Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

acapulco 4-in-line (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Hello,
First, I tell you that English is not my main language, so if You do not understand me well, I apologize.
I bought and old Acapulco bingo in very bad condition a year ago. I bougth the videos of Richard Gerlitz to learn about bingos, and with a lot of work i could repair in a 90% my bingo.
All motors work fine, the shutter and lift motors work ok, the extra ball work fine, magicnumber, advancing scores, ballyhole, rol over buttons, lights, etc.. everything work fine...
Except...
All payments are fine, but the only problem I have is when i do 4 or 5 in line, the payment is as 3 in line. There is no problem with other bigs payments because al the payment with advanced scores work fine, and pay ok, but i'cant make 4 and 5 in line pay correctly.
I could see in the schematic, that there is a superline relay where the 4 and 5 in line payment must past to pay correctly, and if i press(Force) the relay manually, the payment is correct. But this relay doesn't close when there is a 4 or 5 in line. The relay is ok, i checked it.
This relay depend of another (the feature selector relay) that must be closed to(I interpret that in the diagram), but there's something that it's wrong, and i can't solve the problem...
Any one could help me?
Best regards
EDuardo

#2 2 years ago

there's a circuit change at game serial number 1640. What serial number is your game?

the change only affects 5-in-line wins.

the most likely problem is dirty/misadjusted switches on search relay 2 or 4.

too much information below
-------------------------------

Quoted from eduatkinson29:

Hello,
I could see in the schematic, that there is a superline relay where the 4 and 5 in line payment must past to pay correctly, and if i press(Force) the relay manually, the payment is correct. But this relay doesn't close when there is a 4 or 5 in line. The relay is ok, i checked it.

the super-line relay only powers when the search wipers are checking the line the lit arrow is pointing to when the super-line (super-score) feature is enabled.

if you manually hold the super line relay closed, it will close the circuit to the make the win detect as +1 what it really is. For example, a 3-in-line will activate the 4-in-line win circuits.

a 4/5-in-line win will also power the lesser win circuits. For example, a 5-in-line win also powers the 4-in-line and 3-in-line win circuits.

in the below schematic, highlighted in yellow is a standard 4-in-line win on a red line.

highlighted in green is the same win powering the 3-in-line circuit.

if you close the super-line relay, you close the switch on the purple highlight, so you connect wire 65 to 71-3 and it pays 4-in-line.

your problem is one or more of:
1] super line relay A switch is not connecting 74-7 to 71-3 when the super-line relay is unpowered
2] one of the switches between 74-7 and 50-3 isn't working

since 4-in-line and 5-in-line aren't working, the switches on search relays 2 and 4 in the yellow path are a single point of failure for both wins and are the most likely problem.

you can inspect all the switches, use a jumper wire or a voltmeter to find the problem. Which do you want to do?

a good way to test is:

1] reset game, shoot balls and put them in holes to create a 4-in-line win in holes B-C-D-E (top row, right 4 numbers - manual page 13)
2] manually step up the timer unit all the way. The motors should turn off
3] stick a piece of paper under wiper B on the red score unit so the 3-in-line circuit is disabled (wire 81-8 is disconnected from rivets - manual page 4)
4] manually release and spin the search wipers clockwise to position 49 (manual page 14 ... it's one rivet clockwise from the 12:00 position)
5] verify search relays 2, 3, 4 and 5 are powered

at this point, the 4-in-line win detect circuit should be active and the search index unit should power. If it's not, I usually use a voltmeter with a probe on wire 70 and the other probe anywhere along the yellow highlight path to see where the 50V drops a lot lower.

if you want to use a jumper, put one end on wire 50-3 on search relay #3 and the other end along the yellow highlight path. When the search index unit powers, the circuit is good from that point down on the schematic.

I hope the above is understandable ... please ask about what is not clear.

acapulco 4-in-line (resized).jpgacapulco 4-in-line (resized).jpg

#3 2 years ago

Well dear friend
First of all, I want to thank you, for taking the time to read my post and not only that, looking for the schematic, the manual, trying to understand my English, and trying to find the problem.
I want to tell you that thanks to you, I have been able to solve the only problem I had!
It was like you told me, one of the switches between 74-7 and 50-3 isn't working, a bad contact on relay 2.
If it weren't for you, today my wife was going to kill me, because since 5 days I got home from work and I'm going to try to solve the problem!
I thank you from the heart, because I think it was the last thing I was missing.
I'm finishing some aesthetic detail of the bingo, but the most important thing works perfectly!
Thank you very very much!!!
Best regards

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acapulco-payment-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.