• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ACDC_pinball_score3.JPG
photo_(11).JPG
ACDC_Pro_P_Left.JPG
There are 162 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 11 years ago

Lights the ramp now

#102 11 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Well since I installed 1.63 my kickout for the jukebox has started malfunctioning. Now it doesn't always kick the ball out. This has never happened and it makes me suspect that something was changed in 1.63 to cause this. I don't think it's a coincidence and it happened during the first game on 1.63. I also noticed that the kickout seems to be weaker now and was wondering if maybe it was changed because the ball used to shoot out of it very fast and because of this would ricochet off the the rollover rubbers and go straight back into the jukebox.
Anyone else notice this issue?

This happened to mine 5 months ago. I posted a thread and fix. Its a bad switch in juke box. Stern sent me a new one and I replaced it. Fixed.
The switch had a dead spot in it. Bad batch.

Heres a video I made of issue.

#103 11 years ago

Same thing here.
Had to replace the switch.
Problem solved.

#104 11 years ago

I planned on that but my issue is, how does that fix the kickout strength of that coil firing the ball? I mean when it works it barely kicks the ball out and I can't get it to launch the ball back around the loop holding down the flipper button anymore. I could see the switch causing issues with that but I guess we'll see. E-mail to Stern coming(lets see if they'll still cover it, been almost a year hasn't it?

#105 11 years ago

It is strange, I'll admit.
I had the weak kickouts as well.
I adjusted the switch lever, and it worked for a bit, then went right back to a weak kickout.
Stern sent me a new switch and I have never had a weak kickout again.
It requires a bit of soldering, and I believe there is a diode across the switch.
Luckily if you remove the wood screws on the entire assembly, it just unplugs and pulls right out for a easy solder job.

#106 11 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

With a 64-bit unsigned integer we should be good up to 18,446,744,073,709,551,615.

That is 18 Quintrillon, I know for a fact it is good up to Quadrrillion!

This would take 100s of years of non stop game play to accomplish !

Jim photo_(11).JPGphoto_(11).JPG

#107 11 years ago

Same issue for me, 1.63 weak and sometime no kick out at all till ball search. Seems to warm up w play??? What address do I email Stern?

Bill

#108 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

This happened to mine 5 months ago. I posted a thread and fix. Its a bad switch in juke box. Stern sent me a new one and I replaced it. Fixed.

Same thing happened to me. Replaced the switch and 100% now.

#109 11 years ago
Quoted from BillP:

Same issue for me, 1.63 weak and sometime no kick out at all till ball search. Seems to warm up w play??? What address do I email Stern?
Bill

Ok Im still thinking they changed something in the code and its causing this problem. This is my exact problem and happened right when I installed 1.63. I may go back to 1.6 to test that theory.

#110 11 years ago

This has to be the case (1.63 creating the issue), It was almost immediate and it did not click for me until I read thread. I would be interested in your finding if you go back to 1.6 (I can do this too if needed)...This it too much of a coincidence to not be code related. I check the switch yesterday (changing 4 LED that have burned out already on my ACDC), and the switch is solid and the coil work pefectly in test...It's just a limp relase in gameplay. I seems to fire nice when you go for superskill shot (assuming it registers) so it certainly appears to be code related to me.

Bill

#111 11 years ago
Quoted from BillP:

This has to be the case (1.63 creating the issue), It was almost immediate and it did not click for me until I read thread. I would be interested in your finding if you go back to 1.6 (I can do this too if needed)...This it too much of a coincidence to not be code related. I check the switch yesterday (changing 4 LED that have burned out already on my ACDC), and the switch is solid and the coil work pefectly in test...It's just a limp relase in gameplay. I seems to fire nice when you go for superskill shot (assuming it registers) so it certainly appears to be code related to me.

Bill

I'm not saying it isn't the release, but this switch drove me crazy. I kept hearing it was the switch, but for the life of me I could not rationalize the switch could make the solenoid fire strong, weak, and on some occasions, just hiccup and stay in the juke. There was no way the symptoms I was having were switch related. You know what? All those @#$%'ers who said it was the switch, were right. I didn't want to believe it, but I have had ZERO issues since it was replaced about 6 months ago.

My suggestion. Change that @#$%'n switch
What's the worst that could happen?

#112 11 years ago

Software has nothing to do with the jukebox switch ! I have two games running 1.63 and the games work just fine .

Jim

#113 11 years ago

Wonky switches freak something out, dunno if it's the hardware or the software. It's so easy to replace a switch, you can even call Stern and they'll send you one. It's worth a shot for anyone having the issue.

My first playfield had minor issues back there, but after a switch adjustment it was fine.

Quoted from hank35:

All those @#$%'ers who said it was the switch, were right.

#114 11 years ago
Quoted from BillP:

This has to be the case (1.63 creating the issue), It was almost immediate and it did not click for me until I read thread.

No.

If it was the software, we would all be having the problem. That isn't the case.

#115 11 years ago

It is 100% the switch.
We have been through this already in another thread.
Just change it out and all your problems will be solved.
(Well, maybe not all your problems, but at least those with the Juke Box kick out anyway)

#116 11 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

It is 100% the switch.
We have been through this already in another thread.
Just change it out and all your problems will be solved.
(Well, maybe not all your problems, but at least those with the Juke Box kick out anyway)

Oh I'm definitely gonna change out the switch. I just found it odd that the whole time I've owned the game I never had a problem with that, then finished installing 1.63 and it immediately happened on the first game.

#117 11 years ago

Oh I'm definitely gonna change out the switch. I just found it odd that the whole time I've owned the game I never had a problem with that, then finished installing 1.63 and it immediately happened on the first game.

I agree with you that it is odd.
And if I had not already been through all the switch craziness myself, I would still be thinking just like you. It took me weeks, to finally break down and order a new switch. Lol

#118 11 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I agree with you that it is odd.
And if I had not already been through all the switch craziness myself, I would still be thinking just like you. It took me weeks, to finally break down and order a new switch. Lol

I hear ya. I'm out of town right now, does anyone have that part number handy? I would rather buy the switch from somewhere else because I haven't had the quickest responses from Sterns parts department.

#119 11 years ago

I hear ya. I'm out of town right now, does anyone have that part number handy? I would rather buy the switch from somewhere else because I haven't had the quickest responses from Sterns parts department.

+1, where can I getthis switch? Can I email Stern? My distributor?

Bill

#120 11 years ago

The part # is in the manual but I am not at home.
Most places that sell pinball parts have it as well as Stern.

#121 11 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

I'm not saying it isn't the release, but this switch drove me crazy. I kept hearing it was the switch, but for the life of me I could not rationalize the switch could make the solenoid fire strong, weak, and on some occasions, just hiccup and stay in the juke. There was no way the symptoms I was having were switch related. You know what? All those @#$%'ers who said it was the switch, were right. I didn't want to believe it, but I have had ZERO issues since it was replaced about 6 months ago.

My suggestion. Change that @#$%'n switch
What's the worst that could happen?

I'm changing the f@%$&n switch. E-mailed Chas and appears he is gonna send it, althoguh I think I might be out of warranty but they are usually good or at least I hope they will be. GAME ON!

#122 11 years ago

All this talk about the switch. What about the update? Is it a good one? Is it worth erasing my high scores?

Pappy

#123 11 years ago

The switch has a special arm to it. Just call and order from Stern. Easy. Parts ship fast to me.

It caused weird kickout issues months ago. Its the switch not the code. The switch has a dead spot in it.

Code is good. I put up 500Mil blowing away my old high score.

#124 11 years ago

Yes, the update is worth it.
I'm sure you can remember what your high score was until you beat it again.
Until it gets to 2.0, no high score is safe. Just temp.

#125 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

The switch has a special arm to it.

You can just take the actuator off and put it on any cherry switch, at least that's what was on mine.
Mine went dead instantly, in the middle of a game.

#126 11 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Yes, the update is worth it.
I'm sure you can remember what your high score was until you beat it again.
Until it gets to 2.0, no high score is safe. Just temp.

Forget remembering it, just take some pics with your cell phone.

I lost my GC score, but I still have proof!

ACDC_pinball_score3.JPGACDC_pinball_score3.JPG

#127 11 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

You can just take the actuator off and put it on any cherry switch, at least that's what was on mine.
Mine went dead instantly, in the middle of a game.

I'd like to see a picture of this, I know I have some cherry switches at home.

#128 11 years ago

I'm talking about the cherry sub-miniature or miniature switches, the smaller ones used on pinball machines, not the large ones for video game joystiks, etc.
The actuator just clamps on to the nubs at the back of the switch.
The Omron type mini switches (LOTR VUK!)you can't do this with.

#130 11 years ago

Between taking care of our newborn and playing avengers, I still haven't updated our ACDC. 3 day weekend coming up! There's still hope! Lol.

#131 11 years ago

Is it just me, or does the individual volume control not work correctly? When I set Music to anything other than the default value of 0, it's always quieter, even if I crank it all the way to 60.

#132 11 years ago

I think 0 is the loudest and 60 is the softest.
Took me awhile to figure that out.
It really should state which way to go with it.

#133 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Forget remembering it, just take some pics with your cell phone.
I lost my GC score, but I still have proof!

Quit rubbing it in.

#134 11 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I think 0 is the loudest and 60 is the softest.
Took me awhile to figure that out.
It really should state which way to go with it.

OH, lol, well that would make sense, because I didn't even try negative. I'll give that a shot today. I did note that even at the 1 setting it was noticeably softer than 0, and 60 might not of been any different.

#135 11 years ago

i took delivery of AC/DC BiB LE NIB on December 15th. I wanted to play it for a while before updating it. updated to 1.63 on Sunday. Holy crap!....the best just got better....the new animations, multi-ball upgrades, shaker, lights, insults

Thank goodness my family loves the game or i'd never see them again. Every night after work, i escape...they know where i am

#136 11 years ago

Lol! That's what happens with this game

#137 11 years ago

OT: Is a Shaker motor a must on AC/DC Premium?

#138 11 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

was wondering the same

#139 11 years ago

I put a shaker in the Pro figure its very close to the same thing? Non the less I love shakers - However, out of the three game with shakers it ranks 3rd. Just not tied in to be all that special IMO

#140 11 years ago

A must with the shaker it rocks do it

#141 11 years ago

mine ,maybe not a MUST...but I like it WAAAYYY BETTER with

#142 11 years ago

Well said GRH - I have the Pinball PRO 14" and shaker the thing feels like its going to explode amazing feeling

#143 11 years ago

Yep

#144 11 years ago

Yes. I can't imagine the Multiball starts without the shaker "cannon explosions" rocking the whole machine!

#145 11 years ago

This is my favorite change, you can now see what shot to hit next with a pink arrow insert: "Album multiball and tour multiball jackpot information now displayed outside of multiball. This helps the player if they are trying to change songs to set up a song bonus".

Pappy

#146 11 years ago

The shaker implementation on AC/DC is about as good as it gets.

#147 11 years ago

Keeps popping out my damn bulbs in the slingshots! I've had to superglue one of the bulbs in twice now even. The shaker is badass though.

#148 11 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Keeps popping out my damn bulbs in the slingshots! I've had to superglue one of the bulbs in twice now even. The shaker is badass though.

I have bulbs that keep popping out, and I don't even have a shaker yet

#149 11 years ago

Have you taken needle nose pliers and squeezed the contractors together so it grips the bulb better?

#150 11 years ago
Quoted from bluevegas:

I have bulbs that keep popping out, and I don't even have a shaker yet

Lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
16,500 (Firm)
$ 29.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 162 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-163/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.