Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 7 years ago

I have used paypal to buy (2) / sell (4) times and haven't had issues. I'd go so far as to call it an acceptable payment option. In situations where you pay for a game and are having it shipped - you might be used to sending a cashiers check or money order. About three years ago electronic transfers became pretty popular and I have had the chance to use try that five times now. Banks charge a fee and this option has lost its luster in my eyes. Up steps Paypal - allows you do the same thing as sending a cashiers check / money order (requires a trip to the bank and mailbox) or electronic transfer (requires a trip to the bank), but from home in your pj's at any instant. Now if you are going to inspect the pin, you are expeced to carry cash.

#46 7 years ago

I used PP again today for a pinball purchase. I don't see a problem, in spite of the warnings mentioned and second hand reports. Not saying there aren't dangers In the world but safe enough I recommend using PayPal. As long as you were treating deal as electronic bank transfer, all is well. If you wouldn't send electronic funds to someone because you don't trust they'll ship the goods, it is not a good idea to use PayPal either. If you want to try a machine out and later return it like a sweater...don't use electronic funds or paypal.

My earlier post quantifies my pinball machine sales and purchases using paypal. So I am not merely offering an opinion (questionable worthiness, maybe).

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Not worthless, dangerous.
    "I've been running this same stop sign every morning for the past 20 years. I've never had an accident or even a ticket. You never have to worry about stop signs." she said.

Except it is against the law to run the sign and it is universally considered a dangerous thing to do. Using pay pal is not only a common form of payment in today's commerce, it is universally accepted a legitamate transactional currency. pay pal is also highly regulated and it operates within a structured set of rules. If you follow the rules, there are no problems. Gifting money is not purchasing anything - there is no obligation of the receiver to do anything with the funds. No different than handing someone cash. There is no recourse once paying, so hand the money over at your own risk. Usually you have an accompanying email or documentation where you have agreed on a sale and it is smart to spell out that you will be arranging pickup some time in future. Pay pal gifting is in no ways like using a credit card. There you have all kinds of rights. It is not like using paypal regular where you are also offered protections. Gifting is a totally different animal. If you understand all that and feel comfortable proceeding, I'd suggest using it, otherwise skip it. I like the convenience and feel it is safe.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/accepting-paypal-for-buying-a-machine?tu=jeffspinballpalace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.