Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yzfguy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

So I was being an idiot and accidentally put a 13V #912 bulb in a 6.5V #555 socket. It worked for a handful of games but now is not. After putting a 555 bulb in now it doesn't work at all. Theory 1: When I bent the socket down to fit the bigger bulb in, I busted the socket somehow. Theory 2: Some sort of issue with the lamp driver... but that doesn't make much sense to me since I used a larger voltage bulb in the smaller voltage socket. I can't imagine that would do that much harm. I'm not with the machine now, but was just looking for some ideas. Bally Party Animal. Thanks!

#2 6 years ago

I'd go with #1.

Easy to check, put a meter on the socket to see if it still has power.

LTG : )™

#3 6 years ago

Logic probe the wire that goes up to the MPU (not the bus wire in common to all). If you never see it sink low you burned out the associated SCR.

Should be an easy fix. You could just attack it in this fashion... if the lamp socket it good. replace the associated SCR on the MPU. 99% chance it is one of those two things at this point.

#4 6 years ago

Will try both. Back at college now but will check it out next time I get home to my machine. Thanks!

#5 6 years ago

college?! come on , man.....where are your priorities?!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside