Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knockerlover.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Exploring the idea of accepting credit cards on location. What have you operators done that has worked for you?

The way I see it, for larger locations a token machine that takes credit cards would possibly work. Or even better would be a kiosk card system though they can get expensive I would think.

For smaller locations are there credit card readers that mount on the games? If so what systems have you used and will they work with traditional Bill acceptors also?

1 week later
    #16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Putting one on the changer is a good idea I haven't thought of. People do complain that I don't have it on every game but it's too cost prohibitive to do so.

I believe taking a credit card payment for cash is illegal in the US, which I assume is why many places I’ve seen accept credit cards for tokens.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Yeah but who is going to police that?

The location this would be going in has a very low risk tolerance.

#25 4 years ago

I ended up sending a note to American changer, here was their response about change machines that convert credit card to quarters.

“ Thank you for coming to American Changer with your question. Unfortunately, if they are dispensing change, ATM banking regulations prohibit us from allowing a credit card reader on the machines.”

Looks like the options are:

-Convert to tokens and use a token change machine that accepts credit cards.
    -Convert to a card kiosk system that uses credit cards.
    -Install credit card readers on each game.

The token route seems most cost effective for smaller locations.

#36 4 years ago

I learned that credit card units can be custom ordered or retrofit onto the American Changer units. I think what we will do is order an AC2001 (dual hopper), put a credit card processor on it, and have it set for tokens.

What’s everyone’s favorite token mech?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knockerlover.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/accepting-credit-cards-on-location?tu=knockerlover and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.