Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by jalpert
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Just saw that they updated the code to 1.52. Nothing for the multicolored LED inserts & no Mini-wizard mode or Encore yet.

#3 11 years ago

It's normal that there is nothing for the multicolored LED inserts because only PRO 1.52 is available for the moment.

#4 11 years ago

I hope an update for the bell in the new LE code.

#5 11 years ago

1.52 is available for LE too now and is the same than PRO.

#6 11 years ago

I must say that although any update is nice, I guess I was expecting a bigger update that included the multicolored LED code, mini wizard mode, and Encore. Now that all the LEs have been completed hopefully it won't be too long...

#7 11 years ago

Best....update.....ever.

#8 11 years ago

I don't see where its available for the LE or premium. Read me text still says 1.50 for the Le's

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

I don't see where its available for the LE or premium. Read me text still says 1.50 for the Le's

Here is the link for the LE read-me file:

http://www.sternpinball.com/downloads/ACDC_LE_readme.txt

#10 11 years ago

I know its only 1.50

#11 11 years ago

That's strange, it shows 1.52 for the LE when I link to it...

#12 11 years ago

Yep now I see it ( Ctrl F5 )

THX

#13 11 years ago

I hoped for more in this update, that had to wait. But what's in it is great!
    I had shakers in many games, and just in a few ones they were used good. In BBH I thought it was better without one. The Shaker in BDK was not bad, but could have been way better. 24 was realy good with it. But I always thought SM and LotR are the games with the best shaker use. Never played IM, for the IM pin there is not much love here in germany. But now there is the AC/DC with 1.52 and I must say it's my new number 1 in shaker effects.
    They are used very clever with the modes and they are not just for the effect, they are used to give feedback if you playing right.
    If the rest will be so good as the shaker is now, can't wait to get the big updates!

#14 11 years ago

1.52 / for AC/DC PREMIUM/LE ... Great Job Mr Sheets ,, Keep'em Coming !!!

#15 11 years ago

Hey quick stupid question, never had updated code on a Stern until this one. Just completed it and it wiped all high scores. Does this happen every time or anyway to save them?

#16 11 years ago

Yes it wipes high scores and audits i believe

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Hey quick stupid question, never had updated code on a Stern until this one. Just completed it and it wiped all high scores. Does this happen every time or anyway to save them?

Can't save anything when you update.

#18 11 years ago

Ok, I am a dummy. Where is 1.52? Do I go to game codes?
    I guess I better get a shaker for my Premium now as well.

#20 11 years ago

HELP

I have a MAC. Clicked on the above link and downloaded files. Dragged on to my USB. Followed all directions from STern and got to the part where its says insert USB and select update. The Game says no update?
    Any ideas?

#21 11 years ago

Mac here as well. No issues. Download the zip, OSX has a built in zip extractor.

1.)Download the .zip directly to your flash drive
    2.)Double click the .zip file on the flash drive, the file will extract

That's it. The update software (on the pinball) reads directory structure, or you can copy/paste the file from the extracted directory to the root of the USB stick if you want.

Otherwise, flip the dip switch, turn the game on, then follow the on screen prompts.

One quirk for me, when I got to the point where it says "insert flash drive" the game didn't detect it. So with the flash drive in I power cycled the game, re-did the upgrade procedure and didn't have an issue.

One potential Mac related issue could be your thumb drive isn't formatted FAT, but IIRC, OSX will format it FAT by default so you should (should being the key word) be okay.

#22 11 years ago

Thanks,
    I guess I did not click on it after dragging it on to the USB so it did not unzip. This time I did and its working.

Greatly appreciated.

#23 11 years ago

No problem man. The game feels a bit easier after the update. I'm not getting my shaker until tomorrow so I don't know much about that, which was the big feature improved in the update.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

I'm not getting my shaker until tomorrow

I am calling JJ today.

#25 11 years ago

I did not order the shaker through JJ, I think they are still waiting on their stock from Stern.

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I am calling JJ today.

#26 11 years ago

If you're not playing with a shaker yet, you're missing out. It's very well implemented so far on the cannon shots and especially the War Machine spinner. It's a worthy upgrade!

#27 11 years ago

Thanks Jalpert,
    I know but I am loyal with my business. He really does well by me. They will come on soon. I hope : o

#28 11 years ago

Yes, the war machine spinner has a fantastic shaker effect, alone that is worth to put one in.

But I hope the next real update won't take so long to arrive. After I had seen the RGB Inserts of the woz game I can't wait. Are there rumores yet why it takes so long? Or are we having to wait till the end of next month for the next update?

#29 11 years ago

Going to upgrade to 1.52 tonight, hopefully. Need to install my tourney button. Getting my shaker from cointaker and replacing the cool white leds with warm to see how it looks. I think the warm look of the PF needs warm light.

#30 11 years ago

Just updated to 1.52. Everything went smoothly. Takes about 25 minutes or so if you chose to verify the binary prior to installing (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)

#31 11 years ago

I saw the inserts all change color on WOZ at the same time, which is not the point of the AC/DC color changing inserts. AC/DCs inserts are going to change colors individually based on objectives etc. Am I missing something with he WOZ inserts? Their code is early as well so I'm sure it'll come around, but for now it doesn't seem like anything special.

Quoted from Asael:

After I had seen the RGB Inserts of the woz game I can't wait.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-152-code-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.