Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 years ago

If you're selling something, Paypal should not be used under any circumstances. If you're buying, it's safe to use, but then you have to decide whether you want to support a company that makes a profit by facilitating fraud. For me that's a great big no.

#52 7 years ago

I was castigated and royally dragged over the coals on this site ONLY because I took a stand against PayPus and some members here took things the wrong way.

There are many people who have learned how to "play" the PayPus system and play it they do!

If you take PayPus for anything over "trinket" value you are asking to be screwed. Maybe not this transaction or the next or even the next 10 BUT one day, you will meet one of those who is playing the system and you will lose, mark my words.

I made similar comments a few years ago on an arcade site in Australia and was poo-pooed similarly. Then, after a couple of weeks, people started replying to the thread astonished that they had just been "done over" because PayPus sided with a buyer. Many others wrote PMs to me and apologised for being too blinded by the bullshit PayPus hype and they also got done over.

If you take PayPus for large sums it is a given that you will eventually be screwed out of your money and the goods - no ifs - no buts - it is guaranteed.

Good luck to those who take PayPus despite the very clear warnings from several on this very thread who have been screwed but please don't come back crying here and ask "what happened".

#53 7 years ago
    Quoted from Edster:

I asked him for a bank eamil transfer and he said he had PP money that he wanted to use. I ended up selling my game for a bit less but I'd rather feel the security of not getting ripped off.

Seems like wise choice. If they have PP money, they can transfer it to a bank acct and pay you with that same money. As a seller, my answer is the seller chooses form of payment. If I lose a sale over it, that is my choice.

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

"I've been running this same stop sign every morning for the past 20 years. I've never had an accident or even a ticket. You never have to worry about stop signs." she said.

Damn Vid - another great example. I should have reached out on this CA trip just to buy you a beer and meet you in person. Freakin yoda man.

#55 7 years ago

Paypal is safe so long as... you ship to the invoice address, insure the item for loss/damage when shipping, obtain full tracking as evidence of shipping (this should include items weight on receipt and value), ensure the sellers Paypal account is verified, the item is well packaged/crated. Fail on any of the above, you could quite possibly be stung yes. I use Paypal a lot as both a business and a seller, and I would trust it totally, never had a problem in both situations. Also, never simply send or receive the money, raise an invoice through Paypal and provide as much detail as possible on description of goods and so forth. Sadly, local sales only work within immediate vicinity and may not command the same money as one made globally. The wider your market net, the more you'll make, the more you risk.

#56 7 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Cash is king. No chance of getting screwed.

Just check those hundreds!

#57 7 years ago
    Quoted from craigpinball:

I use Paypal a lot.......... and I would trust it totally

#58 7 years ago

ship to the invoice address, insure the item for loss/damage when shipping, obtain full tracking as evidence of shipping (this should include items weight on receipt and value), ensure the sellers Paypal account is verified, the item is well packaged/crated.

That's a lot of effort for something Paypal's going to ignore anyway...

#59 7 years ago

and I would trust it totally,

Since you say you "would trust it totally"; Do you actually use it now and DO trust it? Or, do you mean something else?

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/accepting-paypal-for-buying-a-machine/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.