• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ACDC_pinball_score3.JPG
photo_(11).JPG
ACDC_Pro_P_Left.JPG
There are 162 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 11 years ago

Just took delivery of our NIB ACDC Pro that was born in the Stern Factory on Jan. 21 - appears to have code 1.63 (Current on Sterns website is 1.61). Just thought I would put that bit out there that there is a newer version out there... no idea what the differences are though!
Friggin' love this game more each time I play!

#2 11 years ago

Man, I wish could see what was done!!! Without you having experienced the earlier versions, it would be tough to spot out the new additions! Hope they release the update soon! Enjoy it, it's freakin an amazing pin!!!

#3 11 years ago

Wait till McCune sees this, he might have a heart attack pacing by his PC waiting for Stern to release it.

#4 11 years ago

Yeah, I already checked the Stern website. Can't wait to see what this one's all about.
Does anyone know if they're working towards 2.0, or might this be the final update?

#5 11 years ago

They said they're working towards 2.0, the game won't be finished until it gets there. Can't wait to see more!

#6 11 years ago

As great as this pin is right now, I just can't imagine how awesome with another updated. wow.

#7 11 years ago

Don't get too excited. Just added 64 bit scoring and fixed the song intro bug when shooting the cannon.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Just added 64 bit scoring...

So it won't roll at ~4.3 billion? If yes, does anyone have a clue what it rolls at now?

If true, Marc Conant is not going to be happy to hear about this. d

#9 11 years ago

Hmmm wondering when the song volume in Encore will be fixed...

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

So it won't roll at ~4.3 billion? If yes, does anyone have a clue what it rolls at now?
If true, Marc Conant is not going to be happy to hear about this. d

With a 64-bit unsigned integer we should be good up to 18,446,744,073,709,551,615.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Hmmm wondering when the song volume in Encore will be fixed...

That would be nice.
When we get to Encore now at my house, we have learned to open the coin door and crank it up.

#12 11 years ago

Its the Let there be rock live track??

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

With a 64-bit unsigned integer we should be good up to 18,446,744,073,709,551,615.

18.5Q? (quintillion) That's gonna take Marc a couple of days. Stay tuned...

#14 11 years ago

Whats Encore....

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Whats Encore....

Richard will show you in March Paul ...

#16 11 years ago

There is much more he could add.

More animations, expand the modes like he did with Thunderstruck. STROBE Multiball. Use the Apron strobes more on Premium/LE.

#17 11 years ago

If they could add " dirty deads" in there some ware as a mode or mini wizard mode, now that would be something.

#18 11 years ago

I think the possibility of adding more songs in the future would be great. Like Shoot To Thrill.

#19 11 years ago

Seriously. If somehow they released another bunch of songs, and you could select them through the audits menu (cause of course there's a maximum that can be held in the jukebox), that would be ridiculously amazing. Customizing your own soundtrack would make this even better than it already is. Of course I doubt that will ever happen, given the work involved and the licensing fees etc, but a guy can dream.
I always loved "Who made who" and "Money Talks" -as well as "Shoot to Thrill".

#20 11 years ago

I heard direct from Ritchie that there would be no new songs. It'd be awesome but don't get your hopes up.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Reul1:

If they could add " dirty deads" in there some ware as a mode or mini wizard mode, now that would be something.

This was my biggest disappointment with the game. It's my favorite AC/DC song by far, and I thought for sure they would include it. I've just had to accept the fact that it's never happening.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I heard direct from Ritchie that there would be no new songs. It'd be awesome but don't get your hopes up.

So then is Encore a different song or not? Have not been there but wonder if Encore mode has a diff song.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

So then is Encore a different song or not? Have not been there but wonder if Encore mode has a diff song.

I've never been to Encore either, but I believe it is simply a live version of one of the 12 songs.

#24 11 years ago

It's really too bad that Stern wouldn't sell a mod/upgrade kit in the future. For example, 3 plastic "$" to replace the Thunderstruck Lightning Bolts, and you could remove Thunderstruck from the playlist, and replace it with "Money Talks".
(I'm not sure I like Money Talks more than Thunderstruck, but you get the idea)
Optional song upgrades and a few goofy plastics/toys to change on the PF for $300, for example.
The moving band in the top right side... that could be swapped out and upgraded in a number of ways. Replace it with the truck from Maximum Overdrive (goblin faced Mac truck I think), and have "Who Made Who" on the soundtrack. Drive up the ramp and you get a truck horn blaring, just like the train on the other side.
Again, if there's money in it for Stern, why not? How many collectors wouldn't pay another chunk of change for an upgrade like this?
Yet another example: the lower playfield. TONS of room for improvement there and I would expect it wouldn't be a terribly difficult swap-out for a new one (though the shape is already committed). Who wouldn't pay another $300-400 to change that?

A new cannon mod. Nuff said.

A new after-market division designed and sold by Stern is in order! Let's give them more money!!!

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

That is such a bummer, could be easily done as over half the songs really don't have super "direct" ties to things on the playfield, replace the playlist on the jukebox and add songs later. Would have been cool.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

It's really too bad that Stern wouldn't sell a mod/upgrade kit in the future. For example, 3 plastic "$" to replace the Thunderstruck Lightning Bolts, and you could remove Thunderstruck from the playlist, and replace it with "Money Talks".
Optional song upgrades and a few goofy plastics/toys to change on the PF for $300, for example.
The moving band in the top right side... that could be swapped out and upgraded in a number of ways. Replace it with the truck from Maximum Overdrive (goblin faced Mac truck I think), and have "Who Made Who" on the soundtrack. Drive up the ramp and you get a truck horn blaring, just like the train on the other side.
Again, if there's money in it for Stern, why not? How many collectors wouldn't pay another chunk of change for an upgrade like this?
Yet another example: the lower playfield. TONS of room for improvement there and I would expect it wouldn't be a terribly difficult swap-out for a new one (though the shape is already committed). Who wouldn't pay another $300-400 to change that?
A new after-market division designed and sold by Stern is in order! Let's give them more money!!!

Chambahz,

That's actually a very interesting concept. I would be interested. I think at the end of the day there are probably some hardware issues with the capacity of the chips and such. From everything I have read through the forum they are maxed out on the ram. So unless there is some leap forward in that I think we are where we are.

Also licensing is a big part of it. At the end of the day I'm sure the band only approved so many songs for a certain amount of money. Add more songs; add more royalties. This may be cost prohibited from Sterns side of things. The royalty cost may outweigh the profit margin.

And I don't think we should even discuss how you keep everyone happy out there. 200 people want Who made Who, 100 people want Big Balls, 100 want money talks and so on.

I do think with the sales numbers of Pre and LE pins on the AC/DC runs this is the machine that stands the best chance for trying something new like this.

I think Ben Heck is headed that way with the Zombie pin. Some custom items that you pick and add to the machine. If Stern did a non licensed theme this would probably be more of a reality but the licensing and royalty issues with the themed pins I believe kills the idea.

I still think its a great idea.

Just my 2 cents in a sea of loose change.

chris

#27 11 years ago

Dream-crusher!

; P

#28 11 years ago

I want a multiball where the lower and upper playfield are both played at once maybe with a new song or a existing song.

#29 11 years ago

Yes, Encore is a live version of one of the existing songs.
However the audio level on that particular song is much lower then the studio tracks.
Encore mode needs to be louder, not softer than the rest of the game.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

You're asking them to fundamentally redesign the physical nature of the game. That would never happen, nor is there a reason to expect it. The game is selling well - it's clearly a hit. No reason to change the physical nature of the game. Lyman's still programming the game so there will be tons more cool stuff coming without having to physically alter the game.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

STROBE Multiball.

OMG I hope not...that was one of the reasons I sold AFM. I don't need a f*cking headache when playing pinball.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This was my biggest disappointment with the game. It's my favorite AC/DC song by far, and I thought for sure they would include it. I've just had to accept the fact that it's never happening.

So many good songs that didn't make it. To me, the biggest disappointment was not including "Shoot to Thrill" as the title seems to fit so well on a Pin!

Quoted from gweempose:

I've never been to Encore either, but I believe it is simply a live version of one of the 12 songs.

Haven't been to Encore either, but the live version is of my least favorite song on the pin.

#33 11 years ago

Have't been to encore but someday...

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Haven't been to Encore either, but the live version is of my least favorite song on the pin.

THIS.

I would love to see a menu option where you could pick which live song plays during Encore mode, as it doesn't seem that the song they already have in place is tied to the mode directly.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So many good songs that didn't make it. To me, the biggest disappointment was not including "Shoot to Thrill" as the title seems to fit so well on a Pin!

Yeah - but since every shot relates to a song on the jukebox, the song selection totally works for me. If the licensors did somehow allow them to use a few more songs, Shoot to Thrill would be excellent for a Wiz or Mini-Wiz mode.

#36 11 years ago

You guys know its on the site 1-18-13 right ?

#37 11 years ago

Here is the update page from the site:

V1.63 - Jan. 18, 2013
=====================

- Added multiplied shots to "For Those About To Rock".
- The bell shot is now part of combos via the left loop and the right
ramp.
- Fixed an issue that would possibly corrupt the auto extra ball data.
- Added lamp effects for T.N.T. awards.
- Album multiball and tour multiball jackpot information now displayed
outside of multiball. This helps the player if they are trying to
change songs to set up a song bonus.
- Added art and sounds for double/triple bonus. Bonus intro now plays
in the key of the song that was being played. 2x/3x stamp is either
fire or lightning (instead of silent screen flip) based on what song
was being played.
- Added speech for good bonuses.
- Added super jackpot speech. Added big lamp effects for cannon
target(s) hit.
- In an effort to keep two balls from jamming up in the cannon, the
control gate that diverts the ball into the cannon will release the
gate if a second ball arrives at the right ramp exit switch
immediately after the gate was closed to divert the first ball.
- Encore "won" and "keep shooting" effects may no longer be aborted.
- Some sound test music was being cut off during sound test. This has
been corrected.
- Fixed an issue with the song intro loop music being trampled when
the ball is loaded into the cannon quickly at the start of a new ball.
Very noticeable on songs with lengthy intros, like "Back In Black"
and "For Those About To Rock".
- Added some lamp effects.
- All scores (system and game) are now stored as 64-bit.
- Fixed up the audits. 3-multiball super jackpot and all encore audits
were not being displayed. This has been corrected.
- Added audits for the top eject and cannon switches. Triple multiball
super jackpot is now always available (but will still reset when
collected).
- Ramp targets now score like the other targets, where the value that is
built up during the ball is reset at the start of a new ball.
- If the player does not fire the cannon (timeout), most cannon awards
will not remain available. They will have to be requalified. This
prevents certain exploits (i.e. firing the ball at the left loop to
get +1 advance for Tour Multiball along with (usually) a note arrow
during a song).

#38 11 years ago

Rad! It's up for Pro and LE! I wonder how long it's been up without us noticing...damn!

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Rad! It's up for Pro and LE! I wonder how long it's been up without us noticing...damn!

Since January 18, it would appear.

Hilarious.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Since January 18, it would appear.
Hilarious.

Sometimes the Readme date is earlier than the release date.

#41 11 years ago

Thumbs up to Stern for updating this machine!

#42 11 years ago

Sounds like a pretty solid update!

#43 11 years ago

I'll update it now.

#44 11 years ago

And I worked so hard to finally break $300 million ...

#45 11 years ago

My game is scheduled for delivery on Wednesday, I wonder if it will come with the most recent code?

#46 11 years ago

Dammit. I just got 537 Mil and Encore last night and now I have to lose it with this update.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

But what is the display / art work limits on the DMD.

#48 11 years ago

v1.64: Have an update which holds previous scores

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from bluevegas:

My game is scheduled for delivery on Wednesday, I wonder if it will come with the most recent code?

I got mine on Saturday and it has 1.63 already loaded.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from rockinganker:

I got mine on Saturday and it has 1.63 already loaded.

cool thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

There are 162 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-163/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.