early too.

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Congrats! You should sell me that SM @ a significant loss to celebrate!

Pinside PSA Gunther Games stroked Fast Ed on a deal. Sorry to hear that Ed... but I don't know if that damn Piranha guy is any better - JK

Definitely worse!

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Game is beautiful. Ty Ed. Great seller!
Game has 170 plays and is perfect.
I am trying to decide if I like it. I am not crazy about the music but I need to give it a few plays.

Yea I lied, I said it only had less than 100 plays. I guess I should have knocked off some money, ha, ha.

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

The music is the best part of the game. high energy stuff, perfect for pinball. I wouldn't have called myself an AC/DC fan before the pin, but can firmly say the pin has helped make me a fan of the music.

#95 10 years ago

I turned the call outs to high and lowered the music. It's better now.

#96 10 years ago

Actually I was thinking of selling all my games and looking for a ac/dc pro now.... What a sweet game. Glad you could find a good buyer

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-360000/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.