Topic Stats

• 136 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DPO_EXPO_2014_(76)_(resized).JPG
DPO_EXPO_2014_(71)_(resized).JPG
DPO_EXPO_2014_(69)_(resized).JPG

There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 2 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Have you seen videos of the most recent GnR iterations? Like maybe:
» YouTube video
That guy singing in the cowboy hat...that is AR. You might not ever know it from looking at him. Oh boy it is a train wreck.

This compilation video sums up the progression of Axl's voice going away. Has a ton of clips from the mid 80's through recent appearances of the same Sweet Child O' Mine section. Astounding to see how far he's fallen vocally:

No way he should be singing with AC/DC.

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm guessing Stern and Ac/dc will reconcile differences and they will make another 500 Luci pins

Maybe on farewell tour

#103 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

They don't stretch like regular rubbers?
Rob

I have bad arthritis. For me tney do not. Heat made installing them a snap. Seems many use this microwave approach since that is how I learned of it.

#104 2 years ago

People need to give up on this ridiculous axl "rumor."

It's bullshit made up by an Atlanta DJ for publicity and you all bought it.

This is not a reliable source people.

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People need to give up on this ridiculous axl "rumor."
It's bullshit made up by an Atlanta DJ for publicity and you all bought it.
This is not a reliable source people.

Lel

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2016/03/28/axl-rose-ac-dc-in-studio/

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm guessing Stern and Ac/dc will reconcile differences and they will make another 500 Luci pins

10,000 by Christmas!

#107 2 years ago

I must tearfully admit this appears to really be happening.

Bizarre!

I'll probably keep my ticket, what the hell.

#108 2 years ago

Haha yeah, I was like you last week. "Crazy Internet rumours! AC/DC won't put up with Axl's tardiness."

If given the opportunity, I'd love to go to see what Axl will bring to the band. Still kicking myself I didn't get to the current AC/DC Australian shows, but have seen them live once in my lifetime, so I can tick that off.

#109 2 years ago

My wife and I just bought tickets to the Cleveland OH show. Not sure what the date will be. Can't wait to go!!!!!!! We will drive up from Florida.

#111 2 years ago

god thats awful.

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

god thats awful.

Why do you say that? I thought it was pretty cool growing up in the 1970s early 1980s AC/DC era... when did you start to listen?

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Why do you say that? I thought it was pretty cool growing up in the 1970s early 1980s AC/DC era... when did you start to listen?

That tribute band was awful.

2 weeks later
#116 2 years ago

if you can play good on this pinny you can play good on any pinny. Great(EST/)BAND AND hard pinny layout but if you get it going it's absolutely wonderful.
And I should know Ive got the highest score. Nearly 3bil. On 3ball no extras.

re AC/DC, Brian should try to finish the tour if he can. Only 10 concerts to go.
How good is the old Bon Scott bluesy music like ';What's next to the moon"?
JC

1 week later
#117 2 years ago

Is there a slingshot pulse timing / strength setting in AC/DC? I can't find it in my LUCI. I know there's a setting in Metallica and Star Trek and TWD .. but I'm not seeing it. There's a coil strength setting, but I believe that's really just for flippers - which I need on at least medium anyway.

The slingshots are way, way too strong on my game ... and the only way to stop the ball flying off the left sling and smashing into the cannon assembly (then insta-draining) would be to reduce their ferocity.

Anyone got any idea? If I'm being blind and looking in the wrong place for the setting, fair enough. If not, why haven't Stern added it to the code if it exists for other late SAM games?

#118 2 years ago

I never saw a setting like this in the diagnostics in the Metallica. Did not know that one existed.

Quoted from rubberducks:

Is there a slingshot pulse timing / strength setting in AC/DC? I can't find it in my LUCI. I know there's a setting in Metallica and Star Trek and TWD .. but I'm not seeing it. There's a coil strength setting, but I believe that's really just for flippers - which I need on at least medium anyway.
The slingshots are way, way too strong on my game ... and the only way to stop the ball flying off the left sling and smashing into the cannon assembly (then insta-draining) would be to reduce their ferocity.
Anyone got any idea? If I'm being blind and looking in the wrong place for the setting, fair enough. If not, why haven't Stern added it to the code if it exists for other late SAM games?

Quoted from rubberducks:

#119 2 years ago

Hmm, well I'm SURE there is one in ST and TWD ... I assumed Metallica must have it too. I think it's listed as Coil Pulse Timing, or something like that.

I assume it's not a limitation of the individual machines, but whether it's exposed in the game code.

#120 2 years ago

Another reason acdc needs one more code update. It doesn't have the extra settings that met, twd and other newer pins have. Its feature adjustment 160 on twd but acdc only goes to 120 or something.

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Another reason acdc needs one more code update. It doesn't have the extra settings that met, twd and other newer pins have. Its feature adjustment 160 on twd but acdc only goes to 120 or something.

It would REALLY help with cannon strikes. I hate that about that game. I know it's partly a shortcoming of that cannon design (TWD crossbow is far better), but less explosive slings would help enormously.

#122 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I have measured the coil pulse timing with an oszilloscope because aof another issue, and there was no difference at all. ( Pulse length an count was same in each setting )
i have contacted Sterns technical support and they wrote, that this would be fixed in a future code release. that was one and a half year ago...

nevertheless , i am still hoping for a final code relaese, there is so much potential in this game:

- Cannon Modes
- Randomized targets lit for cannon shoots
- Dual usage of upper and lower playfield in some multiballs
- lower playfield modes that have to be finished (ie : shoot 3 times left and right loop, hit x times the targets and so on )
- you have to finish a song to advance...

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

I have measured the coil pulse timing with an oszilloscope because aof another issue, and there was no difference at all. ( Pulse length an count was same in each setting )
i have contacted Sterns technical support and they wrote, that this would be fixed in a future code release. that was one and a half year ago...
nevertheless , i am still hoping for a final code relaese, there is so much potential in this game:
- Cannon Modes
- Randomized targets lit for cannon shoots
- Dual usage of upper and lower playfield in some multiballs
- lower playfield modes that have to be finished (ie : shoot 3 times left and right loop, hit x times the targets and so on )
- you have to finish a song to advance...

There's actually a setting for AC/DC, or you're talking about ST / Met / TWD? Either way ... they might take 5 years to fix that, given that SAM is shortly to be two generations old ... even though they're still producing 3 games on it.

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

make sure your rubbers have not slid down one of the posts that would cause the balls to fly off the slings

#125 2 years ago

Some showing off on my first only NIB till now : ACDC Premium. This is 1 hell of a machine, Steve : thanks !!

DPO_EXPO_2014_(69)_(resized).JPG

DPO_EXPO_2014_(71)_(resized).JPG

DPO_EXPO_2014_(76)_(resized).JPG

#126 2 years ago

Awesome machine!

Quoted from Rensh:

Some showing off on my first only NIB till now : ACDC Premium. This is 1 hell of a machine, Steve : thanks !!
» YouTube video

DPO_EXPO_2014_(69)_(resized).JPGDPO_EXPO_2014_(71)_(resized).JPGDPO_EXPO_2014_(76)_(resized).JPG

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Yup, the entire rumor/thread was created to get people to sell their ACDC machines. I was ejected from that very thread......God forbid someone calls a group of individuals who flat out lie, "losers". Regardless of the thread and the lie that ACDC will be remade soon, common sense should tell you that it is very possible that down the road ACDC will eventually be remade. Licenses like ACDC are timeless and not as restrictive and are only held back by "money talks"....No pun intended.

why would anyone sell because of rumors of them rereleaseing them? Doesn't make sense unless you bought for some kind of investment. Those people should sell all their games anyway, because they need a different hobby.

#128 2 years ago

So who "played better"

#129 2 years ago

I just wish they'd unlock the live tracks for gameplay and not just for the jukebox

#130 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

I just wish they'd unlock the live tracks for gameplay and not just for the jukebox

Couldn't someone use Pinbrowser to copy/paste live tracks where originals are and then be able to enjoy live tracks during gameplay?

#131 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

A sling power setting is something I would like to see added to the game. They are really strong on my game too and I wish I could lower the power about 20%.

Rob

#132 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

A sling power setting is something I would like to see added to the game. They are really strong on my game too and I wish I could lower the power about 20%.
Rob

You can do this vi adding a resistor in series of a couple of ohms and a few watts. I remember this trick was used when MET didn't have the software setting

1 year later
#133 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Am I the only one who found this hilarious? It's like doctor Evil expounding on pinball pricing.

So who is looking to sell their Lucy now that the vault edition is on its way? I have money burning a hole in my pocket; now that prices are coming down, I am looking to purchase!

#134 1 year ago

To all who thought the VE was just rumor.

#135 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Gl with that ... I don't see that happening if they wld rerun . Luci was 6600-6800 delivered before all this price limiting stern is making distros do. Regular premiums will probably be that now if the did a run. Luci is almost like a third le because of the art, powdercoat and different lower play field, also they only made around 200 apparently. You cant even find a regular premium for under 6500 these days unfortunately.

Thank you for wishing me good luck! It worked! I just put down my deposit for a new Lucy at the higher end of what i expected to pay.

#136 1 year ago

No lets get going with the Tron VE.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 194.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
6,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.95
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 50.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside