Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silver_spinner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 7 years ago

yep. if you are a seller and accept paypal for big items, the buyer wins the battle.
    buyer can make a false claim and put the seller in a difficult situation, esp if the buyer won't ship back and its 2000 miles away (yes, happened to me). the buyer can also keep the game and get their money back.
    the buyer said through paypal, i had to come get the game, they would not ship back. wouldnt allow a shipper to pick up from them.
    what a scam.
    my case was an expensive video game and buyer stated monitor caught on fire 2 weeks after he had it, even though has been playing it daily till that point. . i asked for pictures of the issue, he wouldnt send me any. i said id ship him a new monitor for free and tell him how to install or find someone near him to install for him. he said no.

to my knowledge, if someone gifts you the money, they can not do a charge back.
    if its happened to anyone here please do tell bcuz im curious. i dont think there is even a "refund" option on paypal if it is gifted.
    you can accept a check, wait for it to clear, then ship a game. or a postal money order (no other type of money order).
    postal only, take it to post office and verify the serial number to see if its legit.
    if its in person sale., cash only though.

#29 7 years ago

how can they 1099 someone if that someone already pays taxes and already claims it all on taxes (like i do)? that's the part i don't get. i claim any parts i sell as well.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silver_spinner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/accepting-paypal-for-buying-a-machine?tu=silver_spinner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.