• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DPO_EXPO_2014_(76)_(resized).JPG
DPO_EXPO_2014_(71)_(resized).JPG
DPO_EXPO_2014_(69)_(resized).JPG
There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 8 years ago

Any word if Stern will make another run of AC/DC? Been hearing different things.

#2 8 years ago

No. They wanted too much for the license. There are plenty out there already.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

They want more for an old used one then when they were NIB from the factory.

#4 8 years ago

Yup, the entire rumor/thread was created to get people to sell their ACDC machines. I was ejected from that very thread......God forbid someone calls a group of individuals who flat out lie, "losers". Regardless of the thread and the lie that ACDC will be remade soon, common sense should tell you that it is very possible that down the road ACDC will eventually be remade. Licenses like ACDC are timeless and not as restrictive and are only held back by "money talks"....No pun intended.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

They want more for an old used one then when they were NIB from the factory.

That sounds similar to .... oh, pretty much every Bally/Williams machine that is decent. I'd love to have a mint Attack from Mars for $3500. I don't think that's going to happen though.

#6 8 years ago

They want 8500 for a decent AC/DC HUO. Way to much.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

That sounds similar to .... oh, pretty much every Bally/Williams machine that is decent. I'd love to have a mint Attack from Mars for $3500. I don't think that's going to happen though.

Kind of a false equivalency, don't you think? Stern still makes pinball machines and has been prone to re-runs in the past.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Kind of a false equivalency, don't you think? Stern still makes pinball machines and had been prone to re-runs in the past.

Not really its basic supply and demand. When there aren't many available the price will climb. Iron man was selling for mid 6's before the rerun so if they never rerun ACDC I'd expect the price to remain high.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Kind of a false equivalency, don't you think?

No. See Smassa's post.

I would like a NiB LotR for $4200. Same with TSPP. Not gonna happen though.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Maybe for you. Then go with the pro. One just sold for 4G

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

That was routed, not HUO.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yep. There's a HUO in Cincy for sale for 6k

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's what ever one can afford

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

That was a heavily used bar machine with broken ramps.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

That was a heavily used bar machine with broken ramps.

Quoted from freddy:

It's what ever one can afford

this ^

#16 8 years ago

I have a mint origional pro one Im thinking of selling, probably about 200 games on it.. just leds/superbands done. what would it go for, low 5ks?

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

I have a mint origional pro one Im thinking of selling, probably about 200 games on it.. just leds/superbands done. what would it go for, low 5ks?

minneapolis.craigslist.org link $4800 US Dollars.

LTG : )

Link didn't seem to work. Loaded pro, $4800 US Dollars.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Which model are you looking to get? 8500 is luci range but you can find regular premiums for 6500-7500 depending on mods

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Which model are you looking to get? 8500 is luci range but you can find regular premiums for 6500-7500 depending on mods

basic Premium

#20 8 years ago

With the lead singer just fired ? Wouldn't it be even harder to renew the license now ?

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

With the lead singer just fired ? Wouldn't it be even harder to renew the license now ?

Irrelevant as far as licensing goes. I doubt johnson has a say. And if he does they would just redo the artwork.

#22 8 years ago

I'm seeing prices near the $7K range for nice HUO ACDC Premiums, and around $8K+ for nice HUO Luci's. Simple supply and demand.

I think Stern's plate is full right now, their production line is slammed full for a long time to come. I don't think they will be remaking ACDC anytime soon.. but of course, they COULD in the future... just how long are we talking about is the question. Most likely years?

Then you have to take into account that Stern prices are up (er, enforced at a higher selling point) so I would expect the new Premiums, IF/WHEN they do them, to be at the higher price also.

To me, if I didn't have one, I'd snag one now and just enjoy.. and if they remake it, the money I may lose is the cost of playing the machine at my house/ownership.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Sounds like they could use the money now more than ever! Perhaps that licensing fee just went down with their tour cancelled? I don't think the tour situation would affect the licensing issue personally.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Irrelevant as far as licensing goes. I doubt johnson has a say. And if he does they would just redo the artwork.

A new version. uhmm

#25 8 years ago

Well guys can complain about old Rock bands but I have a pretty cool line up and my 10yr old daughter who plays every day with me after work her favorite pin is AC/DC and her friends love the game as well.It's a great game and for all the guys out there who want a NIB I hope they run it again and hopefully all new artwork like Metallica Dirty Don, I might even buy one

#26 8 years ago

I guess I have to keep looking, haven't been able to find a HUO for a decent price.

#27 8 years ago

I just added a Luci to my collection, never letting this title go now... I've owned a few premiums, a LTBR, and a BIBLE in the past. This is one of my all time faves, period. Just a killer game.

I think the Bell shot is just one of the most satisfying shots in pinball, period. It's not difficult either. The bell sound and payout (2X or 3X when hit a few times) just makes me love it. I think Steve Ritchie knew what he was doing with this one!

Oh, and I paid the current market price for Luci, a little on the high side considering what they sold for new but in line with market, and I don't care if they remake it or not... It's going to get at least 1,000 plays from me before that time and I can't put a price on the fun I'll ve having until then.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I just added a Luci to my collection, never letting this title go now... I've owned a few premiums, a LTBR, and a BIBLE in the past. This is one of my all time faves, period. Just a killer game.
I think the Bell shot is just one of the most satisfying shots in pinball, period. It's not difficult either. The bell sound and payout (2X or 3X when hit a few times) just makes me love it. I think Steve Ritchie knew what he was doing with this one!
Oh, and I paid the current market price for Luci, a little on the high side considering what they sold for new but in line with market, and I don't care if they remake it or not... It's going to get at least 1,000 plays from me before that time and I can't put a price on the fun I'll ve having until then.

Where did you find that one at ?

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

He wasn't fired. He retired (from touring) at the advice of his doctor, retire or be completely deaf in 6 months. He is still considered a huge part of AC/DC. He will probably still be the lead singer if AC/DC does any future albums.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Where did you find that one at ?

I bought MikeD's. It's a beauty, low plays, and loaded out.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

He wasn't fired. He retired (from touring) at the advice of his doctor, retire or be completely deaf in 6 months. He is still considered a huge part of AC/DC. He will probably still be the lead singer if AC/DC does any future albums.

You must not have read the latest on this... Go do a new search, Brian was pretty much given the cold shoulder when he mentioned he was having problems to Angus, Angus just seemed like he didn't care and wanted to replace him immediately. May have something to do with the fact that Brian is 68, and Angus is 10 years younger and anticipates touring for another decade.

#32 8 years ago

Dirty Donnie or similar hand drawn art on an ACDC would be epic. I own a modded HUO pro, bought it six months ago for 4500. I'd have a hard time passing on a rerelease with new art, the art package currently is the only negative I have towards the game.
As an aside, I can't see ACDC being he same band with a different singer. Sure they replaced Bon with Brian, but really Bon had been in the band for like 6 or 7 years, while Brian has been in there for coming up on 40 years now. He is as much ACDC as Angus, to me.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

That's a shame, how much and idea, always curious to know this things that prevent it from happening?

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Quoted from Khabbi:

Do you have a shaker? I just put my shaker on Luci, turned settings to High and WOW!!!! Wish I would have done it sooner!

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

That's a shame, how much and idea, always curious to know this things that prevent it from happening?

Smokedog and anyone else telling you ACDC won't be remade are full of it. If there is $ to be had Stern will rerun it. Like Gary would give two shits paying $200 per license. He would still get his money. Give it two years or so.

#36 8 years ago

I think stern has enough on the table at the moment then to worry about remaking acdc premiums. Id think tron makes more sense since pros are selling for premium prices. Not saying it cant or wont happen but dont think its super likely anytime soon. They are making twd pro and premiums, met pro and premiums, St pros and maybe some premiums, Got pro le and premiums, maybe some kiss and mustang and smve. Plus they are going to be pumping out gb le , pro and premiums for a while.

#37 8 years ago

I am going to buy a Lucy when the price comes back down. After all they almost always do. I'll be a buyer in the low/mid 6's.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

According to metal-loving comedian Jim Bruer, all is not well in AC/DC-land. Seems like a pretty messed up situation.

Angus is nuts if he thinks the band can keep playing stadiums for the next 10 years with a scab singer. I don't think they can pull it off.

-----------

AC/DC singer Brian Johnson is reportedly worried he’s being pushed out of the band after a doctor advised him he could lose his hearing if he carries on performing.

The legendary rock group announced earlier in March they are postponing their 10 remaining U.S. tour dates following news that Johnson, 68, risks going deaf. The dates are to be rescheduled for later in the year with a guest vocalist possibly filling in, an announcement on their official website stated.
ADVERTISEMENT

Now, however, comedian Jim Breuer, a friend of Johnson’s, has claimed on his podcast the singer fears the band has sidelined him—despite a second doctor suggesting his prognosis may not be as bad as it seems.

Paraphrasing his conversation with Johnson, Breuer revealed on his “Metal In Me” podcast that the singer felt he had been “kicked to the curb” by lead guitarist Angus Young, reports Ultimate Classic Rock. The comedian added that after Johnson broke the news to his band mates “all his luggage that he ever toured with showed up in his driveway.”

Breuer also claimed Johnson hasn’t heard from any of his fellow AC/DC band mates since the news broke.

On his Facebook page, the comedian later clarified he wasn’t directly quoting Johnson—rather he had “exaggerated” much of the conversation they had.

He wrote of Johnson’s current mood, “As a friend, I saw Brian withdrawn for the first time in my life. He's not a quitter, he seemed hurt by the situation of being between a rock and a hard place.”

Johnson’s precarious position in the band follows the 2014 retirement of drummer Malcolm Young after he was diagnosed with dementia. The band faced a further line-up change when drummer Phil Rudd was sentenced to eight months house arrest in 2015 after pleading guilty to charges of drug possession and threatening to kill a former assistant.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Smokedog and anyone else telling you ACDC won't be remade are full of it. If there is $ to be had Stern will rerun it. Like Gary would give two shits paying $200 per license. He would still get his money. Give it two years or so.

If the demand is there, they'll remake it no matter what they have on the line. The real question is: Is the demand really there? With so many new titles out commanding big dollars, I have a hard time believing they'll re-run ACDC any time soon.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

If the demand is there, they'll remake it no matter what they have on the line. The real question is: Is the demand really there? With so many new titles out commanding big dollars, I have a hard time believing they'll re-run ACDC any time soon.

I agree with this.
Yes, I'm an owner but NO I'm not saying it to pump the prices, mine ISN'T for sale and WON'T be for sale in the foreseeable future, I don't care what the prices do (it will probably be in my game room when this generation of Stern pins is looked at like EMs are today).
If Stern was dealing with a bunch of dogs in the lineup I'd say there was a reason to spend whatever it takes to get the license but that isn't really the case at the moment, so why pay more.
Regardless of the status of Johnson I REALLY doubt that the band is hurting for money and would have a need to "settle" for less than they want.
Will any of that change down the road, who can truly say?

I would agree that Tron would make much more sense than AC/DC, I think the market can easily withstand a infusion of those (certainly one of the few NIB I would consider)

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

I am going to buy a Lucy when the price comes back down. After all they almost always do. I'll be a buyer in the low/mid 6's.

Gl with that ... I don't see that happening if they wld rerun . Luci was 6600-6800 delivered before all this price limiting stern is making distros do. Regular premiums will probably be that now if the did a run. Luci is almost like a third le because of the art, powdercoat and different lower play field, also they only made around 200 apparently. You cant even find a regular premium for under 6500 these days unfortunately.

#42 8 years ago

Prices are so insanely lame at this point... it's a real turnoff.

#43 8 years ago

I won't need luck. Prices always come back to normal. Sometimes it's a rerun. Other times it's the threat of a rerun. Every once in a while it's just a correction. Then there is also ignorance. IMVE saw prices plummet only to rebound. An example of ignorance is wozle. I said I'd be a buyer (maybe) at $7000 and was told "good luck". I could've purchased a number of machines for south of 7k. MET LE saw prices skyrocket in minutes only to become realistic months later. STLE saw prices fall then rebound. Spider-Man prices dropped (and the market was flooded) prior to the new SM. It came in at such an absurdly high price the original Spider-Man tables quickly rebounded. An example of a correction is AFM. They hit 10k; I buddy of mine made an AFM clone and did quite well on the sale. They have since become more reasonable.

While I won't gloat or say I told you so I will post a new thread if I get my price.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Gl with that ... I don't see that happening if they wld rerun . Luci was 6600-6800 delivered before all this price limiting stern is making distros do. Regular premiums will probably be that now if the did a run. Luci is almost like a third le because of the art, powdercoat and different lower play field, also they only made around 200 apparently. You cant even find a regular premium for under 6500 these days unfortunately.

#44 8 years ago

While the prices are high, there's a reason for that- High demand, low supply, and arguably the best lyman code on the plant, combined with a super-flowing Steve Ritchie playfield. And EVERYONE likes AC/DC music... It's hard to find someone that doesn't.

NIB Premiums are what, almost $7K now with the "dealer enforced pricing structure"?

My advice? Buy what you can afford and don't sweat a few hundred bucks.. the hobby is more fun if you're not constantly counting dollars and hoping you can sell your game for what you got into it (or more for some people). While I'm not a spendthrift, I buy what I want and consider any losses the price of playing the game and having fun.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

I won't need luck. Prices always come back to normal. Sometimes it's a rerun. Other times it's the threat of a rerun. Every once in a while it's just a correction. Then there is also ignorance. IMVE saw prices plummet only to rebound. An example of ignorance is wozle. I said I'd be a buyer (maybe) at $7000 and was told "good luck". I could've purchased a number of machines for south of 7k. MET LE saw prices skyrocket in minutes only to become realistic months later. STLE saw prices fall then rebound. Spider-Man prices dropped (and the market was flooded) prior to the new SM. It came in at such an absurdly high price the original Spider-Man tables quickly rebounded. An example of a correction is AFM. They hit 10k; I buddy of mine made an AFM clone and did quite well on the sale. They have since become more reasonable.
While I won't gloat or say I told you so I will post a new thread if I get my price.

Am I the only one who found this hilarious? It's like doctor Evil expounding on pinball pricing.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

So if you were selling a Luci, you would be selling it for just over $6k right?

Rob

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

So if you were selling a Luci, you would be selling it for just over $6k right?
Rob

One was listed for 7k completely stock and sold in minutes and had tons of inquiries. A few sold a few weeks ago between 8-8500 with just a few cheaper upgrades and sold rather quickly also. Im not sure what they are worth but finding one at 6-6500 will be nearly impossible when you can get between 8-9k for this super awesome rare acdc. Op may find a regular premium for his price range but even that seems to be getting more difficult. It seems to be one of sterns best pins ever , that just dont come up for sale very often but when they do they sell instantly no matter the price it seems. Even the pro is rare to see for sale .

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

Do you have a shaker? I just put my shaker on Luci, turned settings to High and WOW!!!! Wish I would have done it sooner!

Shaker is a must for this title IMO. Actually, a shaker is a must for all of the newer sterns, best $100 you can spend IMO.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

You mean when you get your price? Find me one too please? Haha

#50 8 years ago

My position is quite clear. I expect prices on Lucy to come down. If they do I will buy. Would I sell one now for 6k? Ummm no because the market commands more. It is worth noting that a couple of you that are critical of my words own acdc premiums.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 29.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 12.95
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.