Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reality_studio.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

NOT TRUE
    How many times does everyone have to tell you guys?
    >>>>>>THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY TO SAFELY ACCEPT PAYPAL FOR PAYMENT. NONE

Seriously, this can't be repeated enough, don't use paypal unless you want to get ripped off.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jdawg4422:

in my situation above how can one be ripped off? If it is possible i would like to know. I have read through all of vids guide and the only negative he states about F&F gift is that they can charge back with a CC. Well if i watched him send it to me and he did not fund it with a CC then according to vids guide i cant be ripped off correct?

If you told them to send you the money as a "gift" then you will now be guilty of fraud and/or violating paypal terms of service by outright lying. This is because paypal will 1099 you for goods sold if they exceed a certain amount, and trying to circumvent that by selling goods under the guise of gift puts you at various other risks. This is something the buyer will be happy to let paypal know when he begins to scam you, after which paypal will very quickly convert your "gift" money transfer to a "goods" transfer.

In any other circumstance, as previously stated, the buyer can at anytime say the item you sold him isn't as described for any reason, even after using your item for many weeks, and you are now screwed. Even if you are able to get your pinball machine back you will still be out shipping costs, and you will have no idea if you even got the same table back. The scammer could have swapped dmd's, coils, who knows, and again their is nothing you can do about it.

I mean it's your money at the end of the day, if you want to gamble then go ahead.

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from ReplayRyan:

No.
    If someone pays you friends & family from an existing balance or bank account as Jdawg said, that money is good and irreversible. And no, Paypal is not going to 1099 you, say you avoided terms, any of that.
    This is coming from someone who sends and receives hundreds of Paypal payments each year.

Paypal does indeed issue 1099s, I have been 1099'd by them. If anyone wants to circumvent that by lying and saying payments for goods are actually gifts, then it's your risk.

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from BallyPinWiz:

This exact situation happened to me. I was selling a backglass. The Buyer offered to pay with PayPal as a gift. He then backed out of the deal after paying and he notified PayPal when I wouldn't refund his money. He then falsely claimed that I forced him to pay as a gift. PayPal deducted the money out of my account and sided with him. Then they sent me an email threatening my account for accepting PayPal gift payments. In the end, I won because I read the PayPal terms and conditions and discovered that all claims can be settled via arbitration. Arbitration is VERY expensive (almost $1000) and PayPal will pay for it. When I sent them a letter stating I wanted them to pay $1000 to go to arbitration over my $100 claim, they refunded me the money and I kept the backglass. ANYTIME PAYPAL TAKES MONEY OUT OF YOUR ACCOUNT, SEND THEM A LETTER THAT YOU WANT ARBITRATION AND YOU WANT THEM TO PAY THE ARBITRATION FEES.

Well damn I didn't know about that arbitration clause I already lost the $306 from the fraudulent claim I had to deal with alas, but good to know for the future as I'll still use paypal for items that are less than $100.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reality_studio.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/accepting-paypal-for-buying-a-machine?tu=reality_studio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.